PDA

View Full Version : Quick question for you guys( Hogan related)

The Answer
10-10-2005, 02:30 PM
Now I know we have done this song and dance before but going through the Smackdown vs Raw 2 videogame thread I get the sense that no one really hates the Hogan that much. It seems that most hate the red and yellow "Real American" Hogan but liked him as the heel Hollywood Hogan in his WCW days. Is that about right?

Disturbed316
10-10-2005, 02:41 PM
I've always been a mark for Hogan, but I think it's time for him to hang up his boots.

Shane Michaels
10-10-2005, 02:44 PM
well, i was a hulkamaniac back when i was a kid and loved it when i got older when he was Hollywood Hogan and a bad guy.

I liked the return to the red and yellow for a while and even at Wrestlemania 21 when he saved Eugene, but I was pissed HBK had to job to his old ass!

im actually a fan of his daughter....ssccchhhwwwiinnggg!!!!

Jaton
10-10-2005, 03:06 PM
I didn't like Hogan much in the nWo days, but I was an impressionable mark. Now that I think about it, I realize he was a DAMN good heel then. Even if he didn't always do what was best for business.

dablackguy
10-10-2005, 03:07 PM
Agreed, it was fun the 1st time when most of us were kids and when he was HH we all hated him, but now he's old and should probably hang it up. I don't hate the guy to be honest, but I kinda wish he would leave.

Weekly 5 minute posing segments = :'(

James Steele
10-10-2005, 03:28 PM
I have never liked Hogan. I will never like Hogan. I don't even respect Hulk Hogan, and yes, I will never respect Hulk Hogan either.

mrslackalack
10-10-2005, 03:32 PM
He was popular as the Red and Yellow hulk but eventually needed a fresh change. As Hollywood he was big but needed a fresh change back to the Red and Yellow Hulk. Eventually he may need to change back to Hollywood Hogan.

Aussie Skier
10-10-2005, 07:00 PM
I was never a huge hogan mark...in fact, I've never really liked him all that much.

I do think its a touch unfair for HBK to job to him, but I guess its happened now, and there's nothing we can do about it.

I think its really special when Hogan randomly turns up to a raw taping or PPV (like WM21...that was awesome!), but i remember watching Raw about 6 months with a mate of mine and he (who had already read the spoilers) said "Hogan is gonna turn up for the main event".

It was a really :-\ sort of thing

Ninti the Mad
10-10-2005, 07:42 PM
I f'n loved him as Hollywood Hogan because the heel tactics/run-ins made his wins believable.

Now that he wins just like that is annoying when you know the other person is so much better. OH WELL

Just glad he doesnt come out every week.

Joey Slugs
10-10-2005, 07:47 PM
the ONLY time I ever liked Hogan was during the nWo days.

PullMyFinger
10-10-2005, 08:26 PM
I've been a huge Hogan fans in both era....but I really loved the nWo heel days. They were classic!

Pinnacle Charisma
10-10-2005, 10:44 PM
I have never liked Hogan. I will never like Hogan. I don't even respect Hulk Hogan, and yes, I will never respect Hulk Hogan either.

I agree 110%.

Astley316
10-10-2005, 11:28 PM
Its not that i hate hogan, i wasnt really around for his big run, i only started watching wrestling towards the end of 92, but i got a lot of tapes of hogan in his prime and became a fan, i marked out when he took the title, off yokozuna at wm9 only because at the time, i didnt know the real deal,

I never watched wcw so i missed the whole nwo, and it was fun watching when he nash and hall came to the wwe and seeing heel hogan, it was even fun in his last championship run, but now its getting stale, maybe its like going to disney land, when your young mickey mouse is the coolest, but as you get older, it loses it's appeal and i guess hogans real appeal lies with the younger viewers