PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is up with smackdown

BigDaddyCool
10-11-2005, 01:05 PM
I haven't watched smackdown in a long time, but what the hell? I just went to the Smackdown Superstar website, and who the hell are all these dude? I mean they have about a billion new dudes, and 5 old guys and Christian. It is crazy.

CharismaInjection
10-11-2005, 01:09 PM
Depends how long it is since you've watched it. Most recent guys:

Ken Kennedy.
Bobby Lashley.
Juventud.
Pscosis.
Super Crazy.
Paul Birchill.
Brian Kendrick.

PullMyFinger
10-11-2005, 01:25 PM
Yeah, who the fuck is Lashley? I watched a FULL smackdown for the first time in two months, and I see this Lashley guy?

Kennedy is the shit though. I love how Christian was sent to SD! to both job and be forgotton.

RGWhat316
10-11-2005, 01:49 PM
I don't know too much about Lashley. He just debuted a couple weeks ago, but he looks awesome. And Kennedy is the shit.
..................Kennedy!

Chavo Classic
10-11-2005, 03:29 PM
These new guys are great. Smackdown is doing a dam good job of bringing in new talent and selling them to the audience. I don't have to say how popular Ken Kennedy is on the forum - a lot of guys will watch most of SD just to see this guy say two words (well, actually one word twice)

Kudos to SD for trying something new. It's progressive and you can't hate the managament for trying to do something with what is otherwise, a god awful show.

Destor
10-11-2005, 03:36 PM
LASHLEY!

Chavo Classic
10-11-2005, 03:38 PM
BURCHILL!

Destor
10-11-2005, 03:41 PM
LINDA!

Favre4Ever
10-11-2005, 04:27 PM
So what if Christians jobbing on Smackdown? The fact that he's even involved in a storyline with Booker T and Benoit gives him mad props. Christians a steady upper midcarder, and I predict he'll stay there and continue to be sucessful for quite some time.

Favre4Ever
10-11-2005, 04:28 PM
Hey, at least hes not stuck jobbing to Kennedy and Lashley.

Nark Order
10-11-2005, 04:33 PM
Yet

PYRO-MANIAC
10-12-2005, 01:08 AM
Well ive watched Raw and Smackdown religiously for years now.

Raw is something i look forward too. Raw is special - you feel like you've watched something cool, something worth waiting for most of the time.

Smackdown lately for me is - MEH.

Now something must be pretty fu*ked up for me to feel that way about the "Show thats changing friday nights" :roll:

Its boring. Teddy long bores the hell out of me because he's acts like an angel or some $hit. Kennedy, MNM, Lashley, Christian, Guerrero. These wrestlers keep me interested.

L.O.D as tag champs? Meh

Batista still champ - Meh

Mysterio sticking to around 5 moves per match - Meh

I dont know it just seems thrown together at the last minute lately. I loved batista when he left evolution but lately he's been boring to me.

Smackdown miss Hassan and Daviari. Taker gets too much time on TV in my opinion.. its just the same $hit over and over.

Mordecai had something special and so did Hassan and they dont have a job and Christy Hemme and others do? Thats whats wrong with Smackdown.. :n:

On the plus side Benoits great if they let him go for it. And so's Burchill even though the WWE have totally changed him from monster to technical grappler.. :roll:

I mean i know WWE wrestlers are bigger than FWA's but come on he could still be a monster in the WWE.

Oh and one more thing the PPV's suck. I didn't even think about getting No Mercy on PPV. And again thats sad because ive watched wrestling for almost 20 years and its only the last year ive felt like that. Raw PPV's are worth the money but Smackdown PPV's are just 3 hour long smackdown shows! :nono:

** RANT OVER ** :lol:

KayfabeMan
10-12-2005, 01:48 AM
:lol: @ WWE's new "superstars".

Man, wrestling sure has changed.

And NOT for the better.

KayfabeMan
10-12-2005, 01:49 AM
Also, I say

PYRO MANIAC is actually Vince McMahon :shifty:

:lol:

Chavo Classic
10-12-2005, 08:44 AM
The recently thread for the Smackdown only PPV No Mercy covered just 2 pages. That's all that needs to be said for our interest in the brand.

Morgan
10-12-2005, 08:47 AM
I'll admit that whole "show that's changing friday nights" thing cracks me up.
Not that Smackdowns terrible at the moment, but still....

PYRO-MANIAC
10-12-2005, 09:15 AM
WHO IN THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE! :lol:

I wish i was vinnie mac i really do.

Id love to be wrong but judging by the lack of interest in the Smackdown PPV's that we've been talking about, its fair to say Smackdown sucks at the moment.

If it gets any worse i may just stop watching it altogether. Smackdown needs the likes of Lesnar, Benjamin, Christian, Benoit (Going more than 5 mins! :roll: ) it needs Batista to learn more moves. Guerrero to be given the ball and run with it. Ken Kennedy - from what ive seen of this guy he's one of the best grapplers on Smackdown. He has charisma, And looks pretty solid overall.

Smackdown has the superstars to turn things around - Burchill & Regal are another example. It just doesn't seem to have a clue when it comes to booking. :nono:

*MINI RANT OVER DAMNIT* :lol:

Your right i do sound like Vince!

Londoner
10-12-2005, 09:25 AM
The sad thing is, anyone who gets popular and develops well on smackdown, will just get drafted to Raw eventually.

That's another reason to join the rosters.

Chavo Classic
10-12-2005, 11:22 AM
Smackdown is the show for smarks. The wrestlers on that show are usual the underappreciated and overlooked superstars who aren't cheered as much (or sometimes not at all) by the casual audience but loved by the internet community. Take a look at Christian, Benoit, the cruisers including London and Spanky and other newbies such as Burchill and Sylvian.

I like Smackdown's roster, its the piss-poor booking under dave Lagana which is leading to the product suffering. When Heyman was in charge on-screen and off the show was critically more acclaimed than Raw. Seriously, if Heyman was in conrtrol of the current roster, Smackdown would be the business... and he certainly wouldn't have time for the Boogeyman on his show

PYRO-MANIAC
10-12-2005, 11:31 AM
Smackdown is the show for smarks. The wrestlers on that show are usual the underappreciated and overlooked superstars who aren't cheered as much (or sometimes not at all) by the casual audience but loved by the internet community. Take a look at Christian, Benoit, the cruisers including London and Spanky and other newbies such as Burchill and Sylvian.

I like Smackdown's roster, its the piss-poor booking under dave Lagana which is leading to the product suffering. When Heyman was in charge on-screen and off the show was critically more acclaimed than Raw. Seriously, if Heyman was in conrtrol of the current roster, Smackdown would be the business... and he certainly wouldn't have time for the Boogeyman on his show

:yes:

Couldn't have said it better myself. They have the star power and the wrestlers to match Raws.

However Smackdowns main weakness is the booking. There seems to be no direction to the storylines and they seem to drag on and on without anything really happening. Its all very anti climatic for me at the moment.

Heyman booking that show with those wrestlers would be AMAZING.. i would watch every week if that happened.

Oh and Teddy Long needs to go.. he really bores the hell out of me "playa!" :-\

Lara Emily
10-12-2005, 11:38 AM
:lol: @ WWE's new "superstars".

Man, wrestling sure has changed.

And NOT for the better.

Have to agree.

PYRO-MANIAC
10-12-2005, 11:56 AM
Have to agree.

No doubting the talent.. they just need the right moment.

I mean look at Rocky Maivia - Turned into the Rock

Terry Bollea - Turned into "Hulk" Hogan

Shawn Michaels - Turned into "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels

Mean Mark Calloway - Turned into "The Undertaker"

"The Ringmaster" Steve Austin - Turned into "Stone Cold' Steve Austin

The talent thats close to breaking into that catergory are :-

Ken Kennedy

Bobby Lashley - with the right gimmick

Paul Birchill

Chris Benoit - if he's let loose

And Randy Orton - if he continues the way he's going. :y:

Christian- if he can get a run of wins and get some tv time.

They all have to start somewhere. All these guys are either in their mid 30's or mid - late 20's - Orton, Christian, Birchill and Lashley :D

All they need is the right booking, gimmick and timing thats all. You should know that Kayfabe ;)

Another who could make that list is Booker T. But id have him turn heel and use his own name and claim everyones racist. New music, new moves, he could be the $hit if used right. He's got stale thats all but no doubting his talents.