PDA

View Full Version : Citizen Kane - How will the WWE book his return?

PYRO-MANIAC
10-11-2005, 10:55 PM
Thats the question..

Ive been a huge fan of Kane since his debut at bad blood. He's always kept me watching Raw even when it sucked in the past.

My favourite Kane is masked psycho Kane. The Kane that goes on rampages and chokeslams people through tables, sets people on fire, afraid of noone, indestructable.. you remember.

Monster Kane was awesome when Kane was chained up. He played that character f'n amazingly!!! He was pretty much indestructable and was one of the main characters at one time - he was why most people watched Raw at one point. You know its true.. :naughty:

Personally because story line wise he was sent to jail. Why not have him chained up again with the security? Even go the full hog and have him carted down on a trolley with a hannibal mask on.. :lol:

Well maybe not quite go that far but you know what i mean, make him menacing again and unpredictable. He's still in his late 30's so he can still have a few more runs with the title if he's booked right and made to look credible again.

Id have him feud with someone like Shawn Michaels and get some great matches going between them. I think HBK could bring out the best in Kane and make him credible again.

How do you think the WWE will book Kanes return? Any thoughts?

Bad Company
10-11-2005, 10:59 PM
so what does this have to do with the movie?

PYRO-MANIAC
10-11-2005, 11:03 PM
:lol: Citizen Kane was Kanes nickname given to him by The Hurricane.

It was a reference to the past. :y:

ANYWAY.. any thoughts on Kane and his future? :cool:

Bad Company
10-11-2005, 11:36 PM
Oh, he should definately come out and squash a few people. Then Ahmed Johnston and Vader can come back and they can create a HUGE stable.

PYRO-MANIAC
10-11-2005, 11:53 PM
Yeah but Kanes not FAT and they are.. it wouldn't work.. :shifty:

Off the top of my head i cant think what they'll have him do on his return. Although funny enough survivor series isn't far away so maybe he'll play a big part in that?

Or maybe he'll win a few matches and job to Masters and Carlito. :'(

Yeah that will probably be it.. :nono:

RemyRed
10-11-2005, 11:54 PM
I would mark the fuck out if Masters beat Kane with the Masterlock.

The Icon of Elisim
10-11-2005, 11:55 PM
I dunno what they are gonna do with him. I didn't watch wrestling over the summer but I don't remember hiim fueding with Edge after Lita turned on him, he just left.

Well you'd think they would've had a fued upon his return but we just had a whole kayfabe fued between Hardy and Edge over Lita, plus Edge is a part of the 6 man group in the heavy weight title scene

Just looking at the roster and people with no fueds the guys in his league would seem to be Masters, Snitsky and Benjamin. I think you could rule out Snitsky since thats been done to death. Doubt they bring him back as a heel so Benjamin is out. I'd guess he has some weird fued with Masters just by default and it'll probably suck pretty bad.

PYRO-MANIAC
10-12-2005, 12:12 AM
I dunno what they are gonna do with him. I didn't watch wrestling over the summer but I don't remember hiim fueding with Edge after Lita turned on him, he just left.

Well you'd think they would've had a fued upon his return but we just had a whole kayfabe fued between Hardy and Edge over Lita, plus Edge is a part of the 6 man group in the heavy weight title scene

Just looking at the roster and people with no fueds the guys in his league would seem to be Masters, Snitsky and Benjamin. I think you could rule out Snitsky since thats been done to death. Doubt they bring him back as a heel so Benjamin is out. I'd guess he has some weird fued with Masters just by default and it'll probably suck pretty bad.

ARGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

:lol: Soon as you said that i thought i wonder what the WWE story writers would do. Then i thought about masters and how he could go over Kane.

Problem with that though is Kanes f'n huge and im not sure he could even lock it in properly. Plus Kane could power out easily im sure of it. :yes:

Im scratching my head thinking of possible opponents. It would have to be someone who's over for a start. And someone who can put on good matches.

Two names came into my head - Benjamin and Michaels.. :naughty:

Nark Order
10-12-2005, 12:17 AM
I'M GOING TO BE THERE!!! :D

PYRO-MANIAC
10-12-2005, 12:22 AM
You lucky Sonnofabitch!

:lol:

Should be awesome his returns usually are - specially when he's been gone for a month or two.

I hope they take this opportunity to let him use more moves - he used to do powerbombs, tilt-a-wirl slams, pump handle slams, top rope suplexes, throat toss's, germans, back body drops and tombstones..

They took all those moves away from him.. thats 8 MOVES that i can think of right now.. poor poor Glen.. :'(

Mr. Nerfect
10-12-2005, 06:20 AM
Kane marks are always welcome in my house.

Anyway, I was just thinking how awesome it would have been to have him return in the main event of RAW this week. The ref is knocked down which allows John Cena, Big Show, Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle, Carlito & Edge to brawl wildly when all of a sudden BOOM! Slow Chemical plays as the Big Red Machine makes his way to the ring before going Chokeslam crazy.

I guess he will return next week against Chris Masters or someone. I personally hope they have him break The Masterlock. It may bge a bad move (a newer guy could really get a boost from breaking The Masterlock), but it would remind people who Kane is, and re-dedicate the WWE to bulding him up as a monster again.

Lux
10-12-2005, 08:30 AM

Anyway, I was just thinking how awesome it would have been to have him return in the main event of RAW this week. The ref is knocked down which allows John Cena, Big Show, Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle, Carlito & Edge to brawl wildly when all of a sudden BOOM! Slow Chemical plays as the Big Red Machine makes his way to the ring before going Chokeslam crazy.

I guess he will return next week against Chris Masters or someone. I personally hope they have him break The Masterlock. It may bge a bad move (a newer guy could really get a boost from breaking The Masterlock), but it would remind people who Kane is, and re-dedicate the WWE to bulding him up as a monster again.
i am a kane fan and can't wait for his return as he always makes an impact

Chavo Classic
10-12-2005, 08:34 AM
Any guesses what version of the Kane gimmick he'll have when he comes back?

Maybe he was really burnt after all... :shifty:

PYRO-MANIAC
10-12-2005, 09:20 AM

:yes: Damn.. i like the sound of that. :y:

It would put Kane over huge and plus the guy towers over masters and if he stood next to him im sure he'd look twice the size of him as Masters is only like 250lbs or so. Going over Masters would be good for Kane but could Masters give him a good match with his style.. im not so sure.

Getting involved with Cena and Michaels in a triple threat match.. now that.. that would be cool! :yes:

As for which version are we going to see? Im going for psychotic, deranged, evil, freddy crueger esque killing machine, behind led by security and chained up on his way to the ring.. well thats what im hoping for! :naughty:

hb2k
10-12-2005, 02:53 PM
SPOILER ALERT - The proposed storyline will be that Kane was driving around for a good three weeks in the ambulance, laughing maniacally taking Lita on the "highway to hell", before realising that she escaped about ten minutes after it began. Sadly for Kane, the ambulance eventually broke down in the middle of nowhere, and he was forced to survive by eating small insects and mule feces. Luckily, he was able to hitchhike a lift back to Parts Unknown, and blames Lita for his poor fortune. So he's looking for her on the 17th.

Well, probably.

Marcyo
10-12-2005, 03:12 PM
SPOILER ALERT - The proposed storyline will be that Kane was driving around for a good three weeks in the ambulance, laughing maniacally taking Lita on the "highway to hell", before realising that she escaped about ten minutes after it began. Sadly for Kane, the ambulance eventually broke down in the middle of nowhere, and he was forced to survive by eating small insects and mule feces. Luckily, he was able to hitchhike a lift back to Parts Unknown, and blames Lita for his poor fortune. So he's looking for her on the 17th.

Well, probably.

:y:

Chavo Classic
10-12-2005, 07:18 PM
I'm sorry. I forgot that Kane even went away. Under what circumstances did he leave?

Destor
10-12-2005, 07:24 PM
Drove off with Lita in the back of a ambulance and then didn't show up on RAW anymore. Basically, random disappearance. He just went *poof*.

PYRO-MANIAC
10-12-2005, 07:25 PM
I'm sorry. I forgot that Kane even went away. Under what circumstances did he leave?

Unofficially he left to make a horror movie called "Goodnight"

Its supposed to be pretty damn good for his first film and the movies full of freddy and Jason moments.. i'll be buying it when its released! :y:

He is the main character in the movie - He's playing a bad ass called Jacob if i remember right. I haven't seen pictures of Jacob yet but he's meant to be a lot like Jason and other such main horror characters.

Officially he took lita away in an ambulance, he was going to take her on the highway to hell.. :shifty:

He ended up in jail.. and now he's free i guess.

Oh and also he's had knee surgery that he's been needing for a while. I hope that brings you up to date. ;)

Chavo Classic
10-12-2005, 07:27 PM
So, he just didn't turn up for work. Wow! In kayfabe world, he'd so be fired by now.

Chavo Classic
10-12-2005, 07:28 PM

Its supposed to be pretty damn good for his first film and the movies full of freddy and Jason moments.. i'll be buying it when its released! :y:

He is the main character in the movie - He's playing a bad ass called Jacob if i remember right. I haven't seen pictures of Jacob yet but he's meant to be a lot like Jason and other such main horror characters.

Last I heard that movie was going to be called 'Eye Scream Man' and is about a load of kids doing community service who are assigned to regenerate a delapidated house. I bet this is going strrrrrrrraight to video

PYRO-MANIAC
10-12-2005, 07:30 PM
So, he just didn't turn up for work. Wow! In kayfabe world, he'd so be fired by now.

Yeah he would, i just had an idea involving the Mcmahons.

They could in theory be pissed with Kane and threaten to fire him. Watch him break down and realise his dream could be over and then say something like "Unless you work for us" :naughty:

That would be a believable storyline for him. A enforcer who's forced to work for the Mcmahons. Then down the road you could have Kane turn on the Mcmahons again because of frustration or something.. :lol:

On the subject of the movie - They changed the title to "Goodnight"

I think it could be shown in some theatres although it would still sell a lot of copies on dvd if its a decent horror movie.

Chavo Classic
10-12-2005, 07:33 PM
I love that storyline! Good work PYRO! Kane as the reluctant enforcer - this was also done a few years ago when the Corporation was around and Vince threatened to send Kane to a mental asylum if he didn't co-operate. It'd work well again with this new stipulation and because he's a totally new character now. I love it!

PYRO-MANIAC
10-12-2005, 07:34 PM
Some more info on the movie i found - i was right they are releasing it in the theatres.

WWE Films is also in post-production on the tentatively titled Goodnight™, starring WWE RAW® Superstar Kane®, also making his motion picture debut. The film is described as an intense horror movie with a unique and unusual setting. “We’ve created the classic bad guy, the classic monster,” Simon states. “We’re trying to create a villain franchise in the vein of Jason, Freddie and Pinhead.” The film is written by Dan Madigan (repped by ICM) and Harris Levine Wilkinson (repped by Justin Silvera) and directed by Gregory Dark (repped by ICM). The film is executive produced by Vince McMahon and produced by Joel Simon. WWE has completed a deal with Lions Gate to distribute Goodnight theatrically

:yes:

Thanks man, i thought it was a good idea soon as it came into my head. I remember the similar storyline from a while back but Kanes new like you say and he's a different character now really, so this could work.

You could even have Shane be sympathetic to the monster at some point and release him or some shit.. :lol:

Which would be like releasing Frankenstein after he's been tortured and humiliated. Path of destruction and maybe the end of the Mcmahons. :D

Nervous Ferret
10-12-2005, 07:36 PM
THE MARINE

That should be coming out soon, no?

PYRO-MANIAC
10-12-2005, 07:40 PM
THE MARINE

That should be coming out soon, no?

Funny enough i have another quote.. :lol:

Aside from the Stone Cold Steve Austin deal, WWE Films, will produce and fully finance another two to four films a year. The first film out of the gate is The Marine™, currently in post-production in Los Angeles after wrapping production on location Queensland, Australia. The film stars and marks the motion picture debut of WWE SmackDown! ™ Superstar John Cena (currently seen every Thursday night on WWE’s Smackdown! on UPN from 8:00pm-10:00pm EST.), and co-stars with Robert Patrick (Terminator 2, Ladder 49) and Kelly Carlson (Nip/Tuck). The Marine is directed by commercial helmer John Bonito (represented by ICM), based on an original spec script by Michell Gallagher that was subsequently rewritten by Alan McElroy (represented by Hohman Maybank Lieb). The film is executive produced by Vince McMahon and produced by Joel Simon, Kathryn Sommer, and Jonathan Winfrey. WWE has completed a deal with 20th Century Fox to distribute The Marine theatrically.

Well work on the films finished i read that in a Cena interview a while ago. I think they are just waiting for the right time to release it or something. ;)

PYRO-MANIAC
10-12-2005, 07:46 PM
Ok newer info i managed to find :-

When it comes to WWE Films, Linda said that FOX and Lion’s Gate Films are pleased with See No Evil and The Marine at this point. Linda put over John Cena’s potential as a “breakout action star”. See No Evil is set to come out in January of 2006, but The Marine doesn’t have a planned release date yet. The next planned film project is The Condemned, starring Steve Austin. Linda said they were “confident” about how the division is coming along.

Its changed names AGAIN from "Goodnight" to "See No Evil" :wtf:

January 2006.. interesting.. :naughty:

Marine could be late 2006 i think a month or two after wrestlemania im guessing.

Yashamaga
10-12-2005, 08:00 PM
Kane vs. THE BOOGEYMAN

Innovator
10-13-2005, 12:28 AM
Remember when Kane came back in February of 2000?

I sure as hell do, 10 man tag main event of Cactus Jack, Rock, II Cool, and Rikishi vs. D-X.

The match gets thrown out and everyone is brawling, then the lights cut out. Paul Bearer is standing on the top of the ramp wearing a red turtleneck, Kane's organ music hits, BAM! THE BIG RED MACHINE! He comes down and single handedly pushes D-X's shit in.

-----

Moral of the story, Kane's badassness is gone

Skippord
10-13-2005, 01:16 AM
Any guesses what version of the Kane gimmick he'll have when he comes back?

Maybe he was really burnt after all... :shifty:

Metro sexual kane

"I went through Hellfire and Bloomingdales/Brigadoon :'(

Mr. Nerfect
10-13-2005, 03:17 AM
Yeah he would, i just had an idea involving the Mcmahons.

They could in theory be pissed with Kane and threaten to fire him. Watch him break down and realise his dream could be over and then say something like "Unless you work for us" :naughty:

That would be a believable storyline for him. A enforcer who's forced to work for the Mcmahons. Then down the road you could have Kane turn on the Mcmahons again because of frustration or something.. :lol:

On the subject of the movie - They changed the title to "Goodnight"

I think it could be shown in some theatres although it would still sell a lot of copies on dvd if its a decent horror movie.

For some reason, I would mark out if Shane McMahon came out on RAW and yelled at his family saying he's disgusted to be a McMahon, and he thinks he should take over before they completely poison RAW when BOOM! Kane comes out, we have a tense moment between Shane McMahon and Kane (who had some battles in 2003 if I remember) and then Kane proceeds to kick the crap out of the other McMahons.

Evil Shane with Kane at his side could be interesting. Kane working for Vince relucantly would be some awesome stuff, too.

Chavo Classic
10-13-2005, 07:40 AM
Metro sexual kane

"I went through Hellfire and Bloomingdales/Brigadoon :'(

:rofl:

He'll be wearing a pink shirt and those charity wristbands, what a tool....

:shifty:

http://tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34224

Pinnacle Charisma
10-13-2005, 08:16 AM
For some reason, I would mark out if Shane McMahon came out on RAW and yelled at his family saying he's disgusted to be a McMahon, and he thinks he should take over before they completely poison RAW when BOOM! Kane comes out, we have a tense moment between Shane McMahon and Kane (who had some battles in 2003 if I remember) and then Kane proceeds to kick the crap out of the other McMahons.

Evil Shane with Kane at his side could be interesting. Kane working for Vince relucantly would be some awesome stuff, too.

It would be intresting if ether of those two storylines would happen.

I would love it if Shane was set agasnt the rest of his family with Kane as his enforcer and recruting one or two faces for a faction.

hb2k
10-13-2005, 09:45 AM
Kane filmed the movie like a year ago, that's been long since done, so his recent absense was not to film that - I recall hearing something about athroscopic knee surgery.

PYRO-MANIAC
10-14-2005, 08:16 AM
:rofl:

He'll be wearing a pink shirt and those charity wristbands, what a tool....

:shifty:

http://tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34224

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :foc:

Dont give the WWE ideas like that!!!!! :nono: :n: :n: :(

I swear if Kane comes back with a pink shirt on and leather pants and charity wristbands on. I swear i will never watch wwe AGAIN.. EVER!! :lol:

As for the Kane/Shane storyline - that would work damn well. :y:

For some reason i dont think Shanes part of the Evil Mcmahon clan. There just has to be a twist to this thing somewere. ;)

DominateR
10-14-2005, 10:53 AM

Would that be the new title of the movie once called "Eye Scream Man" or is this an entirely different project for Mr. Jacobs?

PYRO-MANIAC
10-14-2005, 10:55 AM
Would that be the new title of the movie once called "Eye Scream Man" or is this an entirely different project for Mr. Jacobs?

Well it would be the new title of the movie once called "Eye Scream Man" and "Goodnight" but they changed it again to "SEE NO EVIL" :lol:

So yeah its still the same one movie.. only its had 3 changes in name SO FAR.

Its due out in January 2006 - so im hoping we get a badass Kane from now until after January to hype the film! :naughty:

Its being released in theatres too which suprises me.. i hope it does well myself. :D

Evolution
10-14-2005, 02:53 PM
Knowing WWE, Shane will turn out to be adopted and Kane is his real father.

Kane McMahon, ladies and gentlemen!

The MAC
10-14-2005, 03:51 PM
I remember Kanes debut match *i think) where he beat the holy shit out of mankind.

that guy was truly fuckn scary. fastforward to this year -2005 has been the "year of pussicifation of kane"

this losing the mask thing - sucked

but this love thing with lita - that sucked a fat sweaty ass that has been stained from the runs..

Baw God thru hell fire and brimstone- now its thru badly conceived angles and jobbing like a crack-whore

hb2k
10-16-2005, 11:49 AM
I honestly don't care about his return - I don't see where he fits into the current landscape, and I'm pretty tired of the "pissed off monster wrecks havoc" gimmick. Then again, I'm sick of McMahon domination, and they went ahead and renewed that, so I guess....

And for the last time, Kane WASN'T filming the movie, that was done a while back, on this hiatus he had knee surgery.

St. Jimmy
10-16-2005, 12:11 PM
personally, he'd be better off on smackdown,
make him fued with "the boogeyman",
let them destroy each other,
and then bring him in on the Taker-Orton thing at survior series,
make him look like a beast again,
you know - before they job him again =/

Skippord
10-16-2005, 09:17 PM
Knowing WWE, Shane will turn out to be adopted and Kane is his real father.

Kane McMahon, ladies and gentlemen!

*Marks the Fuck Out*