PDA

View Full Version : funny* Bret Hart/wCw stuff

The MAC
10-16-2005, 02:47 PM
I was reading some threads on wCw at Wreslecrap. They have a thread about stupid things that have happened in wCw. The list is very long.
I've picked out the BRet Hart Stuff - If anyone has videos of these please post em ( i know there's a seperate thread ..blah blah etc ..zzz)

1)Throughout the show, they (the NWO) were torturing Bret Hart. Nash was torturing Hart and in the background you could hear the director wrapping up the scene. The final scene saw Hart coming out with a pipe while covered in makeup to make it appear he'd been beaten up on. It was the same makeup they used for Arn Anderson, totally exposing that angle. Hart challenged the NWO guys to come out. Nash & Jarrett came out with bats. Then it got really silly. Hart was in a stand-off with Nash and Jarrett forever because Funk & Anderson arrived so late. Apparently live it was obvious Hart & Nash were having a hard time not laughing because the timing was so screwed up. Funk came out with a flaming branding iron and Anderson with a bucket of water. Anderson threw the bucket of water on Hart, with the idea that the makeup would run. The makeup didn't run, but the announcers had to sell that it did." - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: January 24, 2000

2) "Bret Hart filmed a hip hop video this past week" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: September 22, 1999

3) Bret Hart came out for an interview. With no programs to talk about, he mainly talked about his cat. He was becoming target practice, and told Gene Okerlund that those cups (being thrown) are being aimed at him" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: December 14, 1998

4)Fans were taunting Bret Hart about his (groin) injury. (Hart) said that none of them even had groins" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: December 7, 1998

many thanks in advance!

Rob
10-16-2005, 02:57 PM
I rememeber when Bret Hart was in the Georgia Dome spilling his guts about the death of his brother Owen... and fans booed him. That was WCW for you.

KayfabeMan
10-16-2005, 03:06 PM
WCW :y:
WWE :lol:

The MAC
10-16-2005, 03:08 PM
when people said wCw fucked brets career up - I hadnt realised bret was a living "a saturday night live skit" in wCw

Yashamaga
10-17-2005, 03:21 PM
*WCW

The Fitz
10-17-2005, 04:39 PM
Favourite Bret Hart WCW line:

"Terry Funk you're an idiot, a moron and an idiot."

vampiro03
10-17-2005, 06:14 PM
Bret SUCKED in wcw for 1 reason. he never ever eeeeeeever got over montreal. his matches were barely watchable. I hated seeing him hate wrestling. he had all that anger and bitterness towords wrestling and it always showed. he never moved on. its all we heard about from the time he showed up in wcw. the 18-month build up for Sting vs. Hogan was titanic'ed by bret fucking hart. I waited for so long to see Sting get a clean win over Hollywood that when the ppv was over I was pissed because they ended it under contraversy because of the "Bret Hart story". thats when I realised wcw didn't care about anything other than sticking it to the wwe. No hardcore wcw fan really gave a rats ass what happend in Montreal. we wanted to see sting vs hogan!

OfficialSvRThread
10-17-2005, 06:19 PM
BRET HART WELL BRET HART IS A FAT MAN WHOS UH FAT YEAH THATS IT EXACTLY BOOM

vampiro03
10-17-2005, 06:21 PM
BRET HART WELL BRET HART IS A FAT MAN WHOS UH FAT YEAH THATS IT EXACTLY BOOM

WOW
what a thought out, intelligent and well spoken reply

Zen v.W.o.
10-17-2005, 06:30 PM
Bret wasn't just angry, but he was totally drained of any care for the programs he was working due to the fact wcw didnt know how to use him, and I dont think Bret ever wanted to be a part of wcw. In his heart, I think he's always been a loyal wwe guy, and would have stayed there for anything, but he couldnt. I think that deflated him.
Then after what happened with Owen, he just became angered with anything and everything to do with the business.

He still managed to do some good things there..I mean 4 US title reigns, a world title reign, I think tag title reign, and the only guy to hold 4 victories over the guy they were pushing so hard in Goldberg..yeah, not bad. Plus he beat all the other top stars there too.
If you compare that to his wwe career, with all the classics and accomplishments he had there, then yeah, it doesnt look all that great..but anyone else would kill to be able to do half of what Bret did in his shorter time in wcw. For anyone else other then Bret, that is a pretty good list of accomoplishments. You gotta put it all into perspective a bit.

vampiro03
10-17-2005, 06:40 PM
I loved Bret pre-Montreal. after that I could tell wrestling wasn't in his heart anymore, and I just hated seeing him like that. yes, he had title reigns but they were poorly put together. wcw shouldn't have involved Bret in the Sting/Hollywood match. that will never change in my mind. He was so out of place in wcw. it wasn't a good fit or a good time for him to jump ship.

O.G Loc
10-18-2005, 02:58 AM
WOW
what a thought out, intelligent and well spoken reply

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Destor
10-18-2005, 03:04 AM
Nothing in this thread makes sense.

edit*

Except Rob

sadio8
10-18-2005, 11:47 AM
Great find man! I went to the Wrestlecrap message board and checked out the entire thread of wrestling observer newsletter quotes! Just simply amazing! Thanks again!

The One
10-18-2005, 04:09 PM
Bret's bad career in WCW (And it's fucking WCW not wCw) was Bret's fault. Blame it on Montreal, blame it on WCW not knowing how to use him, hell blame it on the stars if it makes you feel better at night...but this is one time where I can say with 100% certainty, Bret screwed Bret.

Bret Hart had enough skill in his stool sample to put on a great match in his sleep. He didn't even need to try in all honesty. But his pride and ego killed him. He went beyond getting lazy...and I don't think it was because wrestling was out of his heart...he went out of his way to make a point. Hitman could give a promo that came from the heart, even if it was scripted (and you can always tell when it's someone else's writing) it still carried weight in his soul. Once he walked through the doors of WCW, he never once tried to give anything. No let me correct myself, when Owen died his promo and match with Benoit was incredible...but that was it. His match with Benoit wasn't even one of his better matches, yet it is probably one of the most talked about because it was the first time since Montreal that he actually put even a half assed attempt into his work. He still talks about wrestling, he still lives for it, and at the end of the day, in order to be as good as Hart was you give more then alot of time into it, in order to be the best you give your body, mind, heart, soul, and entire life. I have heard people say they would die to be as good as Bret Hart, well Bret Hart got that good by giving his entire life to it. When your the best, your the best because that's the only thing in your life that makes sense. That's the only thing that you have. At the end of the day, being the best is your ultimate mistress. So don't tell me that Bret Hart lost soul...I don't buy that for one second.

Now who wants to blame it on WCW? Yeah, I mean in a time where incredible wrestlers who were putting their whole ass and a half into their matches were getting burried. (Jericho, Malenko, Benoit, Guerrero, Cruisers, etc.) Bret comes in an in a matter of 3 years becomes a 4 time United States Champ, World Heavyweight Champ, Tag Champ, beat Goldberg more then any other person, involved in the biggest storylines...everything. He was arguably WWF's biggest star. They brought him in and treated him as one of their biggest stars. They put him up against their biggest names. They involved him in their biggest angles. They gave him a silver platter. Bret knew he was leaving WWF for more money. Once he arrived in WCW and got more money but less respect he got all shocked and shaken. He became lazy. And laziness can only be blamed on the person who is lazy. Bret could have made his time in WCW great...he came in at a time when the storylines sucked, true, AND YET guys like Malenko, Saturn, and (some would say) Jericho had the best time of their careers while storylines sucked. WCW was filled to the brim with great REAL wrestlers. And in my heart and the heart of alot of guys, that is why WCW was better then WWF for a long time. Yeah nWo sucked, yeah nothing made sense, but once the bell rang you knew at least half the boys there would deliver. Bret could have been the light in the darkness being a guy who could deliver in the ring AND be involved with the big million dollar sotrylines...he dropped that ball.

Bret...THIS TIME...screwed Bret.

The Naitch
10-18-2005, 07:16 PM
i remember that hip hop video. It was The Rascalz feat. Bret Hart

Rob
10-19-2005, 06:44 PM
You pay a guy $2.8 million a year who, when he joins the company, happens to be the most talked about wrestler and hottest babyface in the world and then you have no programs for him.

Yeah that's Bret's fault.

Bret Hart, after months of doing absolutely nothing storyline wise, finally gets the go ahead to do an angle in Toronto for the first ever Canadian Nitro. For 10 hours before the show, fans are chanting Bret Hart's name non stop. The angle with Bill Goldberg is arguably the best angle in WCW history. Company does NOTHING to follow up.

Yep, Bret's fault again.

Owen Hart dies. Thinking of just talking to the fans, Bret Hart comes to Nitro in the Georgia Dome (in the middle of some of the most absurd angles in pro wrestling history I might add) and spills his heart about his brother and his feelings. Every single fan around the world who has a heart and soul is dying to cheer Bret Hart's career on at this point. No follow up.

Oh that was absolutely Bret Hart's fault.

I could go on but the story is the same.

Bret screwed Bret apparently. Seems like the only person in the pro wrestling business who is actually over Montreal is friggin Bret Hart. When do you ever hear Bret actually bring it up in conversation? Not talking about it when asked but actually bring it up himself. NEVER.

Loose Cannon
10-19-2005, 07:11 PM
Bret's career in WCW was his fault? WTF?

I didn't know Bret booked his storylines. I didn't know Bret booked himself to join the nWo one week, be back with WCW the next and be in the nWo 3 weeks later. I didn't know Bret booked himself to play second fiddle to Hogan. I didn't know Bret was the one who put the ax on potential money making storylines with Hogan, Goldberg and Flair. I didn't know Bret was the one placing himself in a storyline with Will Sasso from Mad TV, I didn't know Bret booked his usual "I need help from the nWo" finishes when he was US champ. I didn't know Bret was booked to turn on Hogan and join the New Blood, when he was obviosuly did not fit in that group. Oh yea and Bret booked himself to do nothing with that again.

Yea, Bret's fault definately

The MAC
10-20-2005, 05:59 AM
yea i agree with these 2 guys.