PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Tajiri?

The Greater Power
10-18-2005, 01:50 PM
CREDIT: WX

It is very possible that Tajiri will be leaving WWE and perhaps even pro wrestling all together when his WWE contract expires. I believe he signed his first WWE contract back in February 2001 or so after ECW closed down, so I would assume that it would be expiring next February. Apparently, his wife has problems getting a drivers license here in the states. When Tajiri is on the road, she can't go anywhere and she's lonely. Tajiri is thinking about moving back to Japan and becoming a news reporter. We'll keep you posted.

lol @ Tajiri, the news reporter

TerranRich
10-18-2005, 02:29 PM
Tajiri: I hea, with my co-ancha! Funaki!
Funaki: Funaki, numba one, co-ancha!
Tajiri: Hai!
Funaki: Hai!

The Gooch
10-18-2005, 02:34 PM
I'm thinking him spitting green mist on those he interviews would be good for ratings.

St. Jimmy
10-18-2005, 02:44 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TerranRich again.

Sadistic
10-18-2005, 03:02 PM
This better end up in a 2 Disc DVD Set.

Corkscrewed
10-18-2005, 03:12 PM
That's really nice of Tajiri though. Family before business, at least when opportunity arises.

But yeah, I'm gonna want some clips of Tajiri as a news reporter. He'd make a great weatherman.

(in Japanese) "Tomorrow, we will have rain... *green mist* and then the day after, we will have hot heat *red mist* and then a typhoon will blow in, kicking the city's ass *stiff kick to the anchorman's head, knocking him out*

Jaton
10-18-2005, 03:25 PM
Sonofabitch. :(

All of my favorites are leaving..Jericho, Tajiri..argh!

V
10-18-2005, 04:24 PM
pretty sure Jericho will be back

Tajiir is leaving for his wife, great guy for doing so. major respect to him, not that he didn't already have it.

The One
10-18-2005, 04:26 PM
Family before business. Good for him. I am not sure alot of other people were they in the same boat would make the same choice. That or Tajiri has realised his career here in America is all but over anyway and is nothing more then a over jobber at this point.

Kris P Lettus
10-18-2005, 09:36 PM
:wavesad:

He's been one of my favorites for years..

redoneja
10-18-2005, 10:30 PM
Eh, good for him. WWE isnt really using him properly anyway. He's a guy I think would benefit/flourish from TNA's easier schedule. Relocate his family to the Orlando area, and he'll have the best of both worlds. Plus he'd be gold in the X-Division.

Bad Company
10-18-2005, 11:05 PM
Another Severly underused talant is off to greener pastures. I'm sure he'd make some good money wrestling in Japan anyway if his Reporter career doesn't take off.

Pepsi Man
10-18-2005, 11:49 PM
Come on. (and I've seen this too, so it's not you I'm doubting, Greater Power) "I think" and "I would assume" in "official" news?

Plus, that sounds like one of the lamest reasons ever. Hasn't Tajiri's wife ever heard of public transportation?

The Show Off
10-19-2005, 12:12 AM
Eh, good for him. WWE isnt really using him properly anyway. He's a guy I think would benefit/flourish from TNA's easier schedule. Relocate his family to the Orlando area, and he'll have the best of both worlds. Plus he'd be gold in the X-Division.

Almost exactly what I was thinking. However, I think they could push Tajiri as a pretty good Heavyweight cahmpion. He could easily pull off matchs with Sabu, Raven, Jarrett, Rhino, Hardy, ect. Then again everyone would love seeing Tajiri v. Christopher Daniels, AJ Style, Samoa Joe, Chris Sabin, ect.

I also don't think this news report sounds legit. However, I hope Tajair does leave but goes to TNA, because he could be awesome there. Plus I'm sure he's the type of talent they're looking for.

Dave Youell
10-19-2005, 03:07 AM
Tajiri vs Low Ki!

Stiffest
Match
Ever

The Gooch
10-19-2005, 07:53 AM
To me what makes this report sound fake is why would he want to be a news reporter instead of a wrestler in Japan? Given the fact he became a decent wrestling star in the US, shouldn't that lead to him being a pretty big star if he signed with a Japanese wrestling organization? I don't know how well wrestlers are paid in Japan, but I'd assume more than a news reporter.

Pinnacle Charisma
10-19-2005, 08:51 AM
I enjoy Tajiri's in ring work but he isnt being on the show alot so I think it will be best for all parties if he did leave

Pepsi Man
10-19-2005, 09:31 AM
Almost exactly what I was thinking. However, I think they could push Tajiri as a pretty good Heavyweight cahmpion. He could easily pull off matchs with Sabu, Raven, Jarrett, Rhino, Hardy, ect. Then again everyone would love seeing Tajiri v. Christopher Daniels, AJ Style, Samoa Joe, Chris Sabin, ect.

I also don't think this news report sounds legit. However, I hope Tajair does leave but goes to TNA, because he could be awesome there. Plus I'm sure he's the type of talent they're looking for.
I've gotta disagree on Tajiri vs. Jeff Jarrett. For some reason, when I picture that match, it doesn't look too appealing.

Kane Knight
10-19-2005, 11:03 AM
I'm thinking him spitting green mist on those he interviews would be good for ratings.

"Why isa taxa numba so high?"

"Well, I don't have exact figures here, but..."

*Green mist*

Kane Knight
10-19-2005, 11:06 AM
I've gotta disagree on Tajiri vs. Jeff Jarrett. For some reason, when I picture that match, it doesn't look too appealing.

By "some reason," I think you mean " Jeff Jarrett."

:shifty:

I don't think it'd be a good match, but Tajiri could pull it off.

Morrisey
10-19-2005, 11:14 AM
I don't see Tajiri as a World Champion myself...he's too small, probably can't speak English and I read an interview with Rhyno in Powerslam magazine and he said that Tajiri is one of those guys that needs every step of the match planned out and struggles with spontaneity. Maybe it would work, and it would produce some great matches, but let's face it, Tajiri doesnt = ratings.

Corkscrewed
10-20-2005, 01:15 AM
Wow, that's like fucking four stereotypes right there.

TerranRich
10-20-2005, 10:52 AM
I don't see Tajiri as a World Champion myself...he's too small, probably can't speak English and I read an interview with Rhyno in Powerslam magazine and he said that Tajiri is one of those guys that needs every step of the match planned out and struggles with spontaneity. Maybe it would work, and it would produce some great matches, but let's face it, Tajiri doesnt = ratings.
Under your lack-of-spontaneity argument, Macho Man Randy Savage should have never been champion either. He was one of those guys who needed every detail of the match planned out and was very meticulous in the details. :p

owenbrown
10-20-2005, 11:07 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TerranRich again.

^^ Ditto :rofl: :y:

owenbrown
10-20-2005, 11:08 AM

NWA World Champion Tajiri :D

BigDaddyCool
10-20-2005, 12:19 PM
Maybe he could sell Gensu knives...or possible power tools, like buzzsaws?