PDA

View Full Version : TNA to get a prime time slot

Dave Youell
10-19-2005, 05:21 AM
From the Observer site:

Due to Spike TV preempting Impact on 11/5 for the live Ultimate Fighter special, the show had been moved to Thursday, 11/3 several weeks back. At first it was scheduled as a regular episode of Impact.

However, with ratings well above projections on Saturday nights, Spike has given TNA its first prime time special, a two-hour taped show from 9-11 p.m. on 11/3. No details are available but it will be more like a Clash of Champions special than a regular episode of Impact. The show will be taped on either 10/25 or 10/26, more likely the latter.
--------------------------

Fair play, they still continue to amaze me

The Naitch
10-19-2005, 05:25 AM
now if only the show itself can garner interest

Kane Knight
10-19-2005, 08:56 AM
now if only the show itself can garner interest

Now if only they can stop booking like a bargain-basement WCW. Only so often you can hear "Six Sided Ring!" "The X-Division is to the 00's what the Cruiserweights were to the 90's!" and, of course, "Jeff Jarrett." Before you tune out completely.

Impact!
10-19-2005, 09:02 AM
KK :heart: :love:

Anyways, If thats good for em, I just hope we get them over here soon.

Boondock Saint
10-19-2005, 11:27 AM
Fair play

*Johnny

McLegend
10-19-2005, 11:42 AM
Now if only they can stop booking like a bargain-basement WCW. Only so often you can hear "Six Sided Ring!" "The X-Division is to the 00's what the Cruiserweights were to the 90's!" and, of course, "Jeff Jarrett." Before you tune out completely.
So far though in like the last month or 2 TNA has done a pretty good job of booking. You could say putting the belt on Jarret was bad, but still it didn't make Raven look weak.

Even though I enjoy TNA having 1 hour of TV it will be much better with 2.

Kane Knight
10-19-2005, 11:55 AM
I wasn't all that impressed with the booking so far.

The One
10-19-2005, 11:57 AM
Clash of the Champions...some of WCW's best programs. Let's hope TNA brings it up to match those kind fo specials.

TNA has been doing good matches, but they are all so similar. Monty Brown squash, X-Division, random Tag...the end.

Fignuts
10-19-2005, 01:32 PM
I wasn't all that impressed with the booking so far.

Far better than WWE booking as of late.

Fignuts
10-19-2005, 01:40 PM
I don't think the booking has been horrible. They have been having squash matches, but those matches have had a purpose, unlike WWE's squash matches. They were meant to shocase TNA's main talent, or more specificaly, the talent performing at Bound for Glory. It's a pretty good strategy. And the more even match ups have been very entertaining, with the exception of Hardy v.s. Rhyno.

As for the whole Daniels Gauntlet, I didn't see anything wrong with it. Daniel's heel persona is a very arrogant one, who see's himself as better than everyone else. It made perfect sense that he would brag about such a feat.

I think the special has a lot of potential. They should focus more on actual wrestling though, and get as many matches on TV as possible.

Kane Knight
10-19-2005, 02:44 PM
Far better than WWE booking as of late.

And the booking on the WWE was so bad I stopped watching Raw (And will likely do so again, since the 3 hour homecoming had such weak followup). What does that tell you about how good something has to be to be far better than the WWE at this point in time?

The One
10-19-2005, 03:03 PM
UFC > TNA > Paint Drying > WWE

Kane Knight
10-19-2005, 03:14 PM
UFC > TNA > Paint Drying > PGA > WWE

BlackDawn2024
10-19-2005, 03:17 PM
WWE> Paint Drying>TNA>UFC

That's better.

The One
10-19-2005, 03:18 PM
Boy you might be legally retarded.

BlackDawn2024
10-19-2005, 03:18 PM

:yes: Probably.

Kane Knight
10-19-2005, 03:44 PM

Might?

redoneja
10-19-2005, 03:57 PM
UFC shouldnt even be compared to pro-wrestling. UFC is an actual sport, while pro-wrestling is an athletic drama.

PullMyFinger
10-19-2005, 04:14 PM
That's better.
You killed it.

Kane Knight
10-19-2005, 04:40 PM
UFC shouldnt even be compared to pro-wrestling. UFC is an actual sport, while pro-wrestling is an athletic drama.

Let's see...

Both are live.

Both are atheletic-oriented.

Both are televised.

Oh, and...Wait...They're competition. You see, they're running UFC on Spike to compete with Monday Night Raw. Since they're both sports entertainment (Though one is real and the other is not, both are still in a similar vein of entertainment) and being aired in competition, there are major grounds for comparison.

Nark Order
10-19-2005, 04:48 PM

Same demographic.

But I'm sure LC will rant on this as soon as he sees your comment, so I'll leave it alone.

PullMyFinger
10-19-2005, 06:35 PM
Eh, I still think Wrestling and UFC are like apples and oranges.

redoneja
10-19-2005, 07:01 PM
Let's see...

Both are live.

Both are atheletic-oriented.

Both are televised.

Oh, and...Wait...They're competition. You see, they're running UFC on Spike to compete with Monday Night Raw. Since they're both sports entertainment (Though one is real and the other is not, both are still in a similar vein of entertainment) and being aired in competition, there are major grounds for comparison.

Anything show run at the same time as another show is considered competition. But I understand where you are coming from with this one. I obviously understand why Spike TV is running UFC on Monday nights. My comment was taken out of context. I meant that IMO one cannot compare real sport of Mixed-Martial Arts to the simulated action of pro-wrestling. I understand the athleticism involved in both, but its like comparing the NFL to the ESPN show Playmakers.

Kane Knight
10-19-2005, 07:02 PM
Anything show run at the same time as another show is considered competition.

Please. That was exactly what I was saying. They're running head to head, ergo they're competition.

redoneja
10-19-2005, 07:38 PM
Just making sure, since you thought it necessary to point out to me that they are competition.

PullMyFinger
10-19-2005, 07:38 PM
The only legit competition WWE has is Monday Night Football, end of story. In the words of Khosrow Davari "Baas, khalas!"

redoneja
10-19-2005, 07:42 PM
The only legit competition WWE has is Monday Night Football, end of story. In the words of Khosrow Davari "Baas, khalas!"

Why is that? Because of UFC doesnt get high enough ratings? That doesn't mean UFC will never become "legit" competition. Using that logic, Monday Night Nitro should have never became "legit" competition to Raw.

Kane Knight
10-19-2005, 08:33 PM
Just making sure, since you thought it necessary to point out to me that they are competition.

I was pointing it out because you were complaining about the whole UFC > TNA > whatever deal.

People tend to compare competition, moreso when it's in a similar vein. While the two are NOT the same, they share enough qualities to make a comparison fair, and since you felt this was not the case, I pointed out the most OBVIOUS one.

redoneja
10-19-2005, 08:37 PM
I was pointing it out because you were complaining about the whole UFC > TNA > whatever deal.

People tend to compare competition, moreso when it's in a similar vein. While the two are NOT the same, they share enough qualities to make a comparison fair, and since you felt this was not the case, I pointed out the most OBVIOUS one.

:p

Loose Cannon
10-19-2005, 08:59 PM
yea, UFC and WWE are pretty much direct competitors right now.

Anyway, have you guys been watching UFC? I keep thinking they are showing a 3 hour Ultimate Fighter. Like the reality show. But it's like real matches right? I haven't checked it out once yet. What do they actually show?

PullMyFinger
10-19-2005, 09:04 PM
UFC is too boring for me to watch. I mean, sometimes I'll watch those Live Fight Night things, but for the most part, it sucks.

Kane Knight
10-19-2005, 10:37 PM
yea, UFC and WWE are pretty much direct competitors right now.

Anyway, have you guys been watching UFC? I keep thinking they are showing a 3 hour Ultimate Fighter. Like the reality show. But it's like real matches right? I haven't checked it out once yet. What do they actually show?

The stuff before UF2 is a greatest hits sort of deal, but full matches instead of highlights. Real matches.

I must say though, I was more interested in UFC before they switched to a more generic MMA style, where 94% of the people involve use the same 5 moves, but it's still more interesting than the WWE right now.

Loose Cannon
10-19-2005, 10:40 PM
yea, when they had no weight classes is when I loved it.