PDA

View Full Version : Will you buy the Wrestlemania DVD even if it does not have Ventura Commentary?

mrslackalack
10-20-2005, 01:05 PM
Nov 1st is when the huge Wrestlemania Box set comes out. Of course the Attitude logo will be blurred and they will block out the use of some entrance songs and ''WWF'' But the rumor is that Venturas voice will not be included in the set and it will either be just Gorilla or a alternate commentary with Grisham and Coach. This would ruin the first six Wrestlemanias in my opinion. I hope the rumor is not true as I was looking forward to the set.

Nark Order
10-20-2005, 01:06 PM
Ventura's commentary will not keep me from getting this. That would be moronic.

PorkSoda
10-20-2005, 01:09 PM
Why would they not include Ventura?

Shaved Monkey
10-20-2005, 01:09 PM
Nov 1st is when the huge Wrestlemania Box set comes out. Of course the Attitude logo will be blurred and they will block out the use of some entrance songs and ''WWF'' But the rumor is that Venturas voice will not be included in the set and it will either be just Gorilla or a alternate commentary with Grisham and Coach. This would ruin the first six Wrestlemanias in my opinion. I hope the rumor is not true as I was looking forward to the set.

Maybe I missed something, but why would'nt it have the Ventura commentary on it?

Destor
10-20-2005, 01:12 PM
I have them on VHS,so I am not going to purchase them again anyhow, but if I were to buy them Ventura being on there or not truly would not matter to me.

mrslackalack
10-20-2005, 01:13 PM
WWE has to pay Ventura every time they want to use his voice. His voice lately has been left off a lot of matches, like Scorpio/Benoit from Superbrawl 3 JYD/Savage from Wrestling Classic etc. Thats why you never heard his voice on DVD's like the 80's Warrior etc.

Arashi Kage
10-20-2005, 05:55 PM
I can't stand how they need to mute out of "F", whenever someone says "WWF".

For the price you pay, I'd really like to have the original, unedited broadcasts of the Wrestlemanias, complete with all words, entrance themes, non-blurred logos, and all original commentary.

Destor
10-20-2005, 06:21 PM
I fail to understand how they can not use WWF any old broadcast. At the time that they were recorded they were given the privilege to use said initials by the World Wildlife Fund, how can that be taken away from file footage? I understand that they can or else the "E" would say WWF in old footage, but how exactly can the deprive old footage to be aired they way it was recorded?

Xero
10-20-2005, 06:34 PM
Ventura's commentary will not keep me from getting this. That would be moronic.

RP
10-20-2005, 06:39 PM
They probably dont wanna promote World Wildlife Fund. Fuck the bears and shit!

Hired Hitman
10-20-2005, 09:34 PM
Good work WWF, Atleast you guys got more people to sign up and support you now that you sued a wrestling company.. oh wait, no you don't!

mrslackalack
10-20-2005, 09:52 PM
Ventura was with the WWF from 84-90 and WCW from 91-94 so that is a big span of time of wrestling of major shows for them not to use his voice.

I remember in the mid 90's they would do a Gorilla Monsoon with Stan Lane/Lord Al Hayes as voice overs for wrestlemania matches.

Joey Slugs
10-20-2005, 10:10 PM
without the original commentary/music/graphics this boxset is really unwatchable IMO.

so that would a :n: from me.

FourFifty
10-21-2005, 01:04 AM
They probably dont wanna promote World Wildlife Fund. Fuck the bears and shit!
I use 2 ply because it kills the natural habitat for the bears.

Kane Knight
10-21-2005, 01:14 AM
I fail to understand how they can not use WWF any old broadcast. At the time that they were recorded they were given the privilege to use said initials by the World Wildlife Fund, how can that be taken away from file footage? I understand that they can or else the "E" would say WWF in old footage, but how exactly can the deprive old footage to be aired they way it was recorded?

Easily. If you needed an agreement or license to use something the first time, you need it to reprint it. When they lost to the WWF, they lost the rights to use the term and logo. However, as a fan, I REALLY wish the WWE and WWF could work something out, especially for the WM set.

Destor
10-21-2005, 07:53 AM
Easily. If you needed an agreement or license to use something the first time, you need it to reprint it. When they lost to the WWF, they lost the rights to use the term and logo. However, as a fan, I REALLY wish the WWE and WWF could work something out, especially for the WM set.
Thanks brotha. It seems so obvious know. Hindsight is 20/20 I suppose.

Kane Knight
10-21-2005, 11:30 AM
Thanks brotha. It seems so obvious know. Hindsight is 20/20 I suppose.

It's unfortunate that this is so, but the WWE made their bed, and have to lie in it. Sadly, it's like Warrior said: Vince has to learn things the hard way. He trampled a good faith agreement with the WWF, and paid the price. SAdly, there are still thousands of crybabies who are still mad at the fund because they didn't get bullied by the guys who were in breach.

mrslackalack
10-22-2005, 11:12 PM
BREAKING NEWS: I have read on various sites including Amazon that Venturas Commentary WILL be included. So thumbs up to WWE for that.

CSL
10-24-2005, 08:52 AM
<font color=white>Wow, £149.99. That's cheaper than I thought it would be. Is this gonna have the 'Hall Of Fame' disc that came with with WM-21 and all other bonus stuff from previous DVD's etc?</font>

mrslackalack
10-24-2005, 01:11 PM
Is this gonna have the 'Hall Of Fame' disc that came with with WM-21 and all other bonus stuff from previous DVD's etc?</font>[/QUOTE]

I heard no, just the PPV Programs.