PDA

View Full Version : any other dance dance revolution fans here?

sucafrutpi
01-24-2004, 01:52 AM
yeah, so i finally went out and got an xbox and ddr ultramix (i already have konamix, ddr max, and ddr max 2 for ps2) cause i'm obsessed with this game. i was just wondering if anyone else was into this game series.

Apocolyptik1
01-25-2004, 03:20 PM
Hehe, nope. Whenever I play a video game, I prefer it not to become a workout at the same time :). Seriously though, whenever I would walk into an arcade and see this game, there would be like a massive group of Asians (no offense to anyone Asian) surrounding the machine. Guessing from the kinds of music they listen to over in japan (lame FF theme songs like the new FFX-2 one with the chicks singing), that they like these games alot.

Vietnamese Crippler
01-25-2004, 03:25 PM
I can't play DDR for shit :'(

Vega is a fan however ;)

Kane Knight
01-25-2004, 08:15 PM
I played one of these games once.

A friend of mine, in his brilliance, started a 2 player game, so when he figured it out, I jumped on and fooled around.

It's not exactly my normal cup of tea, but I like the idea of games that get kids off their fat asses.

My favorites are the games that track your movement....

Boomer
01-25-2004, 09:04 PM
www.xqsite.com

This is probably the only DDR type thing I could ever do

Penner
01-25-2004, 09:21 PM
i just downloaded it
i might buy a pad

Boomer
01-25-2004, 09:27 PM
i just downloaded it
i might buy a pad

I haven't forced myself to do that for my PS1 yet....but when I get bored enough some say I'm sure I will...

Vega
01-25-2004, 10:29 PM
Huge fan. I post over at ddruk.com

Used to only play keyboard for over a year (can AA max 300 and do decent on the other cata+'s) and just got Ultramix for X-Box. I can get a B on an 8 footer now with feet and play almost every day, pretty damn fun.

IISX also plays but he hasn't re-regesterd here :/

sucafrutpi
01-26-2004, 07:21 PM
i've never played any keyboard versions, but i love the arcade and the console versions even more. my favorite version is the first ddr Max for ps2. it has the overall best and most good tracks. the xbox version is real good too. they could have picked any one of a dozen tracks that would have been better and they could have done a much better job with the step sequence they chose (it seemed awkward to me, but there could be some different combos that i'm just not used to in it).

SukkaChump
01-26-2004, 07:24 PM
no offense to the people who love the DDR, but in my own experiance, like my best friend broke up with her boyfriend because he was like addicted to it, like.. HE broke up with HER for the DDR.. o.o i mean seriously guys, what the ****

sucafrutpi
01-26-2004, 07:38 PM
well, if you couldn't compete with ddr, she obviously was either a bitch or severely unappealling...or he was psychotic. btw, if anyone wants to play it with me via xbox live or ps2 online, i'd be more than willing.

Vega
01-26-2004, 09:42 PM
no offense to the people who love the DDR, but in my own experiance, like my best friend broke up with her boyfriend because he was like addicted to it, like.. HE broke up with HER for the DDR.. o.o i mean seriously guys, what the ****

Well, I guess that means all of us a like that then.

Rile
01-27-2004, 03:11 AM
for all you DDR fans out there. here is a role model to which you must aspire.

DDR (http://www.sublimedirectory.com/stimes/04-22-2002/dance.wmv)

Vega
01-27-2004, 03:26 AM
I'm afraid the guy in this video blows that guy out of the water.

http://students.washington.edu/crackoon/jsb.zip (guy on the left, not right)

sucafrutpi
01-27-2004, 06:25 PM
heh, thanks for the video dl's guys. looks like i have 2 1/2 hours of downloading ahead of me....