PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlers "Career" Moment

Loose Cannon
10-22-2005, 06:45 PM
K, gonna name a few wrestlers and everyone post what you think was the greatest moment of that particular wrestlers career in your opinion. Like that one career moment that will top all the other moments that wrestler had.

Rick Rude
Mr. Perfect
Owen Hart
Arn Anderson
Yokozuna
Sting
British Bulldog
Ted Dibiase
Scott Hall
Raven

----------------------

I'll do more once we get through this list. Just would be interesting to see everyone's opinions.

Nark Order
10-22-2005, 06:59 PM
Rude- Beating Warrior for the IC belt/ Showing up on both shows in one night

hb2k
10-22-2005, 07:22 PM
I don't know....Rude kissing Cheryl Roberts is pretty well known.

Owen - Mania X pinning Bret
Yoko - Pinning Hogan
Bulldog - Summerslam 92 in Wembley Stadium
Scott Hall - Being in the same ring as Shawn Michaels and a ladder at Mania 10/showing up on Nitro - "You want a war?"
Sting - Pinning Ric Flair at GAB 90

Loose Cannon
10-22-2005, 07:30 PM
Rick Rude

Little tough here. Gonna say his Fall Brawl Title win over Flair in '93. Really made him a huge player and he was the focal point of a lot of WCW stuff at the time. His WM 5 win over Warrior gets some recognition

Mr. Perfect

When he sent Flair packing for WCW after pinning him in a "career match" on Raw. Perfect was pretty over here as a face and looked like a major player, rather then a upper mid-carder he had been through most of his career.

Owen Hart

Definately Mania X. That win made him. Great match, Great story and a win that shocked a lot of people

Arn Anderson

His win over Flair in 95 at Fall Brawl really stands out. That was a major victory for Arn over the supossed "leader" of the Horsemen for many years.

Yokozuna

Pinning Hogan at KOTR 93 for the Title. Huge win for the big guy, which got much needed heat back from his loss to Hogan at Mania 9.

Sting

Another tough one. Starcade 97 was so gay that I can't put it here. So I'm going to say his 1988 match with Flair on the clash that was a 45 min draw. Pretty much made Sting and cemented him as a main eventer

British Bulldog

Summerslam 92 win over Bret without thinking twice. Bulldog was a glorified hero that night.

Ted Dibiase

Main Eventing WM 4 with Savage for the Title. Even though he lost, (and was suppossed to win) Dibiase deserved the spot and put on a great wrestling match that night in the main event, which were rarely seen in the WWE in those days.

Scott Hall

Lots of good ones here. Gonna say when he randomly showed up on Nitro to start the invasion. That moment gets talked about a lot and it was definately a historical moment

Raven

I guess his first ECW Title win against the Sandman in '96. Really cool feud going on between them

hb2k
10-22-2005, 08:45 PM
I totally disagree on the Rude one - that match was not only dull, but few people remember it as being much of anything. Career moments will have different interpretations, but far more will remember Mania V and the Cheryl/Jake/Rude Angle than that match.

Loose Cannon
10-22-2005, 08:48 PM
did you do a study or something testing whether more people remembered his World Title win or his kissing Jake's wife?

Destor
10-22-2005, 08:50 PM
Isn't this about personal opinions? If so I don't see how any of this is debatable.

Vastardikai
10-23-2005, 02:27 AM
All these are for me personally

Rick Rude: Two Monday Night shows, same night: One shaven, one unshaven.

Mr. Perfect: Summerslam '91.

Owen Hart: WM X

Arn Anderson: "My Spot" promo or the many times he brutalized people in the back.

Yokozuna
Sting: 45 min. Draw at the first Clash (was it the first?). That made Sting a believable Main Eventer.

British Bulldog: Summerslam '92.

Ted Dibiase: WM IV

Scott Hall: Ladder Matches

Raven: Raven-Sandman feud, f/ Lorie and Tyler. "Daddy, You're a Drunk! I'm with Raven now!"

Destor
10-23-2005, 03:10 AM
I'm gonna sound like a parrot for the most part:

Rick Rude- Those tights he wore with the IC title painted on them. :lol: Seriously though for me its when Rude proved you can be in two places at one time by being on RAW and Nitro on the same night.

Mr. Perfect- I like to think of his AWA world title win, but since no one remembers the AWA I would have to say his undefeated streak in the WWF. He was unarguably perfect for quite some time.

Owen Hart- Wrestle Mania 10. Outstanding match with the upset victory. Or the SummerSlam '94(?) main event against Bret Hart. (cage match)

Arn Anderson- This is nearly impossible for me. Every time he did the spine buster. (It's all anyone seems to remember. Jk of course) 3 words, Minnesota Wrecking Crew. Pick a moment, they were all gold.

Yokozuna- Getting the "W" over Hogan at KotR '93

Sting- This ones a toughfy. I gotta go with his first world title win. World title = credibility.

British Bulldog= SummerSlam '92.

Ted Dibiase= Wrestle Mania IV main event. (It's the main event of Wrestle Mania, how is there competition?)

Scott Hall- Wrestle Mania 10 or SummerSlam '94. Either way he was carried by HBK.

Raven- I want to go with some ECW here but I don't think people are going to remember ECW 15 years down the road (the AWA of the modern era.) So I will have to go with the NWA title victory due to the titles lineage and all the greats that held it before him irregardless of the company he won it for.

hb2k
10-23-2005, 08:48 AM
did you do a study or something testing whether more people remembered his World Title win or his kissing Jake's wife?

No, and I didn't say you were wrong, but that I disagreed with this...

Gonna say his Fall Brawl Title win over Flair in '93. Really made him a huge player

Rude was already a big name because of the big angles he'd done in WWF, and was the hottest heel in WCW in 92 - That title win meant little by comparison to the other angles, because Vader was the top guy in 93, WCW business was at it's worst in that year, and that match itself wasn't anything special. Just one man's opinion - sorry if it came off any different.

The MAC
10-23-2005, 11:53 AM
what is so important about rude being shaven on nitro?

Tornado
10-23-2005, 12:29 PM
what is so important about rude being shaven on nitro?

I assume it's because it proves that RAW was taped, not live back in those days.

The MAC
10-23-2005, 03:34 PM
i also thought that- but wouldnt the fact that he was on both shows at the same time prove the same fact?

Optimus Bone 69
10-23-2005, 09:46 PM
i really would have liked to see Rude, Owen and Dibiase as world champions in the wwf dont know about perfect but he was good

Aussie Skier
10-24-2005, 08:09 PM
I can't answer alll these guys, neh, can't really answer many of them to be honest, but I'll try.

Owen Hart - turning on bret hart at Royal rumble '93 (I think)
Yokozuna - winning the rumble (stupid macho man!)
British Bulldog - IC Title win over Bret Hart at Summerslam (What a match!!!)
Scott Hall - WMX against HBK...i think that was WMX

KingofOldSchool
10-24-2005, 08:19 PM
Rick Rude - Winning the IC Title from The Warrior at Wrestlemania V.

Mr. Perfect - Probably the loser leaves town match versus Flair.

Owen Hart - Wrestlemania X, duh.

Arn Anderson - I'd have to say his Nitro retirement speech, it was so highly emotional that I think it made his career as strange as it sounds.

Yokozuna - KOTR 93 vs. Hogan

Sting - Clash of the Champions I

British Bulldog - Summerslam 92

Ted Dibiase - When he bought the WWF Title from Andre The Giant, that made is career moreso than Wrestlemania IV

Scott Hall - Wrestlemania X

Raven - The first 2 years in ECW

Vastardikai
10-25-2005, 10:09 AM
Arn Anderson- This is nearly impossible for me. Every time he did the spine buster. (It's all anyone seems to remember. Jk of course) 3 words, Minnesota Wrecking Crew. Pick a moment, they were all gold.

Some of the best spinebusters were counters, like when someone would jump off the top at him and he'd counter with the spinebuster. Came from nowhere, and looked nice. Also, he had a very underrated DDT. It was equally as sudden.