PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Kevin Nash Out Of TNA PPV Tonight?

Watson
10-23-2005, 02:34 AM
From Wrestlezone.com:

Source: WrestlingObserver.com

-- Dave Meltzer is reporting that Kevin Nash, who is scheduled to be facing Jeff Jarrett tonight at TNA's ?Bound For Glory' pay per view, was yesterday rushed to hospital.

-- Not much is known at the moment, other than he was feeling bad after the fan festival, and proceeded to call 911. He was then rushed to hospital, and it is likely he won't be able to make his scheduled appearance at the pay per view.

-- TNA are now working on a substitute main event, with plans very much up in the air. The match, scheduled to have MMA star Tito Ortiz as the special enforcer, had been pushed heavily on Spike TV's iMPACT over the past few weeks.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Why am I not surprised?

What Would Kevin Do?
10-23-2005, 02:35 AM
I hope he's okay. I'd make a torn quad joke, but if he ends up dying, I'd feel like shit, so yeah.

Now where is Raven when you need him?

PullMyFinger
10-23-2005, 02:37 AM
Oh shit. TNA is fucked.

DaveWadding
10-23-2005, 02:37 AM
...another torn quad, eh?

Destor
10-23-2005, 02:42 AM
I hope they put Raven in the main event. Oh yeah, *generic best wishes reply*

What Would Kevin Do?
10-23-2005, 02:45 AM
I hope they put Raven in the main event. Oh yeah, *generic best wishes reply*

Raven, or the winner of the Aj Styles Vs Christopher Daniels match would work... Or Samoa Joe.... I think any of them would work and be believable.

What Would Kevin Do?
10-23-2005, 02:45 AM
errr, Samoa Joe assuming he wins ;)

Mr. Nerfect
10-23-2005, 02:48 AM
If this is true, I hope Kevin Nash gets well soon.

I think this COULD be a work, though. Raven could substitute, but I'd rather see Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels, AJ Styles or the winner of the Ultimate-X Match (it could lead to an NWA/X-Title unification) getting the title shot.

...Or Monty Brown.

Joey Slugs
10-23-2005, 03:33 AM
being serious, i hope he is okay.

Skippord
10-23-2005, 03:45 AM
Winner of Monsters Ball?

Mr. Nerfect
10-23-2005, 04:39 AM
Winner of Monsters Ball?

That could happen, but it would be hard to pull off, because I would assume the Monster's Ball will be pretty violent, and the guys will want to be stitched up and stuff.

Although, I can see it being a HUGE boost for a guy like Abyss to go out their for a second time that night, give his body to the fans for a second time, and actually win the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. Hell, if Abyss went out there and squashed Jarrett, it could be the crowning moment of TNA. Abyss vs. Monty Brown? I think that could be money for TNA.

Dave Youell
10-23-2005, 05:19 AM
I think this COULD be a work

Skippord
10-23-2005, 05:24 AM
I would both mark and spaz out if Abyss won the match

PureHatred
10-23-2005, 12:44 PM
Meh....I don't think it much matters who's in the main event tonight. JJ is going to retain.

It actually seems like the TNA is re-doing some of their past (more effective?) storylines for the benefit of their new viewers. So I have a feeling we're going to see Raven/Jarrett II over the next few months, with Raven going through hell for his chance at the NWA belt, and hopefully this time NWA gets it right and puts Raven over in the end.

Evil Vito
10-23-2005, 12:58 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I hope Nash is alright.

I'd love to see Abyss in the main event, but he won't win</font>

RP
10-23-2005, 01:02 PM
This show just got 10x better.

Nark Order
10-23-2005, 01:08 PM
They're going to use somebody that casual wrestling fans know. Raven is in.

Kane Knight
10-23-2005, 01:15 PM
Torn a Quad? Fuck that, the bastard tore his intestines!

McLegend
10-23-2005, 01:24 PM
Who will they have replace Nash now. If they go with Raven kinda fucks up the Angle.

Splaya
10-23-2005, 01:26 PM
Here's the thing, This could be a work. Because WWE and TNA have been exchanging shots at one another for the past few weeks. I looked it up at TNA's website and they even have it up there. Why put it on your main page unless to stop the rumors other sites might be providing. I see either this was their plan all along and Zybysko has no choice but to put Raven or Styles in it, or Nash is there and wrestles

McLegend
10-23-2005, 01:32 PM
Pretty sure this isn't a work.

Loose Cannon
10-23-2005, 01:38 PM
Not a work. As an up and coming Professional Wrestling company on National TV, they would be dumb fucks to advertise Kevin Nash and Jarret for the World Title and then not have Nash in the match. That's how you lose fans in the quickets way possible.

Nash is hurt, so they have an excuse. And putting it on thier website is smart so at least some people would know why he won't be there tonight if he's not.

Kane Knight
10-23-2005, 01:44 PM
They are dumb fucks. There, that solved that problem.

Disturbed316
10-23-2005, 01:51 PM
lol what's with all the Abyss love? The guy sucks.

YOUR Hero
10-23-2005, 01:53 PM
Breaking news. I don't care.

Mr. JL
10-23-2005, 03:31 PM
If they have no other major professional wrestling name lined up for a replacement, then Raven is the next best choice.

1. He has national exposure and name value.
2. He does not have a match for tonight.
3. Jarrett-Raven was a pretty good match the first time around.

KayfabeMan
10-23-2005, 04:47 PM
Replace him with DDP.

KayfabeMan
10-23-2005, 04:48 PM
Save the Raven angle for later.

Boondock Saint
10-23-2005, 04:53 PM
WHo is ordering this, BTW? I thought about it but now I have school shit to do.

loopydate
10-23-2005, 04:53 PM
I really hope they don't do something like have Cassidy Riley come out as Raven's representative, then get squashed, only for Raven to come out and exact revenge, only to get taken out by AMW, which draws out Team 3D ("THEY'RE NOT DEAD, MIKE!"), which leads to Team Canada coming out, then the 3 Live Kru, then... You get the idea.

Available Talent Not Already Booked For A Match (in order of likelihood, not including Knockouts/managers)
1) Raven
2) Sean Waltman
3) Team 3D Member
4) Kip James
5) Jerry Lynn
6) Cassidy Riley
7) Shocker
8) Jerrelle Clark
9) Mikey Batts

loopydate
10-23-2005, 04:54 PM
Replace him with DDP. Save the Raven angle for later.

I absolutely agree. Does DDP still have a working agreement with TNA? They don't list him on their website. 'Course, they didn't have Savage on there when he came out at Victory Road, so...

Savio
10-23-2005, 04:59 PM
Kanes not working tonight have him dress like nash

Or Have an angle where Raven assualted nash and he had to be taken away.

McLegend
10-23-2005, 05:02 PM
DDP would be pretty cool, but I think he is done with TNA.

Could be wrong though

DaveWadding
10-23-2005, 05:10 PM
I bet you Hogan will debut...:shifty:

Dave Youell
10-23-2005, 05:14 PM
Sting?

That would be good

Mr. Nerfect
10-23-2005, 05:15 PM
Not a work. As an up and coming Professional Wrestling company on National TV, they would be dumb fucks to advertise Kevin Nash and Jarret for the World Title and then not have Nash in the match. That's how you lose fans in the quickets way possible.

Nash is hurt, so they have an excuse. And putting it on thier website is smart so at least some people would know why he won't be there tonight if he's not.

On a recent TNA poll, they asked which match at Bound For Glory you most want to see. JJ vs. Nash wasn't doing too well. If they want to seperate themselves from the WWE, they need to do it by being unpredictable, and by delivering surprise matches. I don't think anyone bought the show for Jarrett vs. Nash, and if they did, they've backed it up completely by explaining he is hurt, and they can save themselves by having a more over and more reliable member of the company go out and win the title (I really think this is going to be a face victory now).

If it is a work, Kevin Nash will probably cost JJ the title, just as a "Hey, I wouldn't have done it on my own, but I've made sure he isn't the Champion" victory. This could lead to a solid feud between the two away from the NWA World Heavyweight Championship.

I can see what you're saying about the advertising, but I don't think anyone will feel completely cheated if Nash doesn't wrestle. TNA have created intrigue around their main event (whether this is deliberate or not is still undetermined), moreso than they had going for it before, and I think that's what TNA needs to do to seperate itself from the WWE. The E can't exactly switch Kurt Angle in their main event match at Taboo Tuesday without it being called bullshit, so immediately it is something TNA should do (if they haven't already) just to try it out and see how it works out.

Mr. Nerfect
10-23-2005, 05:19 PM
They're going to use somebody that casual wrestling fans know. Raven is in.

I don't know. Someone who steals the show during the PPV could potentially get the nod. I mean the same people who watch Samoa Joe vs. Jushin Liger are going to be watching the NWA World Heavyweight Title Match, so he will be pretty hot in peoples' minds. If Abyss dominates the Monster's Ball, he will be able to come out to a standing ovation with the drama of already being in a brutal match working with him.

This is TNA's chance to create a brand new star, I hope they do it.

Just another random note, can you imagine if TNA used this to light a fire under the guys? Can you imagine Dixie Carter telling everyone that the best performer of the night will likely be given the title shot later that night. You could enhance some of the performances greatly (if they aren't already at their peak).

Shadow
10-23-2005, 05:33 PM
Judging by the list of people, Raven is the only one I think who could replace Nash. Seriouslly. It makes logical sense that Raven is the only person to sub for Nash simply because of his actions the past month.

Dave Youell
10-23-2005, 05:36 PM
U know if this is a work it's brilliant, it's generated alot more interest in the company though the net fans who want to see it and the non net fans wont know about it cos they have already ordered the dam thing anyway

RemyRed
10-23-2005, 05:39 PM
The lengths that Jarrett will go to to avoid the job...:nono:.

On a serious note I hope Kevin Nash is doin' all right.

Loose Cannon
10-23-2005, 05:45 PM
On a recent TNA poll, they asked which match at Bound For Glory you most want to see. JJ vs. Nash wasn't doing too well. If they want to seperate themselves from the WWE, they need to do it by being unpredictable, and by delivering surprise matches. I don't think anyone bought the show for Jarrett vs. Nash, and if they did, they've backed it up completely by explaining he is hurt, and they can save themselves by having a more over and more reliable member of the company go out and win the title (I really think this is going to be a face victory now).

If it is a work, Kevin Nash will probably cost JJ the title, just as a "Hey, I wouldn't have done it on my own, but I've made sure he isn't the Champion" victory. This could lead to a solid feud between the two away from the NWA World Heavyweight Championship.

I can see what you're saying about the advertising, but I don't think anyone will feel completely cheated if Nash doesn't wrestle. TNA have created intrigue around their main event (whether this is deliberate or not is still undetermined), moreso than they had going for it before, and I think that's what TNA needs to do to seperate itself from the WWE. The E can't exactly switch Kurt Angle in their main event match at Taboo Tuesday without it being called bullshit, so immediately it is something TNA should do (if they haven't already) just to try it out and see how it works out.

WHAT? First of all, Nash is Legit hurt. He won't be wrestling tonight. Not a work. And I don't think TNA is that stupid to throw away money by building Nash/Jaret only not to air the match if it was a work.

Second of all, do you really place a lot of faith in those polls on what the fans want to see. I mean, what if the same fan voted 45 times? What is there the same fans who are chanting every single wrestlers name on Impact every week? Doubt those fans represent your "average" wrestling fans. I would think those would visit the TNA website casually are the hardcore TNA fanbase.

Third of all, delievering surprise matches are nice and all if you don't do them AFTER ADVERTISING A MATCH FOR THE PAST MONTH. How stupid would that be? Any booker will tell you that's the biggest no no that a booker could do in the business. What if there were 400 people that ordered to see Nash. And assuming Nash wasn't hurt and they made the story up, they replaced Nash with Billy Gunn. Do you think those fans are going to trust TNA to put in the guys they have advertised the next time? You NEVER want to lose any fans, even if its just one. And False Advertising will lose fans.

Yea, TNA needs to seperate itslef from WWE, but not nuy making moronic booking decisions and faking people out. Ask WCW

Sting Fan
10-23-2005, 05:57 PM
I would like to see the loser of the Iron man Match go in for the shot, if not the loser of that then Abyss and Raven as a third option. I want Ravens run to the title to be memorable not just some crappy out of the blue win.

I could see AJ doing the job to Daniels tonight and then coming out for the World Title match, he is the new face of TNA isnt he? Either that or run the Iron man match as the main event, that way you could have AJ win the World title and have people screaming unification before he drops the X Title to Daniels in the Main Event with some overtime putting Daniels over huge.

AJ would need to be a bloody machine but if he is really there future I think it could work. He was the first guy out to fight Nash and hall when they sided with Jarrett and if they are smart they will lead the way with him now.

Loose Cannon
10-23-2005, 05:59 PM
Meltzer is saying The Iron Man might be the ME now.

Dave Youell
10-23-2005, 06:02 PM
WHAT? First of all, Nash is Legit hurt. He won't be wrestling tonight. Not a work. And I don't think TNA is that stupid to throw away money by building Nash/Jaret only not to air the match if it was a work.

Second of all, do you really place a lot of faith in those polls on what the fans want to see. I mean, what if the same fan voted 45 times? What is there the same fans who are chanting every single wrestlers name on Impact every week? Doubt those fans represent your "average" wrestling fans. I would think those would visit the TNA website casually are the hardcore TNA fanbase.

Third of all, delievering surprise matches are nice and all if you don't do them AFTER ADVERTISING A MATCH FOR THE PAST MONTH. How stupid would that be? Any booker will tell you that's the biggest no no that a booker could do in the business. What if there were 400 people that ordered to see Nash. And assuming Nash wasn't hurt and they made the story up, they replaced Nash with Billy Gunn. Do you think those fans are going to trust TNA to put in the guys they have advertised the next time? You NEVER want to lose any fans, even if its just one. And False Advertising will lose fans.

Yea, TNA needs to seperate itslef from WWE, but not nuy making moronic booking decisions and faking people out. Ask WCW

What are you talking about? Remember back at Survivor Series when Austin got run over and Big Show was the replacement and won the ti.................

*gets coat*

loopydate
10-23-2005, 06:04 PM
Meltzer is saying The Iron Man might be the ME now.

That's one thing I like about TNA. The World Title isn't always the focus of the show. Reminds me of ECW in that way.

I bought the "Epic Set" DVD last week, and two out of the three PPVs didn't have the Champion in the main event (Turning Point ended with AMW/XXX and Lockdown ended with AJ/Abyss).

Styles/Daniels should be the best match of the night, so I say make it the main event. Send the fans home happy, rather than with another Jarrett screwjob win.

Loose Cannon
10-23-2005, 06:07 PM
yea, but that was like a Triple Threat that already had HHH and Rock

Austin was legit hurt anyway

And the WWE was pissing gold coins back and they had everyone hooked no matter what. TNA is nowhere near that level yet

Dave Youell
10-23-2005, 06:10 PM
yea, but that was like a Triple Threat that already had HHH and Rock

Austin was legit hurt anyway

And the WWE was pissing gold coins back and they had everyone hooked no matter what. TNA is nowhere near that level yet
I was taking the piss mate!

Regardless of weather it's a work or not Nash isn't going to be facing Jarrett, either way it's a blessing cos no one wanted to see that match anyway

KayfabeMan
10-23-2005, 06:12 PM
I did.

KayfabeMan
10-23-2005, 06:13 PM
Though now I feel less bad about not being able to go there.

Gonna stay in with a friend and order it.

Will sleep through of most of the matches though :(

Loose Cannon
10-23-2005, 06:14 PM
I kind of did too.

And I'm willing to bet most casual fans just getting into TNA wanted to see it too.

Dave Youell
10-23-2005, 06:15 PM
Seriously? You wanted to see JJ/Nash? I thought their last match were crap!

6to1
10-23-2005, 06:25 PM
well they were pushing the duddlys amw fued more anyway, now it would be cool if someone comes out of the blue like ddp and raven gets shut out that helps his story angle.

Loose Cannon
10-23-2005, 06:28 PM
Seriously? You wanted to see JJ/Nash? I thought their last match were crap!

well, for every person that loves chocolate, there's someone who loves vanilla instead.

Dave Youell
10-23-2005, 06:30 PM
well, for every person that loves chocolate, there's someone who loves vanilla instead.
Yeah true, i dunno, not a huge wcw fan overall and a match like this just reminds me of the final years of it

McLegend
10-23-2005, 06:31 PM
Though now I feel less bad about not being able to go there.

Gonna stay in with a friend and order it.

Will sleep through of most of the matches though :(
I highly doubt that you will sleep through most of the matches.

All the matches on the card look pretty hot.

Boondock Saint
10-23-2005, 06:48 PM
That's one thing I like about TNA. The World Title isn't always the focus of the show. Reminds me of ECW in that way.

The title(s) weren't the focus of Summerslam this year either. They gave the ME to two upcoming stars who put on a 5 star match. :shifty:

Innovator
10-23-2005, 06:51 PM
Cmon Aries getting the title shot

1st man to hold the ROH and NWA World Titles

Kane Knight
10-23-2005, 07:16 PM
Something worth pointing out (If someone's already said this, sorry):

To credit this as brilliant mareting would be to ignore the fans turned away by the notion of a Nash vs Jarrett PPV. This is bad business no matter hwo the "work" went. This isn't bullshit, or it's FUCKING STUPID. Either way.

PureHatred
10-23-2005, 07:55 PM
I keep thinking that TNA might be aiming for the formula WCW used when it was at its best/most successful: Big Name Main Events that drew viewers (even if they were shit) and undercards with tons of work rate.

If Nash had "performed" that's exactly what this would of felt like.

For all the reasons mentioned, there's no way this is a work. I think it's actually fitting that on TNA's BIG PPV, Jarrett as the champion won't even be in the main event.

He's spent 90% of the time the company has existed forcing himself down the throats of the viewers, and he's still the last over worker in the main event scene. He doesn't really get booed by the casual fans and the smarks just give him 'courtesy heat.' He basically had to build a company so he could continue his carrer, and he just can't manage to capture the attention of the fans.

Pathetic. :nono:

RemyRed
10-23-2005, 08:36 PM

Definately gotta agree. The fans in the impact zone for the most part annoy the shit out of me. I can't even sit through an AByss match anymore because of those annoying ass "Whooooooa Whoa Abyss!" chants.

Kane Knight
10-24-2005, 12:07 AM
I keep thinking that TNA might be aiming for the formula WCW used when it was at its best/most successful: Big Name Main Events that drew viewers (even if they were shit) and undercards with tons of work rate.

If Nash had "performed" that's exactly what this would of felt like.

For all the reasons mentioned, there's no way this is a work. I think it's actually fitting that on TNA's BIG PPV, Jarrett as the champion won't even be in the main event.

He's spent 90% of the time the company has existed forcing himself down the throats of the viewers, and he's still the last over worker in the main event scene. He doesn't really get booed by the casual fans and the smarks just give him 'courtesy heat.' He basically had to build a company so he could continue his carrer, and he just can't manage to capture the attention of the fans.

Pathetic. :nono:

WCW tried that for a long time, both before and after their peak. Just to point that out, especially since I've been calling TNA "WCW Lite."
Meanwhile, since the main event usually involves booking around someone + JJ, their star power is immediately halved. I mean, say what you will about Hogan, but his name means something. But JJ? He's an also-ran. He got punked by a chick in his final WWE match. It's like booking a concert for the "Other guy form WAM!"

KayfabeMan
10-24-2005, 02:10 AM
I highly doubt that you will sleep through most of the matches.

Well, you were right.

I talked through most of them while looking through old photo albums. It gave me a good chance to organize them during the crapfest that was that PPV. I am SO glad that I did not have the chance to go up for that.

Brown vs. Hoyt. Horrible.

DITR vs. Siaki / Apolo / Sharkie. Horrible.

AMW vs. The Naturals. Horrible.

Nearly everything else. Horrible.

Dave Youell
10-24-2005, 03:37 AM
WCW tried that for a long time, both before and after their peak. Just to point that out, especially since I've been calling TNA "WCW Lite."
Meanwhile, since the main event usually involves booking around someone + JJ, their star power is immediately halved. I mean, say what you will about Hogan, but his name means something. But JJ? He's an also-ran. He got punked by a chick in his final WWE match. It's like booking a concert for the "Other guy form WAM!"
It's WHAM! You dick! and his name is Andrew Ridgeley :foc:

*hugs Wham's greatest hits LP*