PDA

View Full Version : So has the WWE actually turned to self parody?

Kane Knight
10-23-2005, 12:52 PM
I'm looking at the Boogeyman, and wondering if they could have come up with any shittier a performer. I mean, the guy's only redeeming quality seems to be he's so shitty, it's actually a little funny (Kinda like Uma Thurman, but without a decent body).

Now, Flair's been over the top even more than usual, and Michaels has been acting a little...Crazy (Like when he's giving camera instructions, or when he TOTALLY oversells the shock of someone coming out). The "Network" angle which introduced the Boogeyman also seems like self parody, even though it was introduced to take shots at UPN.

dalegendkilla
10-23-2005, 02:24 PM
Shawn Michaels over the topness has made him one of my favourite wrestlers. Some of his over the top highlights:

1. His Hulk Hogan Parody. That was the best thing I've ever seen since whatching Raw.

2. Overselling Hogan's Big Boot. When he got kicked, got up then flew backwards, I loved it.

3. His reaction to Master's calling him old. He just started laughing and dancing around the ring.

Michaels rocks.

Xero
10-23-2005, 02:54 PM
Has anyone noticed how non-Austin Stone Cold has been of late? When Austin was in the promo with Stephanie, he hopped around the ring with buck teeth. That's something he would have never done six years ago. :nono:

Innovator
10-23-2005, 03:03 PM
"Steve I have a proposition for you?"

"I only have 20 bucks on me"

Favre4Ever
10-23-2005, 03:13 PM
Eugene.

Think about it.

RP
10-23-2005, 03:15 PM

:rofl:

Kane Knight
10-23-2005, 03:19 PM
Has anyone noticed how non-Austin Stone Cold has been of late? When Austin was in the promo with Stephanie, he hopped around the ring with buck teeth. That's something he would have never done six years ago. :nono:

I thought it was more him acting out because the WWE were trying to strongarm him. :D

Xero
10-23-2005, 03:42 PM
I thought it was more him acting out because the WWE were trying to strongarm him. :D
Back in 98, he would have crippled Vince and shoved something up his ass. :shifty:

V
10-23-2005, 03:48 PM
lol 8 posts in with a topic mainly about the boogeyman and nobody has even mentioned his name since the first post

I don't get what they're doing with him. Like is he gonna be an idiot who can actually win matches? Or is he just gonna win a few and then become a jobber

V
10-23-2005, 03:48 PM
it's dale gender killa!!!!!

Kane Knight
10-23-2005, 04:03 PM
lol 8 posts in with a topic mainly about the boogeyman and nobody has even mentioned his name since the first post

I don't get what they're doing with him. Like is he gonna be an idiot who can actually win matches? Or is he just gonna win a few and then become a jobber

Well, it was inspired by the Bookerman...

...It was thinking about the Boogeyman debut segment that I really started to wonder if this was a total pisstake on their own product. Other examples started to spring to mind (Including Michaels, who'd been amusing me for weeks), and I started to wonder if this was more than just some retarded segment.

Intentional or no, they've gone from campy to self-parody.

Nark Order
10-23-2005, 04:18 PM
How about on RAW Top 10? Mick took alot of shots at Vince and how goofy he is sometimes.

owenbrown
10-24-2005, 10:26 AM

:rofl: :rofl:

Kane Knight
10-24-2005, 12:29 PM
How about on RAW Top 10? Mick took alot of shots at Vince and how goofy he is sometimes.

Didn't see it.

UmbrellaCorporation
10-24-2005, 02:09 PM
I want it to be known that I adore the Boogeyman.

I don't know how good he is in the ring, but at this point, I couldn't care. I got a kick out of him when I first saw him on Smackdown, and last week as well.

Kane Knight
10-24-2005, 03:48 PM
One...Two...Pay my dues...

...Three...Four...Get Pushed Some More...

...Five...Six...Make rassling fans sick...

Seven...Eight...Thank You Satan...

Nine...Ten...Main Event...

Anyone else think he'd be scarier if they took off the face paint and had him hang around white neighborhoods after dark? What white viewer wouldn't think themselves at the thought of a nigger in a gated community?

Xero
10-24-2005, 04:11 PM
One...Two...Pay my dues...

...Three...Four...Get Pushed Some More...

...Five...Six...Make rassling fans sick...

Seven...Eight...Thank You Satan...

Nine...Ten...Main Event...

Anyone else think he'd be scarier if they took off the face paint and had him hang around white neighborhoods after dark? What white viewer wouldn't think themselves at the thought of a nigger in a gated community?
With no teeth, no less.

Nervous Ferret
10-24-2005, 04:17 PM
it's dale gender killa!!!!!*marks the FUCK out* :cool:

Kane Knight
10-24-2005, 05:49 PM
With no teeth, no less.

1...2...Gin and Juice...

I'm the niggaman! *laughs*

Killjoy3:16
10-24-2005, 07:38 PM
I actually thought this last Austin promo was the first promo we've seen in a while of Austin being the old Austin.

Dave Youell
10-24-2005, 07:43 PM
I actually thought this last Austin promo was the first promo we've seen in a while of Austin being the old Austin.
Was some pretty funny stuff, the line about Steph's balls falling out was great

BOO-Yah! Stunner!