PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft/Free Agency Rumors

Boomer
01-24-2004, 05:16 PM
So like 90 days 17 hours until the NFL draft (from where I live) and I'm looking forward to see how it turns out. All the mock drafts I have seen have been very different, and being an Atlanta Falcons fan, I seriously think this will be a good offseason.

Plus I just read an article on ESPN how TO isn't planning on staying with the 49ers, and is contemplating joining the Falcons or Ravens

Micheal Vick + TO = ratings

So who do you think will benefit the most this offseason?

Or who won't benefit at all?

VonErich Lives
01-24-2004, 05:27 PM
Supposed to be the deepest draft in decades.

Pats have 2 1st rounders, late picks but in a deep draft that's fine, especially with their ability to draft.

I haven't seen a mock draft yet.

1st round, I'd expect the first pick to go CB if they don't keep Ty Law.
If they do, I could see LB or OL (if they don't keep Woody).
2nd pick if theres a good RB or WR, otherwise probably a DE.
Also a chance of a TE if they don't think Graham will learn to catch.

MoRcHeEbA
01-24-2004, 06:47 PM
I heard TO might end up in philly since the eagles are losing Staley, and there two starting corners

#1-norm-fan
01-24-2004, 06:52 PM
I was just about to post what Cheeba said. I'd be willing to bet he ends up in Philly. They are HURTING at the WR position. It's pathetic.

I'm still wondering where Eli Manning will go though. Oakland just doesn't seem to make sense and I doubt San Diego will be going for a QB.

The Icon of Elisim
01-24-2004, 07:46 PM
I would doubt that both of those teams would pass him up. But if they do I'd bet on him going to the Steelers

VonErich Lives
01-24-2004, 07:47 PM
I think SD takes Manning #1...

They're giving up on Brees, and Manning looks like he could be better then his brother, can't let that go by.

TO has said he wants to play for Atl (friends w/ Vick), Baltimore and Philly.

I'm not sure who will take him, someone will... but they way he's running his mouth.

said something like "I'll resign with the 49ers if they get a QB as good as me, I can only be a good as my QB"

Think andy ried would take that?

BCWWF
01-24-2004, 08:27 PM
Yeah, elaborating on what VEL said, he did say that he isn't ruling out resigning with San Francisco...Unless they keep Jeff Garcia.

MoRcHeEbA
01-24-2004, 08:57 PM
I thought San Fran doesn't even really have the cap room to keep TO with the money he wants.

The Miz
01-24-2004, 09:12 PM
if the niners were smart they'd keep the best reciever in the league and get rid of the most over-rated quarterback in the league.

#1-norm-fan
01-24-2004, 09:43 PM
lol. Owens is not the best reciever in the league and there are more overrated QBs in the league (Marc Bulger comes to mind).

But I was just thinking about Dallas' first round pick. I REALLY hope Greg Jones from FSU is still around come their time to pick.

Supreme Olajuwon
01-24-2004, 09:46 PM
Big Ben > Eli

VonErich Lives
01-24-2004, 10:38 PM
Theres now talk of TO in Dallas, after the "job" parcells did with "I did d-i-d-i-did" Terry Glenn.

The Outlaw
01-24-2004, 10:44 PM
LOL TO best receiver in the league?

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-24-2004, 10:52 PM
Chargers could pick Fitzgerald #1 if they don't want to give up on Brees yet.

Fitzgerald/Boston for Brees to throw it.....already got a solid running attack with a shitty OLine.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-24-2004, 10:56 PM
I wouldnt be surprised to see the Patriots draft a guy like DT Tim Anderson from Ohio State in one of the later rounds, he seems like a "Patriots guy"

But in the earlier rounds I think they will pick up a Linebacker, they have a few other guys playing at the LB spots, give the rookie a few years to develop then he can beast with Colvin down the road. Maybe draft somebody who is a rushend/situtional linebacker like Lee Suggs was last season.

BCWWF
01-24-2004, 11:02 PM
I don't know why it is laughable when people say TO is the best wide reciever in the league. I think Owens, Harrison, Moss, and Holt stand in a league by themselves. Also I don't think Bulger is overrated in the way that Garcia is. I don't think anyone thinks Bulger is really a "great" quarterback, but maybe people do and its just me who doesn't.

MoRcHeEbA
01-24-2004, 11:10 PM
I don't really think Garcia is that overrated I mean the last two seasons. Minus this one Garcia wassn't a bad QB but I think if you have a bad season it automatically makes you over-rated. I'm in agreement though that Owens,Harrison,Moss,Holt are easily the best recievers in the game. Chad Johnson will be in that next year I would bet.

MoRcHeEbA
01-24-2004, 11:11 PM
TO has the ego the size of jupiter though. Harrison and Holt are down to earth guys it seems. Moss used to have an Ego but he's settled down it seems.

BCWWF
01-24-2004, 11:24 PM
If the 49ers think they can put together a good team again and make a run in the playoffs, then I say try to keep TO. But if it doesn't look to be a lot better than last year they should trade him and work from young guys.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-24-2004, 11:32 PM
I kinda like T.O. actaully, he does have a huge ego but whatever hes a good player and entertaining. He started the whole end craze, and taunted on the star in midfield in Dallas. He does do shit head things but he gets people talking about him. Hes a nasty player though..he just needs to find the right team and the right fit.

I don't think Garcia is really overrated, but I don't think most people consider him anymore then an average QB.

#1-norm-fan
01-25-2004, 02:14 AM
TO is a disease. He doesn't make his team play better. If anything, his ego makes everyone around him play worse. He doesn't handle the "leader" role well and he needs to go somewhere where the coach won't take any sh</>it and can maybe keep him grounded.

He won't be going to Dallas though. The last thing they should worry about is the WR position.

And back on the topic of San Diego... how horrible is their luck at drafting star QBs. If I were Manning, I would be worried if San Diego drafted me. I swear the QB position there is cursed.

The Outlaw
01-25-2004, 03:12 AM
It's laughable because he is not the best receiver in the league.

Yeah, he's good, but he thinks he's a lot better than he is.

VonErich Lives
01-25-2004, 03:20 AM
It's laughable because he is not the best receiver in the league.

Yeah, he's good, but he thinks he's a lot better than he is.

Gotta put him top 5...

I'd even go top 3.

Yeah, he has an ego and runs his mouth... but he's a great WR.

T.O., Moss, Holt, Harrison.. thats my top 4.

T.O has the speed of Holt, hands of harrison and size of moss... he is a complete WR, just needs to shut his mouth and play.

BCWWF
01-25-2004, 05:14 AM
Well if you think before this year, when the 49ers were good, TO was really good. This year they weren't good so he wasn't either, but I think past experiences can tell you that he is indeed very good.

Boomer
01-25-2004, 08:19 AM
I think any team would take TO for his talent, but definitely not for his attitude.

Although I could certainly see a team needing some type of attitude like his

MoRcHeEbA
01-25-2004, 09:04 AM
I heard he wants to go to Baltimore or Atlanta for a strong arm QB.. is Boller really that strong of a QB though?

Sensei Of Mattitude
01-25-2004, 09:59 AM
Terrell Owens to Philadelphia
Duce Staley STAYS in Philadelphia
Either Troy Vincent or Bobby Taylor STAY in Philadelphia

Correll Buckhalter LEAVES Philadelphia

Boomer
01-25-2004, 10:47 AM
Terrell Owens to Philadelphia
Duce Staley STAYS in Philadelphia
Either Troy Vincent or Bobby Taylor STAY in Philadelphia

Correll Buckhalter LEAVES Philadelphia

I think you're dreaming...if all of that comes true I'd be very surprised. I don't expect TO to go there. I don't think McNabb and TO would make a great combination. I could see TO pissing him off or something.

I could see Staley coming back...considering he is a fan favorite. But the holdout didn't help that much

And its very hard to see where Vincent or Taylor are going. But I guess that's what this thread is for.....getting ideas on where people might be going

Boomer
01-25-2004, 10:48 AM
Speaking of where people are going.....where do all of you expect Warren Sapp to go? As much as I hate him (considering I'm a Falcons fan), I think Atlanta could truly use him. Plus the new Atlanta coach is a defensive guy.

What do you think Sapp will do?

VonErich Lives
01-25-2004, 11:16 AM
Speaking of where people are going.....where do all of you expect Warren Sapp to go? As much as I hate him (considering I'm a Falcons fan), I think Atlanta could truly use him. Plus the new Atlanta coach is a defensive guy.

What do you think Sapp will do?

Hopefully just go away...

Sapp has been the most overated player in the league the last 3-5 years.

He runs his mouth, does his stupid acts... trying to get attention.

He wants a TV job when he retires.. or is forced when no one wants him.

Anyway, where ever he goes, it's for a HUGE paycut.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-25-2004, 11:35 AM
Yea T.O. is def one of the top WRs in the league

Name a few guys who are better then him?

Crimson
01-25-2004, 01:28 PM
I think Baltimore will land either T.O or Keyshawn, they got the cap space.

I dont know who Dallas can get in the 1st round now, I think probably a DE/DT . Or depends if they go after a RB in free agency. They need help at corner too maybe they can snatch one of Philly's free agents, even though they are getting older .

The Outlaw
01-25-2004, 04:18 PM
I heard he wants to go to Baltimore or Atlanta for a strong arm QB.. is Boller really that strong of a QB though?

lol I could easily see him in Baltimore.

The Outlaw
01-25-2004, 05:33 PM
Oh he is definately a top talent. He's a Bama boy too. He used to be my favorite player, because back before his Im the shit days he was a good guy, down to earth and all that shit. His H.S. coach was ours for a year or two, and he came to our school and talked and was really chill. But, like I said, he has exploded with a massive ego lately.

Ill name some guys I'd rather have though:

Randy Moss
Marvin Harrison
Chad Johnson
Torry Holt

Hell I might even take Boldin or Ward before TO.

All said ones are younger than TO minus Harrison, have better attitudes, and in my head, are up to his level or better than him.

You hear him talking about he has to have a QB as good as him to have a productive year or whatever, if I remember correctly that was him that said it right?

Look at Boldin. :)

Heyman
01-25-2004, 06:12 PM
If TO got rid of his ego and attitude, I'd love to see him go to the Falcons.

Provided Michael Vick is healthy next season, the Falcons would be my new favorite team (with the exception of the Sea Hawks :heart: )

The Icon of Elisim
01-25-2004, 06:33 PM
You hear him talking about he has to have a QB as good as him to have a productive year or whatever, if I remember correctly that was him that said it right?

Look at Boldin. :)

I think comment was made more towards the fact that Garcia isn't very good at throwing the ball deep.

I could see TO staying in San Fransico. I'm sure that the ownership would rather have Ratay or Dorsey start over Garcia anyways.

Then again the 49ers did look pretty good without Owens, and they could probably use the money more wisely.

BCWWF
01-25-2004, 06:55 PM
ESPN.com had the teams he would go to other than SF as Altlanta and Baltimore. It didn't say anything about Phily or Dallas, so I think that is mainly just wishful thinking.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-25-2004, 08:30 PM
I dunno, talking shit really doesn't bother me. T.O. might talk shit but he isn't afraid of running across the middle, and he has crazy talent. He has made Garica look great after making 10 yard pass plays and turning them into huge gains. He seemed like a cool guy on cribs to me.

A lot of pro athletes think they are the shit honestly, they just don't show it to the media. T.O. just decides to let everyone know haha

Supreme Olajuwon
01-25-2004, 09:28 PM
Johnson, Moss, and Holt all talk as much shit as TO

TO is a beast and besides Harrison he's prolly the best in the NFL

As a Niners fan Id rather have Owens than Garcia because I dont trust the other WRs besides TO to make plays

As for the QB situation I have two words for you: KEN DORSEY

Supreme Olajuwon
01-25-2004, 09:31 PM
i'm kidding Dorsey is awful but Rattay isnt bad

The Icon of Elisim
01-25-2004, 10:00 PM
Is Dorsey bad? Because I've read that the management is looking to make him the number 1 QB somewhere down the road.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-25-2004, 10:13 PM
after seeing him play at Miami U I figured Dorsey would suck in the NFL

I am probably going to be right, too

VonErich Lives
01-25-2004, 10:57 PM
Johnson, Moss, and Holt all talk as much shit as TO

TO is a beast and besides Harrison he's prolly the best in the NFL

As a Niners fan Id rather have Owens than Garcia because I dont trust the other WRs besides TO to make plays

As for the QB situation I have two words for you: KEN DORSEY

Problem w/ TO is he doesn't have a 2nd WR to take double teams away.

Don't get me wrong, TO's a great WR, but he talks was more trash and is much more obnoxious then Moss or Holt, (I'm talking the Moss of today, not his first 2 years). Keyshon is an ass... so I wouldn't be proud to say "I'm not as bad as him"

Again, TO is a great WR, just needs to shut his mouth and play.

The Outlaw
01-25-2004, 11:30 PM
Yeah talking shit is alright. Everyone is cocky to some degree, but when you go to the midfield logo and ****ing dance on it, that's taking it a little too far.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
01-25-2004, 11:54 PM
Moss has admitted to not trying and stuff....I think that is worse then do funny taunts

Supreme Olajuwon
01-25-2004, 11:56 PM
Problem w/ TO is he doesn't have a 2nd WR to take double teams away.

Don't get me wrong, TO's a great WR, but he talks was more trash and is much more obnoxious then Moss or Holt, (I'm talking the Moss of today, not his first 2 years). Keyshon is an ass... so I wouldn't be proud to say "I'm not as bad as him"

Again, TO is a great WR, just needs to shut his mouth and play.

I meant Chad

Keyshawn's career is done

Supreme Olajuwon
01-25-2004, 11:59 PM
the biggest thing TO has going for him is his mix of size and speed

He's blazing quick and he's the 5th biggest receiver in the NFL I think behind Boston, Jurevicius, Plaxico and Andre Johnson.

He's too good of a talent to not have on your team even if he is a clown

VonErich Lives
01-26-2004, 06:53 AM
Moss has admitted to not trying and stuff....I think that is worse then do funny taunts

Agreed, but Moss has changed in the last 2 years.

VonErich Lives
01-26-2004, 06:54 AM
the biggest thing TO has going for him is his mix of size and speed

He's blazing quick and he's the 5th biggest receiver in the NFL I think behind Boston, Jurevicius, Plaxico and Andre Johnson.

He's too good of a talent to not have on your team even if he is a clown

But, how long until he turns into another Keyshon... Till he gets 1/2 way into a season and says "The QB isn't getting me the ball, trade him or I'm not playing"

MoRcHeEbA
01-26-2004, 07:20 AM
word going around is that San Diego is gonna cut Flutie loose this year, then he's gonna come back and play in canada. :love: But he's gonna go to Toronto :(