PDA

View Full Version : I had my first two matches last night.

PorkSoda
10-27-2005, 04:22 PM
Yeah, at wrestling last night there were 6 people there, so at the end we were going to do 3 tag team matches. I was paired up with this guy and we took on the other two teams. First match I watched, just looking at the guy getting beat up and taking notes in my head about it cause I knew I was going to get beat up the whole time since I'm new, 3 months. Then it started, and it actually wasn't that bad.

Alright, they were tag teams so that was good, it wasn't focused on me the whole time. If I remember correctly, the first match, I started it off with a guy named Shifty, we locked up, chained around for a couple minutes, then I got beat up. They just whipped me into the buckles, which I need to do better, choked me on the ropes, bodyslam, and stuff like that. I managed to get in a couple offensive manouvers like two punches and a two shoulderblocks into the turnbuckles, but they went back on offense. After we have matches, we talk about it with this guy named Pants, he basically talks about what we do right and wrong, and he can rip a good match into shreds just by looking at it, hes very good. He didn't criticize me too much, just said I need work cause I'm still new, but thats understandable.

Second match was not bad. It started off with me getting beat down of course, and there was this one spot where the guy, Max, gave me a hard buckle and then I positioned myself to take a splash. He did splash me, but he seemed like he hurt himself and immediatly tagged out. They told me after the match that I had my knee slightly bent and he ran right into it balls first. I didn't even know that I did that, and during the match I was selling and a little confused on why he was selling. I heard his partner, who was in my ear go "The fuck?" cause he was confused as well. After that, I basically just listened as the guys told me what to do. It wasn't that bad overall. I did apologize to the guy for kneeing him in the balls, he forgave it. One thing I do need to work on is that when I take a shot, they say I sell it but act dead. Like I'll stay in one spot. I'll work on that overtime. :)

Crimson
10-27-2005, 04:48 PM
Jus tell them you can't sell any moves cuz you have Hoganitis.

Gertner
10-27-2005, 09:24 PM
tell them if you sell that you'll never break through the HHH glass ceiling

The Naitch
10-27-2005, 09:38 PM
good stuff. Keep us posted. And don't mess with anyone's balls. Please

Aussie Skier
10-27-2005, 10:20 PM
HAHAHA, knee in the balls!

i remember when Angle did that to hardcore holly...LOL

Sounds good mate

Corkscrewed
10-28-2005, 12:41 AM
^ :lol:

We got a finisher right there.

Come to think of it, why the **** dont' more people counter a Stiner Splash with a knee to the balls? :rofl:

JH
10-28-2005, 10:48 AM
imagine jr and king commentating raw and shelton goes for the splash

JR: Shelton with the stinger splash bah gawd
King: JR kerwin just got his knee up and
JR: Sheltons balls aint made of chocolate bah gawd

redoneja
10-28-2005, 12:02 PM
Going through a school/dojo has been a dream of mine for a while. Its too bad its not gonna happen.

The Naitch
10-28-2005, 12:11 PM
follow your dream

Loose Cannon
10-28-2005, 12:14 PM
Good stuff. Try watching/studying old matches with good psychology to learn the art of selling and playing the crowd and stuff like that. When you become a fan like me, you pick up on things that certain wrestlers do that add so much to the match then you would of thought before. Like staying down in the corner when you get knocked with a good one. You are telling the crowd that it was a good shot and it has hurt you more then the other ones. Body language is so important.

I'll give you some matches that I know has good psychology if you want.

JH
10-28-2005, 12:24 PM
i would have been in wrestling school a few years ago but i've got a very fucked up neck

The Naitch
10-28-2005, 12:29 PM
which school?

redoneja
10-28-2005, 12:57 PM
follow your dream

Its easy to say, but I have to look at everything realistically. Im close to Philly so I could try out at the RoH school but I think it would be wiser to go through school first, before I make a decsion about wrestling.

The Naitch
10-28-2005, 01:01 PM
good luck with that