PDA

View Full Version : Future of the WWE

Aussie Skier
10-29-2005, 01:37 AM
Ok, who do you ppl see as being the future of the WWE. And I mean not just in terms of wrestling ability, but also who is over with the fans and most importantly, is friends with the McMahons

Gouda
10-29-2005, 01:40 AM
Robotic HHH.

Ken Kennedy could be big.

..... Kennedy.... Space Centre.

Jaton
10-29-2005, 01:47 AM
....kennedy

Kane Knight
10-29-2005, 02:05 AM
Kerwin White.

Kane Knight
10-29-2005, 02:06 AM
Also, why is Hassan on there?

Aussie Skier
10-29-2005, 02:42 AM
Also, why is Hassan on there?

same reason charlie Haas and Brock lesner are on there...they may come back...

RP
10-29-2005, 03:03 AM
Kevin Nash's quad.

The Naitch
10-29-2005, 03:06 AM
John Cena

RP
10-29-2005, 03:09 AM
Boogeymans make-up artist should be a choice.imo

Corkscrewed
10-29-2005, 04:13 AM
Just based on current stuff, it's gotta be Cena, simply because he is so amazingly over. Kennedy's a good candidate too.

Chavo Classic
10-29-2005, 05:45 AM
No Burchill, what the fuck?

blake639raw
10-29-2005, 09:48 AM
Randy Orton.

Maybe he won't be the most over guy, but the WWE seems deadset on pushing him to the moon. He'll be at the top of the cards for a while I believe.

To round out the top 5, I would say John Cena, Ken Kennedy, Bobbi Lashley, and Carlito.

Lots of other guys could be big, but we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Pinnacle Charisma
10-29-2005, 10:06 AM
The only person I can see being carrying the wwe for a long period of time is Orton out of that list . The man has it all mic skills, wrestling ability and can also always get a response.

Over the last few months Cena’s pops have been dying down. I honestly think that the crowd will eventually turn on him.

Fubar28
10-29-2005, 10:13 AM
I said Orton love him or hate him. He's not going away unless he gets injured. He simple has too much backstage pull due to his dad. Also look at how many legends/people have put over him over all ready.

I would have said Cena but he's about to die off (I don't mean literally.)

Pinnacle Charisma
10-29-2005, 11:06 AM
I would have said Cena but he's about to die off (I don't mean literally.)

I wish you did mean literally

Kane Knight
10-29-2005, 12:27 PM
same reason charlie Haas and Brock lesner are on there...they may come back...

I see Lesnar as a far more likely choice to return than Hassan.

Someone1001
10-29-2005, 12:30 PM
The future...hmm...this is a tough one. But...I pick the Ultimate Warior.

James Steele
10-29-2005, 12:43 PM
The future of the WWE will lay in the hands of somebody we haven't seen debut yet.

Kane Knight
10-29-2005, 12:55 PM
I doubt that.

loopydate
10-29-2005, 01:07 PM
I was torn between Orton and Cena. If WWE hadn't blown their wad on his face turn last year (and Orton had been able to control his BMs arround the divas), Orton would be the one on top of SmackDown right now instead of Batista.

He's young, he's good-looking, he can work the mic, he's above-average in the ring, the McMahons seem to like him, and wrestling is "in his blood."

The immediate future of WWE is Cena, simply because he's the most over guy in the company and has the most mainstream appeal. But by the end of this decade, it will be Orton as the "face of WWE."

Kane Knight
10-29-2005, 01:11 PM
Cena can keep it going for a couple more years though, if they let him pull off some freestyles again (I saw him do it once of late...).

Karlsberg
10-29-2005, 02:13 PM
I think it will be orton with cena not far behind. I would like to see shelton given some mic time to try and improve his all round package as I think he could be huge but I doubt it will happen.

hb2k
10-29-2005, 02:19 PM
Brock Lesnar, upon his return.

BTW - I can't believe more people have votes for Boogeyman at this stage than Shelton Benjamin.

Fubar28
10-29-2005, 02:27 PM
Brock Lesnar, upon his return.

BTW - I can't believe more people have votes for Boogeyman at this stage than Shelton Benjamin.

As somebody I know said shelton = black lance storm

Favre4Ever
10-29-2005, 04:15 PM
Its funny that Eugene was an option.

Eugene the retarded wrestler.........the face of wrestling.

Cool King
10-29-2005, 04:25 PM

No Regal too.

Innovator
10-29-2005, 04:54 PM
Punk

LK
10-29-2005, 07:43 PM
Obviously the answer is either Cena or Orton but Kennedy could have a big role as well so I voted for him.

Destor
10-29-2005, 09:05 PM
<----------
:shifty:
Seriously though, down the road, he's going places.

FearTheSpear
10-29-2005, 10:32 PM
...Edge? But I wasn't thinking him, only because of his injury, and lack of being on the list. So, I voted Orton. Just because I've been addicted to playing as him in SvR lately, and seeing how nifty I can make it look when I use his RKO on a stack of tables.

Mr. Nerfect
10-29-2005, 11:32 PM
Randy Orton
Eventually he will find his niche as a heel. He will eventually RKO his father, get mega-heat for it, and he will main event several WrestleManias. This guy is going to be around for ages, and rightfully so. He's talented in the ring, and he's talented on the mic.

For him to really take off, I think they should give him the Evolution music back. Triple H & Ric Flair aren't using it, and Roddy Piper made a mention of "evolution" in his promo this week. I think it would be a good move to give this guy a "NTI"-stable, too.

John Cena
...But not as a face. I really think this guy will be the top heel of the WWE in a few years. Stop him acting like a retarded gorilla and have him walk out to the ring on his own time, let him cut his own promos and wrestle his own matches. John Cena screams "management's bitch" at the moment, so it is easy to boo him. If he cuts loose and embodies what he originally embodied, he could be HUGE.

Shelton Benjamin
He needs something fresh. He needs to wrestle and he needs to look like a machine doing it. I'd have him replace Edge at Taboo Tuesday and wrestle the SmackDown! guys.

If this guy got one feud with Triple H or Kurt Angle, or Hell, even Edge, I guarantee he will be a top babyface. It's funny, too, because I think he could make an even better heel.

Ken Kennedy, Nick Dinsmore, Rob Conway, Doug Basham, Danny Basham, Carlito, Bobby Lashley & Paul London as well. I'm just too tired to type it all out.

Batsu
10-29-2005, 11:50 PM
Speaking of Shelton...ever since losing to Carlito, he's been buried. What did he do? Get caught grooming Stephanie's nethers?

Pinnacle Charisma
10-30-2005, 12:19 AM
^^ I agree the de-push of Shelton has been extremely disappointing. The wwe in 2004-early 2005 was pushing him as a dominant wrestler and many thought that he would be the first wwe champion in wwe history around 2006-2007. Now it looks like he will be in mid-card hell for the rest of his career

Gouda
10-30-2005, 01:48 AM
I don't get why people are so high on Bobby Lashley. He isn't very... good.

Destor
10-30-2005, 03:19 AM
^^^ He is going to be good. The guy is still young.

Destor
10-30-2005, 03:21 AM
^^ I agree the de-push of Shelton has been extremely disappointing. The wwe in 2004-early 2005 was pushing him as a dominant wrestler and many thought that he would be the first wwe champion in wwe history around 2006-2007. Now it looks like he will be in mid-card hell for the rest of his career
:wtf: There have been a few WWE champions threw out the years. I'm sure you meant first black WWE champion.

Anyhow yeah he's not getting pushed now, but to say he is going to be in mid card forever is retarded. He is very young and he's not going to retire tomorrow, there is plenty of time to push him in years to come.

I think you are getting used to people getting pushed to soon (Orton, Batista, even Cena to an extent) Shelton isn't ready for the main event just yet and a couple of years of maturing will do him some good. Just because you want to see it doesn't mean it's a good idea.

But I do wish they would put him on TV. Give him something to do. Kepping him off TV isn't helping anybody.

Chavo Classic
10-30-2005, 08:38 AM
I'll reiterate...

Eunos
10-30-2005, 09:13 AM
Randy Orton is a likely Candidate

I have a feeling that Cena a few years from now will be like the Rock right now.. Supposidly still about but away persuing other Interests and stuff..

I see Chris Masters as a future main eventer.. He needs to improve though,

Rob Conway if given the chance could also be a future potential

The same with Rene Dupree.

mrslackalack
10-30-2005, 09:53 PM
Cena and Benjamin as faces, Carlito and Orton as Heels.

Pinnacle Charisma
11-01-2005, 08:28 AM

I see Chris Masters as a future main eventer.. He needs to improve though,

Ughhh

If that ever happenes I will never watch WWE again

PYRO-MANIAC
11-01-2005, 02:13 PM
Masters is improving, i was very critical of him at the start of his career in WWE because his matches went no more than 5 minutes. However now that he's had a few longer matches he seems or appears to know what he's doing.

His move list is a little bit awkward but i think in time he could be huge. He's got charisma but not the mic skills to go with it, i think thats just a confidence thing though.

Carlito will be huge in time, if he turns at the right time with the right storylines and he has a bigger vocabulary he'll go places.

Cena is improving in the ring but he needs more varied moves, as for his charisma and mic skills they are amazing. I just wish he had more freedom like he does on 5 questions with the champ on wwe.com because he looks a natural on there.

Ken Kennedy and Burchill have all the tools and all they need is time.

Those are all great and even the likes of Kane and Benoit could be the short term future of the WWE if used right.

However the biggest possible star who could carry WWE for years to come is Oleg Prudius. Why? Well he has the look and body of a superstar, plus he has a sort of Brock Lesnar bad ass look about him. If he has similar skills to Lesnar this guy will be massive.

From what ive heard he is excellent in most martial arts and amateur wrestling moves so if he can adapt he could be the next Kurt Angle if you will. ;)

The One
11-01-2005, 02:21 PM
Randy Orton is the money maker for WWE in the future. Be it with ticjet sales, PPV buys, or merch. Actually you can scratch the merch part. I don't know how muhc Orton can shovel shirts down someone's throat. But in a few years, or actually any time in the near future with him on SmackDown and away from HHH's shadow, he could become very similar to how Hunter was back in the late 90s and early 00. Hunter was the best. You couldn't have it any other way. He was a legit main event heel who I think out sold Rocky as far as seats go. People loved The Rock, but I think more then paying to see The Rock, they loved him as he was the most likely candiate to take Hunter down. In the ring Orton has a long way to go before he is up to his mentor's status, but I think very soon we could see Randy Orton become THE guy to carry the ball. The danger of course being that he gets show swapped to RAW and jobs out to Trips, but in the mean time...assuming the swap doesn't happen, I think without question Randy Orton is the man of the future.

KillerWolf
11-02-2005, 08:49 AM
who do I see as the future?

Hulk Hogan. The Undertaker. Triple H, Steve Austin, HBK..........

:shifty: