PDA

View Full Version : Low Ki

redoneja
10-29-2005, 08:06 PM
So I was reading somewhere that Ki hasn't jobbed cleanly to anyone but Jay Briscoe in America in 3 years, and that he will only job cleanly to wrestlers in Japan. I was wondering the truth to this statement. B/c is it is true then this guy has some ego on him, and he's not even that good!!

thecc
10-30-2005, 12:34 AM
He jobbed to Jay Lethal recently.

Innovator
10-30-2005, 01:45 AM
He lost to Jay Lethal at the 10-2 show if I remember. It's supposed to be a huge deal when Low Ki loses, thats why he never jobs clean a lot...if ever...

Besides, how can you lose when you double stomp everyone to death?

Gouda
10-30-2005, 01:58 AM
I'm sure I've seen him lose in TNA.

Sickboy
10-30-2005, 05:45 AM
Yeah, he has lost to AJ Styles and Jerry Lynn at least.

thecc
10-30-2005, 08:50 AM
Besides he's in Japan for most of the year.

and the match where he lost to lethal was the 9/17 glory by honor show. I know this cuz i was supposed to go but didn't have a ride. :(

Innovator
10-30-2005, 05:49 PM
Besides he's in Japan for most of the year.

and the match where he lost to lethal was the 9/17 glory by honor show. I know this cuz i was supposed to go but didn't have a ride. :(
If it makes you feel any better:

thecc
10-30-2005, 07:05 PM
Oh poor Jimmy Bower.

Innovator
10-30-2005, 08:18 PM
yeah, sucks to be a demoted announcer

redoneja
10-30-2005, 09:04 PM
He lost to Jay Lethal at the 10-2 show if I remember. It's supposed to be a huge deal when Low Ki loses, thats why he never jobs clean a lot...if ever...

Besides, how can you lose when you double stomp everyone to death?

:lol: I like him and all, but RoH pushes him like he's Andre the Giant.

thecc
10-30-2005, 09:39 PM
:lol: I like him and all, but RoH pushes him like he's Andre the Giant.Thats the thing though. If someone in roh scores a clean victory over roh it really shows the company has faith in them.

mrslackalack
10-30-2005, 10:22 PM
Yeah he always lost by cheating in TNA as face or heel.

Dave Youell
11-01-2005, 10:30 AM
Low Ki is fairly decent, I don't understand all the hype about him though, everyone is always like 'OMG, he's soo fucking stiff! He's awesome!'

And? I could have a match and kick the crap out of someone and you know what would happen? I'd hurt the other guy, the guy is just too fucking stiff to the point where he's just made that his gimmick which is stupid IMO, wrestling is meant to be a work, your meant to work the moves, not legit injure guys!

Fignuts
11-01-2005, 11:31 AM
I've seen him do some pretty amazing things. The thing I really like about Lo-ki, is that he is so versitle. He is well versed in submissions, he has a great mat game, he can take to the air, and his strikes are phenomenal. His strike are great not just because they are stiff, but because he always finds new innovative ways to use them. He also very accurate from what I have seen. Not a lot off sloppy RVD kicks in there.

Also it's good to have a guy on the independant scene who doesn't lose. When he does lose it pushes the victor to the moon. Lo-ki just has the look, the attitude, and the style, that fits such a wrestler.

KayfabeMan
11-02-2005, 11:52 AM
He's nothing special.

Everyone hypes him to the moon, and he's just an average [if that] wrestler who has a gimmick different than that of other wrestlers. I work stiff too, but I don't get to the point where I believe my gimmick in my head [ala Low-Ki, Goldberg, etc.]. That's when you deserve to get your face punched in.

Fignuts
11-02-2005, 04:13 PM
He's nothing special.

Everyone hypes him to the moon, and he's just an average [if that] wrestler who has a gimmick different than that of other wrestlers. I work stiff too, but I don't get to the point where I believe my gimmick in my head [ala Low-Ki, Goldberg, etc.]. That's when you deserve to get your face punched in.

From what I've heard from both fans and wrestlers, is that Ki is a really nice guy.

Innovator
11-02-2005, 06:35 PM
Story from the Punk/Joe straight shooting dvd

The first night Punk hung out with Ki was at a bar with a dance floor. Back then the hot song was "Raise Up" by Petey Pablo, North Carolina cmon and raise up take your shirt off etc etc etc. Ki spent the entire song trying to get his shirt off, and didn't realize Punk was holding it in the back.