PDA

View Full Version : Samoa Joe Answers Batista

The Greater Power
10-30-2005, 11:39 AM
World Heavyweight Champion Batista made some comments a few weeks ago in an interview with "The Sun" where he criticized A.J. Styles and the TNA style of wrestling. Here is what he directly said about it.

Do you ever watch any NWA:TNA? Do you think competition would be good for the WWE? Are there any TNA wrestlers that have impressed you?
Vikram Sangar

I've actually not ever watched any of their shows. I saw a press conference that they did, which I wasn't very impressed with.

I've also seen clips of their car wreck matches with AJ Styles doing his stunts. That's not wrestling. Wrestling is storytelling.

But at the same time, I have friends in TNA and I wish them the best. Those type of matches definitely have their place, it's just not my thing.

Samoa Joe has a Live Journal which you can see by CLICKING HERE (http://www.livejournal.com/users/xsweatpeax/). In his latest journal entry, Samoa Joe posts this in regards to Batista.

Dave Batista... Ehh its not even worth it, I hope your opinion of others made you feel better about yourself.

The Naitch
10-30-2005, 12:24 PM
bad mistake

Savio
10-30-2005, 12:25 PM
Batista got Slim'd

The Naitch
10-30-2005, 12:34 PM
Samoa Joe might as well have said that he put Batista on ignore

Ol Dirty Dastard
10-30-2005, 01:27 PM
I'm sure Dave's feelings are hurt.

ThruTheWire
10-30-2005, 02:32 PM
"Samoa Joe has a Live Journal"

lol.

Kane Knight
10-30-2005, 04:16 PM
I bet Edge is gonna have fun with this. And he might doubt his normal fan reaction of 20-30 people.

Of course, this Batista comment sounds mostly like the canned "ECW sucks!" Stuff from before the PPV. I don't know if he's toeing the party line, or what, but his "car wreck" comments sound like a failure to distinguish between garbage wrestling and "stunts." He's essentially belittled cruiserweights in general, since Cruiserweights and AJ's X-Division compatriots are not very dissimilar. not that I'm sure he cares, or that anyone cares, just seems a little stupid. Potshots at TNA's "car wreck" matches from a mediocre wrestler probably don't mean that much to most people anyway, except the "OMG BATISTA IS CHAMP HES THE BEST" Folk, in which case I can't say I'm bothered.

Innovator
10-30-2005, 05:50 PM
All of those guys have livejournal. Punk, Rave, Corino, Joe, ..... Delirious

Sadistic
10-30-2005, 06:08 PM
Joe > Batista x 100

JH
10-30-2005, 10:41 PM
i think it's funny that joe stepped up and said something and i am glad he did

Kane Knight
10-30-2005, 10:43 PM
What he said was probably more harm than good.

BlackDawn2024
10-30-2005, 10:46 PM
You know, I'm sure that Dave is just in agony over being talked about on the internet by a guy who works for TNA. :roll:

HeartBreakMan2k
10-30-2005, 10:46 PM
Burning bridges before you ever make it to a company... amazing.

KingofOldSchool
10-30-2005, 10:51 PM
Psssh it's okay, because you know TNA is paying him soooo much more money than he would be getting in the WWE.

thecc
10-30-2005, 10:55 PM
Psssh it's okay, because you know TNA is paying him soooo much more money than he would be getting in the WWE.Plus all the indy dates he does plus Japan. It eventually adds up.

Kane Knight
10-30-2005, 10:57 PM
Burning bridges before you ever make it to a company... amazing.

Like he ever would.

HeartBreakMan2k
10-30-2005, 11:04 PM
Plus all the indy dates he does plus Japan. It eventually adds up.

It doesn't add up until you're a name everywhere. Joe isn't there yet. A lot of former WWE guys aren't even there. In TNA AJ, MAYBE Daniels, and the Dudleys are probably the only guys with the name value to pull more money from indies. And that's if WWE doesn't give a shit about placing you up the card.

The Naitch
10-30-2005, 11:08 PM
Samoa Joe screwed Samoa Joe

What Would Kevin Do?
10-30-2005, 11:14 PM
WHA?? Maybe Daniels? Daniels is doing much better than AJ. Come on now. Daniels is pretty big in Indys over here, plus he's big in Japan. AJ isn't as big as Daniels is in Japan.

HeartBreakMan2k
10-31-2005, 03:51 PM
WHA?? Maybe Daniels? Daniels is doing much better than AJ. Come on now. Daniels is pretty big in Indys over here, plus he's big in Japan. AJ isn't as big as Daniels is in Japan.

Yeah, I guess my thinking was AJ was bigger here, Daniels is bigger in Japan. But you are right, I should have inversed the maybe. Japan tends to pay out better than american indies.

thecc
10-31-2005, 04:02 PM
It doesn't add up until you're a name everywhere. Joe isn't there yet. A lot of former WWE guys aren't even there. In TNA AJ, MAYBE Daniels, and the Dudleys are probably the only guys with the name value to pull more money from indies. And that's if WWE doesn't give a shit about placing you up the card.Well Joe even said with what the wwe offered him was much less then what he was getting working tna and the indys and joe is extremely established on the indy circuit.

Fignuts
10-31-2005, 06:03 PM
I think Batista's comments were pretty stupid to begin with. He's basing his entire opinion of a company and it's workers, based on some video clips? He said himself he is not familiar with the product, and that he has never even watched one match. And yet he can critisize them? I'm not really blaming Batista, as I'm sure the words were put in his mouth, but it's still a bullshit comment.

Kane Knight
10-31-2005, 09:47 PM
"Now last week, you took a cheap shot on the interweb. You took a CHEAP SHOT, George!"

Batista, on WWE.com.

Shadow
10-31-2005, 11:20 PM
I think Batista's comments were pretty stupid to begin with. He's basing his entire opinion of a company and it's workers, based on some video clips? He said himself he is not familiar with the product, and that he has never even watched one match. And yet he can critisize them? I'm not really blaming Batista, as I'm sure the words were put in his mouth, but it's still a bullshit comment.

We base opinions of entire wrestling fed based on one clip so why can't Batista?

Are you...ANIMALIST!?

Kane Knight
10-31-2005, 11:45 PM
Let's be fair. We saw TWO clips of CZW. :shifty:

HeartBreakMan2k
11-01-2005, 03:17 AM
Well Joe even said with what the wwe offered him was much less then what he was getting working tna and the indys and joe is extremely established on the indy circuit.

That's because he was offered a developmental contract. If WWE had intention of pushing him and thought that he would be a legitamate part of the company he would have been making more.

HeartBreakMan2k
11-01-2005, 03:18 AM
Let's be fair. We saw TWO clips of CZW. :shifty:

Didn't DS whore CZW like it was the greatest thing ever for like, a month before we ran him off?

Kane Knight
11-01-2005, 09:53 AM
Didn't DS whore CZW like it was the greatest thing ever for like, a month before we ran him off?

Don't remember. The only thing I remember him for is defending Midway in a recent video game thread. The guy's not really all that memorable, and if he was one of the eTards whoring out CZW, a lot more makes sense.

Destor
11-01-2005, 10:01 AM
DS is Sadistic.

Destor
11-01-2005, 10:02 AM
Deranged Sadistic?

Kane Knight
11-01-2005, 03:40 PM
More like Dee dee dee, Suckers!

Fox
11-03-2005, 01:17 AM
That's because he was offered a developmental contract. If WWE had intention of pushing him and thought that he would be a legitamate part of the company he would have been making more.

Under the gimmick of "The Second Coming of The Man, The Myth, The Legend: Kamala 2!"

No, really, Samoa Joe owns Batista in pretty much every way possible.