PDA

View Full Version : January Edition of M-A-G's Mad Arbitrary Gab (Yes, the name is still in the works)

M-A-G
01-24-2004, 11:23 PM
<font color=aqua><font size=3><font face=Centaur>Back to the old typing board. This was supposed to be done Thursday but sleep got too important and I haven't had much time to do anything on my computer aside from checking my mail and getting online with MSN Messenger for like a few minutes at a time. I have started a little side project on my old website account where I've begun archiving and uploading some of my PPV recaps and reviews which will be updated with more when I get the chance. You can check it out here (http://www.thereaper3000.homestead.com/recapsnstuff). You can expect Armageddon and this Sunday's Royal Rumble to be added soon.

Now that we've dispensed with the pleasantries, let us begin.

M-A-G Facts
1. M-A-G's favorite movie is "The Shawshank Redemption"
2. M-A-G always super sizes his meals.

This edition won't be a real long one considering I don't have a lot of issues to tackle. My first one would be the Trish/Jericho storyline on Raw that's been going on for a good few months. This is really just an extended version of "She's All That" and I couldn't even sit through that cause Freddie Prinze, Jr's eyebrows are disturbing and the story was lame and cookie-cut all the way. What's made this story interesting are the people involved. Christian's been entertaining as a sort of foil and the people are just dying to cheer for Jericho. Trish is certainly already "All That" and is in the position to gain a good amount of female fans and supporters a la Lita. Although you do have to ask the question of "What then?" if they get together. This whole ordeal has sidetracked them from championships and major feuds and the last guy that I can remember turning face because of a woman was Test and look where he ended up. But throughout all of it, I think we learned one valuable lesson: Trish should never fake cry.

The next bit of banter is on the WWE Originals CD. No, I haven't picked it up or sampled any tracks and I honestly don't feel like doing it considering what I've heard from people. And it's freaking almost 20 bucks! I mean, I can appreciate what they did and it's all in good fun and all but you're asking people to pay money for something of quality so you'd better deliver. If nothing else, I'll get lent the damn thing by one of my friends to at least give it a review or whatever but I'll hold onto my cash for something a bit more appealing....like, "Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen" or something.

Now in case you're living under a rock or whatever, you should know that the Royal Rumble is indeed this Sunday. It's one event I look forward to all year save when the winner of the Rumble is painstakingly obvious (ie: last year's, 2002's). As customary with these commentaries, let's break down the Rumble, M-A-G style:

WWE Cruiserweight Championship: Rey Mysterio vs. Jamie Noble: The last time I got exciting about one of these cruiserweight matches on PPV with a story behind it, the damn match was tossed off the card in favor of a basketball team owner getting RKO'ed so I'm gonna do my best to not get too enthusiastic about this one. As long as these guys don't get castrated and told to slow it down (gotta protect HHH and Michaels you know) it should be a good one. I'm looking for the surprise ending where Nidia takes off the blindfold and mists Noble with the dreaded WHITE MIST!!! Oh, the irony! Optimistic about this match.

WWE World Tag Team Championship: Ric Flair and Batista vs. The Dudley Boys: This is the FOURTH Royal Rumble in a row where the Dudleys are challenging for the titles. You think they might have to mix things up a bit? Flair and Batista as a team (and champions, no less) is kind of hard for me to take seriously considering, to my knowledge, I've never seen them team up before Armageddon. To me, it was sort of a dumb move out of the seemingly out-of-the-blue decision to make Evolution THE stable. Not like a give a crap about the winner anyway cause you got the stale as hell Dudleys on the opposing side and Flair and Batista have like zero chemistry together so whatever. Pessimistic about this match.

Eddie Guerrero vs. Chavo Guerrero: A lot of people have been saying the turn took too long but I gotta say it was worth the wait. A match like this deserves to be saved for one of the big PPVs and it's been a dramatic ride to get to where they are now. One caveat would be that we pretty much already saw this in WCW but it's a minor thing to worry about with a match that has the potential to be the first Match of the Year candidate as long as they're not told to make sure they don't overshadow HHH and Michaels. Cause you know, they're the main eventers and all and are the only ones allowed to have good matches. It should be entertaining in terms of who will out-cheat the other. I'm picking Eddie for some reason, maybe out of hope he'll get an elevation and get back the momentum he was picking up last year. Optimistic about this match.

HHH World Championship-Last Man Standing: HHH vs. Shawn Michaels: Let the egof</>ucking begin. If you saw their SummerSlam 2002 match you'll understand what I'm talking about. The one time HHH bothers to light a fire under his own ass, he and his buddy make sure to steal the show and months later they're feuding over HHH's fake title, cause, you know, they're the main eventers and all. This match is getting alot of peoples' hopes up based on their showing on Raw a few weeks ago (which is good) but there's really nothing new being said or done in this feud and Michaels is getting the top babyface spot in place of Goldberg, the guy they should've been putting all their efforts into in order to make him into someone other than just another worker. And don't even get me started on the decision to slap HHH with his belt again. Vince is still high on Brock vs. Goldberg, champ vs. champ at WM. You know, in order to do that, dumbass, you gotta KEEP THE BELT ON GOLDBERG! But again, Vince is a millionaire and I'm blah, blah, blah. The match in itself should be good and another possible candidate for Match of the Year but again, this is all ego and proof that they need to try a little harder on the Raw side and go in some new directions. I'm picking HHH to take this one cause not even his buddies get to beat him anymore. Optimistic about this one.

Brock Lesnar Championship: Brock Lesnar vs. Sparky Plugg: Where to even begin and what to say that hasn't been said already? They really got no business doing this whole "getting revenge" thing if he's not actually going to get revenge and become just another person to feed to Lesnar. It makes for good filler but this is headlining one of the biggest shows of the year and Sparky has yet to get a strong backing of babyface support. Maybe cause he hasn't actually DONE anything or he's just not believable as the next challenger to Brock's title or something. One the other side, Sparky could end up with the belt and that's bordering on causing the universe to implode on itself. I really don't give a crap about either man and title scene on SmackDown!'s been just as bad as on Raw and I don't either man can carry the other to anything good. Pessimistic about this one.

The Royal Rumble match: I'll compliment them on doing a good job of keeping people guessing on the outcome. But I will rip into them for their supposed plan to move Benoit to Raw should he win. Now why would we believe that all of a sudden, out of the blue, after chasing the Brock Lesnar Championship for the longest time he'd get up and announce "Hey, I can't seem to get this belt off of Brock's waist despite only trying ONE TIME so I'll try my luck with the belt that won't seem to come off the waist of HHH." And I can't help but be negative about this cause Benoit's purpose seems to only be to put OTHER people over and HHH doesn't need that. Orton and Batista don't need it either considering they're not in any rush to shove them to the main event and have no business getting the treatment they have considering how green they are. I hope, I hope, I PRAY, dear Lord this doesn't go through. They've got some room to try a run with Benoit and turn him into a huge face on SmackDown! and they can start bring up Guerrero and Cena in the meantime. It's not a guarantee that it'll make a huge difference but it's at least an effort to try something else. As far as the other competitors go, I could say Goldberg has a strong chance as well as Kurt Angle. Hey! They could do Brock/Kurt for the title!!! Haven't seen that before.... But in all seriousness, I really can't pick a winner cause there's so many possibilities and directions to go from there. As far as my feelings on it, hey, it's the Rumble, baby!!! Optimism all the way!

I don't give a shit if Foley shows up.

Anyhow, time to wrap up this collection of nonsense as it's getting late and I already had to retype the thing due to computer problems and I gotta get something for the munchies. Speaking of such, if there's any known plan or program to get someone unaddicted to Church's chicken tenders, for someone, like, say my 'friend' ( :shifty: ), drop me a line. Or for any other comments, questions, and/or feedback as usual. And don't forget the Recap Page (http://www.thereaper3000.homestead.com/recapsnstuff.html)! It's good stuff, I'm telling you. See you at the Rumble and take care. </font></font></font>

DaveWadding
01-24-2004, 11:32 PM
you da man :y:

AareDub
01-24-2004, 11:41 PM
(insert random positive comment here)

Nowhere Man
01-25-2004, 01:00 AM
Good stuff, blah blah.

And as for getting unaddicted to Church's, the only thing I can rcommend is working there. I worked at KFC over the summer, and now I can't even smell the stuff without wanting to hurl. (not that there's anything nasty going on back there; I'm just sick of the damn chicken)

Corkscrewed
01-25-2004, 02:58 AM
One of the few MAG's where I've agreed with everything you've said, instead of most of the things.

M-A-G
02-02-2004, 01:15 AM
Good stuff, blah blah.

And as for getting unaddicted to Church's, the only thing I can rcommend is working there. I worked at KFC over the summer, and now I can't even smell the stuff without wanting to hurl. (not that there's anything nasty going on back there; I'm just sick of the damn chicken)

Ahh, the old "be around it alot" trick a la nicotine. I'll be sure to try...er, to pass it along to my friend....

M-A-G
02-02-2004, 01:17 AM
One of the few MAG's where I've agreed with everything you've said, instead of most of the things.

Well, why not you and everyone try DISAGREEING with everything by checking out my archives (http://www.thereaper3000.homestead.com/recapsnstuff.html). Oh, yeah, cheap plugs rule! :cool:

Corkscrewed
02-02-2004, 01:26 AM
You Mick wannabe. Oh wait, that's cheap pops.