PDA

View Full Version : JOEY STYLES!

Avenger
11-01-2005, 02:17 PM
http://www.wwe.com/content/media/touts/splash/images/1514582 (http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/stylestaboo)

FROM WWE.COM-

Joey Styles spotted backstage at Taboo Tuesday
Nov. 1, 2005

Joey Styles, the voice of ECW, arrived at 1:45 p.m. ET to San Diego's IpayOne Center at the Sports Arena via limousine.

Styles was immediately taken behind closed doors, but agreed to do an interview WWE.com as soon as his meeting with WWE officials is over.

--------------------
could he be the new voice of RAW?

Nark Order
11-01-2005, 02:18 PM
FUCK MIKE GOLDBERG! JOEY FUCKING STYLES IS IN THE HOUSE!

PYRO-MANIAC
11-01-2005, 02:19 PM
Well done! :lol:

Posted this about the same time as you, i was waiting for the photo to come round again so i could right click on it so you beat me to it! :p

Yes i think he's the next announcer and personally i think he'll be an awesome announcer for the WWE. :love:

Xero
11-01-2005, 02:21 PM
They'll probably have Batista beat Coach and then have Vince say that JR is never coming back. Then the ECW music hits and Vince announces that Styles is the new head announcer of RAW. :D

HeartBreakMan2k
11-01-2005, 02:23 PM
OH MY GOD!

*Styles mark, well ECW mark in general.*

The One
11-01-2005, 02:24 PM
Provided Joey Styles does commentary (he IS under contract) for WWE, I might actually start watching whatever show he does it for.

LK
*MARKS OUT LIKE A BITCH*

The One
Oh and before I forget...

OH MY GOD!

HeartBreakMan2k
11-01-2005, 02:26 PM
Easily one of the best play by play men the business has ever had. Styles can call all the moves (or make up believable names if he can't) and never lose pace with the match. Gives a ton of credibility to whatever product he is a part of.

OH MY GOD!

Nark Order
11-01-2005, 02:28 PM
Watch them put him on heat and move Tommy Dreamer to RAW....

Cool King
11-01-2005, 02:29 PM
Didn't Styles say that he hated WWE at one time and that he did ONS just for that night?

Or am I thinking of someone totaly different?:?:

The One
11-01-2005, 02:31 PM
Joey hasn't had a whole lot of nice things to say about WWE over the years, but he is currently signed to some sort of contract (the details of which I am unsure of)...but my understanding is he might do some kind of online commentary or something.

Xero
11-01-2005, 02:37 PM
From what I heard, Styles signed a contract only to do ECW voice overs for DVDs and 24/7. However, since it seems to be an exclusive contract (as he was prevented from working his own PPV) there may be more to it than that.

Joey Slugs
11-01-2005, 02:45 PM
i will mark out only if this goes somewhere tonight.

Vazz
11-01-2005, 02:47 PM
I would love to see him be an announcer on Raw but it'll never happen. Not because Vince is an idiot but I think he would just turn down the chance like he did before. :(

Joey Slugs
11-01-2005, 02:49 PM
Styles was immediately taken behind closed doors, but agreed to do an interview WWE.com as soon as his meeting with WWE officials is over.

Thanks to Austin's no show, they've had to reshuffle things again. I wonder if they will sign Joey to a deal and make him the new voice of Raw (with JR not coming back & the coach getting squashed tonight). This meeting could be interesting.

Splaya
11-01-2005, 02:57 PM
What if they shifted Cole to Raw and inserted Styles on SD! I'd much rather see him on Raw but I want to see a King/Styles combo. Not a Coach/Styles.

Styles/King: :)
Styles/Tazz: :love:

Innovator
11-01-2005, 02:58 PM
OH MY GOD

Xero
11-01-2005, 03:00 PM
What if they shifted Cole to Raw and inserted Styles on SD! I'd much rather see him on Raw but I want to see a King/Styles combo. Not a Coach/Styles.

Styles/King: :)
Styles/Tazz: :love:
Shift Tazz over to RAW for King...

Mr. Nerfect
11-01-2005, 03:02 PM
I hope Josh Mathews, Tazz & Michael Cole are in the house for Taboo Tuesday, as well. They should do alternate commentary on the DVD for the Interpromotional Tag Team Match. They wouldn't add Mathews to the SmackDown! booth, but I'd love to see it because I'm a Mathews-mark.

Hopefully Styles becomes the new play-by-play guy for RAW. They best reach into the company instead of outside it, and a lot of people love Styles for his amazing commentary skills. If Jerry Lawler saddles up and brings his A-game, I can see them being an extrememly successful commentary team for the night.

Cool King
11-01-2005, 03:04 PM
Shift Tazz over to RAW for King...

I would like to see....

Tazz and King on RAW or Tazz and Styles on RAW.

Cole and Styles on SmackDown!

Or just keep everything the way it is.

Dave Youell
11-01-2005, 03:11 PM
This is just a cheap trick to make stop thinking about Christian and dammit! It's starting to work!

Destor
11-01-2005, 03:24 PM
Chris.........tian?

Oh yeah,
OH MY GOD!

Xero
11-01-2005, 03:30 PM
WWE.com: Why are you here and who invited you?
Joey Styles: I was invited by Kevin Dunn (Executive Vice President of WWE Television Production). Because Jonathan Coachman will be getting his head kicked in during his match tonight, there was an opening at the announce table, so I was brought in for the night to do play-by-play. Being a huge Internet wrestling fan, I couldn’t think of anything that would be more fun than Taboo Tuesday – the interactive pay-per-view. I think it’s a great idea to have fans pick the stipulations for the matches. I’m a little surprised the fans didn’t get to choose an announcer for Taboo Tuesday, but I like to think that if fans did get to choose, they would have chosen me.

The entire interview is here: http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/stylesbackstage

LK
11-01-2005, 03:31 PM
He's commentating all night! Damn I'm watching this PPV.

Dave Youell
11-01-2005, 03:34 PM
I'm calling it now

Best ppv of the year!!!!!

Destor
11-01-2005, 03:45 PM
btrOHyhntMYrshngfbvg34GODg5rg!!!!!!54cg!v g!nn!r1nr1f1e1!1

Mr. Nerfect
11-01-2005, 03:45 PM
YES! YES! OH MY GOD! STYLES!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

I love the way he mentioned the fans voting on a commentator. Some can call him a sell-out, but this guy may be the best wrestling commentator in the world, so I have no problems with him coming in and reminding us that RAW is a wrestling show. :love:

Mr. Nerfect
11-01-2005, 03:46 PM
Fuck, the WWE is doing some crazy shit, aren't they?

Splaya
11-01-2005, 03:53 PM
What is this? Oh my god I have chills down my spine. Could this be the greatest night ever :love:

Joey Slugs
11-01-2005, 03:56 PM
i JUST ordered it. i was maybe going to do it right before it started, but now it's a no brainer. this man can make a chris master's match watchable.

Pepsi Man
11-01-2005, 04:02 PM
Some of you need to get over this a bit. I personally LOVE Joey Styles as an announcer, but "best Pay-Per-View of the year", because of the ANNOUNCING?!!!

Yeah, a bit far.

Loose Cannon
11-01-2005, 04:03 PM
^yea lol. wtf

Nervous Ferret
11-01-2005, 04:14 PM
ya exactly Pep ^^

PRINCECHARMEING
11-01-2005, 04:14 PM
what PPV did he do all by his self ??i cant rember and only watch the end of it by it was still great

loopydate
11-01-2005, 04:40 PM
I wasn't even considering ordering Taboo Tuesday (I usually only go for the Rumble, WM, and Summerslam), but now I'm very tempted to. I hope that this is leading to Styles eventually being a permanent replacement for Jim Ross.

Mr. Nerfect
11-01-2005, 04:42 PM
Some of you need to get over this a bit. I personally LOVE Joey Styles as an announcer, but "best Pay-Per-View of the year", because of the ANNOUNCING?!!!

Yeah, a bit far.

No way will it be the best, but commentary helps a show. Hopefully Styles drops some past on Rob Conway to make us remember how great he is or something. Stuff that JR or Coach wouldn't be able to do.

I am interested to see how he gets along with Jerry Lawler. That could be some fun in itself.

Taboo Tuesday seems like one Hell of a fucked up show, but with some strong moments like Triple H/Flair, a possible final salute to Captain Charisma, Rey Mysterio getting a win on a RAW show in his hometown, solid commentary the whole night, Conway and Eugene in the same ring (this could be good), T&A (can also be a good thing) and a solid WWE Championship and World Tag Team Championship match, this show may be worth every penny...

...or it may not.

LK
11-01-2005, 05:12 PM
I wasn't even considering ordering Taboo Tuesday (I usually only go for the Rumble, WM, and Summerslam), but now I'm very tempted to. I hope that this is leading to Styles eventually being a permanent replacement for Jim Ross.
wrestleview.com says that there are reports that the WWE are very interested in using Styles on full time basis.

Joey Slugs
11-01-2005, 05:16 PM
wrestleview.com says that there are reports that the WWE are very interested in using Styles on full time basis.

if Coach gets his ass handed to him tonight, i wouldn't doubt that we will since Vince name Styles as the play by play man for Raw next week.

Dave Youell
11-01-2005, 05:20 PM
u know what would be awesome, if he just abused his time on air and shoots on everyone as he doesn't really want the job anyway, now that would def make it awesome

Innovator
11-01-2005, 05:22 PM
FUCK! I CANT LISTEN TO JOEY STYLES DOING PPV PBP?!?! FUCK!

Dave Youell
11-01-2005, 05:42 PM
FUCK! I CANT LISTEN TO JOEY STYLES DOING PPV PBP?!?! FUCK!
Well your the only one!

Splaya
11-01-2005, 05:48 PM
Dear God,

If you have any respect for us anymore, considering that you allowed the birth of HHH to take place, you will make Styles the full time announcer for the rest of the time he is alive. Also, you will not put him on SD, you will put him on RAW. You will have Coach destroyed by Batista, and you will force Vince to name Styles the replacement, this week on Raw. Thank you for your time.

Signed,
Every wrestling fan's opinion that is held down by HHH's glass ceiling

Xero
11-01-2005, 05:51 PM
Dear God,

If you have any respect for us anymore, considering that you allowed the birth of HHH to take place, you will make Styles the full time announcer for the rest of the time he is alive. Also, you will not put him on SD, you will put him on RAW. You will have Coach destroyed by Batista, and you will name Styles the replacement, this week on Raw. Thank you for your time.

Signed,
Vince doesn't listen to internet fans.

Joey Slugs
11-01-2005, 05:54 PM
Dear God,

If you have any respect for us anymore, considering that you allowed the birth of HHH to take place, you will make Styles the full time announcer for the rest of the time he is alive. Also, you will not put him on SD, you will put him on RAW. You will have Coach destroyed by Batista, and you will force Vince to name Styles the replacement, this week on Raw. Thank you for your time.

Signed,

don't let brock see that...........

The One
11-01-2005, 06:04 PM
OK, so I decided to order the PPV...and I will state for the record it was SOLEY for the fact that Styles will be doing the commentary. HOWEVER with that having been said I will also say that the idea that this PPV will become the event of the year is nothing more then hyping a fairly assumed doomed PPV to a status it just can't reach. This may be the COMMENTARY event of the year...well, minus ONS because lord was that just...beyond words. I am so pissed off at Vince McMahon right now. Just when I think I can stop watching WWE (and he does this all the damn time) he brings in something I can't turn away from. While I view SmackDown as a ship with a bleeker future then when the Titanic took off from the port, if Joey Styles becomes Play by Play for RAW, I more or less have not other choice but to watch.

On a side note, I read a report a few months back that was about how Joey Styles was interested in opening up his own promotion. With this new WWE development, and the fact I have heard little else about it since word first broke, I am wondering if anyone here has any other information about it.

Innovator
11-01-2005, 06:05 PM
Well your the only one!man i can't wait to live off campus with satellite

The One
11-01-2005, 06:08 PM
Innovator...what will living off campus with a satelite do exactly?

Nark Order
11-01-2005, 06:56 PM
Innovator...what will living off campus with a satelite do exactly?

It will enable him to tune into PPVs, One.

Innovator
11-01-2005, 06:58 PM
Innovator...what will living off campus with a satelite do exactly?on campus, cable, no ppv

The One
11-01-2005, 07:01 PM
Ahhh...understood.

LK
11-01-2005, 07:19 PM
http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=14088&p=1
Seems that Joey will be around for a while

PYRO-MANIAC
11-01-2005, 07:31 PM
Dear God,

Signed,

HHH was not too long ago one of the best performers in the ring. His promo's have become stale.. but if you take a look at how Triple H rips into the fans on WWE Tours you'd see just how good and refreshing of a heel he could be.

Its only censorship and fear of lawsuits that Triple H wont go down as one of the best heels in the history of wrestling for me.

Now i know that sounds a little far fetched but i really believe that he would be.

Id like to see Batista destroyed by a new guy who's more of a monster than him but someone who can put on great 'wrasslin' matches. :love:

LK
11-01-2005, 07:34 PM
4 years ago is quite a long time

PYRO-MANIAC
11-01-2005, 07:42 PM
4 years ago is quite a long time

Ahhh so true.. so true.

He still puts on pretty good matches though, have to admit his promo's do nothing for me lately but then again neither do most of the promo's i see on Tv.. unless of course its Flair. :love:

The One
11-01-2005, 07:44 PM
He still puts on pretty good matches though, have to admit his promo's do nothing for me lately but then again neither do most of the promo's i see on Tv.. unless of course its Flair. :love:

Damn straight! I repped you recently...otherwise I would so be greening you right now.

Oh and as for the Triple H comment...honestly, Hunter is one of the best in the business. Period. That goes for now, in the past, and quite frankly of all time. I know we all hate the glass ceiling, but at least sitting on top of the ceiling is someone with a shit load of talent...even if it doesn't shine through all the time.

PYRO-MANIAC
11-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Damn straight! I repped you recently...otherwise I would so be greening you right now.

Oh and as for the Triple H comment...honestly, Hunter is one of the best in the business. Period. That goes for now, in the past, and quite frankly of all time. I know we all hate the glass ceiling, but at least sitting on top of the ceiling is someone with a shit load of talent...even if it doesn't shine through all the time.

So your the one who repped me! :love:

First of many trust me! ;)

I agree again 100% i dont hate on Triple H, even when he was winning week in week out with the aid of the sledgehammer i thought it was great because when someone finally did beat him they went over in a massive way.

Plus if people didn't hate Triple H so much would Austin and The Rock of been as succesful as they were? ;)

Destor
11-01-2005, 08:01 PM
I've given too much rep in the past 24 hours. If I hadn't there would be many green dots flying around right about now.

mrslackalack
11-01-2005, 10:24 PM
as he would say himself OH MY GOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!

mrslackalack
11-01-2005, 10:29 PM
I have always heard since 03 that WWE has wanted Schavione as play by play but WWE producer Kevin Dunn is not a Schavione fane and rejects the idea every time.

mrslackalack
11-01-2005, 10:30 PM
I have always heard since 03 that WWE has wanted Schavione as play by play but WWE producer Kevin Dunn is not a Schavione fan and rejects the idea every time.

Pepsi Man
11-02-2005, 12:53 AM
I have always heard since 03 that WWE has wanted Schavione as play by play but WWE producer Kevin Dunn is not a Schavione fan and rejects the idea every time.
If that's the case, I'm hereby a Kevin Dunn fan.

owenbrown
11-02-2005, 10:41 AM
Dear God,

Signed,

:y: :D :love:

I was so fucking stupid back then-OB