11-01-2005, 11:29 PM
biggest clusterfucked PPV ever?

The whole card was screwed up IMO.

PullMyFinger
11-01-2005, 11:48 PM
lol twas like a TNA ppv

Corkscrewed
11-01-2005, 11:58 PM
Case #19827 that the WWE writing team is fucked.

The Icon of Elisim
11-02-2005, 12:29 AM
Screwed up cause of us, fans did have control of this ppv.

I mean we wanted to see Mankind instead of Cactus Jack, that changes the whole PPV

KingofOldSchool
11-02-2005, 12:44 AM
Let's not forget everything that has happened recently with Austin walking away, Edge and Kane getting hurt, Torrie getting fired, Christian quitting. It's been really chaotic.

Pepsi Man
11-02-2005, 12:49 AM
Except that Torrie didn't get fired.

PullMyFinger
11-02-2005, 12:51 AM
This PPV perfectly describes WWE and the state of wrestling since WCW folded.....SHITE.

Pepsi Man
11-02-2005, 12:58 AM
I honestly don't see what was SO horrible about it, to tell you the truth. Mankind vs. Carlito was pretty good, Ric Flair vs. Triple H was damn impressive, and the main event was decent.

PullMyFinger
11-02-2005, 01:01 AM
Compare that to the wrestling of years ago.

Pepsi Man
11-02-2005, 01:30 AM
Honestly, we looked for less years ago, as a whole. We didn't overanalyze any of it, and we got completely into the show. Lately, it's like you're not a fan if you don't find something to gripe about about any given show.

PullMyFinger
11-02-2005, 01:35 AM
I don't think that's true...personally. I mean just when I'm watching old clips of wrestling back then...it was so fresh, exciting, and amazing. The worst PPV during the Attitude Era / Monday Night Wars era was still better than the best PPV of the year today, IMO...well except for WM 2000 LOL.

I'm just glad I'm not a new fan that's into wrestling because I would've missed out on all the good stuff a few years ago.

Pepsi Man
11-02-2005, 01:39 AM
It was "fresh", "exciting", and "amazing", because you were more new to it then, and a lot of the action in the ring back then was actually pretty horrible.

PullMyFinger
11-02-2005, 01:58 AM
I was into it before then. Since WCW folded, WWE went down the shitter.

Pepsi Man
11-02-2005, 02:03 AM
While I don't disagree that there was more entertainment and excitement during that time frame, I DO think that saying that the WWE has "gone down the shitter" is a bit of an exaggeration.

PYRO-MANIAC
11-02-2005, 07:01 AM
I honestly don't see what was SO horrible about it, to tell you the truth. Mankind vs. Carlito was pretty good, Ric Flair vs. Triple H was damn impressive, and the main event was decent.

I agree with you Pepsi Dude. :y:

I gave it a 7. The commentary was brilliant and Styles and King will only get better, i heard Styles say "we'll see you at SS" so i think personally he's signed and the WWE are keeping it quiet as some kind of storyline coming up soon. Styles was funny, witty, on point all the time and just reminded me of Bobby Heenan in his prime. And thats what a good commentator should be. :y:

Mankind Vs Carlito seemed a very good match for me considering they haven't worked together before much. Id give that a 7 rating or so.

Triple H vs Flair was brilliant and although slow and calculated in the style of the match it was still a good match to watch, id give that one a 8.5. The main event had a few twists and turns and HBK and Angle had a good match together, for me though Cena is really getting stale, its a bad sign when the fans are booing their champion. I mean all he's doing wrong is winning all the time but i suppose its not only that its his lack of moves too. He is becoming a little bit boring compared to the likes of Angle and HBK. Id still give this match an 8 though.

The tag match with Kane and Show vs Lance Cade and Murdoch wasn't too bad either. At one point i though Kane broke his leg because of the way he fell but he carried on ok, the match itself was a little one sided but that was to be expected. Overall some good moments id give it an 8 for an entertaining tag match.

So for me 3 good matches, the rest of the pay per view was just entertaining hardly knocked your socks off but entertaining anyway. When the PPV ended i felt like i watched a pretty good PPV. Nothing amazing but pretty good.

People compare this to TNA? truth is TNA only have 1-3 great matches on a pay per view, and they usually have Daniels and Styles in them dont they?

You could argue the Raven vs Rhyno matches are good but i could argue that your not seeing anything you haven't before. Ive watched TNA PPV's in the past and thought.. two good matches and thats it? Styles and Daniels always save TNA PPV's.

Anyway back to Taboo Tuesday, it gets a 7 from me for the 4 entertaining matches and the memories i'll get from the Flair Vs HHH match. I wanted Flair to go over and he did.. brilliant stuff. :y:

PorkSoda
11-02-2005, 07:22 AM
I heard Styles say it was a one night stand for him or something like that.

I didn't think it was too bad either. I wanted to see Kamala instead of Snuka though. Snuka can't even climb the turnbuckles nowadays.

Sadistic
11-02-2005, 07:51 AM
Styles was amazing. I hope we don't have to sit through the Coach any more. The main event was great because of another classic HBK ANgle encounter. I loved whenever Cena got involved he got booed. "Cena sucks" chants were even heard.

The cage match was nothing special, the rest of the card was terrible.
Certainly one of the worst PPVs of the year, and certainly the worst Raw PPV of the year.

Nark Order
11-02-2005, 10:27 AM
The cage match was nothing special,

I don't know what you were watching... that match was incredible. I guess you didn't like it because it wasn't laced with your normal ridiculous CZW crapfest spots.

Destor
11-02-2005, 10:33 AM
DH, he is speaking as a mark for the style he likes. You just have to accxept that Sadistic a mark and move on from the dumb cunt. He doesn't know what he is talking about.

Blue Demon
11-02-2005, 10:34 AM
Overall I give TT a 7. it was pretty decent overall with pretty much all the matches entertaining in one way, shape or form.

CSL
11-02-2005, 10:50 AM
<font color=white>I will now commence in commiting suicide after not being able to watch Taboo Tuesday and listen to Joey F'n Styles</font>

:'(

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
11-02-2005, 11:33 AM
:lol: @ people dissing the PPV. There was nothing wrong with it. It was better than I expected.

Sadistic
11-02-2005, 11:39 AM
I don't know what you were watching... that match was incredible. I guess you didn't like it because it wasn't laced with your normal ridiculous CZW crapfest spots.
I wasn't expecting a spotfest. If it was a hardcore spotfest then I would have been disgusted. It was far from incredible. It could have had way more passion, couuld have had more near falls, could have had more suspense and could have went on longer.

Pepsi Man
11-02-2005, 11:57 AM
I wasn't expecting a spotfest. If it was a hardcore spotfest then I would have been disgusted. It was far from incredible. It could have had way more passion, couuld have had more near falls, could have had more suspense and could have went on longer.
More passion? Were you paying ANY attention to the Nature Boy Ric Flair?

"Oh god!" was heard like it was Armageddon or something (and not the WWE PPV)

"Jesus Christ!"

"Come on, motherfucker!"

"Fuck you!", while giving Triple H the finger, both while receiving AND dishing out the Figure Four.

"God damn it! My hand!"

And there was more. The cliche about cutting the tension with a knife or whatever applied.

Kane Knight
11-02-2005, 12:25 PM
Screwed up cause of us, fans did have control of this ppv.

I mean we wanted to see Mankind instead of Cactus Jack, that changes the whole PPV

LOL Gay.

BigDaddyCool
11-02-2005, 11:56 PM
biggest clusterfucked PPV ever?

The whole card was screwed up IMO.

Yeah, that is what I was thinking...

Anyhow, never have a ppv the day after a live show like Raw, I guess.

Kane Knight
11-03-2005, 12:13 AM
Yeah, that is what I was thinking...

Anyhow, never have a ppv the day after a live show like Raw, I guess.

Yeah, gives the writers only 24 hours to pull something out of their ass.

CSL
11-03-2005, 12:25 PM
<font color=white>Taboo Tuesday 2004 wasn't too bad</font>