PDA

View Full Version : TNA Primetime Idea

Mr. Nerfect
11-03-2005, 03:45 AM
I'd really like to see TNA's take on the Cruiserweight Open match formula. Anyway, TNA prides itself on great competitive matches, but with only an hour each week to really show off their talent, which means a fast build to the upcoming PPV, they can't really take some time off and just let the X-guys go at it for a long time.

With TNA getting Primetime slots, personally I'd like to see them dedicated to the X-Division, with them being prototypes for potential PPV concepts in the future.

I'd love to see a match where AJ Styles starts off with Jerrelle Clark, then after Clark is pinned, we get AJ Styles vs. Alex Shelley, then poof, Shelley pins Styles and we now have Chris Sabin come out and replace him against Shelley. Sabin pins Shelley, then Roderick Strong, but is finally stopped by Petey Williams. Williams is beaten by Austin Aries, who then goes on to beat Matt Bentley, before losing to Christopher Daniels. Elix Skipper pins The Fallen Angel, and then Sonjay Dutt runs out and pins Skipper before finally beating a returning Frankie Kazarian (or someone) in the final fall of the match, finally getting the decision.

Much like the WWE Cruiserweight Open concept, except I'd trust TNA to give each match about 10 minutes in length (obviously some will get a little less). I can see a two hour X-Division marathon getting a few extra viewers in.

Another idea is to have an "Ultimate X" tournament. Many say the Ultimate X is overdone, but I really don't think so. You can always add modifications onto the match, and it really seems like an athletic contest, so as long as the match quality is high I think they should whip out the match regularly.

Anyway, I can see four "undercard" Ultimate X matches (AJ vs. Fallen Angel vs. Primetime, Sabin vs. Williams vs. Jerry Lynn, Dutt vs. Bentley vs. Kazarian & Aries vs. Strong vs. Shelley) with the winners from each going to a four-man Ultimate X later that night for the X-Division Championship. In the end you'll probably end up with AJ Styles vs. Chris Sabin vs. Sonjay Dutt vs. Austin Aries.

I just thinki ideas like this that would take up a lot of TNA's crucial storyline time could be better played to TNA's advantage on "Primetime Specials".