PDA

View Full Version : Face Wrestlers You Hated.......when you were a mark

The Gooch
11-04-2005, 12:00 PM
Hopefully some of you have mark memories. Personally I always loved the heels even as a kid. Macho Man, Piper, Stan Hansen, Ric Flair, Freebirds, etc. But even though I cheered for the heels I still enjoyed the faces. Except for some.....

Hulk Hogan....I've never liked him as a face wrestler. Even as a kid growing up during Hulkamania. His vanilla character just did not interest me at all. The fact that he held the belt for so long made my hatred that much more.

Greg Gagne....I really enjoyed AWA, but what the fuck was the idea of having the bosses son who was lucky if he was 200 lbs as one of the big shot wrestlers in the promotion. I've must of hated nepotism even as a young child I guess.

I'll try and think of some more. What about you?

Loose Cannon
11-04-2005, 12:06 PM
god I hated the Bushwackers with a passion. The way they would lick people made me so :mad:

Destor
11-04-2005, 12:06 PM
Simple. Hogan. 20 years of hate. An going strong.

The Gooch
11-04-2005, 12:12 PM
god I hated the Bushwackers with a passion. The way they would lick people made me so :mad:

:lol:

Great call. Never liked them either. Didn't find the licking or them in general very amusing.

Vastardikai
11-04-2005, 12:19 PM
I hated two people:

Sting: The "Surfer" era was HORRIBLE. I swear, he was the world's BIGGEST DORK. There was one time, for a Cage match against Mr. Saito, some fat broad grabbed him and kissed him, he broke character, slid into the ring and yelled "GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF ME, WOMAN!" It wouldn't have been too bad, but it was ON CAMERA, and had a close up of him screaming at the broad.

Tatanka: I'm sorry, but I always called his "Buffaloing-up" thing the Indian Pee-pee Dance, and thought he should have used the bathroom before he came to the ring. That, and his undefeated streak bored me, especially when the only real people he beat was Rick Martel and Shawn Micheals, the latter by DQ, IIRC.

CharismaInjection
11-04-2005, 01:35 PM
Hulk Hogan, I've never liked him. Ever. He's just a total asshole.

I refer you to my popular thread I made a couple of months ago entitled Hulk Hogan is an asshole.

http://www.tpww.net/forums/showthread.php?p=988047#post988047

Goulet
11-04-2005, 02:00 PM
I was always annoyed by Hacksaw Jim Duggan

Nark Order
11-04-2005, 02:39 PM
You just put "when you were a mark" so you didn't have an entire thread of Cena bashing.

The Gooch
11-04-2005, 03:01 PM
You just put "when you were a mark" so you didn't have an entire thread of Cena bashing.

Exactly. Basically it was to find out who you hated even though you blindly were suppose to love everyone the WWF/WWE/AWA/NWA/WCW/etc... told you to.

Kane Knight
11-04-2005, 03:57 PM
By that definition, I've never been a mark in my life. I've always liked what I liked, and didn't what I didn't.

The Fugitive
11-04-2005, 06:42 PM
Hulk Hogan and Rob Van Dam.

Cool King
11-04-2005, 06:54 PM
Bret Hart.

Destor
11-04-2005, 06:58 PM
:eek: ^^ Shocking.

redoneja
11-04-2005, 07:03 PM
Stone Cold Steve Austin

LK
11-04-2005, 07:21 PM
Bret Hart

Kane Knight
11-04-2005, 07:23 PM
Ken Kennedy..

Kane Knight
11-04-2005, 07:23 PM
...Kennedy...

Destor
11-04-2005, 07:28 PM
But you're not supposed to like Kennedy. :?:

Funky Fly
11-04-2005, 08:10 PM
Bret Hart.
You. Are. Dead to me.

CYCLOPTERSAURUS
11-04-2005, 09:08 PM
I despised Rock until he became "Hollywood Rock", and went back to hating him after he turned face again.

And of course, I always hated Hogan, and really any face that sucked in the ring. Actually, when I first started watching Wrestling, I hated ALL faces. It wasn't until Jericho turned face that I started liking some face wrestlers.

Cool King
11-04-2005, 09:11 PM
You. Are. Dead to me.

I guess legendkiller is dead to you too then?

PullMyFinger
11-04-2005, 09:25 PM
I despised WCW's faces. I always like the heels for some reason.

Morgan
11-05-2005, 08:11 AM
When Angle had that short face run in 2001 during the invasion, I wanted to see Austin beat the shit out of him.

PureHatred
11-05-2005, 11:47 AM
Demolition: This really had nothing to do with heel or face or whatever. To me they were always cheap, slightly overweight Road Warrior knock-offs. And when the WWF did that whole double turn with them and the Powers of Pain...and all of a sudden its supposed to be a big deal that TWO cheap Road warrior knock-offs were feuding....MY GOD!!! I wanted to throw stuff at my TV.

Ken Patera, Sam Houston, Cpl Kirshner: any other generic face that required 20 minutes to beat Iron mike Sharpe on USA Primetime.

The Young Stallions: I just wanted to see them get the crap beat out of them. Every time they managed to get a "big win" over some team like Orton & Muraco or The Conquistadores because of 'partner misunderstanding' EWR_style, I'd feel less alive inside.

Man, typing this up makes me feel old.

Batsu
11-05-2005, 01:15 PM
Sting: The "Surfer" era was HORRIBLE. I swear, he was the world's BIGGEST DORK. There was one time, for a Cage match against Mr. Saito, some fat broad grabbed him and kissed him, he broke character, slid into the ring and yelled "GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF ME, WOMAN!" It wouldn't have been too bad, but it was ON CAMERA, and had a close up of him screaming at the broad.

LMAO @ this!!!!

Karlsberg
11-05-2005, 09:19 PM
I hated the buchwakers and brutus beefcake

Fenix122
11-05-2005, 10:20 PM
ultimate warrior...i always hated him

Nowhere Man
11-06-2005, 12:21 AM
I didn't like the Rock, mainly because I was a huge Austin mark and was pissed that Rocky stole his spotlight.

V
11-06-2005, 12:40 AM
Big show. with a fucking passion. still do

FourFifty
11-07-2005, 12:59 AM
Only two people come to mind.

As a mark... Okay, let's take a trip down memory lane when I thought wrestling was real.

Two Words- Marty Jannety

Shawn carried that team, okay! Jannety screwed Shawn up in his match with Ric Flair. Do you have any idea how big of a victory that would have been for Shawn? Oh, and let's not forget why The Rockers never became tag team champions. My two favorite teams and I was rooting for the under dogs, The Rockers. Marty dropkicked Hawk in the back while Hawk was getting ready to powerslam Shawn! That's just added force for Hawk to damn near break Shawn in half, and Marty didn't care enough to break the pin.
The Rockers were a great team, with some great chemistry, and Marty screwed it up for them!

And Kamala

Dellaspro
11-07-2005, 01:14 AM
Austin and The Rock

As silly as it may sound, I always had a secret hatred for Austin b/c I always thought it was him that made HBK leave the WWF after their match at Wrestlemania 14, and HBK was pretty much the reason I started watching (and still do today.) So up until about 2000, I hated Austin's guts. :\

I never liked face Rock. Not even his early days when he was at his "peak." He always came off as a shitty heel in my eyes when he was a face, but when he was trying to be a heel, he was the shit.

PullMyFinger
11-07-2005, 01:18 AM
Yeah, I hated face Rock always b/c heel Rock was the greatest ever.

Aussie Skier
11-08-2005, 05:31 PM
me as a mark, I always loved all the faces.

Infact, I can't think of any i didn't like...maybe hogan