PDA

View Full Version : A Possible Title Stripping (SPOILERS)

CharismaInjection
11-09-2005, 05:42 PM
Source: PWTorch.com (Wade Keller)

Batista did tear his lat at the SmackDown! tapings. This is a very painful injury and will likely cause him to miss several months. Unless the injury is far less severe than people think, it is expected that the title will need to be stripped from him.

Obviously, the top names in line for the belt would be JBL, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, or Randy Orton. The long shots right now for the title would be Matt Hardy, Rey Mysterio, Mr. Kennedy, or Edge if he is moved to SmackDown! permanently. Edge is likely to need surgery as well though.

It'll also be interesting to see if Chris Benoit is offered more on his contract now that Batista looks to be out. For those wondering, Benoit has still not signed a contract renewal.

Surely Batista will be able to get through one match at SS with Eddie where he could lose to Guerrero when Guerrero cheats to win, and when Batista returns, he can get revenge on Eddie and gets his title back...or not?

Mr. Aristocrat
11-09-2005, 05:46 PM
Actually with Batista needing to drop the belt, and since there is a legit injury reason, I say just strip it. That way Batista doesn't loose any steam he has created, and when he returns he can pull the Unbeat Champ Wild Animal card. Besides, this is the World Heavyweight Title, it's not like it has an incredible of great history to live up to. Hell it's first champ had the belt handed to him for no reason.

I wouldn't be suprised to see The Undertaker vs. Randy Orton turn into the WHC Title Match at SS...seeing as how most every other top name contender is involved in the RAW vs. SmackDown match.

Fox
11-09-2005, 06:29 PM
World Title tournament sounds like a good idea to me.

Nervous Ferret
11-09-2005, 06:32 PM
Battle Royal
Battle Royal
Battle Royal
Battle Roayl
Battle Royal

Xero
11-09-2005, 06:36 PM
Replace Armageddon with the King of the Ring...

Or the King of SmackDown! tournament, I dunno...

addy2hotty
11-09-2005, 07:38 PM
Watch HHH get traded to SD, getting handed the title by Long who calls him 'The Franchise'.

Seriously tho, I'd put it on Eddie after SS. Have Eddie look for revenge on Kane & Big Show in the SSmatch, somehow beating them after being left 2 on 1.

In the meantime, have Bischoff come out on Raw and rub in the situation, saying 'if we can take out SD's champion, then SS will be easy'. Can't see them not putting this into the SD vs Raw story, no matter how bad the injury is.

hb2k
11-09-2005, 08:18 PM
Man, Eddie is really going to benefit from this - with Batista out, Eddie is the natural top babyface, so he could get pushed massively for the next while, as they try to recover Batista.

Savio
11-09-2005, 08:20 PM
Have Eddie or randy pull a Deisel on him in a house show.

The Icon of Elisim
11-09-2005, 08:26 PM
Perfect chance to turn Eddie. I read they were gonna keep him a face since he's been getting great pops but now is the right time to turn him.

They make a stip where whoever lasts the longest on the Smackdown team gets to be the number 1 contender and can cash in at any time. Eddie lasts the longest and then at the end of match Batista is laid out and obviously hurt. Eddie gets a mic and says he's cashing in right now, frog splash and a pin and Eddie gets the title. He holds onto it until Batista gets back.

redoneja
11-10-2005, 12:07 AM
Here's what I would want to see if he IS to injured to compete:

Have Teddy Long come out, explain the situation and pull him out of the SS match, replace him with someone and say the title scene will be addressed after Survivor Series.

After SS(have SD! win the Main Event), Long says there will be an 8 man, one night tourney at Armageddon:

JBL v Matt Hardy
Mr Kennedy v Rey Mysterio
Randy Orton v Chris Beniot
Eddie Guererro v Undertaker

At Armageddon here's how it plays out:

JBL defeats Matt Hardy
Rey defeats Kennedy
Orton defeats Beniot
Eddie defeats Undertaker(via DQ or Orton interference)

then:
Rey defeats JBL
Orton defeats Eddie

And in the Finals: Orton defeats Rey.

This gives 3 faces(Beniot, Rey, Eddie) for Orton to work with until Batista comes back, depending on how long he actually is out.

Then when Batista returns, Orton can run from him for awhile until they finally meet up in a big main event and Batista reclaims the gold.

Schoenauer
11-10-2005, 12:25 AM
Watch HHH get traded to SD, getting handed the title by Long who calls him 'The Franchise'.
The only reason Batista is still champion is because Triple H won't work tuesdays.

Gouda
11-10-2005, 01:21 AM
BOOGEYMAN FOR CHAMP.

LK
11-10-2005, 01:57 AM
New champion - http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a338/Billcasey247/misterkennedy.gif

RGWhat316
11-10-2005, 02:06 AM
And to think, now if Christian would have stayed around a couple more weeks, he might have had another opportunity. Since he was one of the options for the Team SD match at Taboo Tuesday, he was creeping up to higher status. We'll have to wait and see what happens for him possibly in TNA now.

Corkscrewed
11-10-2005, 02:24 AM
Man, that totally sucks.

If they can pull it off, I'd have Eddie turn on Batista and totally beat him down, taking him out of action. When you have a legit injury, you might as well make an angle out of it (assuming it's safe). Eddie would get major heat and really get elevated for taking out Batista to such an extent that he has to miss a few months.

Evil Eddie rules.

The title would then be stripped, and we have a tourney for it. If Eddie took Dave out, he ought to win the belt as well.

Dave Youell
11-10-2005, 03:33 AM
Eddie and Orton are the top contenders, just have those 2 have a one on one match for the belt.

Tournements are so obvious it's scary now, put it on Eddie as a face, then when Big Dave returns for around mania time they can feud for it with Dave turning. Now that would be a swerve

Cuzziebro
11-10-2005, 07:13 AM
Rey Rey for Champion.

Impact!
11-10-2005, 07:17 AM
Let's Go Hardcore Let's Go

<scroll> Clap Clap </scroll>

Let's Go Hardcore Let's Go

<scroll> Clap Clap </scroll>

:shifty:

Morgan
11-10-2005, 09:16 AM
Give it to a junior. Then we'd have the World Midget-weight Championship, and a real champion to be proud of.

Dave Youell
11-10-2005, 09:18 AM
Give it to a junior. Then we'd have the World Midget-weight Championship, and a real champion to be proud of.
Someone already suggested rey, but thanks for your input :y:

Loose Cannon
11-10-2005, 02:21 PM
Actually with Batista needing to drop the belt, and since there is a legit injury reason, I say just strip it. That way Batista doesn't loose any steam he has created, and when he returns he can pull the Unbeat Champ Wild Animal card. Besides, this is the World Heavyweight Title, it's not like it has an incredible of great history to live up to. Hell it's first champ had the belt handed to him for no reason.

I wouldn't be suprised to see The Undertaker vs. Randy Orton turn into the WHC Title Match at SS...seeing as how most every other top name contender is involved in the RAW vs. SmackDown match.

Totally agree with this. Just have Batista come out and talk about how all he wants to do is wrestle and how he loves what he does, but he's been told by doctors that he needs to sit out for a while. Then he goes on and says he'll be back yada yada yada and like Orton comes out and says to just give the belt to him.

Then they do a tourney.

Loose Cannon
11-10-2005, 02:22 PM
Man, that totally sucks.

If they can pull it off, I'd have Eddie turn on Batista and totally beat him down, taking him out of action. When you have a legit injury, you might as well make an angle out of it (assuming it's safe). Eddie would get major heat and really get elevated for taking out Batista to such an extent that he has to miss a few months.

Evil Eddie rules.

The title would then be stripped, and we have a tourney for it. If Eddie took Dave out, he ought to win the belt as well.

This works too.

Funky Fly
11-10-2005, 02:28 PM
Evil Eddie. :love:

He can go back to taunting everyone and Using that new theme.

Mr. Nerfect
11-10-2005, 03:53 PM
I'd love to see a tournament, or something, but I don't think they really need to do one.

They can very easily just have Eddie awarded the title since he's #1 Contender. When Batista returns at around No Way Out, time, you can have Eddie not want to give the belt back, instant feud for WrestleMania.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a Fatal Fourway signed for Survivior Series. Randy Orton, Chris Benoit, Booker T & either Rey Mysterio (which means he won't be in the Team RAW vs. Team SmackDown! match), a returning Undertaker (although I'd rather see him return during or after the match) or Ken Kennedy (since he's not scheduled to do anything at SS, thus far).

This also kills two birds with one stone, as it gets the Benoit/Booker program on the card, as well as putting Orton and another guy on there, leaving plenty of room for a WWE Tag Team Championship match.

Funky Fly
11-10-2005, 04:26 PM
Awarding titles is gay.

Remember HHH in 2002? I was never more pissed off with RAW than then.

McLegend
11-11-2005, 10:03 PM
Yeah apparently they are doing a triple threat match for the World Heavyweight title next week.

Batista/Eddie/Orton

So they are not stripping Batista of the title

Funky Fly
11-12-2005, 01:00 AM
W/E

Eddie Better Win. Randy Greenton is still 2-3 years from being ready, IMO.