PDA

View Full Version : Christian "Captain Charisma" Cage

Xero
11-09-2005, 07:50 PM
Captain Charisma fans, fear not. William Jay Reso (formerly Christian in WWE) also trademarked the name "Captain Charisma" on 11/2 for future use in his post-WWE endeavors. As noted earlier on PWInsider.com, Reso also trademarked his original independent name "Christian Cage" as well for future usage.

Both terms were copyrighted for, "Entertainment in the nature of wrestling contests; Entertainment services in the nature of a wrestling club; Entertainment services namely live, televised and movie appearances by a professional entertainer; Entertainment services, namely, personal appearances by a professional wrestler" as well as trademarks purchased in regard to action figures, clothing, toys, games, multimedia, and additional items that may be licensed in the future using Reso's likeness.

Thanks to Kris Borders for her help with the above.

Source: http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=14274&p=1

Volchok
11-09-2005, 07:55 PM
sweeet

Volchok
11-09-2005, 07:56 PM
Maybe Waterproof Blonde will let him use " Just Close Your Eyes" or can he not use that?

Cool King
11-09-2005, 07:57 PM
That's great!:D

So he can still be called Christian.

Haha, how do you like those apples Vince?

*Carlito Enters*

Yeah.:shifty:

Funky Fly
11-09-2005, 08:00 PM
lol

They turned that Waterproof Blonde song into someting completely different. I thought only Kanye West could turn a chorus into a full blown song.

Volchok
11-09-2005, 08:05 PM
Meh it's basically the only theme he had beside the At Last and the one Tomko uses, and WWE owns those so I figured since Waterproof Blonde did it he could still us it.

Kane Knight
11-09-2005, 08:07 PM
lol

They turned that Waterproof Blonde song into someting completely different. I thought only Kanye West could turn a chorus into a full blown song.

Everyone in rap does that. And everyone in the WWE.

Funky Fly
11-09-2005, 08:08 PM
Yeah, but TNA would have to pay a buttload to do it. They would be better off knocking it off. In fact, why doesn't TNA hire Jimmy Hart. They could finally get 7/8ths of the roster some decent themes.

Volchok
11-09-2005, 08:17 PM
I mark out everytime I hear AJ Styles- I Am (Phenomenal Remix)

Kane Knight
11-09-2005, 08:26 PM
Yeah, but TNA would have to pay a buttload to do it. They would be better off knocking it off. In fact, why doesn't TNA hire Jimmy Hart. They could finally get 7/8ths of the roster some decent themes.

Fuck that, Hire me. I can do most of the shit required to come up with WWE-level compositions. Gimmec access to a studio and a band, and you;'ll have your fucking themes. Or Protools and Jeff Hardy. Either way.

Shadow
11-09-2005, 08:45 PM
Yeah but if you do get him in studio...you'll end up killing him and last time I checked...murder is frowned upon in Florida.

Kane Knight
11-09-2005, 10:24 PM
Yeah but if you do get him in studio...you'll end up killing him and last time I checked...murder is frowned upon in Florida.

Post Production. That's why they call me <s>Puff Daddy</s> <s>P.</s> Diddy.

The Naitch
11-09-2005, 10:27 PM
K. Kiddy

Batsu
11-09-2005, 10:32 PM
Good move on Christian's part.

Evil Vito
11-09-2005, 11:25 PM
<font color=goldenrod>sssssss Captain Charisma</font> :cool:

Shaggy
11-09-2005, 11:32 PM
Word is that TNA started making promotional videos for Christian already...except instead of saying Christian Cage or Christian...they have him going by the name.....Chris Jin.....

Corkscrewed
11-10-2005, 03:57 AM
Sweet, they can market Captain Charisma. :y: :y:

TerranRich
11-10-2005, 10:02 AM
Meh it's basically the only theme he had beside the At Last and the one Tomko uses, and WWE owns those so I figured since Waterproof Blonde did it he could still us it.

Actually, Christian had about 6-8 themes, not even counting the ones he shared with Edge and the Brood. For some strange reason I can't access my own themes site (in progress) from work, but I know there were about 3 versions of "At Least", the Tomko theme, "Blood Brother", another he used before or after that, and his current Waterproof Blonde theme.

Disturbed316
11-10-2005, 10:06 AM
I thought some dude already owned the Captain Charisma trademark?

Kane Knight
11-10-2005, 10:09 AM
Waterproof Blonde, at least, was not a WWE in house theme. Though his previous ones may have been production themes, I don't know.

TerranRich
11-10-2005, 10:12 AM
He had like one production theme, IIRC. The rest were in-house, except for WB obviously.

Kane Knight
11-10-2005, 10:12 AM
I thought some dude already owned the Captain Charisma trademark?

That was the report on the 'net.

Possibilities:

1. the report was false. Whatever reason they yanked CC merch was not tied to someone owning the name.

2. It wasn't Captain Charisma, but another aspect of the merch which violated trademark. Less likely.

3. Mister Reso worked out a deal with the rights holder.

4. This was an underhanded move.

TerranRich
11-10-2005, 10:16 AM
Christian's Themes:

• 1st – [Brood 1st Theme]
• 2nd – “Project Gothic”
• 3rd – “Blood Brother (Original)”
• 4th – “Blood Brother (Version 2)”
• 5th – [Edge & Christian 3rd / Edge 3rd Theme]
• 6th – [Edge & Christian 4th / Edge 4th Theme]
• 7th – “At Last (Original)”
• 8th – “At Last (Version 2)”
• 9th – [Un-Americans 1st Theme]
• 10th – “At Last (Version 3)”
• 11th – “Peepulation”
• 12th – “Just Close Your Eyes (WWE Edit)” by Waterproof Blonde

Xero
11-10-2005, 10:27 AM
Christian's Themes:

• 1st – [Brood 1st Theme]
• 2nd – “Project Gothic”
• 3rd – “Blood Brother (Original)”
• 4th – “Blood Brother (Version 2)”
• 5th – [Edge & Christian 3rd / Edge 3rd Theme]
• 6th – [Edge & Christian 4th / Edge 4th Theme]
• 7th – “At Last (Original)”
• 8th – “At Last (Version 2)”
• 9th – [Un-Americans 1st Theme]
• 10th – “At Last (Version 3)”
• 11th – “Peepulation”
• 12th – “Just Close Your Eyes (WWE Edit)” by Waterproof Blonde
Yeah, so 6. Edits really don't count as they sound similar and have the same basic use.

TerranRich
11-10-2005, 10:29 AM
Not all the time, Xero. For example, the versions of Mick Foley's "Wreck" sound quite different from each other. Christian's "At Last" themes sound a bit different too. I think different enough to be considered separate. But that's just me. :p

Kane Knight
11-10-2005, 10:39 AM
Not all the time, Xero. For example, the versions of Mick Foley's "Wreck" sound quite different from each other. Christian's "At Last" themes sound a bit different too. I think different enough to be considered separate. But that's just me. :p

Two of the versions could be considered separate entities, but I'm not sure the other one would really count as more than a remix.

Sometimes they are separate entities. Usually, they're not. Undertaker's had a couple of HUGELY different versions of his same theme.

DarkAngel
11-10-2005, 10:43 AM
:love: :love: :love:

Xero
11-10-2005, 10:43 AM
Yeah, I'm not talking about DRASTIC changes, like when the Undertaker went from all instrumental to lyrics, but smaller ones, like when he went from his first American Bad Ass theme to the one with heavier guitars.

Kane Knight
11-10-2005, 10:48 AM
Yeah, I'm not talking about DRASTIC changes, like when the Undertaker went from all instrumental to lyrics, but smaller ones, like when he went from his first American Bad Ass theme to the one with heavier guitars.

But The "At Last" changes included at least one significantly different version.

Pepsi Man
11-10-2005, 10:49 AM
I could've sworn they had Hart, and that he did do work on the TNA theme music, which is why the Raven and Shane Douglas themes were such good ripoffs.

Xero
11-10-2005, 10:51 AM
But The "At Last" changes included at least one significantly different version.
Yeah, you're right. So 7...

But isn't the other At Last theme just Tomko's theme with the intro?

CSL
11-10-2005, 11:33 AM
I mark out everytime I hear AJ Styles- I Am (Phenomenal Remix)

<font color=white>Who sings that song 'cause I've had it on Media Player for like ever and still don't know who the artist is</font>

CSL
11-10-2005, 11:35 AM

<font color=white>And that version that he used for a few weeks was way better than the one they settled for in the end</font>

McLegend
11-10-2005, 05:09 PM
Is "Cause thats how I roll" trademarked by the WWE?

BigDaddyCool
11-10-2005, 05:48 PM
So what movie is 4C going to be in?