PDA

View Full Version : How will Eddie Guerrero's death redirect storylines...

The One
11-14-2005, 02:57 PM
Before I begin, I realise I havn't posted a Eulogy, or a picture, or anything like that....I would like to clarify that my lack of involvment with all of that does not mean I am not mourning, I however choose to do such things personally and alone, where I can find the most comfort. For what it is worth, please know his passing has deeply impacted me.

That having been said, Eddie Guerrero was involved in some rather large storylines. The first of which was the Triple Threat Title Match on SmackDown and his place on the SmackDown team at Survivor Series. More then that his nephew, Chavo Guerrero has been making his most recent run as someone who has disowned his own nationality. Being how close Chavo and Eddie were, and added to the fact that Chavo never liked Kerwin in the first place, and on top of that Eddie was always VERY proud of his culture...how to you see the Survivor Series match, the Title Match, and Chavo's future all panning out? Will everything continue after this week with nothing changing other then some replacments in said matches? Or do you think his untimely death could/would actually change the entire direction of certain storylines?

Cooler Tom Schuler
11-14-2005, 03:09 PM
I think the Kerwin White gimmick will be completely dropped without explanation, and I'd expect him to be moved to SD to take Eddie's place in the Survivor Series match.

redoneja
11-14-2005, 03:44 PM
I think the Kerwin White gimmick will be completely dropped without explanation, and I'd expect him to be moved to SD to take Eddie's place in the Survivor Series match.

Yeah I agree with this.

One thing that I don't know is what they are going to do with the WHC situation since Batista is injured. But they have till next Tuesday to decide. Also, if Batista was suppossed to get hurt(in the storyline) and drop out of SS, they will have to replace two members of Team Smackdown now.

Mr. Nerfect
11-14-2005, 03:52 PM
I just can't seem them keeping the Kerwin White character around, nor keeping Chavo Guerrero a heel. At least not a heel for the next few months. I see Chavo being added to SmackDown!, replacing his uncle in every match he was scheduled in. So Chavo in a Triple Threat for the World Heavyweight Championship next week (which I would love to see Chavo win as a tribute to Eddie) and in Team SmackDown! at Survivor Series.

addy2hotty
11-14-2005, 03:53 PM
Yeah I agree with this.

One thing that I don't know is what they are going to do with the WHC situation since Batista is injured. But they have till next Tuesday to decide. Also, if Batista was suppossed to get hurt(in the storyline) and drop out of SS, they will have to replace two members of Team Smackdown now.

I would like them to add Chavo to the team and have a 5 on 4 match. Therefore not 'replacing' him as such. Have Rey say that he's there in 'spirit' and that they don't need another member. Adds feeling to the match, as well as garnering support for the 'weaker' SD brand.

Have Chavo pin HBK after a frog splash, and the tribute would be complete.

Not disrespectful, maybe kinda what would happen in 'real-life', and in a sense, very very fitting.

As for the WHC, I honestly think only a face champion will do right now. If Orton takes the title off Dave, then its going to be hard for him to have a good run what with him fighting Taker at SS (from what I guess) and thoughts being towards Eddie maybe supposed to win the title himself. Problem is, Benoit is in the middle of a Booker T feud so would be hard for him to get out of that. Perhaps Rey Rey, just as an interim champion. Just for amonth or so, until all the dust has settled.

All of the above felt very surreal typing.

KingofOldSchool
11-14-2005, 03:58 PM
I wouldn't like to see Chavo get a major sympathy push. If anything the Kerwin White gimmick should be dropped and then goto Smackdown and go after the United States title.

Mr. Nerfect
11-14-2005, 04:07 PM
Granted, a sympathy push is a bit much. I would love to see Chris Benoit givent he WWE United States Title again, maybe he and Chavo can have a series of matches trading it a few times?

If Triple H beats Ric Flair at Survivor Series, and becomes the new WWE Intercontinental Champion (assuming the title is on the line), I would love to see a face Chavo Guerrero (still on RAW) take it from him.

Either way, I think it is appropriate to drop the Kerwin White gimmick, and slowly, but steadily build Chavo up as a respected performer. Just out of consideration to the name "Guerrero".

Mr. Nerfect
11-14-2005, 04:10 PM
I would like them to add Chavo to the team and have a 5 on 4 match. Therefore not 'replacing' him as such. Have Rey say that he's there in 'spirit' and that they don't need another member. Adds feeling to the match, as well as garnering support for the 'weaker' SD brand.

Have Chavo pin HBK after a frog splash, and the tribute would be complete.

Not disrespectful, maybe kinda what would happen in 'real-life', and in a sense, very very fitting.

As for the WHC, I honestly think only a face champion will do right now. If Orton takes the title off Dave, then its going to be hard for him to have a good run what with him fighting Taker at SS (from what I guess) and thoughts being towards Eddie maybe supposed to win the title himself. Problem is, Benoit is in the middle of a Booker T feud so would be hard for him to get out of that. Perhaps Rey Rey, just as an interim champion. Just for amonth or so, until all the dust has settled.

All of the above felt very surreal typing.

I would love to see Team SmackDown! go in with only four members. Rey Mysterio, Bobby Lashley, JBL & Chavo Guerrero winning could potentially be the face victory of the year.

Kane Knight
11-14-2005, 04:10 PM
As a short term solution, many people can step up to the plate. Chavo should go to Smackdown anyway, as he can at least make up for the number lost, if not the skill lost. Have him defend Eddie's honor or whatever in the SS match, but don't push him for the title or anything. Not unless he can hold it under his own momentum (Sorry, don't think he can).

How long does Batista need to heal? Is he seriously injured

redoneja
11-14-2005, 04:12 PM
If he opts for surgery he will be out 3 months. If he doesn't then he will come back sooner, but he will be more prone to the injury occuring again.

Funky Fly
11-14-2005, 04:14 PM
It was mentioned on WWE.com that he has a choice: sugery, which will put him out for 3 months OR rehabbing his back. They didn't say ho long the rehab would take.

Also, he is working survivor series no matter what.

Funky Fly
11-14-2005, 04:15 PM
That redninja and his speed typing.

CharismaInjection
11-14-2005, 04:16 PM
I believe SD has to win the SS match now.

I want Chavo to return to Smackdown as Chavo Guerrero.

Extreme Angle
11-14-2005, 04:56 PM
ye i agree totally kerwin should go because white aint right. then he comes to SD as Chavo and then do everything addy2hotty said.

Chavo Classic
11-14-2005, 05:21 PM
I was going to wait before posting something like this, but no time better than the present I guess.

There is a huge void in Smackdown down. The brand needs one more face to fill the void left by Eddie's unfortunate death, but I think moving Chavo over is perhaps too blatant. No-one can really replace Eddie, and I imagine Chavo wouldn't want/like to be seen as a replacement for his uncle either.

Keep Chavo on Raw, but obviously drop the Kerwin White gimmick. It's almost disrespectful enough already, especially now after this weekend's terrible news. Perhaps a completely new face to fill the void in Smackdown? Perhaps a push for the returning RVD?

Mr. Nerfect
11-14-2005, 05:33 PM
Do you think they will do an "Eddie Guerrero Tribute Match", much like Bret Hart and Chris Benoit did for Owen in WCW?

I would pay PPV price alone for Chris Benoit vs. Dean Malenko in a match dedicated to the spirit of Eddie Guerrero. Perhaps at Survivor Series? It cuts into the WWE United States Championship program, and Dean Malenko if officially retired, but I really think both Benoit and Malenko would be ready to go at it for 20 minutes or so in honour of Eddie. I know this is probably going to sound like it is designed to play off Eddie's death, but it's not: the WWE could get some serious buyrates off a show dedicated to Eddie Guerrero. Not as a money-making scheme, but as a final token of appreciation to a man who thought he wasn't good enough, even though he was one of, if not, the very best.

redoneja
11-14-2005, 05:38 PM
Do you think they will do an "Eddie Guerrero Tribute Match", much like Bret Hart and Chris Benoit did for Owen in WCW?

I would pay PPV price alone for Chris Benoit vs. Dean Malenko in a match dedicated to the spirit of Eddie Guerrero. Perhaps at Survivor Series? It cuts into the WWE United States Championship program, and Dean Malenko if officially retired, but I really think both Benoit and Malenko would be ready to go at it for 20 minutes or so in honour of Eddie. I know this is probably going to sound like it is designed to play off Eddie's death, but it's not: the WWE could get some serious buyrates off a show dedicated to Eddie Guerrero. Not as a money-making scheme, but as a final token of appreciation to a man who thought he wasn't good enough, even though he was one of, if not, the very best.

Have the money raised for this go to his family.

Savio
11-14-2005, 06:00 PM
I think the Kerwin White gimmick will be completely dropped without explanation, and I'd expect him to be moved to SD to take Eddie's place in the Survivor Series match.I'd like to see him take eddies place and Benoit take Bats place and have them be the last 2 survivors.

Ruien
11-14-2005, 06:05 PM
Redoneja, do you play starkingdoms by any chance?

Also, Chavo should replace him in the SS match and get the victory in the match. Do not give him the WHC, he can't hold it.

redoneja
11-14-2005, 06:35 PM
I havent played Starkingdoms in about 5 years and even then I only played for about a month.

Corkscrewed
11-15-2005, 01:09 AM
My feelings echo most of the others. Drop the Kerwin White gimmick. Heck, they may have already.

Batista will probably go on as champ a little longer (this may be a little detrimental to him, but I can imagine management telling him to stick it out a little longer, and I think being the guy he is, Dave himself would want to hold out a little longer until they sort things out).

The other consequence is that they could simply drop the Taker program. Taker was buried, game over. Taker comes back later, but he's detached from Orton. They haven't really committed to continuing the Orton/Taker program on TV. It's just that we know more than the average fan and are expecting it. But it doesn't technically have to go through.

Afterlife
11-15-2005, 01:44 AM
Since we're talking story-wise, throwing Chavo in SD to battle for brand loyalty wouldn't make sense to anyone on any level, seeing as how he'd only be there for 2 weeks. I mean, he was there before, yes, but two weeks and he's got a spot in an I Love SmackDown! match? It just doesn't flow. I say keep him on Raw.

I just kinda hope he keeps Nameth around. Not that I like Nameth-- in fact, quite the contrary is tru. But the kid just started out, and it'd be a shame for him to be thrown into the shadow of these unfortunate times and be lost in gimmick limbo like so many others.

I say, have Kennedy take the open spot on the SD team. Partly b/c his qualifying match was with Eddie, so he may feel a bit of a connection there. Again, story-wise, he could claim that he didn't really lose, he just fell to one of Guerrero's trademark cheats. Gotta play it facy, b/c of the issue -- have him call it an honor to be Guerrero's last "victim", as it were, but have him also "remorseful". Say he feels guilty that the last time he saw Eddie it was after bashing his face with a chair, and he needs to make up for it.

After that, you can keep him the loudmouth dick that his character is, but it's a way to fill the #5 spot. Just an idea.

Mr. Nerfect
11-15-2005, 02:48 AM
This whole Eddie Guerrero thing is much bigger than RAW vs. SmackDown!. Chavo could ideally take Eddie's place, since he's his relative. He doesn't need to defend SmackDown!, but he can defend his uncle's place in SmackDown!'s ranks.

Afterlife
11-15-2005, 11:46 PM
Why would he need to do that?

Kane Knight
11-15-2005, 11:49 PM
Since we're talking story-wise, throwing Chavo in SD to battle for brand loyalty wouldn't make sense to anyone on any level, seeing as how he'd only be there for 2 weeks. I mean, he was there before, yes, but two weeks and he's got a spot in an I Love SmackDown! match? It just doesn't flow. I say keep him on Raw.

Well, he doesn't have to move back. Also, it's about pride. He's stepping up for his "brother," and taking up the slack from his loss.