PDA

View Full Version : JBL

Marc the Smark
11-15-2005, 12:21 PM
I have a whole new respect for this guy, and for his work. In fact, I'd say he's one of the best heels in the WWE right now, and the passing of Eddie showed me that. Check out Bradshaw's comments about Eddie on WWE Unlimited, and you'll be reminded of just what kinda guy Eddie was.

BigDaddyCool
11-15-2005, 12:36 PM
Yes, it was very nice. Just remeber, JBL's year long title run just makes Eddie's title run look even more legit.

Kane Knight
11-15-2005, 12:47 PM
JBL is a promoing GOD.

Corkscrewed
11-15-2005, 05:32 PM
Well, maybe it's just time passing from all the controversial stuff early in his run, but JBL's comment gaves me a new respect for him as well. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I've always said that if it wasn't for his backstage bullying stuff, I'd be a huge fan, because he's quite the entertaining character.

So maybe he's not that bad, I guess. Certainly has more love for wrestling than I ever gave him credit for. :o

The One
11-15-2005, 05:36 PM
Didn't we all get over his backstage antics and the Goose-Stepping already? I thought most of us had made peace and gone on with the idea that he in one of the better heels currently...

But yeah, he is good. No god, but certainly good. And now I am off to go watch his unlimited segment.

Kane Knight
11-15-2005, 08:06 PM
Yeah, I think we all swallowed a heaping helping of pride about 18 months ago?

Corkscrewed
11-15-2005, 08:45 PM
Well, that's basically what I was saying. But at the same time, I'm not a bandwagon hopper, so I'm not just going to forget things for the sake of convenience.

Kane Knight
11-15-2005, 09:14 PM
Well, that's basically what I was saying. But at the same time, I'm not a bandwagon hopper, so I'm not just going to forget things for the sake of convenience.

Oh, I haven't forgotten either. And if I met the man himself, I'd probably hit him with a sack of bricks. Or tell Brock he's been on the internet and run before Lesnar questions how I know.

But then, the same's true of Michaels. And I am a fan of HBK because he's fucking stellar.

JBL is awesome on the mic, and I'm a fan despite the urge to kill.

mrslackalack
11-16-2005, 01:02 PM
I think JBL could be a great face if given the chance to. But then again Smackdown would lack heels.

Chavo Classic
11-16-2005, 07:27 PM
JBL is a promoing GOD.

You know, you're absolutely right. The one promo sticks out in my mind is the one he gave after he was fired from his media job following the Nazi-salute incident.

Would it be possible to give JBL a face role? Do you think he could win us over with those promo skills?

Kane Knight
11-16-2005, 07:28 PM
IT depends on how he did it. I think he could be a face, but he's so damned good as a heel (And Smackdown lacks them somehow bad)...

Chavo Classic
11-16-2005, 07:33 PM
With Eddie's passing, I can't see any better time for a JBL face-turn.

Heels are easy to make... just clobber Batista with a chair. Good faces are few and far between, JBL's promo skills and brawling style could be enough.

Kane Knight
11-16-2005, 07:35 PM
With Eddie's passing, I can't see any better time for a JBL face-turn.

Heels are easy to make... just clobber Batista with a chair. Good faces are few and far between, JBL's promo skills and brawling style could be enough.

Could be. Might not be, too. It's difficult to tell. Turning someone heel is easier than turning them face. Even beating up a heel won't make you face...

Though the WWE can just edit his crowd responses.

Chavo Classic
11-16-2005, 07:37 PM
Though the WWE can just edit his crowd responses.

Oi! We're talking about JBL here, not Holly. Stop changing the subject!

Chavo Classic
11-16-2005, 07:39 PM
Naw, in all seriousness - JBL could be a very good face. He has all the qualities the WWE requires from their top guys. The method and manner how they'd turn JBL face would sure make for some entertaining television.

Kane Knight
11-16-2005, 07:44 PM
You could have him keep going with the whole "Mister Smackdown" Thing, and face off against Ken Kennedy...

Okay, I KNOW someone's gonna say it.

redoneja
11-16-2005, 07:46 PM
I've been a fan of JBL from day 1. The only thing I hated about his title reign was that he never got ANY clean wins over anyone.

redoneja
11-16-2005, 07:46 PM
........KENNEDY

Chavo Classic
11-16-2005, 07:47 PM
I just realised the last time I saw Eddie, Kennedy was bouncing a chair off his head. :sad:

...and then I realised that before that, he was doing his old laying on the mat feigning an illegal chair assault. Classic Eddie to the end. Anyway I can't see why JBL can't be a heel. We need Alenoid here to create some lengthy and twisted scenario which could compliment these ideas.

Kane Knight
11-16-2005, 07:48 PM
I've been a fan of JBL from day 1. The only thing I hated about his title reign was that he never got ANY clean wins over anyone.

The thing I hated was that he made no effort to improve his in-ring abilities. That's what kept killing him for me. He doesn't need to be Chris Benoit, but I'd settle for anything above what he was.

Kane Knight
11-16-2005, 07:49 PM
I just realised the last time I saw Eddie, Kennedy was bouncing a chair off his head. :sad:

Little slow on the uptake, here?

redoneja
11-16-2005, 07:51 PM
The thing I hated was that he made no effort to improve his in-ring abilities. That's what kept killing him for me. He doesn't need to be Chris Benoit, but I'd settle for anything above what he was.

Yeah, I agree to an extent. But as much as I love technical wrestling, I will consider myself a Hogan mark(but not one that will defend him like he's Jesus). So I tend to give a little leeway to guys like JBL, Masters, etc.

Chavo Classic
11-16-2005, 07:52 PM
Little slow on the uptake, here?

To be honest, I've not really had time to think about it. Now I've sat down for the first time in weeks and actually gone through all the posts and threads, I've realised what a tragedy it is. To see how many people are genuinely affected is... overwhelming.

Anyway, this is in danger of becoming another Eddie thread so....

JBL!

Kane Knight
11-16-2005, 07:54 PM
Yeah, I agree to an extent. But as much as I love technical wrestling, I will consider myself a Hogan mark(but not one that will defend him like he's Jesus). So I tend to give a little leeway to guys like JBL, Masters, etc.

I'm not looking for technical. I mean, I like Batista. The guy's rough, slow, and green, but he's solid.

Kane Knight
11-16-2005, 07:54 PM
To be honest, I've not really had time to think about it. Now I've sat down for the first time in weeks and actually gone through all the posts and threads, I've realised what a tragedy it is. To see how many people are genuinely affected is... overwhelming.

Anyway, this is in danger of becoming another Eddie thread so....

JBL!

...Layfield....

Chavo Classic
11-16-2005, 07:55 PM
Batista does exactly what it says on the tin. He does what is required of him and he's always improving. You can't really fault the guy

redoneja
11-16-2005, 07:56 PM
I'm not looking for technical. I mean, I like Batista. The guy's rough, slow, and green, but he's solid.

Oh yeah, I got what you were saying. I was just explaining my position on this since I have constantly professed my love for technical style wrestling. I didn't want to look like a hypocrite.

Kane Knight
11-16-2005, 07:57 PM
Batista does exactly what it says on the tin. He does what is required of him and he's always improving. You can't really fault the guy

I agree. but he's not a technical wrestler. Bottom line, he's a good example of what I'd like to see JBL. Batista's even getting better on the mic. Though most of the best stuff was from his chemistry with Eddie.

Sorry to mention them again. Just really loved them as a duo, even if Eddie was probably gonna lie, cheat, and turn heel.

Kane Knight
11-16-2005, 08:01 PM
Oh yeah, I got what you were saying. I was just explaining my position on this since I have constantly professed my love for technical style wrestling. I didn't want to look like a hypocrite.

Yeah. I love entertainment. If you're a luchadore, a technical wrestler, a bralwer, you can still be good. It's all a matter of entertaining. I wouldn't mind Masters if he wasn't shit in the ring and boring on top.

I most heavily praise the technicals, because very few people can top Angle and Benoit. PERIOD. But still, I don't need a set style to be impressed. Hell, I'd even like Hogan, but I still don't get what made him so over. And I don't go with the crowd for no reason. Charisma's kind of a hit or miss thing.