PDA

View Full Version : JUST IN: the cause of Eddie's death

Marc the Smark
11-15-2005, 12:41 PM
Vickie Guerrero speaks on Eddie's autopsy report
Nov. 15, 2005

After the untimely passing of Eddie Guerrero, WWE and the entire sports-entertainment community is steel reeling from the devastating loss of a champion. The initial autopsy reports on Guerrero have come in. WWE.com spoke with Eddie’s widow, Vickie Guerrero, earlier today.

“It was heart failure. It was from his past – the drinking and the drug abuse. They found signs of heart disease. She (the examiner) said that the blood vessels were very worn and narrow, and that just showed all the abuse from the scheduling of work and his past. And Eddie just worked out like crazy all the time. It made his heart grow bigger and work harder and the vessels were getting smaller, and that’s what caused the heart failure. He went into a deep sleep.

As soon as they saw his heart, they saw the lining of his heart already had the heart disease. There was no trauma, and Eddie hadn’t hurt himself in any way. It answered a lot of questions. I knew Eddie wasn’t feeling very good for the last week. He was home and kept saying he wasn’t feeling good and we thought it was just “road tired.” So we thought he just had to rest. It answered a lot of my questions, too, because he was just so exhausted. She said it was normal because the heart was working so hard.

When he didn’t call me last night and the night before I knew it was for real, because he would call me every night. I miss his phone calls. I cried through the whole thing (last night).

I loved his laugh. His laugh was the best.

We just celebrated his four-year sobriety last Thursday. We just thought we had life by the handful. We thought we had it all figured out. He worked so hard to make a better life for us.

I’m just overwhelmed by how people are coming out. It’s touched my heart a lot.

Everybody was just in awe last night in how beautifully everything was put together.

All my life was wrestling. All he did was take care of them and live for that. And I don’t know what to do now.”

from wwe.com

BigDaddyCool
11-15-2005, 12:47 PM
Yeah, I hate to say it, but I'm not suprised.

CSL
11-15-2005, 12:54 PM
<font color=white>Reading that has made my hairs stand on end.</font>

Lara Emily
11-15-2005, 12:54 PM
I'm just glad at very least it was damage from the past and not the present

Kane Knight
11-15-2005, 12:59 PM
Wow. I was spot on.

Not very comforting, but still.

It's good to know he didn't suffer, that he wasn't drinking or doing drugs, and that it wasn't due to injuries or anything.

Still...:(

Marc the Smark
11-15-2005, 01:00 PM
It's so sad though. He'd been clean for four years and it all still affected him. I didn't think that was possible.

CharismaInjection
11-15-2005, 01:03 PM
There was nothing anyone could've done to save him.

Kane Knight
11-15-2005, 01:06 PM
There was nothing anyone could've done to save him.Actually, there's quite a bit you can do to deal with heart disease, and he could have saved himself, but he didn't.

CharismaInjection
11-15-2005, 01:12 PM
KK, it's just a way to make people feel better but if you want to get *technical*

I also kind of meant, the last day, it's too late then.

BigDaddyCool
11-15-2005, 01:14 PM
Yeah, he could have saves himself by not working out so much. I mean looking like you are on steriods, even when you aren't, isn't a good thing because you have pushed your body futher than it should go. Replacing drug abuse and drinking with working out isn't good. Too much of anything can be bad.

The Gooch
11-15-2005, 01:18 PM
Here's hoping some good may come of this and that the wrestlers start going for more check-ups as I agree with KK if diagnosed this death probably could have been prevented.

Personally I would push for semi-annual medical clearance for all wrestlers, but that may be excessive and the WWE would probably not go for it.

VonErich Lives
11-15-2005, 01:20 PM
So, I wonder when his last checkup was, something like that could/should have been caught sooner.

Maybe the Congress should leave baseball alone for a fit, and focus on wrestling. Steroid testing, proper physicals...

Fryza
11-15-2005, 01:24 PM
I'm just glad it wasn't from drugs of one form or another. I suspected heart failure, but, still... Terrible...

The Gooch
11-15-2005, 01:30 PM
Small Spoilers from RAW...

Did anyone else think that when Batista brought up the pain that Eddie was in, that Pain Killers may have been the problem?

I know that Eddie was sober, but did that include meds? Not that it matters to me, but I do believe the problems associated with pain killers are very often swept under the carpet.

Pepsi Man
11-15-2005, 01:33 PM
Small Spoilers from RAW...

Did anyone else think that when Batista brought up the pain that Eddie was in, that Pain Killers may have been the problem?

I know that Eddie was sober, but did that include meds? Not that it matters to me, but I do believe the problems associated with pain killers are very often swept under the carpet.
I believe it crossed many of our minds, whether some want to admit it or not. I didn't jump to a conclusion, but the thought did cross my mind.

BigDaddyCool
11-15-2005, 01:37 PM
Here's hoping some good may come of this and that the wrestlers start going for more check-ups as I agree with KK if diagnosed this death probably could have been prevented.

Personally I would push for semi-annual medical clearance for all wrestlers, but that may be excessive and the WWE would probably not go for it.

Death can't be prevented, only delayed.

The Gooch
11-15-2005, 02:00 PM

Yeah, but when you are in a business when far too many of the workers are dying in their 30-50's, any delay would be welcome.

Although personally I believe wrestling needs a union, if that can't happen, there needs to be something that helps these guys out. Some regulating body if Vince and Co. doesn't want to step up to the plate and protect these guys.

Kane Knight
11-15-2005, 02:47 PM
KK, it's just a way to make people feel better but if you want to get *technical*

I also kind of meant, the last day, it's too late then.

For the record, I've been overwhelmingly positive. However, in terms of cause of death, it's hard to be that positive.

Anyway, the reason I pointed this out is that I'm having another bout of disgust with the welfare of the superstars. This shit should have been nipped in the bud. I wonder how it went undected for so long...Especially with a history of substance abuse.

And worse, since the WWE was partnered with Spike, and they were running that "Check up or check out" campaign.

Kane Knight
11-15-2005, 02:48 PM

But major heart problems can.

Jalapeņo
11-15-2005, 02:49 PM
The mark response I've been getting is:

He got hit in the head with a chair, and that's what killed him because he got a concussion.

or.

Ken Kennedy killed him.

addy2hotty
11-15-2005, 03:07 PM
It's unimaginable someone just 'stopping'.

I'm glad he didn't suffer. He had enough of that in the past. Perhaps, somewhere, there's some justice in that.

Gertner
11-15-2005, 03:36 PM
see this is why we all gotta get ourselves checked every year. you can never be too careful.

I'm going for a yearly physical on thursday and I run distance races and work out 6 days a week, and I worry about my health

Shadow
11-15-2005, 03:50 PM
Poor Eddie. I was hoping it wasn't heart disease though. My family has a history of that so I know how hard this can be to detech or prevent.

Still sucks though.

Corkscrewed
11-15-2005, 04:43 PM
I'm surprised at how fast the report came out. This still sucks. But given this report, we can confirm that steroids played no part of it at all, and that he didn't take them?

If that's so, that's a big relief.

But it's still tragic to think about it and realize that what it all comes down to is that he worked himself to death. Plain and simple, everything, from his demons to just his everday ethic, stems from having such a passion that he worked himself to death.

He literally gave his life to the sport. It's a cliche these days, but Eddie truly did it.

At least he is in peace now. Indeed, he's been freed. No more pain for him.

Nervous Ferret
11-15-2005, 04:45 PM
Yeah, I hate to say it, but I'm not suprised.

YOUR Hero
11-16-2005, 12:39 AM
So, I wonder when his last checkup was, something like that could/should have been caught sooner.

Maybe the Congress should leave baseball alone for a fit, and focus on wrestling. Steroid testing, proper physicals...

That's a real good idea.

The Naitch
11-16-2005, 12:44 AM
He looked like he was on a cycle in the summer (he was heel and looked fucking hard and big. Around October/November he obviosuly looked smaller and not as hard, because at this time if he was taking the cycle, he was coming off of it)

Say what you want, but I've studied roids and this seems logical

Kane Knight
11-16-2005, 01:11 AM
That's a real good idea.

Is it?

I mean, much as I try, I can't see them wasting their time on a fake sport.

Then again, it's probably as valid as their baseball queries, so I don't really care to argue. All things considered, I think wrestling needs to take care of wrestling, because I don't see the feds doing shit about it.

Kane Knight
11-16-2005, 01:16 AM
He looked like he was on a cycle in the summer (he was heel and looked fucking hard and big. Around October/November he obviosuly looked smaller and not as hard, because at this time if he was taking the cycle, he was coming off of it)

Say what you want, but I've studied roids and this seems logical

It may seem logical, but consider that the steroids are not likely to be the COD.

Eddie had a history of subtance abuse, which can easily lead to this sort of problem. In case anyone is thinking steroids.

The Naitch
11-16-2005, 02:37 AM
It may seem logical, but consider that the steroids are not likely to be the COD.

Eddie had a history of subtance abuse, which can easily lead to this sort of problem. In case anyone is thinking steroids.

not exactly the COD, but who knows. It could've been the one to push the rock over the cliff

The Gooch
11-16-2005, 07:43 AM
Is it?

I mean, much as I try, I can't see them wasting their time on a fake sport.

Then again, it's probably as valid as their baseball queries, so I don't really care to argue. All things considered, I think wrestling needs to take care of wrestling, because I don't see the feds doing shit about it.

KK do you think that the WWE or TNA will step up to the plate when it comes to this issue? I would hope that they would given all the deaths that have occurred in this industry. Honestly though, I think that they will do nothing, which is why I hope a governing body or a Union would step in and take care of these employees.

Kane Knight
11-16-2005, 10:26 AM
KK do you think that the WWE or TNA will step up to the plate when it comes to this issue? I would hope that they would given all the deaths that have occurred in this industry. Honestly though, I think that they will do nothing, which is why I hope a governing body or a Union would step in and take care of these employees.

If The WWE were to step up, it would have been at a time when active wrestlers were dying left and right. We lost the Hart Foundation in a relatively short period of time...And nothing changed. TNA might care about their wrestlers, but I don't see any revolutions coming...