PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Rider trailer

Jason Cage
11-18-2005, 01:39 AM
http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movies/ghostrider.php

At first I thought Cage would have been terrible for the role,but his face structure looks more appealing now...

Anyway, I dunno I just hope they dont assrape it. It looks so-so from the trailers, something you'd wnana see just cause it looks cool...which isn't a very good thing for the comic.

Funky Fly
11-18-2005, 05:28 AM
Should have gotten someone younger.

Dave Youell
11-18-2005, 08:45 AM
That looks pretty dam cool

The Answer
11-19-2005, 01:51 PM
LOL at the cop at the end :rofl: :rofl: :y: :y: . Must see

Shadow
11-19-2005, 08:27 PM
I have to agree sorta with FF. They should've gotton someone younger but hey...Cage works.

Wiggarachi
11-20-2005, 05:00 AM
parts of this movie were filmed in the street next to mine

Funky Fly
11-20-2005, 03:27 PM
So did you get to see cage or a guy with green screen paint on his face?

Crashnburn
11-22-2005, 11:06 AM
From the trailer it looks we're going to be seeing more of Cage then of Ghost Rider.... I don't know if that's really good for the story, but I also see the point that you don't exactly have somebody like Cage in your movie and then just cover his head up with cgi or some kind of make up.

Bo
11-26-2005, 01:14 AM
Forget Cage. Sam Elliot always gives me a reason to see a movie.

Vastardikai
12-02-2005, 12:00 PM
I just hope Henry Rollins has some sort of Cameo...

BlackDawn2024
12-02-2005, 02:26 PM
:n: :n:

Everyone Else In The World>>>>>>>>Nicholas Cage

Kane Knight
12-02-2005, 03:27 PM
From the trailer it looks we're going to be seeing more of Cage then of Ghost Rider.... I don't know if that's really good for the story, but I also see the point that you don't exactly have somebody like Cage in your movie and then just cover his head up with cgi or some kind of make up.

Devil's Advocate here...

But maybe...You shouldn't...Hire a big name...For a character like this then.

I mean, it's a good point, but it shows more why you shouldn't have Cage as the Rider.

I can't wait for the usual suspects to turn into soggy cunts and whine about how Cage is an awesome actor...

Shadow
12-03-2005, 05:08 PM

YOu know...there's something about over using your title character in a movie about him. Gee...didn't we see that with the Hulk?

Crashnburn
12-05-2005, 10:41 AM
Devil's Advocate here...

But maybe...You shouldn't...Hire a big name...For a character like this then.

I mean, it's a good point, but it shows more why you shouldn't have Cage as the Rider.

I can't wait for the usual suspects to turn into soggy cunts and whine about how Cage is an awesome actor...

I agree with you but apparently Cage had a hard on for this movie/character and helped to produce the movie. So I can understand Avi Arad's position when Nicholas Cage came knocking at his door and said that he wanted to help produce and star in the movie. You don't really say no to an "A list" star for your little superhero movie.

Kane Knight
12-05-2005, 10:47 AM
Sure you can.

Especially when it's cage. :D

BlackDawn2024
12-05-2005, 07:52 PM
You don't really say no to an "A list" star for your little superhero movie.

Cage is an A-list star? When did this happen?

Blitz
05-23-2006, 11:53 PM
Bump.

Yeah, so there's a new trailer out. Some of it looks pretty good, but some of the CG shots of Ghost Rider look pretty bad. Dunno about this.

RP
05-24-2006, 05:03 AM
Some of you are fucking idiots. Nicholas Cage is a pretty damn good actor. Sure some of his movies are hit and miss. But i personally ( Along with Tom Cruise ) enjoy watching him on screen in alot of his movies. Movies like Lord Of War, Leaving Las Vegas, City Of Angels ( i liked it anyways ) and alot of others. I dont know what to think of him as a Comic Book charachter ( and i cant watch the trailer for some reason ), but i'm not gunna sit here and act like i hate Nic Cage cause its " Cool " . I love some of that guys movies and i like his overall presence he brings to the movie screen.

I liked FaceOff, and The Rock also.

Boondock Saint
05-24-2006, 06:03 AM
Yes, I enjoy Cage as well.

This looks pretty iffy though. I think it'll either suck ass or be good but not Spider-Man/Batman Begins good. Same guy that did Daredevil which I liked a lot. So most likely I'll enjoy this and the rest of the world will hate it. :(

Funky Fly
05-24-2006, 07:08 AM
Some of you are fucking idiots. Nicholas Cage is a pretty damn good actor. Sure some of his movies are hit and miss. But i personally ( Along with Tom Cruise ) enjoy watching him on screen in alot of his movies. Movies like Lord Of War, Leaving Las Vegas, City Of Angels ( i liked it anyways ) and alot of others. I dont know what to think of him as a Comic Book charachter ( and i cant watch the trailer for some reason ), but i'm not gunna sit here and act like i hate Nic Cage cause its " Cool " . I love some of that guys movies and i like his overall presence he brings to the movie screen.

I liked FaceOff, and The Rock also.
I'm not saying they shouldn't have used Cage becuase of his skill. I'm saying they shouldn't have used him because he can't do the character justice. You wouldn't get Philip Seymour Hoffman to be Superman would you?

The look isn't right, and the dark nature of Ghost Rider (despite being a hero, he is actually a demon under the employ of Mephisto)is outside of his character range.

mitchables
05-24-2006, 09:02 AM
A-listers should never, ever, ever be used for iconic superheroes. When you use A-listers in these kinds of roles, you get Clooney's Batman. Tommy Lee Jones' Two-Face. Schwarzenegger's Mr. Freeze. Uma Thurman's Poison Ivy. You get Ben Affleck's Daredevil and you get Halle Berry's Storm. Their real-life fame outweighs the character they're playing, and it becomes too hard for the audience to fully believe what is happening in the story, which makes it hard to like because these stories require a level of suspension of disbelief to have any effect.

Sorry, that turned into a bit of a ramble. :$

Kalyx triaD
05-26-2006, 10:03 PM
A-listers should never, ever, ever be used for iconic superheroes. When you use A-listers in these kinds of roles, you get Clooney's Batman. Tommy Lee Jones' Two-Face. Schwarzenegger's Mr. Freeze. Uma Thurman's Poison Ivy. You get Ben Affleck's Daredevil and you get Halle Berry's Storm. Their real-life fame outweighs the character they're playing, and it becomes too hard for the audience to fully believe what is happening in the story, which makes it hard to like because these stories require a level of suspension of disbelief to have any effect.

Most agreeable.

The bike riding was badass, though. It translates well to live-action. I don't read GR comics so I have no right complaining about character/story elements; I don't know 'em. I can only hope for an enjoyable DVD for my Marvel DVD collection.

Which I just started like last week.

Sickboy
05-28-2006, 08:53 AM
I have always disliked the way Cage talks, he sounds so lazy and slow, like his IQ is 70.

But the about this movie, the bike looks really cool. I have never really read any Ghost Rider comics, and those which I have have been awful, but I hope this is going to be an interesting movie.

Kane Knight
05-30-2006, 12:18 PM
I'm not saying they shouldn't have used Cage becuase of his skill. I'm saying they shouldn't have used him because he can't do the character justice. You wouldn't get Philip Seymour Hoffman to be Superman would you?

The look isn't right, and the dark nature of Ghost Rider (despite being a hero, he is actually a demon under the employ of Mephisto)is outside of his character range.

Pacino as Superman.

Marlon Brando as Batman.

Gene Wilder as Spider-Man.

If you don't like these choices, you're an idiot, because they're awesome actors and can play ANYTHING

Fignuts
05-30-2006, 07:39 PM
A young robert redford would have been awesome.

Also, I'm pretty psyched for this.

Kane Knight
05-30-2006, 09:15 PM
The new trailer looks a lot better than the prior one.

YOUR Hero
05-30-2006, 09:42 PM
I wonder if Cage went after this role because the Superman thing never panned out. Cage is a good actor. I've like more of his work than I've disliked them.

Impact!
06-03-2006, 05:18 AM

Sorry, that turned into a bit of a ramble. :$
I dunno, I consider Hugh JAckman to be an A-list star, and I loved him in X Men as Wolverine (But then again I am a huge wrestling style mark for him)

Lara Emily
06-03-2006, 05:29 AM
My initial reaction to the trailer was that Cage's voice just doesn't really fit with the character.

Kalyx triaD
06-03-2006, 05:39 AM
I dunno, I consider Hugh JAckman to be an A-list star, and I loved him in X Men as Wolverine (But then again I am a huge wrestling style mark for him)

Nobody seemed to know him when he was casted as Wolverine for X1.

Lara Emily
06-03-2006, 05:42 AM
Nobody seemed to know him when he was casted as Wolverine for X1.

No one seemed to know him for X1 because before X1 he had done nothing og note.

Impact!
06-03-2006, 06:35 AM
lol yeah, I really only knew of him because I saw him in Sunset Boulavard (sp?) (some play) ages back.

Kane Knight
06-04-2006, 08:33 PM

Jackman wasn't an A-List star, and he's an inappropriate choice for Wolvie.

Kane Knight
06-04-2006, 08:34 PM
No one seemed to know him for X1 because before X1 he had done nothing og note.

Hence, not an A-List star.

Impact!
06-05-2006, 02:33 AM
Jackman wasn't an A-List star, and he's an inappropriate choice for Wolvie.
Why?

Kane Knight
06-05-2006, 11:41 AM
BEsides being horribly unbelieveable as Wolverine? No reason I can think of.

Blitz
10-05-2006, 12:27 AM
http://movies.aol.com/movie-trailer-clip/ghost-rider-nicolas-cage?ncid=AOLMOV00050000000009
'nother new trailer. Dunno, getting less interested with each new look :-\

Fignuts
10-05-2006, 12:52 AM
Yeah they definitly should have gone with someone a bit scruffier than jackman, although he isn't THAT bad as wolvie.

Downunder
10-05-2006, 04:16 AM
Jackman is prefect as Wolverine.

Jeritron
10-05-2006, 04:17 AM
I agree with the A-list star not being cast theory for the most part, but theres one example that challenges it, Jack Nicholson as the Joker.