PDA

View Full Version : Go Away (RR Spoiler)

VonErich Lives
01-26-2004, 07:06 AM
ok, after tonights Raw I can put "Foley" in the title..

Seriously, what is the point of a Foley v. Orton feud? Is it going to really help ratings, maybe for a show or two... and in return it could damage a good young wrestler.

Orton beats Foley, big deal... he's a retired, out of shape, over weight, past his prime, etc... and doesn't help Orton get over.

Orton gets beat by Foley, and it kills Orton.

I dunno, doesn't make sense... I'd rather see the buildup against RVD or Booker T, or a lot of other people then Orton v. Foley.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
01-26-2004, 07:08 AM
I think this is going to see the re-emergance of The Rock. With views to the eventual HHH vs Orton fued. Orton is going to go over Rock and then declare he has beaten everybody except the champ

VonErich Lives
01-26-2004, 07:25 AM
I think this is going to see the re-emergance of The Rock. With views to the eventual HHH vs Orton fued. Orton is going to go over Rock and then declare he has beaten everybody except the champ

I think it will endup being an Orton v. Benoit feud..

I'm still betting Benoit goes against HHH and takes the strap, and HHH goes off to film his movie.

KayfabeMan
01-26-2004, 07:35 AM
Foley beating Orton doesn't have to "kill Orton",if it's done properly
(but how often does that happen?)....

Orton beating Foley though,not a good thing. WWE is running
too many guys into the ground as it is,they don't need to do it
to Foley as well.If it were a different "young guy" I'd be all for
it,but Orton :nono:

Also,I think if Foley is actually going to wrestle,he should save
it for an occasion that's slightly more important than a "RAW"
episode. Basically,it does nothing for anyone involved (like Von
ErichLives said).

Imagi-Nation
01-26-2004, 07:39 AM
Orton is a peice of sh*t and i cant understand y everyone thinks he is so good and y he is the next big name in wrestling.

Can someone please explain it to me?

Savio
01-26-2004, 09:32 AM
He bribed us

KayfabeMan
01-26-2004, 11:12 AM
Orton is a peice of sh*t and i cant understand y everyone thinks he is so good and y he is the next big name in wrestling.

:y:

loopydate
01-26-2004, 12:12 PM

'Cause he can put on high-quality matches if he's paired with the right wrestler (the RVD match on RAW a couple of weeks ago).

He has a natural charisma. He's not a top-level mic worker yet, but the potential is definitely there. I loved his "RNN" segments.

His father and grandfather were both big-time stars, and from the two third-generation wrestlers in WWE (Rock and Chavo), we can see the apple doesn't fall far from the tree (unless you're David Flair or David Sammartino).

His "legend-killer" gimmick has been booked pretty well, and a feud with Foley will only help that.

He's young and good-looking, two attributes that WWE likes (unless, of course, you're big, in which case you can be old and ugly). This is what got Shawn Michaels over in the '90s, and it can work for Orton now.

The CyNick
01-26-2004, 01:45 PM
If somebody doesn't see the value in Orton beating Foley then you dont understand how pro wrestling works.

Foley is a beloved hero to many fans and is considered one of the all time greats. When Orton beats him, Orton will become an even more hated heel because he beat one of the fans' favs. Beyond that, knowing how Foley prides himself on his work, Foley will sell his ass off for Orton, and Orton will seem like a legit main eventer instead of a guy the WWE is telling us is good.

If you also include Rock in the picture (which is the current plan for Mania) , you have Orton getting a rub from The Rock, which is also a good thing.

VonErich Lives
01-26-2004, 02:42 PM
If somebody doesn't see the value in Orton beating Foley then you dont understand how pro wrestling works.

Foley is a beloved hero to many fans and is considered one of the all time greats. When Orton beats him, Orton will become an even more hated heel because he beat one of the fans' favs. Beyond that, knowing how Foley prides himself on his work, Foley will sell his ass off for Orton, and Orton will seem like a legit main eventer instead of a guy the WWE is telling us is good.

If you also include Rock in the picture (which is the current plan for Mania) , you have Orton getting a rub from The Rock, which is also a good thing.

Orton has heel heat, he needs legitimate wins.

A clean win over The Rock would be good.

Corkscrewed
01-26-2004, 03:16 PM
Basically what Cynic and Loopy said.

I don't think Orton is a best ever, and he is being force fed to us a little bit, but I personally don't mind. I mean, they could have picked a much worse person.

Savio
01-26-2004, 03:33 PM
I heard that orton choose that gimmick because he loves legends, but he also loves killing things so he brought the 2 together.

The Naitch
01-26-2004, 04:54 PM

Yes. I will be recording RAW tonight because the road to Wrestlemania has begun and I'm hoping Rocky shows up