PDA

View Full Version : Further Update On WWE's New Drug Testing Policy

Mr. JL
11-21-2005, 11:12 AM
Further Update On WWE's New Drug Testing Policy
By Ryan Clark

11/21/2005 - WWE.com just updated their drug testing story:

In a joint meeting today with the Raw and SmackDown rosters in the United Kingdom, in Sheffield, Vince McMahon announced that within the next several weeks, a new drug testing policy will be implemented in which performance enhancing drugs, such as steroids, etc., recreational drugs, as well as abuse of prescription drugs will be banned.

In addition to the new drug testing procedure, there will also be an emphasis on cardio vascular examinations.

The specifics of the drug policy will be announced over the next several weeks. More details to follow. Check with wwe.com for the latest information.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IT IS ABOUT F'N TIME!

A few questions I have are,
1) Will they take the wrestlers who are abusing off the road until they foix thier problems, or will certain wrestlers be given leeway?
2) Are they actually going to do drug tests, or is this just a paper weight answer in hopes to make people believe they are actually trying to solve this major problem that exists with pro wrestlers today?

credit wrestling-edge.com

McLegend
11-21-2005, 12:08 PM
Great

Hope this isn't just some PR move that won't be enforced

Gouda
11-21-2005, 12:23 PM
They just want to get everyone but HHH off the juice so he'll look so much bigger. :shifty:

Destor
11-21-2005, 12:25 PM
This is a very good thing. Eddies death wont be in vain, some good will come out of it at least.

Pepsi Man
11-21-2005, 12:30 PM
Didn't they claim they banned steroids back shortly after Hogan admitted to using them and Vince went to court?

TerranRich
11-21-2005, 12:33 PM
In similar news, Triple H has apparently vanished as he is now nowhere to be found.

The Naitch
11-21-2005, 12:50 PM
lol

Stickman
11-21-2005, 12:58 PM
I think they will enforce it, I think they're starting to realize how dangerous that shit is.

Kane Knight
11-21-2005, 01:35 PM
It will not be universally supported and enforced. Main eventers, despite the loss of Eddie, will be given more slack than lower "carders," who will likely be in severe shit for doing what other people are asked to do to keep "competitive."

This is lip service, and sadly, steps have been "taken" before to stop drug abuse.

BigDaddyCool
11-21-2005, 01:43 PM
yeah, I can't help but feel this isn't completely legit. Are they going to have like piss test, scheduled and random. Or is it simply lip service? Also, will Vince have to drop?

Cool King
11-21-2005, 02:12 PM
Check with wwe.com for the latest information.

Yeah, theres a video of it on WWE.COM.

Afterlife
11-21-2005, 03:16 PM
How is it logical to say the midcarders will be forced to comply with regulations where the ME guys get leeway? It was a ME guy that we lost. The ME guys are the money. At the risk of upsetting the people here who don't understand mere theoretics, If Brian Kendrick were to drop dead due to a crack overdose, the impact would be basically nothing. London would be upset, a few other close friends, but it would have zero effect on the show story wise and the crowd wouldn't notice. But if HHH keeled over tomorrow morning, the world would end for this company. Both shows would basically hit a screeching halt.

Now, as I said, for the ppl who can't fathom exaggerated comparrison, this does not mean I wish death upon young Mr. Kendrick, nor should it imply any ideas that he may (or may not) have a crack problem. I'm merely illustrating that pressuring the guys that virtually don't matter to the company, when it's the ME'ers that really draw the audience, is downright stupid. The company may not care about the workers, but they definitely want to protect the investments.

Kane Knight
11-21-2005, 03:38 PM
How is it logical to say the midcarders will be forced to comply with regulations where the ME guys get leeway? It was a ME guy that we lost. The ME guys are the money.

Dude, please. Don't be stupid. ZERO TOLERANCE in the WWE has always been selective. This sort of promise has been made before, and it didn't stop wrestlers fromusing drugs. Given a choice between cutting a ME wrestler some slack or suspending/firing him, the business that let so many wrestlers die on drugs in the past side with cutting them some slack.

Why would they do it? Because the WWE likes money. This isn't the first time we've seen a wrestler die, or even the first time we've seen a tribute show. It's not the first time drugs have been taken out, and a blind eye's been turned in the past.

The ME guys will probably still be asked to keep up an unreasonable physique, and will probably still be pressured into steroids or similar drugs. There's no reason to believe that, of all the deaths, this will be the tide turner.

The Gooch
11-21-2005, 03:58 PM
Trips is getting a Whizzinator in his stocking this year for Christmas.

TerranRich
11-21-2005, 04:25 PM
KK, betcha $100 WWE really does enforce it. ;)

Kane Knight
11-21-2005, 04:56 PM
American?

TerranRich
11-21-2005, 05:08 PM
Of course. No other dollar is worth its own dollar sign, so what else? ;)

Kane Knight
11-21-2005, 05:10 PM
Gotcha. So how long til Batista's fired then? :D

TerranRich
11-21-2005, 05:20 PM
4 years, sadly. And it'll be because he rapes Stephanie McMahon. Anything else for Nerdodamus?

Innovator
11-21-2005, 05:21 PM
He's gonna come back from injury under the "Six Million Dollar" Dancin Dave Batista gimmick

TerranRich
11-21-2005, 05:29 PM
Arnold Schwarzenegger will divorce Maria Shriver, and marry Shirley Temple Black. And she will be known as Shirley Temple Black Nigger.

Schoenauer
11-21-2005, 05:33 PM
Isn't it obvious that Trips once again kissed Vince's ass so the main eventers can get off easy?

Kane Knight
11-21-2005, 05:35 PM
4 years, sadly. And it'll be because he rapes Stephanie McMahon. Anything else for Nerdodamus?]

How will Triple H finally lose his power in the WWE?

TerranRich
11-21-2005, 05:37 PM
Triple H will lose the Royal Rumble in 2012, only to find out that his nose never hit the floor. His nose gets a World Title shot and goes on to become 15-time World Champion while Triple H becomes homeless, divorces Stephanie, and ends up paying child support for his three kids, Paula, Pauline, and Paul Helmsley-Levesque-McMahon-Ross.

Afterlife
11-21-2005, 06:43 PM
There's no reason to believe that, of all the deaths, this will be the tide turner.

I apologize if I come off as ignorant. But I take it we've never heard of an epiphany?

Kane Knight
11-21-2005, 07:22 PM
I apologize if I come off as ignorant. But I take it we've never heard of an epiphany?

Sorry if I come off as ignorant, but epiphanies are rare and life altering bursts of inspiration. What makes you so eager to bank on something that is patently rare as a sure sign that they're more likely to enforce it with main eventers?

Champion of Europa
11-21-2005, 08:24 PM
This drug testing is different from the last one. With the last one, McMahon was the first to know about the results of the test. These new tests are performed by another independent company. So, it would look very bad on the WWE for them to turn a blind eye to the positives.

Although, the punishments for positives are not yet set. Half the roster could end up testing postive, and they can't very well release half their roster, so it's not quite set. McMahon could very well fuck this up, too. But this isn't exactly like the last time they set up those tests.

Kane Knight
11-21-2005, 08:43 PM
What, the independent firm is going to go to the newspapers?

Champion of Europa
11-21-2005, 08:49 PM
What, the independent firm is going to go to the newspapers?

They very well could. It seems anyone who has had contact with the WWE will put out a book or give a scandalous interview at some point.

Kane Knight
11-21-2005, 10:06 PM
These testing clinics are normally bound the the same confidentiality that doctors are bound by. Short of another federal investigation, I don't think that'll be a big threat.

Mr. JL
11-21-2005, 11:29 PM
It would be nice to know what independant firm will be responsible for these testings.

Corkscrewed
11-22-2005, 12:52 AM
My first thought was:
Great

<s>Hope</s> this is<s>n't</s> just some PR move that won't be enforced

I hope they prove me wrong, but I doubt it. :-\

What Would Kevin Do?
11-22-2005, 03:48 AM
NoDQ.com (http://nodq.com/) > WWE (http://nodq.com/wwe/) > Vince McMahon talks about the new drug policy
Posted by Aaron Rift (arift@socal.rr.com) on 11/21/2005 at 03:06 PM

Vince McMahon requested a meeting with the WWE wrestlers in England earlier today. Here is a recap of what was said to the wrestlers concerning the new drug policy:

Vince starts off by saying that before anything starts leaking out and they hear rumors, he wanted to let them hear it straight from him. The WWE will be instituting a new drug policy and they're doing it over the next several weeks. He'd be happy to hear any suggestions the wrestlers may have. They'll be testing for drugs of abuse and abuse of prescription drugs, performance enhancement drugs as well, steroids, etc. It will be a very strict policy. This will be for all individuals under full-time contracts in the WWE.

McMahon asks the wrestlers if they had any questions and comments. "Must be a million going on in your heads at the moment," said McMahon, which got a few laughs from the wrestlers. McMahon said that he doesn't have a lot of answers at the moment. Vince doesn't have the policy with him at the moment and won't have it until the next several weeks. But during that time, if any of the wrestlers have any input whatsoever, he'd love to hear it.

Let's say someone abused prescription drugs, or has any kind of problem, there is a help program for them. Vince said that the policy will be very fair, it applies for everybody and no special consideration for anyone.

Was asked by one of the wrestlers if it will be a random drug test and Vince said yes. It will also be very frequent.

Gouda
11-22-2005, 10:17 AM
This just in: RVD has quit World Wrestling Entertainment.

Kane Knight
11-22-2005, 10:31 AM
But he's joined up with Jeff Hardy.

TerranRich
11-22-2005, 04:08 PM
News Update: Triple H is still missing from WWE. We wish him the best in his future endeavors.