PDA

View Full Version : Liddell vs. Couture III, rubber match baby!

Innovator
11-22-2005, 11:03 PM
I didn't see a thread about them yet, so here it is

Signed for February, Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell vs. Randy "The Natural" Couture

Randy won the first one by taking Chuck down a lot and referee stoppage in the 3rd round, and Chuck won the second fight with a KO in the first.

Thoughts on the fight?

VonErich Lives
11-23-2005, 03:51 AM
how old is coture? He just looks like father time might get him at some point.

Anyway, was actually thinking of planning a 3day weekend to Vegas and going to see this fight. Should be awesome.

Confused
11-23-2005, 05:10 AM
how old is coture? He just looks like father time might get him at some point.

Anyway, was actually thinking of planning a 3day weekend to Vegas and going to see this fight. Should be awesome.

Couture is pushing about 43, i think...Think Liddell is 35.

Wouldn't rule him out as many people have underestimated him in the past and been taken to the mat and taught a lesson.

In saying that i can't see anything other than a Liddell knockout. He's getting better by the match.

Next year is a big one for UFC with the potential for a Liddell/Ortiz rematch...i'd pay to go see that.

Crimson
11-23-2005, 09:36 PM
Right now all 4 champions look pretty strong..can't see any of them losing anytime soon. Who do you all think will be the first to lose? I would guess Lidell cuz he might have the toughest competition at his weight. But who knows.

I second what VEL said, im thinking of going to go to a UFC PPV soon...that next one has a sweet mainevent.

Rob
11-24-2005, 03:31 PM
I'm picking Liddell but I wouldn't be surprised in the slighest if Couture smashed him through the mat.

Innovator
11-25-2005, 10:17 PM
The light-heavyweight division in UFC is stacked, but Liddell has knocked out the best of them. If his sprawl is on and he can avoid Randy's takedowns, I see Chuck retaining. Chuck has to come in in his 2nd fight shape, not his 1st fight. He looked drained after a round at UFC 43.