PDA

View Full Version : One Of A Kind

FourFifty
11-23-2005, 11:00 AM
When Rob Van Dam comes back will he still have "One Of A Kind" by Breaking Point as his theme music?

The reason I ask this is I have a sirius radio in my car and last night I heard it, so I'm a little unsure who has the rights to use it.

Dave Youell
11-23-2005, 11:29 AM
Would of thought he'd still use it, he did when he showed up on Raw a few months back.

Although if *prays* he comes back as a cocky heel, maybe a bit of a music change would be needed

TerranRich
11-23-2005, 12:00 PM
Just because WWE uses it, doesn't mean that nobody else can. Breaking Point still owns that song, so if they want to let radio stations play it, I'm sure they can. WWE doesn't OWN it, they just license it to USE it. There's a big difference.

thecc
11-23-2005, 01:47 PM
Bit off topic but has anyone ever seen the video for it? It has a rvd appearance in it.

RGWhat316
11-23-2005, 02:14 PM
I'd like to see him bring back Pantera's "Walk". Thats a fn great song.

Xero
11-23-2005, 02:27 PM
It would be awesome if they could get Walk for his heel gimmick.

Kane Knight
11-23-2005, 03:16 PM
Why would radio play make you wonder if he'd use it?

Funky Fly
11-23-2005, 04:16 PM
You know, Kane's theme, aka Slow Chemical by Finger Eleven occasionally plays on the radio. It was also featured on The Punisher soundtrack.

Kane Knight
11-23-2005, 04:30 PM
You know, Kane's theme, aka Slow Chemical by Finger Eleven occasionally plays on the radio. It was also featured on The Punisher soundtrack.

Do you offhand know what the credits are for the song? Down here, it never made it to FE, and I probably sold off my copy of the Punisher soundtrack, since it kinda SUCKED...

I'm wondering specifically because some of the songs use Johnston's music in them, so there's a decent chance of joint ownership.

Xero
11-23-2005, 05:58 PM
I would imagine that the WWE has at least joint ownership of Kane's theme because it uses a score close to Kane's original theme.

Kane Knight
11-23-2005, 06:01 PM
I would imagine that the WWE has at least joint ownership of Kane's theme because it uses a score close to Kane's original theme.

Well, the thing is: You can't copyright an arrangement.

That's why Nirvana could rip off the Pixies and Boston.

That's why they have knockoff themes in WCW...Errr...TNa...

Funky Fly
11-23-2005, 06:05 PM
K, I actually have a Canadian copy of Foceable Entry, so lemme go check.

Funky Fly
11-23-2005, 06:07 PM
The song is on the cd, and it's listed as 19 (the last one) in the track list, but it's not in the credits.

Xero
11-23-2005, 06:11 PM
Well, the thing is: You can't copyright an arrangement.

That's why Nirvana could rip off the Pixies and Boston.

That's why they have knockoff themes in WCW...Errr...TNa...
Ooooohhhh. I honestly didn't know that.

*Goes to listen to <s>Bawitdaba</s> Kid Kash's current theme*

:shifty:

Kane Knight
11-23-2005, 07:12 PM
The song is on the cd, and it's listed as 19 (the last one) in the track list, but it's not in the credits.

Gah. It figures. They probably just slapped the track on, but left the Canadian version otherwise the same as the US version (The liners notes, that is).

Kane Knight
11-23-2005, 07:13 PM
Ooooohhhh. I honestly didn't know that.

*Goes to listen to <s>Bawitdaba</s> Kid Kash's current theme*

:shifty:

Otherwise, TNA'd be sued. I doubt Roger Taylor much likes that another fat blonde is using his band's tunes...

Optimistic T
11-23-2005, 11:15 PM
I'm guessing WWF has a licensed deal with Breaking Point, and they (or their label) don't want as much as say, Pantera would.

Oh, and I'm guessing Breaking Point is on good terms with WWE (and perhaps fans of wrestling) They're track "27" is on the Scorpion King soundtrack. Ditto for Finger Eleven. "One Thing" was used for Benoit's "Desire" video.

FourFifty
11-24-2005, 01:19 AM
I guess radio play made me question this because this is the first time I've heard a WWE theme song on the radio before I either downloaded it or heard it on the radio. Out Of My Way, American Badass and Rollin' I heard before they were used as WWE theme songs, so this sorta threw me off.

And if you like "One Of A Kind" by Point (yeah, this is off topic btw) scope out "The Strangest Day" by Jonah33.

Dave Youell
11-24-2005, 02:08 AM
One of a kind was used for the Mtv movie awards a few years back

FourFifty
11-24-2005, 02:11 AM
Well then it's a damn shame I don't watch MTV. Maybe if they played some music videos I'd watch.

Dave Youell
11-24-2005, 02:43 AM
Well then it's a damn shame I don't watch MTV. Maybe if they played some music videos I'd watch.
Don't you have like other Mtv channels?

I got something like 4 of them.

ddpBANG
11-24-2005, 03:27 AM
One of a kind was used for the Mtv movie awards a few years back

And it was used in the movie Roller Ball... Not sure if it's on the soundtrack, though.

Roller Ball also featured Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, and Shane McMahon.

Xero
11-24-2005, 04:06 AM
Don't you have like other Mtv channels?

I got something like 4 of them.
Well, I don't get anything but MTV, and when we got MTV2 it started to turn into MTV with nothing but a few shitty music videos and much shittier reality shows.

Maybe it's better in the UK, but here MTV fucking sucks and I don't watch ANYTHING on it.

Funky Fly
11-24-2005, 05:40 AM
And it was used in the movie Roller Ball... Not sure if it's on the soundtrack, though.

Roller Ball also featured Jim Ross, Paul Heyman, and Shane McMahon.
WTF? I remember Heyman, but that's it.

Also, the Rollerball cast was on Smackdown.

ddpBANG
11-24-2005, 05:52 AM
Yeah, Shane O'Mac has a real brief cameo outside of a club. He steps out of a car and then shakes somebody's hand. I remember seeing J.R. as well. Can't remember where,though... sorry.

Gertner
11-24-2005, 10:22 AM
I just had a bowl of frosted mini wheats

Kane Knight
11-24-2005, 10:36 AM
I'm guessing WWF has a licensed deal with Breaking Point, and they (or their label) don't want as much as say, Pantera would.

Oh, and I'm guessing Breaking Point is on good terms with WWE (and perhaps fans of wrestling) They're track "27" is on the Scorpion King soundtrack. Ditto for Finger Eleven. "One Thing" was used for Benoit's "Desire" video.

When the money's good, it doesn't matter much anyway. Also, Our LAdy Peace (Who do Benoit's theme) had music in a WWE video (I think it was Somewhere out there).

Keep in mind, they'll use what they can get to benefit them. Look at the Eddie Tribute video...Hurt made no sense, but of course, with Walk the Line coming out...

Kane Knight
11-24-2005, 10:39 AM
Well, I don't get anything but MTV, and when we got MTV2 it started to turn into MTV with nothing but a few shitty music videos and much shittier reality shows.

Maybe it's better in the UK, but here MTV fucking sucks and I don't watch ANYTHING on it.

Yeah, we have like 5 MTV channels, but I haven't watched that shit since MTV was still getting "controversy" for "The Real Slim Shady."

And mostly then, because Slim Faggot was one of the last interesting things on MTV.