PDA

View Full Version : Looking back: Ric Flair vs. Macho Man Randy Savage

The Naitch
11-25-2005, 12:01 AM
He just came to the then WWF, and photoshopped his head over Savages' pics.

I saw footage for this, but wasn't a fan of wrestling back then. By the way, what was the last match at Mania 8 (I believe) at the Hoosier Dome?

WHAT ABOUT ME?! HUH!!! WHAT ABOUT ME?!!!!!

DaveWadding
11-25-2005, 12:06 AM
Last match was Hogan vs. Sid.

The Naitch
11-25-2005, 12:07 AM
:nono:

The Naitch
11-25-2005, 12:08 AM
and that match had a shitty ending too :nono: :nono:

ps- Sid reminds me of Brock Lesnar

Pepsi Man
11-25-2005, 12:23 AM
lmao @ calling it "photoshopping"

Loose Cannon
11-25-2005, 12:27 AM
The ending of Hogan/Sid is like top 3 of my favorite endings ever. Like Warrior had been gone forever and then all of a sudden his music hits (first time I think anybody's music ever hit during a match) and he comes flying down and helps Hogan take down Sid and Shango. I kid you not, I was totally flipping out cause I saw this live.

The Flair/Savage match was great though. Flair did a nice blade job, which he got in trouble for. Savage rolls him up and gets such an emotional win. Awesome feud between the two leading up to the match too.

The Naitch
11-25-2005, 01:00 AM
THIS ONES' FOR YOU BABAY!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

The Naitch
11-25-2005, 01:01 AM
Heenan: SHE WINKED!!!

BlackDawn2024
11-25-2005, 07:08 AM
Heenan: SHE WINKED!!!

Will you stop!!??

Gorilla Monsoon>All

Actually, though, when I was younger, I had that match on tape and would watch it almost everyday. Unfortunately, I don't have the tape anymore. :'( Anyone know where to get it?

Loose Cannon
11-25-2005, 10:32 AM
yea, Amazon.com

mrslackalack
11-25-2005, 10:18 PM
I was at WM8 Live and when Savage won the title the crowd went nuts. I told my cousin that the Warrior HAD to be at WM. He said he wasnt advirtised but the RCA Dome went crazy when Warrior came to save Hogan.

mrslackalack
11-25-2005, 10:21 PM
Hogan vs Flair was supposed to be the main event at WM 8, but Vince changed his mind. While Hogan/Flair would have been a decent match back in 92 it wouldnt have beat Savage vs Flair.

mrslackalack
11-25-2005, 10:23 PM
I heard the match however where Flair won the title back from Savage was AWFUL.(Flair said it in his book how vince was ticked and they had to restart the match and stuff)

DaveWadding
11-25-2005, 10:28 PM
Hogan vs Flair was supposed to be the main event at WM 8, but Vince changed his mind. While Hogan/Flair would have been a decent match back in 92 it wouldnt have beat Savage vs Flair.

What I've heard (from one Rob Harvey and others) was that they wore out the Hogan/Flair dream match on the house show circuit.

Loose Cannon
11-25-2005, 10:41 PM
yea, Hogan/Flair was run at a lot of house shows. Lots of DQ finishes and countouts and all that crap.

And yes, Vince was very pissed at the Savage/Flair match and asked them to restart it. Vince was beginning to lose his faith in Flair around that time and soon decided to go with Hart as champ

mrslackalack
11-26-2005, 10:11 PM
What really happened with the finish? I heard 2 stories.

1. Sid was going to leave anyways and kicked out on purpose at 2

2. Shango came out late to interfere thus the finish was quick and confusing

KingofOldSchool
11-27-2005, 01:23 AM
It was #2.

That would've pissed off Vince sooo much that Sid wouldn't have gotten the push he got in 1996. Let alone main eventing Wrestlemania in 97.

wwe2222
11-27-2005, 10:43 AM
[QUOTE=Loose Cannon]yea, Hogan/Flair was run at a lot of house shows. Lots of DQ finishes and countouts and all that crap.

There used to be a channel that would televis matches from the house shows. I remember watching Hogan vs Flair for the first time at like 1 in the morning. It was so lackluster, I remember being pissed off that was how I was seeing my first Hogan/Flair match.

I know it wouldnt have been better than Flair/Savage, but Hogan/Flair should have main evented wrestlemania, that was the dream matchup everyone was waiting for.

hb2k
11-27-2005, 01:47 PM
Yeh, they really messed up Flair/Hogan, partly due to the fact that they never pushed Flair as NWA Champ, but rather some pretender from off the street with a fake belt. They looked at it totally wrong, pushing it like a normal feud, with the idea of running the first matches with a DQ or heat finish in order to "build up the unknown Flair", and build drama for the rematches like they usually did with Hogan, not realising the money matches were in the first appearances. WWF has never been good with interpromotional stuff.