PDA

View Full Version : Ok.... so your reactions to Cena chants

Nark Order
11-29-2005, 01:52 PM
This has been brought up before a couple times but I think it should be addressed again. Cena as of late has been getting mad boos during the main events of PPVs. And starting this past monday, he's been getting the same calibur of boos on RAW. Does everybody still believe that only the Angle fans are resonsible for this? The stale reaction was getting huge last night. Most of the time it's just booing mixed with Cena cheers, lately it's been a sea of angry boos. I'm a believer in the fact that the fans are starting to get bored and that it's only going to get worse...

Thoughts?

CharismaInjection
11-29-2005, 01:58 PM
WWE made the fans hate Cena by not having him drop the belt earlier, when Cena debutedn on Raw, the crowd loved him, but they soon got bored. Part of the Cena hate campaign is that his two opponents, Jericho and Angle are much more talented than Cena and deserve the belt much more.

Cena has just got stale, he was an excellent heel and a pretty good tweener.

2003: Heel Cena - Fans love heel Cena, so WWE turn him tweener(face that breaks rules)
2004: Tweener Cena - Fans still support Cena and enjoy him using his chain to win and destroying Jesus at Armageddon.
2005: Face 'Goody Two Shoes' Cena - Fans start to get fed up with Cena, he doesn't break rules and he never assualts anyone anymore, he also hardly ever raps.

WWE have ignored their fans and kept the title on Cena, trust me, it wont be long before angry fans jump into the ring and try to help Angle win.

TURN CENA HEEL NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sadistic
11-29-2005, 01:59 PM
It's gone beyond Angle fans in my opinion. His popularity just continues to diminish and perhaps it's not even his fault. Every Raw main event is the same, every raw PPV main event is the same; Cena has the odds stacked against him but he still wins. Everyone, marks and smarks alike, are sick of it.
I attented a Raw House show on the survivor Series Tour and the boos for Cena were deafening. "CENA SUCKS" was a loud chant and a large "TAP" chant started when Cena was in the ankle lock. My throat hurt from booing and hurling abuse at the fucker.
I'm sick of Cena being shoved down my throat every week and seeing him run out to help the innocent retard or defenceless woman.
And to top it all off he has about 5 moves in his arsenal.

McLegend
11-29-2005, 02:02 PM
Keep the Belt on Cena until at least Mania. No reason to drop the title cause he getting booed keep it on him.

If I was WWE I would fly or die with Cena.

Nervous Ferret
11-29-2005, 02:07 PM
yeah what legend said. But, it is mostly the WWE's fault. Ya, if you're gunna put all this stock in the guy, at least make him the focal point of the show. Which he hasn't been since coming to RAW.

Also what was the thing that got him over in the first place? Cutting promos and "raps" if you will. Why you would stop doing what succesfully got the guy over is beyond me.

RemyRed
11-29-2005, 02:08 PM
He DOES need to start rapping again. Other than that I have no problem with him. Don't hate him, don't love him.

McLegend
11-29-2005, 02:09 PM
Also I'm still starting to think people are turning on Cena. I don't think it's just Angle fans anymore.

alvarado52
11-29-2005, 02:18 PM
i say they turn Cena heel while he still has the belt around him. memory is hazey, but have they ever done that? I know they have had people turn heel or face when they won the belt, but have they ever actually did a 180 and turn a world champ from face to heel DURING their run?

Draven
11-29-2005, 02:19 PM
I was at Raw yesterday, basically from what I saw it was little kids and teenage girls going crazy for Cena. The majority at least in my section (right by the stage) was Pro Angle. Shit, even some minor Masters chants broke out. At times it seemed like the boos were drowning out the Cena chants. His shit is old, even the two little kids a row in front of me knew that Cena was walking out champ, and they were PRO Angle. They need to turn him, or ship him to Yemen so I never have to see him again.

BigDaddyCool
11-29-2005, 02:41 PM
BTW, I don't know if this has a lot to do with the topic, but didn't Cena just look retarded right before he locked on the STF?

Nark Order
11-29-2005, 02:46 PM
BTW, I don't know if this has a lot to do with the topic, but didn't Cena just look retarded right before he locked on the STF?

It was his version of Edge's ANGRY FACE :mad: :mad: :mad:

Stickman
11-29-2005, 02:50 PM
It's funny how before he won the belt everybody on here was like "Give Cena a lengthy title reign, he's the man, he's great blah blah blah" Well, why all the sudden complaining then? See what happens when things are rushed.

Fuck, the same thing happened Orton, people on here were so pro Orton, the belt gets put on him way too soon people are happy for a week, the next week everybody thinks he sucks. The same thing was happening with Lesner, if he was still around people would be calling for his throat.

Carlito comes and wins the IC Belt, everybody thinks he's the greatest wrestler ever, and he's an awful champ.

Next thing we know, Kennedy....Kennedy will be the champ because everybody loves him, then in an instint we all hate him.

It's amazing how quickly things change and how quickly people jump on and off the Wrestler X bandwagon.

BigDaddyCool
11-29-2005, 02:52 PM
It's funny how before he won the belt everybody on here was like "Give Cena a lengthy title reign, he's the man, he's great blah blah blah" Well, why all the sudden complaining then? See what happens when things are rushed.

Fuck, the same thing happened Orton, people on here were so pro Orton, the belt gets put on him way too soon people are happy for a week, the next week everybody thinks he sucks. The same thing was happening with Lesner, if he was still around people would be calling for his throat.

Carlito comes and wins the IC Belt, everybody thinks he's the greatest wrestler ever, and he's an awful champ.

Next thing we know, Kennedy....Kennedy will be the champ because everybody loves him, then in an instint we all hate him.

It's amazing how quickly things change and how quickly people jump on and off the Wrestler X bandwagon.

Firstly, I always hated Orton.

Secondly, no one for saw Cena just giving up on being entertaining. Because that is what happened.

hb2k
11-29-2005, 04:26 PM
The one definite positive about it is that the fans, even in booing, give a rats ass, which is far better than them not caring at all, like in the later WCW years.

What will probably end up happening is what went down with Rock, whenever he had an extended face run, he ended up booed, so they turned him heel, but then fans dug the gimmick again, so they switched him back, and he's more over than ever.

Chavo Classic
11-29-2005, 04:35 PM

Fuck, the same thing happened Orton, people on here were so pro Orton, the belt gets put on him way too soon people are happy for a week, the next week everybody thinks he sucks.

It's not that simple though, is it?

When Cena and Orton were over - they were cocky, arrogant heels. If you pay attention, you'd notice that the WWE turned both face before winning the belts. The truth is that face Cena and face Orton do not work, with or without the belts.

The variable here is whether they are face/heel and not holding the belt. I don't think anyone on this forum is that shallow or impressionable.

Did we all stop liking Benoit when he won the belt? No! Those of us who liked Benoit before his title, still liked him with the belt and still like him now. Success does not determine how I, for one, perceive a wrestler - but rather how they are presented to me as a heel or face.

The One
11-29-2005, 05:02 PM
Actually I recall screaming that Randy Orton was getting a Main Event push too soon. I love him, hell still do, but I think he should just now be possitioning himself to win his FIRST World Title.

John Cena I NEVER liked. At the same time I understood WWE's reason to put the belt on him (I still don't get why give it to Orton only to drop it a month later). Cena was getting mad over, his CD was releasing, and Vince wanted a poster boy. In my opinion Cena is the best poster child of WWE right now. The trouble...Batista has been getting better, Cena has been getting worse. Dangerous game when you have two World Champs. If one starts improving, you better do something with the other. If Cena were to turn (which before Diavari, I was hoping Angle and Cena would do a double turn at SS) I think he could start doing raps, maybe give gay jokes a break for a little while, and "Ruck Fules"...as a heel Champ...he would have more fans then his current face Champ run. They tried selling it to the world as "Good Boy" leading man, but remember Steve Austin got so over by WWE trying their hardest to turn him into a Main Event HEEL...same theory could apply. Try selling the crowd a charismatic, good-promo, hell...and they give you a huge face. Happened to Austin, Rock, Angle & Hunter (breifly), Jericho, Orton, Cena....

Fox
11-29-2005, 05:08 PM
John Cena is a good wrestler with tons of potential being used in the wrong way. Ever since he came to RAW, he has been thrown into the mix, when instead he should have been made the focal point of every show. His feuds are always overshadowed by something else, usually an HBK feud, and recently by the war between RAW/SD. Why John Cena isn't the leader of team RAW is beyond me.

Cena can be big again if they make him a bad ass. His "street lingo" sounds like something you would hear coming out of a 12 year old's mouth. What happened to his clever and vicious raps against his opponents? It's ridiculous how they've completely misused John Cena in the past few months.

If it's too late to save him, he can always turn heel.

The Naitch
11-29-2005, 05:10 PM
yeah im sure creative knows about all this, but they're just milking it for as long as they can until the right time to turn him

The Naitch
11-29-2005, 05:11 PM
ps- I thought I lost my Word Life softball tee, but I fucking found it when I was cleaning out my truck last night :yes:

Boondock Saint
11-29-2005, 06:02 PM
Not sick of him just yet, but I was hoping for Angle to win the belt. Sometimes Cena just reeks of trying too hard to be funny during his backstage interviews and I just think "Dude, you don't need to do this." I wish he'd go back to his rapping...the entertaining rapping. WOuldn't mind a heel turn from him but I've been reading that Vince wants to keep the belt on him until Mania...so we'll see.

AlphaBean
11-29-2005, 06:13 PM
The stale reaction was INDEED getting huge last night. How observant. Rep for that.

hb2k
11-29-2005, 06:15 PM
when instead he should have been made the focal point of every show

Thing is, forcing him even harder would just quicken the backlash against him. If people are booing, ride the wave. The only reason that they may not consider turning him heel is that he's a merch machine.

Nark Order
11-29-2005, 06:17 PM
I say they bring in Heyman or somebody hated to give Cena a 'pep talk" about how he doesn't need the fans and that they're only bringing him down. He shrugs it off. The next fews weeks the fans are as brutal as ever and finally he realizes what he has to do. Turn on a major face (Flair, HBK, etc) and BAM... credible heel Cena.

Nark Order
11-29-2005, 06:18 PM
The stale reaction was INDEED getting huge last night. How observant. Rep for that.

lol. You ass.

McLegend
11-29-2005, 06:18 PM
I say they bring in Heyman or somebody hated to give Cena a 'pep talk" about how he doesn't need the fans and that they're only bringing him down. He shrugs it off. The next fews weeks the fans are as brutal as ever and finally he realizes what he has to do. Turn on a major face (Flair, HBK, etc) and BAM... credible heel Cena.
Cena already did fuck the fans heel and he did it well. I would like to see him stay the same but as a heel.

Just play it way over the top.

Avenger
11-29-2005, 06:20 PM
And to top it all off he has about 5 moves in his arsenal.

... dude?

Are you seriously, as a CZW fan, criticising someone's moveset?

Nark Order
11-29-2005, 06:25 PM
LOL

Nick Mondo's Moveset:
Light bulb strike
Chair strike
Wrench stike
Broom strike
Barbedwire strike

Avenger
11-29-2005, 06:32 PM
Now come on, I'm sure Nick Mondo can pull off a body slam on a good day.

Innovator
11-29-2005, 06:45 PM
Right now Cena is getting the Jeff Hardy Pop (everyone with a high pitched voice cheers). Last time I checked the main demographic for the WWE was 18-34 male.

Basically you can have him beat up women, align himself with an Arab, pledge allegiance to Bischoff, have him in two on one gang ups, commit Satanic rituals in the middle of the ring, take a shit in the ring, and WRESTLING fans will still cheer Angle over Cena when the bell rings.

RGWhat316
11-29-2005, 06:47 PM
I was apart of the anti-Cena, Pro-Angle chants at Survivor Series. It was mostly because I would have rather seen Angle win, but part of me is getting tired with Cena.

I was a big fan of his heading into 2004, but over the past year, he's been getting worse. I thought his raps were some of the best, but UPN was limiting him. Ok fine, he can go to RAW and be unleased. But besides his first night, he hasn't really done anything to stir up controversy.

One other thing I hate about his title run, is how unstoppable he seems to be. The deck is always stacked, and he comes through every time. This is just ass backwards of how the heels are always chasing the face. The real money would be Cena losing the title, then overcoming the obstacles for the eventual win.

Ruien
11-29-2005, 07:16 PM
Just to point something out, he will not turn heel while he has the belt. I know a few people were talking about him starting to turn heel at SS, but it will not happen with the belt on him.

Destor
11-29-2005, 07:22 PM
Cena is getting stale for the audience, this is becoming very clear. Some thing has to be done to freshen him up if they are going to make some money off they guy.

Nowhere Man
11-29-2005, 07:30 PM
The more I'm thinking about it, the more I'm convinced this would be a perfect opportunity for an Austin/Bret double-turn. Kurt's getting more and more cheers despite doing all kinds of heinous shit, and has the charisma and ability to be a pretty damn good babyface. Cena's getting booed as a good guy, and his gimmick isn't well-suited for a babyface role anyway. And since there aren't many (if any at all) main-event faces to speak of, I think it'd be a good trade-off.

addy2hotty
11-29-2005, 07:42 PM
The more I'm thinking about it, the more I'm convinced this would be a perfect opportunity for an Austin/Bret double-turn. Kurt's getting more and more cheers despite doing all kinds of heinous shit, and has the charisma and ability to be a pretty damn good babyface. Cena's getting booed as a good guy, and his gimmick isn't well-suited for a babyface role anyway. And since there aren't many (if any at all) main-event faces to speak of, I think it'd be a good trade-off.

Can't see a double turn out of this. If they built it in the sense that Cena was beginning to get negative reactions, then maybe. But they won't. They won't want to take a hit on merchandise, Cena has neither the charisma, ability or intensity of either Bret or Stone Cold for this to be a possibilty.

Notice how Trips is going into a program with Show rather than into the title hunt like he normally would. Both feuds could have ended at SS. I doubt even he can see a way out of this Cena-as-champion debacle right now.

What Would Kevin Do?
11-30-2005, 02:57 AM
There is one good thing about him being built up as unbeatable. If someone beats him clean, they'll look great... Of course, unfortunately, that will probably be HHH :(

Honestly though, I only see Cena going heel right now if Jericho comes back at the Rumble as a huge tweener/face.

I'm still betting on Edge using his MITB contract after Cena has a hellish main event and then winning the title. Hell, I was hoping it'd happen at SS after Angle lost.

Kane Knight
11-30-2005, 03:17 AM
You know, I'd like to say it's because he's stale, but it goes beyond that. It really does have a lot to do with Angle. They keep stacking Kurt (Who's over as a face even when he's supposed to be heel) vs Cena.

Kurt's a better mic worker, a better face, a better heel, a better wrestler. He's intense, he's brilliant, he's everything a wrestler should ever be.

Cena is Will Smith, no real fan of the genre takes the bitch seriously anymore. He's vanilla, lame, and somehwat embarrasing.

It's like comparing JEsus to Bob from accounting.

Sadistic
11-30-2005, 06:15 AM
I just watched survivor series last night, Those "CENA SUCKS" chants were the loudest I've heard to date.

Avenger
11-30-2005, 10:16 AM
I just watched survivor series last night, Those "CENA SUCKS" chants were the loudest I've heard to date.

*slow claps*

The Gooch
11-30-2005, 10:31 AM
Cena is Will Smith, no real fan of the genre takes the bitch seriously anymore. He's vanilla, lame, and somehwat embarrasing.

:rofl:

KingofOldSchool
11-30-2005, 11:23 AM
If they turn Cena heel...they will be doing exactly what they did with Cena and Orton when they were heels. They started getting face pops, so they instantly turn them.

Try to "reinvent" Cena...try to expand his character and if that doesn't work slowly place the seeds for a heel turn. Just make sure to have a strong guy to take over the top face slot on Raw.

Kane Knight
11-30-2005, 11:28 AM
Like HHH?

KingofOldSchool
11-30-2005, 11:33 AM
If Hogan wants the money...:shifty:

The Gooch
11-30-2005, 11:34 AM
Why not just have him be a tweener and give him some of his edge back? Won't hurt the merch sales and male fans may start respecting him again.

Kane Knight
11-30-2005, 11:42 AM
That's what they should have done in the first place. Making him and Cena ridiculous babyfaces was incredibly stupid.

The Gooch
11-30-2005, 11:45 AM
That's what they should have done in the first place. Making him and Cena ridiculous babyfaces was incredibly stupid.

I honestly wonder who called the shots on this? Cena and Orton had to know that their vanilla face characters would falter.

Kane Knight
11-30-2005, 11:57 AM
I honestly wonder who called the shots on this? Cena and Orton had to know that their vanilla face characters would falter.

I think they're just happy to not pay their dues for 30 years, before holding down talent when they're old enough to be Taker's grandfather...

The Gooch
11-30-2005, 12:09 PM
I think they're just happy to not pay their dues for 30 years, before holding down talent when they're old enough to be Taker's grandfather...

Good point. I know I'd do it if I was in their position.

Kane Knight
11-30-2005, 12:32 PM
Good point. I know I'd do it if I was in their position.

I'd sure as fuck be tempted.

Saying "no" to a push is a bad thing to do in the WWE, and I'm sure their pushes were contingent upon them becoming vanilla babyfaces.

94 SVT Cobra
11-30-2005, 12:44 PM
just as long as we established he CANT rap and that he is NOT the next Stone Cold....God Forbid

Lock Jaw
11-30-2005, 01:30 PM
That's the problem... they're trying to make him too much like Stone Cold.

Back in the Attitude era, Vince just kept throwing opponent after opponent at Austin, stacking the deck against him, etc. Austin would overcome it and everybody would love it.

The difference? Austin was a take no crap, beat the hell out of you, anti-authority figure.

Cena is an over-reacting loser who looks absolutley ridiculous most of the time, and who's speech now largely revolves around homosexual innuendo.

Kane Knight
11-30-2005, 02:40 PM
just as long as we established he CANT rap and that he is NOT the next Stone Cold....God Forbid

Ladies and gentlemen, due to illness, the part of "Devil's Advocate" will tonight be played by Kane Knight.

Okay, let's back up the bus a little bit here.

I'll just get this part out of the way first: Cena CAN rap. He raps well enough for his WWE gimmick. Venis isn't a great pornstar, "Hollywood" Hogan wasn't a good enough actor to be bragging, and Ted Dibiase wasn't really worth millions.

But they play those parts good enough on TV.

Do I expect him to win a Grammy? Fuck no. My ears found his CD to be slightly preferable to audio recordings of Fran Drescher chain orgasming. The highlights of that CD were few, and anyone but Cena.

If that CD was the best he could do, he has no future in rap.

Buuuut, he can rap well enough for its primary purpose. A "Street thug" champ.

Now, onward. There won't be another Stone Cold in this generation. Not while the WWE is so content to "Shit in their mess kit," So to speak.

Put Steve Austin in this generation, and apply what's happened to everyone else who's over. 9/10 times,the answer is turn them totally babyface. Now, imagine Stone Cold as an asskissing Vanilla face. The fans'd turn on him faster than if he Tattooed a Swastika on his forehead.

It's more or less what they did to Cena and Orton. Cena was risque; he got popped, and they made him safe. Orton was like Austin in that people wanted to see him DESTROY someone. They wanted to see him bust out an RKO on someone. He was charismatic, but more importantlyhe looked strong. So they stop doing RKOs on random folks, and give him a fucking love interest. His fans all go ":wtf: " simultaneously, and start to boo him. The WWE doesn't understand what happened to their potential "New Rock/Austin."

That being said, I'm going to go on record saying that Cena is likely the Austin of this generation; unless they smarten up, this is probably as good as it gets. But yes, he's no Austin, not evenclose.

Mr. Nerfect
11-30-2005, 04:10 PM
I still think Randy Orton should have given the World Heavyweight Championship to Triple H when he asked for it eight days after Summerslam. It would have teased the Orton face turn, wouldn't have jumped the gun, and makes us really hungry for the eventual Triple H vs. Randy Orton match.

You also wouldn't have needed to scramble all those guys together for an Elimination Chamber at New Year's Revolution earlier this year, so the match would now be REALLY fresh and exciting.

Another thing I dislike about Cena is that every time there is a main event match, we have fluent heel entrances, and then we have a huge stall to John Cena's music. It really bugs me. They seperate him from the pack, and it really annoys me. Please, just have his music play and him come out (trying not to look like a retarded ape), it's really embarassing when they tease his entrance (like Joey Styles last night, "watch this place become unglued for the Champion...") and he gets his fair share of boos.

Lock Jaw
11-30-2005, 04:51 PM
Yeah, I noticed that they always do a dramatic pause entrance for Cena. they used to do that for The Rock so I guess they're copying that too.

And if Cena gets his fair share of boos during his entrance you can't hear them, because all of the teenage girls are busy screaming. However, whereas before, the whole arena really did become "unglued" and he got monster pops, now it's just the teen girls (who drown out any booing during the entrance... though not later).

Pinnacle Charisma
11-30-2005, 06:21 PM
The thing is cena fans are mostly sheeps. They are the type of fans that will usually like anything the wwe push down their throat. When the boos happened from the smarks they are going to follow.

But I also think that the fans are getting sick of Cena. I think it was the rock that said in an interview once “You cant be like superman, you have to lose once in a while so the fans see your not invincible because if they see as invincible then they wont relate to you”. He has been on top of the mountain for so long and the booking have been so predictable that the fans where always going to turn on him. His title reign has been so boring so far and they need to get the title off his quickly because Cena doesn’t have the charisma or mic skills to turn his reign around by himself.

Indifferent Clox
11-30-2005, 07:44 PM
i say they turn Cena heel while he still has the belt around him. memory is hazey, but have they ever done that? I know they have had people turn heel or face when they won the belt, but have they ever actually did a 180 and turn a world champ from face to heel DURING their run?

I'm pretty sure they have.. but i can't recall when..

does anybody else know?"

good question!

The Gooch
12-01-2005, 08:06 AM
I'm pretty sure they have.. but i can't recall when..

does anybody else know?"

good question!

Didn't they do that with Macho Man? He won the belt as as face @ WM 4 and lost it as a heel to Hogan @ WM 5 in the Collision of the Mega Powers.

AJHayes
12-01-2005, 04:39 PM
Now come on, I'm sure Nick Mondo can pull off a body slam on a good day.

Mondo: ".....Body....Slam?"

Londoner
12-01-2005, 05:43 PM
The problem is that Cena has been booked so poorly as a face. Faces are supposed to chase for the title usually and then wehn they do win it,it feels like a relief that they finally 'got there'. But Cena is always the champ.There's no excitement because he hasn't really earnt it and we don't think he deserves it either.He needs to be a heel again.I've got an idea of how to do that aswell.

Have Shane Mcmahon remove Dalvari from being Kurt Angles ref, which then removes some of Angles heel heat.Then have Cena make a promo and say the fans are the ones who suck. He's a champion and that's something they never will be,(or something like that) etc...and then Cena can be a dominant heel champ.Though i'm not sure that i want to see Angle as a face.