PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks Goldberg's reign should end?

StoneColdStunner
12-10-2003, 02:48 PM
I think Goldberg has been a World Champion to long, I think it's time for a new World Champion. And that is why i hope Kane will win the match against Goldberg and HHH. that's my opinion. ( Correct me if i have written something wrong PLEASE)

Ricky
12-10-2003, 02:52 PM
I disagree.

I'd like Kane to win it, but I don't think Goldberg has had it too long.

Triple H had it basically for a whole year.

Tosh666
12-10-2003, 02:56 PM
The way I see it either HHH will win the title back or Goldberg will retain with Kane doing the job, cause I can't see HHH jobbing 3 ppvs in a row, so either way for me a Kane fan <--- the outcome will be disappointing.

On another note does anyone else feel it's a bit unfair that HHH gets another main event title match without working hardly any shows

StoneColdStunner
12-10-2003, 02:56 PM
I disagree.

I'd like Kane to win it, but I don't think Goldberg has had it too long.

Triple H had it basically for a whole year.

:) well then it's just that he is boring me as a wrestler :p haha

The Show Off
12-10-2003, 02:59 PM
I want the title to stay on Goldberg's waist, because Kane never seemed like world championship material to me, and frankly Triple H in the past 3 years had held the belt for a grand total of basically 2 years I think Goldberg is the perfect person to build a new star with. Personally, I'd like to see Rob Van Dam turn heel, and challenge Goldberg for the title. What they should end up doing is, proving in tag matches and stuff, that RVD's style is so unorthodox that Goldberg can't get a read on it and RVD seems like he has Goldberg's number. Then at the PPV, probably Royal Rumble, Goldberg finally figures out RVD's style, but RVD ends up cheating to win the title anyway. It'd be a good way to keep Goldberg still looking like a monster, and to get RVD the belt. As for thge inital question I think Golberg should retain on Sunday, but I hope he drops the belt before Wrestlemania.

StoneColdStunner
12-10-2003, 03:00 PM
The way I see it either HHH will win the title back or Goldberg will retain with Kane doing the job, cause I can't see HHH jobbing 3 ppvs in a row, so either way for me a Kane fan <--- the outcome will be disappointing.

On another note does anyone else feel it's a bit unfair that HHH gets another main event title match without working hardly any shows

Yes, i think it's unfair. They should give someone else the change to be in that title match. It would be cool if (Jericho or Booker T) would get another change on the title again. But i would be happy if Goldberg would be stopt by Kane because i dont want to see HHH as a champion anymore as goldberg.

The CyNick
12-10-2003, 03:00 PM
Its a tough call.

The way I see it, Goldberg is gaining momentum as the (somewhat) dominant babyface champion. So from that standpoint there seems no point in taking the title from him.

The other point is that they are planning on doing Goldberg vs Lesnar at Mania, the problem is nobody seems to know whether this will be champion vs champion, a unification match, or if one or both guys will lose lose their respective titles before Mania. I dont know the plan, so as a result its hard to say what to do with Goldberg.

My thinking is that at least Goldberg should keep the title until Mania, and then drop the title to Lesnar, maybe forcing Lesnar (as the now RAW champion) to go over to RAW.

I could see throwing the World title on Kane, which would lead to Taker getting the World title upon his return at Mania, which would give him one last shot at being a World Champion.

They could also give it back to HHH, which would lead to HHH vs Orton for the World title. This also makes sense, but is it too soon for Orton to be going after much less winning the World title? Most would probably say yes.

Problem with both those scenarios is that you have Goldberg doing another JOB, and I think that would take away from a potential match with Lesnar at Mania.

Personally, I like Goldberg as champ, and I think it would be very effective if he went into Mania without having done a JOB on TV at least in a one-on-one match. And again, this is just my opinion, not what I think will happen, but I think it would smart to have a Unified Champion coming out of Mania, which of course would be Brock Lesnar.

StoneColdStunner
12-10-2003, 03:01 PM
I want the title to stay on Goldberg's waist, because Kane never seemed like world championship material to me, and frankly Triple H in the past 3 years had held the belt for a grand total of basically 2 years I think Goldberg is the perfect person to build a new star with. Personally, I'd like to see Rob Van Dam turn heel, and challenge Goldberg for the title. What they should end up doing is, proving in tag matches and stuff, that RVD's style is so unorthodox that Goldberg can't get a read on it and RVD seems like he has Goldberg's number. Then at the PPV, probably Royal Rumble, Goldberg finally figures out RVD's style, but RVD ends up cheating to win the title anyway. It'd be a good way to keep Goldberg still looking like a monster, and to get RVD the belt. As for thge inital question I think Golberg should retain on Sunday, but I hope he drops the belt before Wrestlemania.

I like the idea of RVD kicking Goldberg's ass :y:

StoneColdStunner
12-10-2003, 03:03 PM

I like the idea of RVD kicking Goldberg's ass :y: then agian i like the idea of The Cynick both good ideas :y:

StoneColdStunner
12-10-2003, 03:04 PM

I like the idea of RVD kicking Goldberg's ass :y: then again i like the idea of The Cynick both good ideas :y:

Mikey
12-10-2003, 03:31 PM
I am hoping Kane wins the title at the PPV

Head
12-10-2003, 06:38 PM
He's had the title for 3 months. Thats <i>so long</i>.

Like him or not, the way the WWE is using Goldberg as a champion right now is exactly what they need to keeo the title strong.

MVP
12-10-2003, 09:25 PM
As much as I'd like to see Goldberg lose the title at Armageddon I think I'd rather see him hold on to the belt for a little while longer and gain some more credibility. Yeah Kane has been superpushed since July, but I don't think his wrestling has gotten any better. Plus his last major feud was with Shane McMahon and I thought it was a lackluster finish. I won't go off on a tangent here.

In comparison, the great, amazing Triple H has jobbed cleanly to Goldberg, TWICE! {/noob}</NOOB>

Even though I don't like the technique of any of the competetors in the match. It seems like Goldberg gives the World Heavyweight Title more value cause he's been pushed right, and I think he still has a speck of a chance at continuous fame.

Vega
12-10-2003, 09:30 PM
Best outcome: Kane wins
Mid outcome: Goldberg retains
Worst Outcome: HHH wins

c4g2
12-11-2003, 01:14 AM
Goldberg has given the title more credibility. If Triple H wins it, they might as well rename it the HHH Title.

Boondock Saint
12-11-2003, 01:44 AM
He's had the title for 3 months. Thats <i>so long</i>.

Like him or not, the way the WWE is using Goldberg as a champion right now is exactly what they need to keeo the title strong.

:y: I was getting sick of seeing H as champ but wasn't too keen on Goldberg getting it either. But for the most part, I have enjoyed him as champion. No, he shouldn't have it as long as HHH did, but keep it a little while longer.

Boondock Saint
12-11-2003, 01:45 AM
And I would enjoy seeing Kane win it as well. Not a huge Kane fan, but he definitely deserves a title run that is more than 24 hours.

BigGammy v1.0
12-11-2003, 02:09 AM
I'm predicting that Kane wins the title this Sunday, then defends against HHH at Royal Rumble. Orton would turn on HHH in this match, which would lead towards a HHH v Orton match at Wrestlemania.

But as for Goldberg, I think he'll win the Rumble. At some point, he would get traded to Smackdown for the Undertaker, which would then give two more matches at Mania - Kane v Taker for the World title, and Lesnar v Goldberg for the WWE title.

Monkey
12-11-2003, 04:17 AM
I'm predicting that Kane wins the title this Sunday, then defends against HHH at Royal Rumble. Orton would turn on HHH in this match, which would lead towards a HHH v Orton match at Wrestlemania.

But as for Goldberg, I think he'll win the Rumble. At some point, he would get traded to Smackdown for the Undertaker, which would then give two more matches at Mania - Kane v Taker for the World title, and Lesnar v Goldberg for the WWE title.

Nice idea, I like that one. I don't like Goldberg as champ but I think he's probably the best person to be holding the title at the moment because he has a large fanbase. I personally don't think he's suited to PPV main events; he doesn't seem to last that long. I think his title defenses are more suited to RAW where he doesn't have to wrestle for a long period of time, but that's just my POV. I definately think that HHH should be out of the title hunt for a long time

Mr. Nerfect
12-11-2003, 04:41 AM
I think Kane should win, but with his upcoming feud with The undertaker, I don't think he would really be a good choice for Championnow. Although it would make him seem more credible, I don't think he should get the title right now. I see Kane losing via DQ at Armageddon to either Triple H or Goldberg (Probably Triple H so he can say he never lost and stay up there, plus he could play an injury role to take time out). Kane is pushed as the giant heel. Then at the Royal Rumble Kane wins, even after Undertaker returns. Kane then announces that he doesn't want a title shot at Mania, but rather a match with The Undertaker. This would go with the rumours that the WWE didn't want the Royal Rumble Winner to get a title shot this year.

I <3 Negros
12-11-2003, 05:44 AM
I think Goldberg should win. I think Kane is better suited as playing a monster type who doesn't care about the title and is the main secondary fued (maybe with Evolution, which would lead to Evolution turning on Triple H). Goldberg could then be used to elevate some smaller star such as Booker, RVD (incentive to re-sign), or Jericho. Kane though on Sunday should get distracted outside by something and not lose any Monster credibility.

BigDaddyCool
12-11-2003, 10:35 AM
I never liked Goldberg, so he can lose it for all I care. But to be fair, he hasn't held the belt all that long.

Kane Knight
12-11-2003, 11:22 AM

Highl unfair. But life isn't fair, and wrestling SURE as Hell ain't fair.

Corkscrewed
12-11-2003, 04:42 PM
I honestly see Kane getting the belt next. For some reason, I think Triple H will hold off on claiming the World Title for his own again. Maybe I've gone insane from Finals.

Sting Fan
12-11-2003, 04:46 PM
I think Goldberg should retain the title by pinning HHH this gives Orton a reason to give what i feel could be great promo about how Evolution has passed HHH by and then Orton could RKO HHH on Raw starting thier feud.

Meanwhile im not quite sure what to do with Kane but i would have him go on to face Goldberg at the Rumble have him on the verge of Tombstoning goldberg then the lights go out and the gongs play but nothing happens meanwhile Goldberg takes advantage Spear Jackhammer and Goldberg Retains. On the next Raw Kane is hell bent on finding out whats going on and he just kinda forgets about the title (im sure someone else will come up with a better idea to get Kane out of the picture).

Meanwhile at the Rumble Cena will probably win the Rumble so Bischoff could come out on Raw claim prejudice or something and have a Raw only battle royal on Raw and the winner faces the champ at Mania. Now from here you could go with a heel Jericho winning a face Jericho winning maybe a face Booker T or one that i would love to see a heel RVD vs Goldberg at Mania. But personaly i would go with Booker T because Booker T and Goldberg have previous history (wcw) and it could be a huge face vs face confrontation. If they build it right they could keep Goldberg going strong have him beat the likes of Batista and matbe Flair because lets be honest these guys can job and stay over you could even maybe throw in a guy like christian for a title shot, have Booker T win his feud with Henry and build strong to Mania then Booker T could win at Mania but make it a long hard fought battle have Goldberg kick out of the axe kick and the bookend so Booker hits the axe kick bookend and harlem hangover to win. This gives Booker his well deserved title reign before he retires and im sure that with that kind of incentive Booker could drag a damn good match out of Golberg. But realy it could work with anyone of the workers i mentioned i would just prefer Booker because i think Booker vs Jericho for the title after Mania could be an absolute classic and ditto for Jericho vs RVD at the end of Books reign and also both RVD and Jericho have a future ahead of them this may be Bookers last Mania and he certainly deserves the biggest prize in the WWE because for a long time there i know he was the only reason a lot of people were tuning in to raw.

born angry
12-11-2003, 04:48 PM
who's the alternative???????????????????????????????????????

StoneColdStunner
12-11-2003, 04:49 PM
I think Goldberg should retain the title by pinning HHH this gives Orton a reason to give what i feel could be great promo about how Evolution has passed HHH by and then Orton could RKO HHH on Raw starting thier feud.

Meanwhile im not quite sure what to do with Kane but i would have him go on to face Goldberg at the Rumble have him on the verge of Tombstoning goldberg then the lights go out and the gongs play but nothing happens meanwhile Goldberg takes advantage Spear Jackhammer and Goldberg Retains. On the next Raw Kane is hell bent on finding out whats going on and he just kinda forgets about the title (im sure someone else will come up with a better idea to get Kane out of the picture).

Meanwhile at the Rumble Cena will probably win the Rumble so Bischoff could come out on Raw claim prejudice or something and have a Raw only battle royal on Raw and the winner faces the champ at Mania. Now from here you could go with a heel Jericho winning a face Jericho winning maybe a face Booker T or one that i would love to see a heel RVD vs Goldberg at Mania. But personaly i would go with Booker T because Booker T and Goldberg have previous history (wcw) and it could be a huge face vs face confrontation. If they build it right they could keep Goldberg going strong have him beat the likes of Batista and matbe Flair because lets be honest these guys can job and stay over you could even maybe throw in a guy like christian for a title shot, have Booker T win his feud with Henry and build strong to Mania then Booker T could win at Mania but make it a long hard fought battle have Goldberg kick out of the axe kick and the bookend so Booker hits the axe kick bookend and harlem hangover to win. This gives Booker his well deserved title reign before he retires and im sure that with that kind of incentive Booker could drag a damn good match out of Golberg. But realy it could work with anyone of the workers i mentioned i would just prefer Booker because i think Booker vs Jericho for the title after Mania could be an absolute classic and ditto for Jericho vs RVD at the end of Books reign and also both RVD and Jericho have a future ahead of them this may be Bookers last Mania and he certainly deserves the biggest prize in the WWE because for a long time there i know he was the only reason a lot of people were tuning in to raw.

:shifty:

Sensei Of Mattitude
12-11-2003, 05:10 PM
WE NEED LESS TITLE CHANGES!!!!!!

Less Title Changes make the Title more meaningful!

PICK A CHAMPION AND RUN WITH IT!

Is Goldberg that Champion? Not in my opinion. But for the time being... Yes. Goldberg should job at Rumble to set up a match against SCSA at Mania!

Xen0ciDe
12-11-2003, 05:27 PM
Goldberg doesn't deserve to get payed, much less retain. HHH has held the title enough recently... go Kane?

The CyNick
12-11-2003, 06:01 PM

I dont know if Orton should turn right away, but I love the idea of doing a promo the night after Armageddon talking about he and Batista being winners and HHH not quite getting the job done. I would do a deal where there is obvious tension, but its not an all out turn. I think I would save the turn for the Rumble itself. Maybe have HHH eliminate Orton somewhere near the end, but then Orotn comes back and helps eliminate HHH. That would cost HHH the shot at the World Title, and lead to HHH wanting to take Orton's IC title away from him at Mania.

As for Kane, I also agree he should not get pinned on Sunday, which would lead to Kane vs Goldberg at the Rumble one-on-one. Leading up to the show I would have strange things happen to Kane, maybe he gets some wierd gifts (like a black wreath or whatever). Anyway, at the Rumble they do the deal where Kane has the uper hand (by cheating, to keep Goldberg strong), and then the lights go out, and maybe we get a promo from Taker on the big screen. This distracts Kane, and Goldberg gives him a Spear and Jackhammer for the win. That sets up Kane-Taker for Mania.

Goldberg is scheduled to face Lesnar, and again I dont know how this match is going to work (ie will it be title for title?), but I think it would be wise to keep Goldberg as strong as possible so when Lesnar beats him its a big deal.

Kane Knight
12-11-2003, 07:01 PM
who's the alternative???????????????????????????????????????

Nobody.

Thereis nobody in the WWE worth a damn.

Sting Fan
12-12-2003, 02:59 AM
I agree wit everything you say cynick except for Taker cutting a promo i dont want to see Taker in any way shape or form at the rumble i would wait until later to see him. Just have things go down like he is messing with Kane then with about a month to go Taker or Paul Bearer appears to issue a challenge to Kane or maybe have Kane issue an open challenge to Taker with Taker not accepting or declining it would be a risky move but it may attract more viewers than if the match is sure to go down but that is a very risky option.

born angry
12-12-2003, 05:02 AM
Nobody.

Thereis nobody in the WWE worth a damn.

not on raw anyway

where as sd you have

benoit
lesnar
cena
angle
eddie
show (only joking)

Kane Knight
12-12-2003, 02:51 PM
not on raw anyway

where as sd you have

benoit
lesnar
cena
angle
eddie
show (only joking)

Nope. Nobody. No alternative.

sexymanalive
12-24-2003, 02:21 PM
I disgaree I loved the macths where it was Brock lesnar vs Big show they where fun even when the ring compase that was funny as Hell

but the only thing i hate was when zach grown cheat to win his contract what a loser man he's porbley get that one leg from killing someone

Bad Guy
12-26-2003, 02:28 AM
I think Goldberg has been a World Champion to long,
and where were you when HHH was champ? :wtf:

Gerard
12-26-2003, 03:25 AM
I disgaree I loved the macths where it was Brock lesnar vs Big show they where fun even when the ring compase that was funny as Hell

but the only thing i hate was when zach grown cheat to win his contract what a loser man he's porbley get that one leg from killing someone

Are you for f*cking real? Seriously??

And for f*cks sake LEARN HOW TO SPELL. My iq drops a point every time i read one of your little collections of random gibberish.

c4g2
12-26-2003, 03:55 AM

Zach ain't a loser. He may be a big ass backstage, but he needed some help for that particular win over Show. How many one-legged moonsaults would it take to beat Big Show? 20? And he didn't frigging cheat, Lesnar and Angle came in of their own accord to best up Show.

And even though the ring collapsing was worthy of a pop, I don't know anyone who thought it was funny. You sicko or what?

Sephiroth
12-26-2003, 08:41 AM

I'm sorry but i got to agree with Bad Guy, HHH was a champ longer then goldberg is. They are both the same (both boring, and stupid) and if HHH is going to be a hollywoodstar i hope he stays away, same for goldberg.

Kane Knight
12-26-2003, 10:43 AM

Where did SCS say that Goldberg had been the LONGEST champ? No? Only that Goldberg had been champ too long?

This is in no way saying that HHH's reign wasn't long and boring, or that it wasn't longer and more boring than Goldberg's.

Both titles reigns sucked. Both were too long...One was just WAY too long.