PDA

View Full Version : TPWW Indy Wrestlers/Promoters/Personnel...

Xero
12-01-2005, 08:29 PM
I was just wondering who's a real wrestler here, what's your ring name(s), what territory(ies) you work, and what promotions you have worked/currently work.

If you don't want to reveal yourself or certain info that's perfectly understandable. I just thought this would make for an interesting topic.

Nervous Ferret
12-01-2005, 08:30 PM
Destro18 is a wrestler
Last I heard Joey Radd was still rassling
and Dave Youelly but he's in England :(

Cool King
12-01-2005, 08:36 PM
I'll be a wrestler in a couple of years.

So that's when I'll post here.:D

Xero
12-01-2005, 08:37 PM
Destro18 is a wrestler
Last I heard Joey Radd was still rassling
and Dave Youelly but he's in England :(
I know. And I get the drift that KayfabeMan is a promoter...

Skippord
12-01-2005, 08:38 PM
I'll be a wrestler in a couple of years.

So that's when I'll post here.:D

Destor
12-01-2005, 08:56 PM
Yo. Originally my name was Drago (like in Rocky 3) but I grew so fond of Destor I changed it in all of the territories I work in, except my home territory (I would have to turn heel to change my [at least I cant think of a face way for doing it] so I'm stuck with Drago for a while.) My home territory is the only one I'll throw a plug out to. OSW, Old School Wrestling. Though I work for three others. OSW is about as self explanatory as it gets, keep it old school. Its why I love it so much, its NWA (80's) style. It would take a lot of money to make me leave that place.

Thats about all I'll go into, unless someone has something about me they would like to know.

Kane Knight
12-01-2005, 08:58 PM
Anyone need a theme song? :Shifty:

Joey Slugs
12-01-2005, 09:15 PM
I WAS a local promoter for WCPW (http://www.windycityprowrestling.com/)

What Would Kevin Do?
12-01-2005, 09:17 PM
I'm toying with the idea ( half ass thinking really) of going to OVW's school to see if I could cut it after I graduate college, and before I go to law scool, just because I'm curious. If I can... who knows.

Impact!
12-01-2005, 10:35 PM
I'm most likely goig to be going to a wrestling school down in Sydney in two years time. So we'll see what happens.

Cool King
12-01-2005, 10:38 PM
I'll be 18 in 2 years. So when when I am 18, I'll probably just go to Glasgow or Edinburgh and see if they have any wrestling schools.

I know Glasgow has a wrestling school, but I'm not to sure about Edinburgh.:-\

Blitz
12-01-2005, 10:41 PM
Not a wrestler, but I work for indy Fed, Border City Wrestling.

redoneja
12-01-2005, 10:50 PM
Destor, u said u work for OSW, so what kind of style do u use? Do u use a strong style, American, Memphis? And what's ur finish?

Sry just wanted to know

Skippord
12-01-2005, 10:56 PM
The DKO Destor Kutter Overdrive

Destor
12-01-2005, 11:17 PM
Destor, u said u work for OSW, so what kind of style do u use? Do u use a strong style, American, Memphis? And what's ur finish?

Sry just wanted to know

I had to do some thinking on this. I am not a fan categorizing wrestlers into styles. I feel it constricts us. But if I has to classify myself I would say I am a bit of a Hybrid wrestler (a person who meshes all known styles into a modern package) with a Memphis feel (keeping it old school, and leaving out the garbage and shoot styles.) But I also have an Oudou (I've heard it called Royal style) influence from watching so much Japanese wrestling as a child (especially Giant Babba) as I like to focus on pure athleticism; but that varies with my opponent.

For a finish I use a few moves (again going back to the Japanese influence: )

Samoan Bomb- You get the guy on your shoulders (think FU) spin him over your head in a body slam position and drop to your ass, making him land on his back.

Triangle Choke- I hope you know what the Triangle Choke is.

I also do a mean body splash (not to brag) that the crowd eats up. (It's not what you do, but how you do it.)

And don't apologize, I said ask if your interested.

DaBrasko
12-01-2005, 11:22 PM
Ive just started wrestling under the name Alex Angel, I've worked mainly in West Virginia, Ohio, and Kentucky and I had a few matching in Oshawa Ontario Canada. The promotions I've worked for are SCW in Ohio,

redoneja
12-01-2005, 11:24 PM
I had to do some thinking on this. I am not a fan categorizing wrestlers into styles. I feel it constricts us. But if I has to classify myself I would say I am a bit of a Hybrid wrestler (a person who meshes all known styles into a modern package) with a Memphis feel (keeping it old school, and leaving out the garbage and shoot styles.) But I also have an Oudou (I've heard it called Royal style) influence from watching so much Japanese wrestling as a child (especially Giant Babba) as I like to focus on pure athleticism; but that varies with my opponent.

For a finish I use a few moves (again going back to the Japanese influence: )

Samoan Bomb- You get the guy on your shoulders (think FU) spin him over your head in a body slam position and drop to your ass, making him land on his back.

Triangle Choke- I hope you know what the Triangle Choke is.

I also do a mean body splash (not to brag) that the crowd eats up. (It's not what you do, but how you do it.)

And don't apologize, I said ask if your interested.

Yes, oudou was invented by Giant Baba, and is also known as King's Road Style or Royal style(but u prolly already knew that). And I do know what a triangle choke is.

Destor
12-01-2005, 11:29 PM
Ive just started wrestling under the name Alex Angel, I've worked mainly in West Virginia, Ohio, and Kentucky and I had a few matching in Oshawa Onterio Canada. The promotions I've worked for are SCW in Ohio,

Where in Kentucky brother?

Skippord
12-02-2005, 12:25 AM
Triangle Choke=:cool:

Kane Knight
12-02-2005, 12:29 AM
Triangle Chocke is one of 'Starr's finishers in DoR.

(Tribute wrestler of all things...)

Destor
12-02-2005, 12:48 AM
One of my favorite reversals I've doen is to have a guy going for the Electric Chair, and reverse as if I'm going for a victory roll, but when I roll through I come out with him in the Triangle Choke. :cool:

loopydate
12-02-2005, 12:50 AM
That sounds like a damned good spot. Very cool.

mitch_h
12-02-2005, 12:51 AM
I'll be 18 in 2 years. So when when I am 18, I'll probably just go to Glasgow or Edinburgh and see if they have any wrestling schools.

I know Glasgow has a wrestling school, but I'm not to sure about Edinburgh.:-\

We had a a guy from Glasgow come to my wrestling school and train for awhile... he was pretty damn good too.

King Jericho
12-02-2005, 10:57 AM
Think there's two promotions up in Scotland, but I could be wrong, WI:LD and BCW are the two I know of.

I myself am an Indy working here in the U.K, along with a couple other people who post here, including Dave Youell. We mainly work the South West area of the U.K.

mrslackalack
12-02-2005, 12:09 PM
Indy's around here have offered me to wrestle, but I am in college full time and they said it was very low pay. I can get paid double to ref high school football and basketball games.

aaronkyle86
12-02-2005, 12:17 PM
I made my professional wrestling debut alongside my brother in a tag team match in a promotion called Kentuckianna Pro Wrestling a few months ago. I just went by the name "Aaron Kyle" which is my first and middle name. Our gimmicks were very similar to the HeartThrobs, except wwaayy less gay. It went pretty dang well being our first pro match... So well the promoter told us he was probably gonna put the tag belts on us the next show. :)

redoneja
12-02-2005, 12:22 PM
One of my favorite reversals I've doen is to have a guy going for the Electric Chair, and reverse as if I'm going for a victory roll, but when I roll through I come out with him in the Triangle Choke. :cool:

My favorite spot with a Triangle Choke helped me get interested in Japanese wrestling. This was years ago when I was a little kid, I can't remember who the wrestlers or the promotion were but I know for sure it was in Japan. Anyway. The one wrestler gets his larger opponet in a triangle choke from a guard posistion(the wrestlers are facing each other, with the attacker on his back and the victim on his knees while in the hold). All of a sudden the larger wrestler stands up and lifts the smaller guy to about shoulder level, and powerbombs. However, the smaller guy doesn't let go. The larger guy does it again, but the smaller guy still doesn't let go. Finally, the larger guy 'gathers all his strength' and picks the smaller guy up and powerbombs him again. The smaller guy still doesn't let go, and the larger guy is so exhausted, he just collapses and and taps out. :cool:

I had never seen anything like that from American wrestling, and I've been a fan of Japanese wrestling ever since.

Kane Knight
12-02-2005, 12:24 PM
Our gimmicks were very similar to the HeartThrobs, except wwaayy less gay.

:wtf:

Indifferent Clox
12-02-2005, 12:32 PM
I'm JC Phoenix

Cool King
12-02-2005, 12:39 PM
Think there's two promotions up in Scotland, but I could be wrong, WI:LD and BCW are the two I know of.

I myself am an Indy working here in the U.K, along with a couple other people who post here, including Dave Youell. We mainly work the South West area of the U.K.

Yeah BCW is one of them.

Here's a full list of all the Wrestling Schools in the U.K.:cool:

http://www.wrestlingdirectory.co.uk/browse.php?cat=32

I think BCW is the best one for me.

Dave Youell
12-02-2005, 03:16 PM
OK then.

I work as Dave Mercy in the south west mainly, i've worked for the following promotions:

Combat Sports Federstion
4 Front Wrestling
Premier Promotions
Extreme Pro Wrestling Entertainment
WILD
High Impact wrestling
EWF

There's also another gimmcik i've been working on, think simon dean meets rico. Basically a comedy character with hardly any actual wrestling, but it's getting me loads more bookings, unfortunatly right now i'm out of action as I hyper-extended my knee last weekend so i'm not working again till next year, but I normally have at least 2 shows a month.

Combat Sports Federation is my main promotion, it's the one that gave me my shot in the biz and the booker is a real good friend, i also help out with the promotion of these shows as well as the set up and overall booking/advertising.

Afterlife
12-02-2005, 10:44 PM
Joey Radd, as far as I know, has been out of the biz since he got back in Ohio -- For the last three years, I'm sure. However, we're planning on getting a ring built so he, I, and a few others can start workin' on basics and such.

AS for his style/finishers and the promotions he worked, he'd have to tell you that himself.

Corkscrewed
12-03-2005, 04:09 AM
Wow, a lot more wrestlers here than I thought. This is all very cool stuff, reading about you guys. :y: :y: to everyone around. :)

Tornado
12-03-2005, 06:59 AM
A friend i've know all my life has been wrestling for a small local indy fed for the past 3/4 years, and has offered to train me, i'm quite tempted to take him up on the offer.

Destor
12-03-2005, 07:05 AM
Tornado, if you're interested try it. You don't want to get too old and have something to regret. You never know, you could be a natural.

Tornado
12-03-2005, 07:07 AM
Yeah it's something i've always wanted to do. I'm 21 now, so if I want to make a go of it, I need to start soon. The only thing holding me back is that I work full-time, and my physique is worse than Spike Dudley's.

Destor
12-03-2005, 07:16 AM
Physique doesn't mean shit on the Indy Circuit. I have seen some piss poor bodies in the Indies and it doesn't matter. Only a view promotions here and there are picky about only giving pushes to body builders. Of course having a good body and being in shape can never hurt. and you can always get in shape as time goes on. Of course Cardio is something you are going to HAVE to develope. But thats what training is for. That and the bumpin'.

As far as your job goes, wrestling is all about sacrifice, you have to give something up to make it any where. But on one of your days off go to your friend and have him give a quick beginners lesson. Clear a day off for it. And if you think its not you, so what, at least now you know.