PDA

View Full Version : DISCUSSION - Any chance of TRIPLE H and BROCK LESNAR switching rosters? (RR spoilers)

Heyman
01-26-2004, 08:01 PM
DISCUSSION - Any chance of the 2 WORLD CHAMPIONS switching rosters? (RR spoilers)

With a lot of talk in regards to

a)Benoit going to Raw
b)Kane or Goldberg going to Smackdown
c)Taker going to Raw

I've come up with perhaps a better (and yet more intriguing) solution.

Triple H goes to Smackdown, in exchange for Brock Lesnar

Perhaps this could happen: Lesnar comes out tonight on Raw and states that he's ready to accept Goldberg's challenge.....and that he wants to be a part of Raw now so that he can kill Goldberg.

Bischoff then comes out and says that this will NOT happen because Lesnar is a part of SD's roster....and that he can't just come on Raw and make ridiculous challenges.

Evolution's music hits. Triple H comes out. He says that he is sick and tired of Shawn Michaels being a pest. He would be happy to go to Smackdown (With Evolution), so that he can leave HBK's life forever.

Because Evolution (Orton, Batista, and Flair) are associated with Triple H, they also head to Smackdown.

Bischoff says he'll agree to this deal, but only if ONE MORE SD superstar (and a 'big name' that Bischoff thinks is worthy) will come to Raw.....to compensate for the loss of Evolution (ultimately - this turns out to be Undertaker).

The deal then gets complete.

Raw - Lesnar, Taker

Smackdown - Triple H, Evolution.

Here is why I like this idea

-The idea of two world champs being traded could cause interest amongst the marks.

-Triple H and Flair give Smackdown some 'big names' on their roster.

-Future Randy Orton vs. John Cena feud. :y:

-Once Lesnar defeats Goldberg at Wrestlemania to become champ, he will be the new HEEL champ on Raw. Because Lesnar will be heel, this will allow FACES such as RVD, Jericho, and Booker T to 'step up'. If Benoit became champ on Raw, these faces would inadvertently be held back (unless one of them turned heel....something which I'm sure the fans DON"T want when it comes to those 3 men).

-If Orton and Batista go to Smackdown with Triple H, then The Rock and Foley will also be present there. Smackdown will get their star power back.

sadio8
01-26-2004, 08:38 PM
Sounds like one hell of a plan :)
But ultimately makes HHH look weak and scared of HBK by simply stating he wants to get rid of that pest hbk.

Heyman
01-26-2004, 08:41 PM
Sounds like one hell of a plan :)
But ultimately makes HHH look weak and scared of HBK by simply stating he wants to get rid of that pest hbk.

True. Instead - maybe he can say something along the lines of, "I've beaten EVERYONE on Raw's roster. I no longer have any challenge. I want someone NEW."

Heyman
01-27-2004, 01:54 PM
Another thing I like about this idea, is that the Lesnar and Goldberg feud gets moved to Raw (I don't get Smackdown :()).

I still maintain that Benoit looks out of place on Raw.....due to Raw being a more sports-entertainment oriented show.

Heyman
01-27-2004, 02:03 PM
Ok,

so now, Heyman will take legal action against Raw if they acquire Benoit right?

Similarly, Bischoff would probably take 'legal action' against Smackdown if they stole Goldberg.

With that being said, why not trade Triple H and Lesnar (to the other show), so that both Benoit and Goldberg can be happy.

The simpler solution would be for Benoit an Goldberg to be traded, but I think that puts both men at a disadvantage. Goldberg goes to a more 'wrestling oriented' show, whereas Benoit goes to the more 'sports-entertainment' focused show.

Also - what happens after Benoit defeats Triple H (if Benoit goes to Raw) for the title? Benoit, as a face, becomes champ. That means that guys like RVD, Jericho, and Booker T inadvertently get held back.

That's another reason why I'd like to see Lesnar make the move to Raw.

The CyNick
01-27-2004, 02:04 PM
Its too much movement in too short a period of time.

If HHH goes, that means all of Evolution goes, that also means Rock and Foley have to show up on a taped show instead of being live on the WWE's 'flagship' show.

In order to make these moves seem special they have to be done in small doses.

In terms of guys stepping up, you shouldn't even bother mentioning RVD and BT in terms of getting pushes. They will NEVER become main event guys. They are entrenched in the mid card uintil their last WWE match. I dont agree with it, but thats just a fact of life in the WWE. No matter who is on what show, those guys will NEVER get a push.

Benoit on SD is a victim of the numbers game. Eddie, Cena, Edge and Taker will all be on SD after Mania (unless something changes) thats 4 faces that would likely get pushed ahead of Benoit, so at leats on RAW he has a better chance of getting near the top. The only real face above him would be HBK (assuming Goldberg is gone after Mania).

Sephiroth
01-27-2004, 02:34 PM
I don't think this will happen, i think Benoit will go to Raw before HHH will go to Smackdown! IMO

Corkscrewed
01-27-2004, 04:43 PM
Bad idea. HHH buries SD! I become very sad and stop doing captions.

Heyman
01-27-2004, 06:19 PM
Bad idea. HHH buries SD! I become very sad and stop doing captions.

Triple H will be leaving the WWE to film movies after WM (or so the rumors say). With that in mind, I don't think he'll 'bury' the Smackdown roster.

Heyman
01-27-2004, 06:30 PM
Its too much movement in too short a period of time.

If HHH goes, that means all of Evolution goes, that also means Rock and Foley have to show up on a taped show instead of being live on the WWE's 'flagship' show.

Hmmmmm.........true. Here's what I had in mind though.

On Raw
-Lesnar/Goldberg
-Austin/???(Hogan or Vince)
-Undertaker/Kane

On Smackdown
-Triple H/Benoit
-Rock/Foley vs. Orton/Batisa
-Angle/Guerrero

I figured it would keep the shows/feuds more 'balanced', but ratings don't seem to really be effected anyways.

Instead of the ENTIRE Evolution moving however, why not just move Triple H? (so in effect, Triple H's association with Evolution would come to an end I guess). I mean - his association with Evolution will most likely end after WM anyways. With this scenerio, Triple H won't have to be put in a position to 'put over' Orton (which could be a huge sigh of relief on Triple H's part ;)).

In order to make these moves seem special they have to be done in small doses.

True. However - it seems like 'something' big will inevitably occur. 4 different men could be changing rosters. Benoit, Goldberg, Taker or Kane, and a '4th' guy to potentially balance out the roster transactions.

Speaking of Taker/KAne, is it a 'guarantee' that one of them will defect, or will the two guys stay on different shows? (and harrass each other on the other show). I guess with that logic, perhaps the same COULD happen with Benoit/Triple H, and/or Lesnar/Goldberg. :?:

In terms of guys stepping up, you shouldn't even bother mentioning RVD and BT in terms of getting pushes. They will NEVER become main event guys. They are entrenched in the mid card uintil their last WWE match. I dont agree with it, but thats just a fact of life in the WWE. No matter who is on what show, those guys will NEVER get a push.

Jericho's on the verge of turning face. With Triple H and Goldberg rumored to be LEAVING Raw, can you honestly say that? Someone will have to step up. Orton (as you said), will need more time in the mid-cards. So - who does this leave?

Do you think Mark Henry or Matt Hardy will 'step up' as heels to face Benoit? Or Kane?

Benoit on SD is a victim of the numbers game. Eddie, Cena, Edge and Taker will all be on SD after Mania (unless something changes) thats 4 faces that would likely get pushed ahead of Benoit, so at leats on RAW he has a better chance of getting near the top. The only real face above him would be HBK (assuming Goldberg is gone after Mania).

That's a very good point. I forgot about Edge. If Taker stays on SD though, perhaps Kane will be going there shortly.

MVP
01-27-2004, 06:30 PM
Triple H and Brock Lesnar working the main event on Smackdown would be a disaster. Both of them are awful as faces, so it's natural that they'd probably be heels. Of course the more talented Lesnar would most likely take second place to Hunter in the booking and writing. If Lesnar goes down, then the rest of Smackdown will likely crumble. Triple H can be compared to the Domino Theory during the Cold War. Triple H (USSR) unleashes his terror on Smackdown (Europe), and the remaining roster crumbles (Eatern European Satellite nations).

Heyman
01-27-2004, 06:36 PM
Seeing as how......

-Benoit/Triple H, Kane/Taker, and Lesnar/Goldberg will all be feuding with one another, do you think there's a chance that the WWE will "nullify" the roster split for a short period of time BEFORE Wrestlemania (and then have the rosters 'set' again after Mania').

With interest destined to get high as Wrestlemania dawns closer, perhaps the WWE could benefit in having their top stars constantly on TV (or on a much more frequent basis anyways).

They could also set up some 'new feuds'.

At the current time, guys like RVD and Booker T are seemingly directionless.

A guy like John Cena could also use 'another' guy to feud with other than Big Show.

See where I'm going with this?

<font color=white>Instead of the WWE being put in an 'awkward' position to make roster transactions (i.e. switching Benoit, Kane or Taker, and Goldberg), maybe they can just *temporarily* cancel the roster split (and then put everything back to the way it was before Wrestlemania). </font>

p.s. I'd also love to see Heyman and Bischoff go at it at Wrestlemania. :lol:

I marked out like a little b</>itch when I READ that Heyman clotheslined Bischoff. :love: