PDA

View Full Version : Booker T An Announcer? Rey Mysterio At WM22...

The Greater Power
12-05-2005, 05:25 PM
Booker T recently auditioned for an announcer spot on Smackdown. He'd like to work as an announcer after he retires. His brother Stevie Ray worked as announcer in WCW in 2000.

Rey Mysterio will be having a top-level match at Wrestlemania next year. There's no word on who he will wrestle yet.

Credit: WrestlingExposed

CharismaInjection
12-05-2005, 05:44 PM
YAY FOR REY REY!

Uh....Booker...I'm not sure, he's been in character so I'm not sure how he'd do...

hb2k
12-05-2005, 05:53 PM
Rey Mysterio will be having a top-level match at Wrestlemania next year. There's no word on who he will wrestle yet.

Da Juice Baybee!

Xero
12-05-2005, 05:56 PM
Da Juice Baybee!
Top level? I doubt it.

Maybe he'll get a US or World (doubt it) title match.

Londoner
12-05-2005, 06:04 PM
Top-level as in World heavyweight title?Though Rey isn't exactly heavyweight, but when has the WWE ever let logic step in their way?

ThruTheWire
12-05-2005, 06:24 PM
Rey Mysterio at WM22? I would have never guessed!

Xero
12-05-2005, 06:42 PM
Top-level as in World heavyweight title?Though Rey isn't exactly heavyweight, but when has the WWE ever let logic step in their way?
Eddie wasn't a heavyweight and he won the WWE championship. Same with Shawn Michaels and the WHC.

VonErich Lives
12-05-2005, 06:50 PM
Booker T recently auditioned for an announcer spot on Smackdown.

The better question is, are they adding a 3rd person or replacing one of the two?

BigDaddyCool
12-05-2005, 07:07 PM
Shawn and Eddie were heavyweights. Heavyweight starts at like 200 lbs. Crusierwieght ends at 230 lbs (this rule gets bent a lot though.) Even in boxing, the light-heavyweight and heavyweight divisions over lap a little. Ever hear of Jimmy Braddock? He was both a lightwieght and heavyweight champion, and he couldn't afford to gain wieght inbetween titles.

BTW, can Booker ever be as good at announcing as Stevie Ray? I mean this is the Stevie Ray that gave use such terms as fruit-bootie. No seriously, Stevie Ray was gold back in 2000. I loved watching thunder because of him.

Xero
12-05-2005, 07:09 PM
Technically, there isn't any weight minumum for the world titles. Just like there isn't a gender rule for the IC title. (Yes, I'm referring to Chyna, and yes, I'm being extremely technical here.)

BigDaddyCool
12-05-2005, 07:10 PM
With what I said earlier, Rey needs to gain like 30 pounds to be heavyweight though.

BigDaddyCool
12-05-2005, 07:11 PM
Technically, there isn't any weight minumum for the world titles. Just like there isn't a gender rule for the IC title. (Yes, I'm referring to Chyna, and yes, I'm being extremely technical here.)

There is for real wrestling a boxing, so I'm just assuming that there is an implied wieght lower weight limit for the heavyweight in the fake shit.

Xero
12-05-2005, 07:16 PM
There is for real wrestling a boxing, so I'm just assuming that there is an implied wieght lower weight limit for the heavyweight in the fake shit.
So could a woman win one of their HEAVYWEIGHT championship?

In all technicality, every title except for the Cruiserweight (staying in what has been said in storyline for that) can be won by anyone even though they're ALL heavyweight championships. (IC, US, European, etc).

BigDaddyCool
12-05-2005, 07:20 PM

In all technicality, every title except for the Cruiserweight (staying in what has been said in storyline for that) can be won by anyone even though they're ALL heavyweight championships. (IC, US, European, etc).

Hmmmmmmm, idk, a man has won both WCW and WWE women's championship.

Londoner
12-05-2005, 07:32 PM

They aren't really heavyweight titles, they're for all weights.If they were heavyweight or cruiserweight titles, it would say so in the title.Like the 'World Heavyweight Championship', for example.

How much does Rey weigh?

Xero
12-05-2005, 07:36 PM
They aren't really heavyweight titles, they're for all weights.If they were heavyweight titles, it would say so in the title.Like the 'World Heavyweight Championship', for example.

How much does Rey weigh?
Rey's 160 or so.

And it's rare, but once in a while (lastly mandatory I guess in the mid-90s) they would announce them as the "WWF Intercontinental Heavyweight Champion". Because of that, they at least ONCE had "Heavyweight" in their name.

Jesus people, don't be so fucking technical.

BigDaddyCool
They aren't really heavyweight titles, they're for all weights.If they were heavyweight or cruiserweight titles, it would say so in the title.Like the 'World Heavyweight Championship', for example.

How much does Rey weigh?

buck 85, tops.

mrslackalack
How about a HBK Rey rematch at WM 22?

BigDaddyCool
12-05-2005, 07:37 PM
sorry, 165

Londoner
12-05-2005, 07:38 PM
Rey's 160 or so.

And it's rare, but once in a while (lastly mandatory I guess in the mid-90s) they would announce them as the "WWF Intercontinental Heavyweight Champion". Because of that, they at least ONCE had "Heavyweight" in their name.

Why can't I be technical?

BlackDawn2024
12-05-2005, 07:38 PM
Top-level match for Rey, eh? I'm really hoping they start pushing him hard as a top-level guy. Putting him over Show would have been a first step, but I doubt that'll ever happen. I'd love to see a WWE Title run out of Rey.

Londoner
12-05-2005, 07:39 PM

Can't see it happening as they're on different shows.

Londoner
12-05-2005, 07:40 PM
Top-level match for Rey, eh? I'm really hoping they start pushing him hard as a top-level guy. Putting him over Show would have been a first step, but I doubt that'll ever happen. I'd love to see a WWE Title run out of Rey.

*World Heavyweight title.

Sorry, i'm being technical again.

BigDaddyCool
12-05-2005, 07:40 PM
Can't see it happening as they're on different shows.

Brock and Goldberg were on different shows.

Xero
12-05-2005, 07:41 PM
Why can't I be technical?
You want to be technical in a fake sport where a woman has held a men's HEAVYWEIGHT championship and men have won women's championships?

Londoner
12-05-2005, 07:46 PM
Brock and Goldberg were on different shows.

Yeah I know,but still, i can't see them building up a rey/hbk feud on different shows, just can't see it working.Though I want to see it ofcourse.I guess they could make the match as a tribute to Eddie or something.

Londoner
12-05-2005, 07:48 PM
You want to be technical in a fake sport where a woman has held a men's HEAVYWEIGHT championship and men have won women's championships?

When have men held womens championships?I can see your point though.I was just making what I thought was a fair point.

Xero
12-05-2005, 07:49 PM
They have interpromotional matches every year now. Donesn't anyone remember Michaels/Angle? Kane/Taker? Taker/Orton?

Londoner
12-05-2005, 07:50 PM
Yes xero, but as I said, how could they possibly build up HBK/rey?

Xero
12-05-2005, 07:51 PM
When have men held womens championships?I can see your point though.I was just making what I thought was a fair point.
Harvey Whipplemen won the Women's title by dressing up as a woman. I'm sure they would give them a physical if it were "real".

The WWE has never put a weight limit on any titles except for their light weight titles. Just because it's called the "WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT Championship" doesn't mean that only heavyweights could win it. It also doesn't mean that it's defended ALL over the world.

Xero
12-05-2005, 07:54 PM
Yes xero, but as I said, how could they possibly build up HBK/rey?
Michaels heel turn. RAW vs. SmackDown! spirit. A number of things can build it easily. Have Rey eliminate Shawn from the Rumble and there you go (even though it did happen last year with Michaels/Angle).

The only problem is that one will have to ideally be heel.

Linkbowler
12-05-2005, 07:54 PM
When have men held womens championships?

Harvey Whippleman.

KingofOldSchool
12-05-2005, 07:57 PM
When have men held womens championships?

Chyna.

Londoner
12-05-2005, 08:07 PM
Michaels heel turn. RAW vs. SmackDown! spirit. A number of things can build it easily. Have Rey eliminate Shawn from the Rumble and there you go (even though it did happen last year with Michaels/Angle).

The only problem is that one will have to ideally be heel.

There's the problem, everything they're going to think of to build it up has happened so much recently its getting boring.I wouldn't mind seeing HBK as a heel again though, I don't like him as a face at the moment.

Londoner
12-05-2005, 08:08 PM
Chyna.

I knew someone would say that.

BigDaddyCool
12-05-2005, 08:09 PM

Also, Oklahoma was women's champion on WCW for a short period of time.

BigDaddyCool
12-05-2005, 08:10 PM

That reminds me, what ever happened to WCW?

Xero
12-05-2005, 08:41 PM
There's the problem, everything they're going to think of to build it up has happened so much recently its getting boring.I wouldn't mind seeing HBK as a heel again though, I don't like him as a face at the moment.
Okay, have Shawn turn heel by attacking Rey at the Rumble in Rey's match and injure him, taking him out of the Rumble (and Michaels gets his spot, since he had lost his chance a while back). Keep Rey off TV for a few weeks and then have him attack Michaels.

Hell, even have Rey be #30 and Michaels wins it by taking his place. The next night have Vince strip him of the contendership and tell him that he's going to face Rey if he gets back before Mania, if not then Shawn gets it.

Build up a few weeks, then a few weeks before Mania have Rey challenge him at Mania for the spot.

Either one could win (preferably Rey), and then they go onto the main event where they basically have to win because Cena (since Michaels had won, the WH Champion should have been in a feud all this time) would have been without a title feud to WrestleMania (he could have been feuding with Michaels up until Mania though I guess).

Fresh enough for you?

DRBailey
12-05-2005, 08:48 PM
For fuck's sake, if WWE had it right I reckon Rey vs Shelton would have ruled, but Rey as a headliner of WM ? Now as long as they give him a credible opponent in terms of work-rate then I'll buy it...

Corkscrewed
12-05-2005, 11:52 PM
I think Booker would make for a pretty good announcer. He doesn't have to carry his character over to announcing, but if he was the sarcastic "gets worked up over nothing" type of heel announcer, that'd rock.

BlackDawn2024
12-05-2005, 11:53 PM
Actually, though, maybe Rey's "Top-Level" match at Mania 22 is a mask vs. mask match. :shifty:

Corkscrewed
12-05-2005, 11:58 PM
Yeah.

Against KANE.

Corkscrewed
12-05-2005, 11:58 PM
!!! THE FIRE STILL BURNS!!!

BigDaddyCool
12-06-2005, 12:01 AM
Actually, though, maybe Rey's "Top-Level" match at Mania 22 is a mask vs. mask match. :shifty:

Wait, Juvi still has a job?

BlackDawn2024
12-06-2005, 12:01 AM
Wait, Juvi still has a job?

Didn't you hear? Anything can happen in the WWE.

BigDaddyCool
12-06-2005, 12:27 AM
Didn't you hear? Anything can happen in the WWE.

I mean I know anything is possible, but is it probable?

Holy fuck a pig just flew by the window.

BlackDawn2024
12-06-2005, 01:35 AM
I mean I know anything is possible, but is it probable?

Holy fuck a pig just flew by the window.

Was it Juvi?

John la Rock
12-06-2005, 01:38 AM

I like it :y:

Destor
12-06-2005, 07:49 AM
Rey/JBL is my bet.

owenbrown
12-06-2005, 09:48 AM
Hmmmmmmm, idk, a man has won both WCW and WWE women's championship.

as far as I know, a MAN has NEVER won the WCW women's world title.

owenbrown
12-06-2005, 09:51 AM

No, Oklahoma won the WCW Cruiserweight title from Madusa, Not the Women's title. The latter championship was inactive by then.

Lara Emily
12-07-2005, 11:23 AM
No, Oklahoma won the WCW Cruiserweight title from Madusa, Not the Women's title. The latter championship was inactive by then.

Was just about to mention this

Jordan
12-07-2005, 12:52 PM
I bet it will be Rey v.s Batista

Jordan
12-07-2005, 12:53 PM
Rey will be buds with Batista for a long time and when the Rumble and get all this attention and stuff eventually Batista will get jealous and turn on Rey and then there you have it Rey v.s Batista at WM22.

Pepsi Man
12-07-2005, 04:36 PM
Rey's 160 or so.

Yup. Old schoolers particularly call it the Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship. I'm pretty sure I remember Sarge using the verbage all throughout his run as WWF Commissioner.