PDA

View Full Version : Issues with -- and thoughts about -- last night's RAW

TerranRich
12-06-2005, 12:15 PM
Last night's RAW and all the court segment got me to thinking...

1. What was the point of Vince revealing Chris Masters' real name to be Chris Mordetsky? It was kind of weird to watch and didn't make much sense, as far as the big picture goes. Will they still keep calling him Chris Masters? If so, why did they reveal his real name to begin with?

Unless this is all part of this anti-kayfabe revolution we've been seeing glimpses of these past few months. :shifty:

2. Maria's out-of-character speech was hilarious, but again, will they keep her in the ditsy gimmick? I don't see why as now fans have seen that she really can be smart... unless they reveal that her entire speech was written for her...by Vince. ;)

3. The Boogeyman is awesome. I like how he's too good to be kept on just one brand and has been on both quite a bit recently. He's a hilarious character without actually trying to be hilarious, but it doesn't detract from the power of his gimmick. I cringed eveytime I saw worms in his mouth and/or nose, but I laughed at his sudden appearances. He has the ability to be funny, but in a way that does not weaken his character one bit.

4. Were the fans booing John Cena after he came into the ring? And I thank God that he didn't show up at all except for the last 5 minutes. :p

5. Now that Eric Bischoff is no longer General Manager of RAW, I'm pissed. I'm going to be at RAW live next Monday in Boston, and I've never seen Bischoff live. But at least I'll be there when they announce the new GM. :D

6. No, I think that's about it.

Joey Slugs
12-06-2005, 12:24 PM
1. I think it was just a way for Masters not to testify on Eric's behalf. Notice how he was the only one who got asked "Can you state your name, for the record?"

2. It was a goof.

3. He is a freak. I love it.

4. Yes, they were booing him. (I thought that it was a perfect time for him to flip, but if they do it, it'll just be a slow grind to heel status)

5. Bischoff needs to take some time off, let his hair grow, & dye it back to black. Then bring him back with the "Sleazy E" gimmick and have him manage a stable.

6. Cool. Talk to ya later.

CharismaInjection
12-06-2005, 12:29 PM
Hey I didn't see Raw, was Vince there when Cena came out, maybe if he heres the crowds in person he'll either turn Cena heel or take the title off him.

TerranRich
12-06-2005, 01:42 PM
Yes, Vince was there, sitting in a judge's chair on a pedestal in the middle of the ring, watching it all. I hope to God he paid attention, but he smirked and nodded when Cena said he looked ridiculous in the judge's robe and sitting on the chair.

Nark Order
12-06-2005, 01:57 PM
The Masters/Maria/Boogeyman segments were just there to show that nothing was going Eric's way the entire night. The entire trial was rigged and stacked against him. Vince said the thing about Masters so Masters couldn't testify. Obviously it was a joke due to the fact that it is blatantly obvious that most WWE wrestlers don't use their real names.

That's really all. Nothing will come of it.

FourFifty
12-06-2005, 02:02 PM
1. It was freakin' funny so see how one sided Vince was... Hell, listening to his Ipod while Daviri was speaking was gold. I damn near passed out laughing. No, his name isn't really Masters, but then again I doubt that Triple H's real name is Hunter Hearst Helmsly :shifty:

2. That blind sighted me. I found that funny, also, but not as funny as

3. THE BOOGEYMAN! He's coming to get YOU! Oh man, I love this dude as much as I hate it, which is a hell of a lot. On one hand I gotta give props to the TNA fans for chanting "We Want Wrestling" during a Jeff Jarrett promo, but the pageantry behind The Boogeyman is classic.

4. I'm sorry, I was taking a poop when Cena's music hit. It was like "Great, I thought I was going to have a Cena free Raw... he's gonna make a poop joke... Well I make no joke about it."

5. After all of these years is's going to be weird to see a new GM. I like having Bischoff there. You know he's evil, and I think Triple H said it best. "I'd rather deal with the devil I know than the devil I don't" or some crap like that.

6. No, that's not it... It's recess. YES! Moonpies!

JH
12-06-2005, 02:15 PM
MOONPIES AND RC COLA FOR EVERYBODY

TerranRich
12-06-2005, 03:22 PM
Yes, guys, I KNOW that Masters is not his real last name, and that Maria's dumb character is only a character, but I'm talking about blatant lack of continuity. And I know that WWE is not known for its continuity, but that was the biggest continuity jump I have ever seen. Kind of like a meta-joke.

Londoner
12-06-2005, 03:26 PM
Oh yeah, one bit i've just remembered when reading this thread LOL@Vince calling Ashley Simpsons CD awful on live TV, hahahaahaha.

Corkscrewed
12-06-2005, 03:47 PM
Hey man, Vince tells it likes it is. ;)