PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Spot

Indifferent Clox
12-07-2005, 02:14 PM
If you are a wrestler what is your favorite spot you have done? If justa a fan what is your favorite spot you have seen?

my favorite spot was jumping off the top rope to the outside and missing the guy but juijitsu rolling up into a standing position straight out of the dive. From the standing position i superkicked the guy and immediatley fell down at the same time he did. The Ref was counting, I got back in the ring at 6 rolled back out and the match continued.

Fignuts
12-07-2005, 03:19 PM
That time the Undertaker threw me off the Hell in a Cell.

Joey Slugs
12-07-2005, 03:39 PM
Prime Time's jump off the cage against AWA in TNA.

Mr. Nerfect
12-07-2005, 03:43 PM
There are plenty of great spots, but one that always makes me chuckle is when Kurt Angle gets a steel chair and tries to hit someone, but they dodge the bullet, and it bounces off the ropes and catches Angle in the face. Kurt needs to bust that out a more few times.

I also like a spot Paul London and Akio did in Japan, where London went into the corner, but went to floatover and landed in a headscissor position. Akio then swung London over the top rope so Paul's head bounced off the steel steps. Everythime they do a Cruiserweight Battle Royal, I keep hoping to see Paul London eliminated that way.

zach
12-07-2005, 04:36 PM
There are plenty of great spots, but one that always makes me chuckle is when Kurt Angle gets a steel chair and tries to hit someone, but they dodge the bullet, and it bounces off the ropes and catches Angle in the face. Kurt needs to bust that out a more few times.

i loved it when the rock did that because he oversells chair shots and ddts like there's no tomorrow

BigDaddyCool
12-08-2005, 12:04 AM
um...diamond cutter from anywhere?

Skippord
12-08-2005, 12:35 AM
If you are a wrestler what is your favorite spot you have done? If justa a fan what is your favorite spot you have seen?

my favorite spot was jumping off the top rope to the outside and missing the guy but juijitsu rolling up into a standing position straight out of the dive. From the standing position i superkicked the guy and immediatley fell down at the same time he did. The Ref was counting, I got back in the ring at 6 rolled back out and the match continued.

Did you atleast win the match

LK
12-08-2005, 03:10 AM
King Of The Ring 2001 - Angle has suplexed Shane twice into the glass wall. Instead of suplexing him again, he just takes him by the head and throws him straight through. The replay from the front of the stage made that look awesome. Not my favourite but a different one from the usual answers.

V
12-08-2005, 03:31 AM
i am sure it's not my favourite, or even near it, but the first one that came to mind was when jeff hardy swantoned off teh top of the cage at survivor series 2k1

Joey Slugs
12-08-2005, 03:56 AM
or maybe when Flair's head got smashed by the cage door @ WarGames 1997. :lol:

nWo 4 Life

Favre4Ever
12-08-2005, 04:33 AM
The Rock coming out of no where with that flying clothesline, and also his reaction to the stunner.

I also like that crazy spin Rikishi does when he gets clotheslined.

Hired Hitman
12-08-2005, 07:55 AM
Prime Time's jump off the cage against AWA in TNA. I liked the hurricanrana :cool:

Tornado
12-08-2005, 08:03 AM
Mid-Air Sweet Chin Music
HBK vs Shelton Benjamin

Dave Youell
12-08-2005, 08:08 AM
A couple of little spots I always like to do with peeps, nothing fancy, jsut stuff i know i can call with guys i know:

Any time I work with King Jericho:

We will get in a punching contest, knock each other of the ropes, i'll go for my TKO, he'll reverse into his spinning sit down rock bottom, i'll give a few elbows, go to run him off the ropes, he reverves and I come of the ropes with a running ace crusher.

Another one i do with the guy called Gideon:

Go for the TKO, he slides off me and goes for a spin doctor, i give a shots and spin to a standing posistion and hit a double arm DDT

Indifferent Clox
12-08-2005, 01:40 PM
Did you atleast win the match

yes.. but the guy put me in a boston crab that felt like i wasn't ever gonna get out till i pinched his leg.. jerk.

I just love the spot because it's a shawn michaels, ric flair, and eddie guerrero tribute, 3 of my favs.

Indifferent Clox
12-08-2005, 01:45 PM
yeah i have a finisher called the snapper, which is basically a sleeper drop, and another called the no fear factor which is a standing moonsault.

I try to go for a sleeper drop and the guy starts shaking his body and trying to get me off he gets me on his back and runs at the rope backward but i jump up on the top rope walk with him over to the turnbuckle (hard as anything) and i flip over him into a stunner like position. then i get up and do a standing moonsault and pin.

Just John
12-08-2005, 02:07 PM
I'm pretty innovative when I wrestle friends, it just comes straight off the bat, I never plan out, thats why I wanna wrestle professionally.

ddpBANG
12-09-2005, 05:55 AM
My favorite spot was at WM XIX. Jericho SCM on HBK. I didn't think he'd actually get the kick in. Thought for sure HBK would counter. I marked like a little bitch.

Disturbed316
12-09-2005, 09:20 AM
Shane vs Kurt - Angle Slam off the top rope :cool:

Xero
12-09-2005, 09:23 AM
The top rope Sweet Chin Music was one of the coolest looking spots I've seen in a LONG time.

Indifferent Clox
12-09-2005, 11:39 AM
yeah of course you have to be innovative but sometimes if you plan something out it's just as cool. Those aren't my favorite things i've done, but this is about favorite spots.

redoneja
12-09-2005, 11:47 AM
yes.. but the guy put me in a boston crab that felt like i wasn't ever gonna get out till i pinched his leg.. jerk.

:lol:

redoneja
12-09-2005, 11:56 AM
And my favorite spot is whenever a wrestler hits his finisher and is too weak to go right for the pin, and crawls over to his downed opponet and drapes an arm over him. The ref then counts a little slower than normal(sometimes due to 'injury').

Think of the ending to HHH v HBK(Hell in a Cell) @ Bad Blood 2004 or Kurt Angle vs Shane McMahon @ KotR 2001(not sure, but I think Kurt was able to cover him with his entire body)

Indifferent Clox
12-09-2005, 01:34 PM
that's not really a spot.. a spot is a preplanned part of a match, becase otherwise the part couldn't have been done.. or at least a very very low chance of it happening

Just John
12-09-2005, 01:35 PM
yeah of course you have to be innovative but sometimes if you plan something out it's just as cool. Those aren't my favorite things i've done, but this is about favorite spots.

I guess thats a late response to my post? :p

Indifferent Clox
12-09-2005, 01:42 PM
I guess thats a late response to my post? :p
i guess.. i don't do quotes...:shifty:

Corkscrewed
12-09-2005, 03:25 PM
I'm not sure I've ever actually seen stuff like what I'm about to go into, but I wouldn't mind seeing these minor but spiffy spots (that should be relatively safe too).

For simplicity's sake, I'm going to pretend this is Paul London vs Akio.

London goes for some sort of Superkick, but Akio catches his foot. London goes for an enziguri, but Akio ducks it while still holding onto the foot, so London lands and sort of falls down. He gets back up, goes for a heel kick (basically enziguri but the other way) and Akio ducks again. London lands on his foot, and then Akio flips the foot he was holding up, making London do a standing back flip. In that same smooth motion, Akio clotheslines London super hard just as he comes down, making him walk forward but flip backward at the same time.

So it's one big fluid motion, and you see two flips. Just sorta cool. Conversely, you could skip the two enziguris and go straight to the flip -> clothesline instead.

Another idea starts out the same as above, but as London goes for the enziguri the first time, Akio grabs his foot with his other hand, sort of spins while bending forward, and turns it into a unique spinning slam that spins London along a horizontal axis. Ends up looking like a martial arts thing, but it'd be pretty neat.

I'd also mark out for flying move/DDT combo moves we'd prolly never see in the WWE.

- London climbs top rope and gets set in moonsault position. Akio staggers up facing the opposite turnbuckle. London jumps and flip backwards, then in one smooth motion DDT's Akio after completing his flip as he's coming down.

- Springboard Shooting Star Press into a DDT. Pretty self explanatory... you're on the outside of the ring apron, you springboard off the top rope, flip backwards while in midair, then as you come down, tuck the opponent under your armpit and slam him down into a DDT all in one fluid motion.

I'm also a mark any time I see two (typically cruiserweight) wrestlers under go a series of close-fall pinning sequences that results in a standoff.

Fox
12-09-2005, 09:40 PM
-Jeff Hardy dangling from the tag title belts at WrestleMania X-7, only to be speared from 15 feet up by a flying Edge. Awesome moment.

-Kid Kash goes to grab a down on his back AJ Styles. Styles kips up into a huricanrana, all in one fluid motion.

-Jerry Lynn goes to jump on RVD in the corner, RVD ducks under him, leaving Lynn standing on the second rope, facing the crowd. RVD places a chair behind him, somersaults, leaps and spins a vertical 180 in mid-air, catching Lynn around the waist and nailing a sunset flip powerbomb on the chair. Those guys always came up with great spots.