PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

DS
01-26-2004, 11:26 PM
I know I'm not the only one here that plays the Warcraft games and I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting for this game to come out so for those of you intrested, World of Warcraft Beta sign-ups start Wednesday.

I figured if I made that the title this topic would die when the game is released or if someone gets in it so I figured if this stays around I'm sure some of us could put it to good use.

DS
01-26-2004, 11:31 PM
Forgot to say the sign-ups are on Blizzard.com and they aren't first come first serve so don't worry about rushing to put it in. Only a week though so don't forget.

Buzzkill
01-26-2004, 11:58 PM
i cant waitttt

Funky Fly
01-27-2004, 12:19 AM
What what what?

I get next to no news on PC games. :(

road doggy dogg
01-27-2004, 12:51 AM
Yeah I can't wait for it, it's gonna be ****ing amazing

I've just been getting back into WC3 lately too. Been playing tons of games with RBM the past few nights :love:

Still wanna get my damn Shaman icon on b.net :'(

sucafrutpi
01-27-2004, 12:54 AM
OMFG I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!

DS
01-27-2004, 01:05 AM
What what what?

I get next to no news on PC games. :(
What news are you looking for? :)

Funky Fly
01-27-2004, 01:43 AM
Everything on this new Warcraft game.

G
01-27-2004, 01:48 AM
:drool:

DS
01-27-2004, 04:50 PM
World of Warcraft is basically a Warcraft game but in the form of MMORPG. There's a little more features added such as first person view too. Sounds like it will be a great game.

road doggy dogg
01-27-2004, 05:39 PM
For this initial phase of the World of Warcraft beta test, we will only be able to accept applications from Canada, Korea, and the US.

Hahaha Ant got punk'dddddd

Anywho, it looks amazing. I'm definitely at least going to try it for a month.

sucafrutpi
01-27-2004, 07:22 PM
i'm counting the hours til signups start. i really hope i get picked. for those of you who have done beta test for blizzard before, how do they do it? email you to tell you got picked with a link to the game dl?

Funky Fly
01-27-2004, 10:19 PM
Oh, shit! I actually have heard of that game. Hott.

DS
01-27-2004, 10:52 PM
I thought today was Wednesday so I was refreshing the site and it wouldn't show. :o

If they are anything like other beta tests, probably are, they will probably send you an email to tell you that you got in. Then I don't know. Maybe a link or actual beta CD.

sucafrutpi
01-28-2004, 12:49 AM
i hope they mail cd's, but i doubt they will. it would save me 3 days of downloading :|

Y2Ant
01-28-2004, 08:39 AM
For this initial phase of the World of Warcraft beta test, we will only be able to accept applications from Canada, Korea, and the US.

Hahaha Ant got punk'dddddd

mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad

Damn you, and all your Seals, Clubs and Ferrets :foc:

BUT MOST OF ALL, DAMN YOU KOREAN BASTARDS KFSLADFDSLDSKFADSL ^_^ DIEDIEDIEDIEDIE :@lk;jfd;ahl

:'(

BTW Funky just check www.blizzard.com regularly, and the www.diabloii.net website series, i forget the WoW website one, it's on therre somewherre. :wave:

Sephiroth
01-28-2004, 11:59 AM
World of Warcraft :drool:

Funky Fly
01-28-2004, 03:20 PM
BTW Funky just check www.blizzard.com regularly, and the www.diabloii.net website series, i forget the WoW website one, it's on therre somewherre. :wave:

:love:

sucafrutpi
01-28-2004, 07:23 PM
Damn you, and all your Seals, Clubs and Ferrets :foc:

ROFL!!!

Silent
01-28-2004, 08:37 PM
Opens in like an hour, gonna sign up.

sucafrutpi
01-28-2004, 09:28 PM
oh yeah. the wait to feb 4 is going to be hellish.

DS
01-28-2004, 10:12 PM
:mad: It's up but it won't let me submit. :( I'll keep trying.

sucafrutpi
01-28-2004, 10:46 PM
same here. their servers must be overwhelmed. i'll wait til later and try again. did you see the fascist mac system requirements? i don't know what to make of it. either the mac version is really poorly written or you can't adjust graphics settings. if the final version is like that, they won't be selling very many copies. requiring testers to have an OS that only just came out in nov is crazy...512 meg of ram min?!?! it's a ****ing game, not autoCAD!!! and 64 meg of vRAM min, when the pc version only needs a geforce "world's shittiest video card" 2. wtf?
:wtf:

DS
01-28-2004, 10:49 PM
LOL

DS
01-28-2004, 10:51 PM
I hear their servers are incredibly lagged right now. I'm glad I upgraded my PC or I wouldn't have stood a chance.

On step 2 right now. :(

Silent
01-28-2004, 10:59 PM
Holy shit the site is slow.

Silent
01-28-2004, 11:02 PM
And yeah what the **** is up with the mac requirements?!

My computer doesn't even meet the min. requirements for processor speed. I'm 200 mhz short. My video card also might be too slow.

Oh well, I'll sign up anyway. Maybe my friend will get it on his PC and I can play it over there.

sucafrutpi
01-28-2004, 11:04 PM
i don't think your comp's speed will necessarily be a factor on pc. the system requirements for pc are basically any computer made withing the last 3-5 years :roll: i on the other hand may have an advantage, since most mac owners won't meet the minimum system requirements. i'll have to upgraded my OS to play, and my laptop is only 5 months old :GAY:

sucafrutpi
01-28-2004, 11:09 PM
And yeah what the **** is up with the mac requirements?!

My computer doesn't even meet the min. requirements for processor speed. I'm 200 mhz short. My video card also might be too slow.

Oh well, I'll sign up anyway. Maybe my friend will get it on his PC and I can play it over there.

that sux :( if you only have an 800 mhz processor, you don't have a video card with at least 64 of video ram...unless you have an old powermac and upgraded the video card. they might not care. you could always buy a POS eMachines online for like $200 lol. i can't imagine that the final version will be as restrictive on system requirements for mac...they would barely make any ****ing money off it. they probably just picked requirements for the range of systems they haven't been able to test yet. or like i said earlier, it is poorly written and they will tweak it later when they have a bit more time.

DS
01-28-2004, 11:13 PM
There are too many people accessing the Web site at this time.

Figured. :mad:

sucafrutpi
01-28-2004, 11:25 PM
at least you got a message. i just get my browser's 'can't load this page' message. WEAK! i hope this isn't indicative of the kind of performance we can expect from their game network...of course it is still early on the west coast, so i bet they are all flooding the website over there. :-\

DS
01-28-2004, 11:33 PM
That was the first time I recieved that message. It's usually just the "Can't Load..." page.

DS
01-29-2004, 12:28 AM
Finally got done with it.

Silent
01-29-2004, 12:31 AM
I have an eMac. I really want a tower machine that I can upgrade. Preferably a G5, but they are expensive. I would go for a G4 though, don't need any special hardware like a printer or monitor, so maybe I can get one on eBay or something. Any suggestions?

road doggy dogg
01-29-2004, 02:50 AM
Holy Jesus am I glad it's not on a first-come first-serve basis

Went to try earlier tonight and got the same problems as most people here.

Even worse, my PC's internet seems to have gotten the boot, so I can't even really apply. I got a bit through it before my internet went out, and it said something about testing your PC's specs, so I'd rather it test the specs on that one than on this one, so I'll have to wait.

But man, site was going hella slow earlier. I bet it was all them damn Koreans :mad:

KleptoKlown
01-29-2004, 03:05 PM
Gonna try and register from work and from home, double my chances :cool:

KleptoKlown
01-29-2004, 03:07 PM
feck, my work computer sucks :(

G
01-29-2004, 03:27 PM
I still can't get through :(

Silent
01-29-2004, 04:47 PM
OMFG I'm mad now.

I decided WoW was a good reason to go get a new computer finally, so I did. Got a new 1.6 GHz G5 mac, and I bring it home, install the OS upgrades, and BAM it won't even boot up now.

The computer gods hate me.

road doggy dogg
01-29-2004, 05:20 PM
SSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Got my internet fixed and signed up. Nobody must be doing it right now, 'cause I went through totally lag-free and got finished up within 2 minutes. HOT. I can't wait for this game to come out.

Silent
01-29-2004, 08:56 PM
K, got a replacement computer that works, and I signed up. Hope I get in.

sucafrutpi
01-30-2004, 02:21 PM
K, got a replacement computer that works, and I signed up. Hope I get in.

what, did the apple store exchange it? yeah, i waited til the next morning to sign up.
went right through....now i just have to wait til wednesday....the torture :(

Silent
01-30-2004, 07:54 PM
what, did the apple store exchange it? yeah, i waited til the next morning to sign up.
went right through....now i just have to wait til wednesday....the torture :(

I took it back to original store, and they didn't believe it was broken or something, so I waited for almost 2 hours as they tried all these different video connectors and stuff. Finally they just gave me a refund, and I drove to the Apple store in the mall, and bought the same computer there.

sucafrutpi
01-30-2004, 08:54 PM
yeah, i'm not surpised that they didn't take it right back. that's kind of an odd occurance. did you get it at an applestore, compusa, or somewhere else?

Silent
01-30-2004, 11:31 PM
It's called Fry's Electronics. I dunno if it's a national store. Seems like it though.

They suck.

sucafrutpi
01-31-2004, 12:43 PM
haha. yeah i saw them on the apple retailers sections of apple.com. i only go to applestores when i can (like right now i'm about to drive to the nearest one in Richmond, Va), but sometimes i have to go to compusa's just cause they are closer.

Silent
01-31-2004, 12:49 PM
CompUSA has some bad customer service too... I tried to buy a laptop with my dad there about 2 years ago, and it took them 45 minutes to come out and tell me that they were sold out. After I paid for it.

sucafrutpi
01-31-2004, 10:59 PM
ROFL! yeah they must have the worst customer service in the history of retail. everytime i have ever had a question, it took 45 min to find a rep who wasn't busy or actually had some clue of what i was talking about. i usually just look up info on the internet, cause it takes less time or call an applestore. the reps at applestores [in my experience] have always been really helpful.

Silent
02-01-2004, 04:20 AM
Yeah the apple store is awesome. I decided I'm gonna take the longer drive to go there whenever I need something for my computer.

sucafrutpi
02-01-2004, 06:14 AM
where is the closest one to you? i have to drive all the way up to richmond, which is like 70 miles from here....and the traffic is sometimes heavy :-\

Silent
02-01-2004, 02:04 PM
Damn, that sucks. There is one in the mall about 15 minutes (with light traffic) away. Closer to a half hour with heavy traffic.

road doggy dogg
02-03-2004, 08:10 AM
MAaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. I've just been reading past articles and interviews and all that shit about the game. I haven't really read much about it until last night, to be honest. But damn, I'm really pumped for this. The way it sounds, it seems like it will be a nice mix of Diablo and Warcraft. The way the quests are and all makes it seem very Diablo-ish (which IMO is very cool), while keeping the awesome Warcraft feel to it. I hope to God that I can test the beta out, although I highly doubt that. I just hope the game isn't horribly delayed, 'cause if I can't play it within the next year or two someone might get hurt. :mad:

Silent
02-04-2004, 12:01 AM
At least an MMORPG can't get stolen (like Half Life 2) so we don't have to worry about it being delayed because of that.

And it looks like a billion people are trying to play beta, so hopefully a lot of the bugs will be caught and filtered out before the final release.

Buzzkill
02-04-2004, 02:11 AM
WOW did get leaked actually, just an early alpha build, you can explore the world, look at character models, thats about it

Silent
02-05-2004, 02:27 AM
Are you serious man?

F</>ucking people, I swear to god. If WoW gets delayed because of some hackers, I'm going to track them down and beat the shit out of them, and then make them eat their own shit.

sucafrutpi
02-05-2004, 09:35 PM
anyone gotten a response on their application yet? i know they said it would take a couple weeks. i'm so impatient :(

DS
02-05-2004, 10:26 PM
It won't get delayed.

I wouldn't expect the emails for at least another week.

DS
02-11-2004, 11:03 PM
Emails haven't been sent out yet so if you haven't gotten one don't worry about not making it. Just a little update.

sucafrutpi
02-15-2004, 12:24 AM
yeah, i'm such a loser. i've been checking my email every ****ing day. :-\

DS
03-17-2004, 10:10 PM
They are posting on the Blizzard.com and WorldOfWarcraft.com that the betas will be sent out soon and that you are going to get the game by the downloader. So expect them to be out by about Friday.

Silent
03-17-2004, 10:39 PM
I dont even remember what email I used to sign up :'(

I think it was my current one but I dunno.

road doggy dogg
03-18-2004, 03:04 AM
http://www.3daffex.com/alex/1.WMV

Wow HOT video that was leaked about WoW. It shows a few of the different mounts and shit in the game. Pretty ****ing hot.

DS
03-19-2004, 09:23 AM
The first round of beta emails has been sent out.

If you didn't recieve one they are going to send more at the start of each phase so there's still a chance.

sucafrutpi
03-29-2004, 05:54 PM
we just pulled in the other day and i finally got an internet connection hooked up today. checked my email and i got selected for the beta. a 2 gig download on dialup!!! :eek: only 159 hours remaining.... too bad i have to wait until next week for the cable company to hook up cable.

road doggy dogg
03-29-2004, 07:59 PM
SUN OF THE BEACH, FRUTPI

Let me in too, dammit :(:'(

Buzzkill
03-29-2004, 08:23 PM
I will pay you 50 dollars for your beta account.

Buzzkill
03-29-2004, 08:23 PM
And also RDD from what I have heard it is much more like the conventional MMORPG than it is diablo. This isnt bad, because the way everything all fits together is awesome.

DS
03-29-2004, 08:27 PM
The emails that were sent out are for the first phase of the beta anyway. They are going to be sending more out and most of us will more then likely get in.

sucafrutpi
03-31-2004, 02:35 PM
I will pay you 50 dollars for your beta account.
:lol:

Buzzkill
04-01-2004, 01:13 AM
:lol:
I am not joking! You should consider this offer.

sucafrutpi
04-06-2004, 03:24 PM
heh, just got cable hooked up. it took me all week on dialup to get it up to 21% complete. now it will be done in 2 hours :o sustaining >240 kb/s. i think i'm going to ejaculate all over my kb...

road doggy dogg
04-06-2004, 04:24 PM
Man you better tell us how it is :mad: :mad:

DS
04-07-2004, 12:48 AM
I heard this stage of beta isn't that good. It looks quite nice though. They put in a two headed ogre that you can have 2 people play on the same character. ;)

Actually, there are people petitioning to actually put it in now.

sucafrutpi
04-09-2004, 05:37 AM
the beta is pretty good, but i'm having a tough time. the graphics look nice at 1024X768 with all other settings maxed, but it makes the game lag a bit more...and not my comp, but the actual servers. there aren't a lot of ppl on so i don't see why the servers should be lagging, but they do. it takes like a full minute for your spirit to respawn after dying most of the time. i started as a night elf priestess since the quota for night elf hunters was full; this screws me over since most of the quests (at least those that i've done so far) involve killing progressively stronger and larger groups of creatures...something a caster isn't very well suited for. i can't even recall how many times i've died...i made the mistake of wandering into starbreeze village, which is overrun with angry furlborgs, and had to die 20 times to get out. each time you die, your spirit reforms in the nearest village and you have to run to where your body is: or you can pay this bimbo npc 45 XP to resurrect you right there (**** THAT!). so then each death requires an odyssey back to where you died, and when you come back, your are almost dead. so you run ten steps, die again. rinse, wash, repeat :| . i've had it crash 3 times, and i've gotten disconnected from the server like 5 times. usually it likes to crash on the completion of a quest. not a big deal. just reopen the game and log back on and you are right back where you left off. the quests, for the most part guide you along a plot path...although there are the occasional 'gopher' quests, but they all yield decent experience. some of them are gay, cause they tell you to kill something that there are 3 different variations of, such as night sabers (tigers). one quest you kill 'young' night sabers, then in another you kill 'mangy' night sabers. they look practically the same on your screen and they are not interchangable for the quests. then there are the 'stalker' night sabers that appear out of nowhere (they have shadowmelding that works in broad daylight too :| ) and slaughter you. where it gets frustrating is that i was just start to really level up (i'm at 5 now) but now all the creatures gang up on you. so if you attack something...or something attacks you, all the surrounding creatures come over to **** YOU UP. as a priestess, this is especially damning, because if they hit you twice in quick succession, it interrupts your heal spell...i.e. wimpy priestess gets owned in 5 sec. :nono: and of course you don't even have the agility to outrun even the shittiest enemy.

anyway, if anyone has questions, i'll be glad to answer them if i can...i'll post some screenshots later... :wavesad:

Y2Ant
04-09-2004, 09:12 AM
Post some screenshots of the hot female characters. :shifty:

Also, post pics of you jobbing to a dingo-like creature, or the Quill Rat equivalent in WoW.

sucafrutpi
04-10-2004, 04:14 AM
haha, there are not dingos or quill rats in teldrassil. maybe when my adventures take me beyond that.

sucafrutpi
04-15-2004, 02:33 AM
heh, so i was gonna logon and play, but they applied a new patch to the servers requiring you to uninstall, redownload, and reinstall the game. 2 more gigs of downloading...only at 35 kb/s this time since less people have it. ugh. :|

sucafrutpi
04-30-2004, 07:14 PM
i finally got on and played it again. this phase is limited to alliances and hordes races, so i can't continue with my nightelf character :/ . i took some scenery screenshots: http://homepage.mac.com/opaldrake/PhotoAlbum6.html
they are big, but i wanted to preserve the quality. here's a link from a guy that does a lot of spell screenshots, which are considerably more flashy: http://www.xennon.co.uk/jadedsouls/viewtopic.php?t=34

Y2Ant
11-04-2004, 09:01 PM
http://www.blizzard.com/press/040411-street-date.shtml

BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT® ANNOUNCES WORLD OF WARCRAFT® "STREET DATE" - NOVEMBER 23, 2004
Highly anticipated massively multiplayer online game to release simultaneously in multiple regions for the holiday season

IRVINE, Calif. - November 4, 2004 - Blizzard Entertainment® today announced that its eagerly awaited massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) World of Warcraft® will be in stores in North America on November 23, 2004. World of Warcraft will launch simultaneously in Australia and New Zealand, and is planned for release in Korea, Europe, and other countries throughout Asia shortly following. With a monthly subscription, players in these regions will soon be able to experience the epic adventure of the Warcraft® series in an immersive and continually evolving online environment.

In World of Warcraft, players assume the roles of legendary heroes and interact with thousands of other players online as they explore and adventure across a vast world. Whether journeying together or questing on their own, players will engage in heroic battles, develop friendships, forge alliances, and compete with enemies for power and glory. The game features customizable character classes with thousands of weapons, spells, and abilities. With an innovative, easy-to-use interface, an action-packed combat system, and thousands of quests that build an immersive storyline, World of Warcraft offers a MMORPG that will appeal to both veteran and casual players alike.

"World of Warcraft has been our largest undertaking to date," said Mike Morhaime, president and co-founder of Blizzard Entertainment. "When we set out to create a massively multiplayer online game, our goal was to expand the scope of the Warcraft universe by offering an incredibly dynamic game experience. We're extremely proud of the game we've created, and we believe players will be very pleased when they see what we have in store for them."

World of Warcraft will be available for Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP and Macintosh® formats at a suggested retail price of $49.99 in the U.S., and will include a free one-month subscription to the game. The special collector's edition of World of Warcraft will also be available at release for a suggested retail price of $79.99 and will include the World of Warcraft game on both CD-ROM and DVD, a free one-month subscription, a World of Warcraft behind-the-scenes DVD, an exclusive in-game pet, a cloth map of the game world, a soundtrack CD, an Art of the World of Warcraft coffee table book, and a commemorative game manual signed by the development team.

After the initial free one-month subscription ends, players of World of Warcraft will be able to continue playing under one of three different subscription plans. The month-to-month subscription plan costs $14.99 per month, the three-month plan costs $13.99 per month, and the six-month plan costs $12.99 per month. World of Warcraft subscription fees can be paid by major credit card, PayPal, and pre-paid game cards, which will be available in stores where World of Warcraft is sold. World of Warcraft has received a Teen rating from the ESRB.

Y2Ant
11-04-2004, 09:02 PM
WHOOOOOOOO

RBM
11-05-2004, 02:57 PM
Me and alot of my wc3 clanmates/community friends are going to be starting up a horde guild if you all want into that.

mmm....November 23rd...

Requiem
11-06-2004, 03:21 PM
God damn it I'm getting sick of waiting... monday is open beta, and I'm going crazy with nothing to play right now.

Buzzkill
11-06-2004, 03:33 PM
Been in the Beta since June, probably not going to buy it.

Y2Ant
11-06-2004, 08:52 PM
Horde :mad:

Like all the guys i'm gonna make will be human or elf.

road doggy dogg
11-06-2004, 09:04 PM
I'm probably gonna play with Mike and Julian (prallisk and lyeric from battle.net if you've ever played WC3 with them with me or anything before) We should start a guild, and be RBM's rival :foc:

Y2Ant
11-06-2004, 10:35 PM
Well, I wanna make a char in every class pretty much, the only one that doesn't really interest me is the Shaman, but i'll probably do one anyway.

Starting out though i'm only gonna do one or two and make them good :mad:

Y2Ant
11-06-2004, 10:36 PM
So er, what I mean is that i'll probably be using humans/elves for the most part, but i'll make a horde char or two.

RBM
11-07-2004, 06:41 PM
From the sounds of it, Europeans won't be getting the game until a bit after everyone else.

GG.

Y2Ant
11-07-2004, 07:39 PM
FOC

Buzzkill
11-07-2004, 08:13 PM
Sucks for Why Two Ant

Buzzkill
11-07-2004, 08:18 PM
RDD, I hate to be a Buzzkil (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-general&t=385040&p=1&tmp=1#post385040) , but I hope you don't intend on playing with Ant...

Y2Ant
11-08-2004, 01:44 AM
What the fuck.

Apocolyptik1
11-08-2004, 05:04 AM
My brother signed up for the open beta, then went on an install for his work that took him out of state for 3 days so I got to play it pretty much straight through with the occasional break for work and eating.

I started about 6 guys and got them all to level 15 in the 3 days. One of my friends came over and made a guy that he played for a while.

I like the rogue the most currently. The combo system is really neat. It is very much like the diablo 2 assassin, whereas the have a combo build up skill then a finisher move after you have built it up to its max.

I played a warrior. Not much to talk about with them. They are the standard wack'em class that all games have. They are a bit different in this game though seeings how their attacks work off of rage. Your rage builds up with every attack you do and you can execute special attacks you have at the cost of your rage. It also degenrates if you dont use it.

I thought paladins are cool also. Not only do they have the aura's like D2 but they also have seals that they can use on themselves and party members to do different effects. They have some cool melee skills and also get some clerical healing spells at a slower rate the the priest.

Tried the mage. They are just your standard cast spells that cause damage quickly caster. The priest is also your standard healer like other mmorpg's.

The Shaman is about the same as other games. They cast spells that hurt, spells that heal, and have totems that you can cast that will help/effect your party or monsters.

I watched my friend play a hunter but he never got high enough to get a pet. They are the ranged attackers in the game. The dwarves get rifles, which are cool cause you can get different types of ammo like exploding shells. The also get skills to use for the ranged stuff, and some skills for melee.

I didnt get a chance to play a druid, but I wasnt really interested to play it also, so no loss their.

Game handles very well. I did not get dropped once at all while I played it. It wasnt laggy when I played it either. The graphics are phenominal and the intro video is awe-inspiring.

Definitely grabbing it on the 23rd and becoming reobsessed with another game.

Requiem
11-10-2004, 12:58 AM
At 41%.. downloading the open beta now. Luckily, I signed up before they closed the account sign-ups, unlike DS... LOL

Fileplanet account is great.. wish I had gotten it sooner.

Spoon Bender
11-10-2004, 02:45 PM
70% downloaded for me. I dunno how my housemate convinced Blizzard that Canterbury is in the US, but I frikkin love him for it. :D

Played a Druid on closed Beta, they're pretty cool. Can power themselves up quite well and get to shapeshift at high levels. Gonna be playing a human methinks (though I think I'll have to give the Taurans a go as I was an avid Wookiee player on SWG and a big cow is about as close as it gets to a big monkey) ;)

Apocolyptik1
11-10-2004, 03:20 PM
Yes I also happened to jump in again before it closed down. Got it all downloaded and ready to go last night at 4 in the morning, then woke up today on wednesday to find it is down for 2 to 3 hours.

That is so blizzard for me.

DS
11-10-2004, 04:03 PM
At 41%.. downloading the open beta now. Luckily, I signed up before they closed the account sign-ups, unlike DS... LOL

Fileplanet account is great.. wish I had gotten it sooner.
:( I'd be really disappointed if the beta was longer then a week but since it's pretty much just the final stress test, I don't really mind. Plus I have Halo 2 and GTA to play in the time from now to the release.

road doggy dogg
11-10-2004, 08:08 PM
Wow that's gay. Oh well, I have Halo 2 and GTA to give my time/money to.

Requiem
11-10-2004, 10:41 PM
Stupid fileplanet has fucked up files... so after I downloaded it there, I'm having to use the blizzard downloader to go over any corrupt or incomplete files.

Requiem
11-12-2004, 03:21 AM
Been playing a bit now... great game, and I'm definitely buying it.

road doggy dogg
11-12-2004, 03:26 AM
Yeah I don't think I'm gonna get it if they have this bullshit regional server stuff on. What's the point in playing a multiplayer game if you can't play with your online friends?

Y2Ant
11-12-2004, 08:08 PM
:$

Requiem
11-16-2004, 06:20 PM
Yeah I don't think I'm gonna get it if they have this bullshit regional server stuff on. What's the point in playing a multiplayer game if you can't play with your online friends?

You can play on any server, but you won't get the greatest connection if you play on one across the world, for example.

Gonzo
11-16-2004, 10:07 PM
Well that kind of ruins it, at least for me. :o

Y2Ant
11-16-2004, 10:19 PM
Well, I played Diablo II and Starcraft on USEast for the better part of 3 years, so it will probably be the same anyway.

RBM
11-24-2004, 12:01 AM
It came out today. Anyone pick it up?

I have it, but it keeps erroring on disc 4 =\ I'll probably have to network with my friend this weekend to get this bastard installed.

Requiem
11-24-2004, 01:04 AM
I can't afford it yet, or I'd have bought it today.

A few RL friends got it, so I'll be set once I end up getting it.

road doggy dogg
11-24-2004, 01:11 AM
I haven't bought it yet, howeverrrrrrrrr

Brought my PC to the computer shop today to get upgrading. Going from a pentium III 800mhz to an AMD 3 ghz processor, getting a new motherboard, more RAM, and a new video card. I'm not sure which card it is, I'll have to look later, lol. :o

Should have my PC back by Thursday. Buying the game itself tomorrow most likely. Shame Thursday is Lions football and work, but I have Friday off so I know what I'm doing for 12 hours that day.

Apocolyptik1
11-24-2004, 04:55 AM
The disc error for the 4th disc is a common error apparently. A lot of people have been getting it, most just copied the files to the desktop then ran the install and it seemed to have worked.

I bought it and currently play on 2 different servers in the central time zone. Both are pvp and I play on 2 because you can only have 1 type of race per pvp server, so I have my horde guys on Sargeras, and my alliance on Azgalor. Their are a lot of people who started on day 1 and most of the servers became over filled on the first day. They actually had to open up new servers the first day they didnt think they were even going to use right off. Apparently pacific and mountain time are the 2 time zones with the least people in it. East is extremely packed with people (most are Europeans) which forced a lot of eastern US people to shift to the central time zone, so those are the most full of the 4. It takes about 20 minutes to even get into a server to play a guy on the Eastern servers. In time, the pacific servers will be full of asians and it will be like good ole times on b.net.

I played the beta a good deal so nothing is new to me. Their are soooo many new people running around though. Dont even get into the general chat channels cause it is just full of requests of people asking for help, items, and money. Half of them just have people calling everyone in it newb and whatnot. All the spawns areas with quest bosses were camped with almost 50 people on each area. Took me, my bro, and 2 of our friends about 45 minutes to kill a guy because he was so overcamped.

All will be better though in about a week when everything starts to die down though. In a months time, some people wont renew it so that is a little more gone. All in all it is extremely fun and I could see this game dominating the market for a good while. Did a lot better then EQ2 opening day from what I hear.

If anyone has nforce chips on your motherboards, prepare to disable it. Apparently, blizzard coded wrong, and the software tries to allocate the memory on your nforce chip instead of your actual computer memory. This forces the computer to crash and give you the 132 system error. Blizzard tech support asks you to make sure all your stuff is updated like drivers and bios, but it doesnt help. After nurmerous people sending in error reports with Direct X diagnostics, the have finally concluded it was their software that was doing it. Sometimes the game will run fine for an hour before it happens sometimes only 5 minutes. I had to turn mine off, which made me loose my sound but it isnt a big loss because my bro plays right next to me and he just turns his speakers up louder to compensate. Id imagine it will be fixed soon though.

Y2Ant
11-24-2004, 11:09 AM
I don't think I get the game until like January, fucking ridiculous.

road doggy dogg
11-26-2004, 11:08 PM
asdfffffffff

Got my PC back from being upgraded today, and bought WoW (along with Metroid Prime 2 :love: ), so I am a very happy camper right now. Installing :love:

road doggy dogg
11-27-2004, 12:26 AM
KKKKKkkkk it's installe,d patched, and good to go. I'm going in :love:

My account name is tonavin, if anybody wants to find me in the game or anything. I'll probably be in whatever the USEast server is called

Requiem
11-27-2004, 03:27 AM
lol there are multiple servers. There are at total of 88 servers I think now.

road doggy dogg
11-27-2004, 04:50 AM
Haha yeah, I didn't know that since I didn't start yet, obviously :mad:

I've been playing on Durator. It's a pretty fun game so far, even if I have no idea what I'm really doing. Mining is pretty sick though, I just take my pickaxe and get copper :love:

Requiem
11-27-2004, 05:13 AM
I'm waiting to set up an account.. have been busy reformatting my computer for the past few hours.. The CD I created for backup got fucked up somehow, so I lost like 700 mb of stuff I'll never get back.. so I'm trying to deal with shit as it comes up right now.

road doggy dogg
11-27-2004, 01:53 PM
So, for those of you who play, which side did you make a character for? Horde or Alliance? And which servers do you play on?

Requiem
11-27-2004, 05:17 PM
In about 20 minutes or so, I'm gonna be making an alliance char on one of the lower population PvP servers in Central. Have a couple friends doing the same with me.
Probably gonna make a NE Rogue.
We plan on having a secondary PvP server with our Horde chars on it as well. Will have a Tauren Shaman there.

road doggy dogg
11-27-2004, 07:11 PM
Which server? I was talking to RBM, and he has his Alliance guy on Archimonde in Central. So I'm probably gonna make my Alliance char on Archimonde. My Orc is on Durotar, although it seems to be down (along with all the Eastern/Central servers) right now :|

road doggy dogg
11-27-2004, 07:16 PM
Oh, so apparently all of Central/Eastern are down because of maintenance, as of about 3 hours ago. Gayyyy

Requiem
11-27-2004, 11:41 PM
I heard Archimonde is one of the high population servers... meaning it always has a fucking queue most of the day. So, I made my char on the "Laughing Skull<something>" server... made an alliance char there.</something>

road doggy dogg
11-29-2004, 02:57 AM
Haha damn

I admit, I haven't been doing too well, so I just got my first L10 character (yeah shut up :rant: )

Talents are the coolest things ever. Yeah I haven't played any MMORPGs before, so again, shut up :rant: I'm going to jack up my fire skills for my mage and make him obliterate everything :cool:

road doggy dogg
11-29-2004, 03:13 AM
Also, more people need to play, dammit. The only person I've even seen is RBM, and he's farther ahead than me so we never really play with each other :D Get your asses on Archimonde, punks. :mad:

I think I'm gonna restart my orc dude... RBM's troll is on Sargeras (sp), so I'll probably just remake him on there. I kinda want to make a Shaman anyways. We should get a bunch of TPWW guys on (well there's prbably gonna be like 5 of us max) and go through the game together or something :mad:

Funky Fly
11-29-2004, 05:25 AM
Oh shit, this out already? How much is it and what are the system requirements?

Also, how much is the online play fee or whatever?

road doggy dogg
11-29-2004, 05:41 AM
Um.... when I bought it, it was $60 Canadian at Best Buy.

The monthly fee varies, depending on what 'package' you get. The standard pay is $14.99 US / month. I chose the 6 month plan, so I'm only paying $12.99 US / month.

System requirements, according to the box in front of me:

800 mhz
256 mb ram
32 mb video card
direct x 9.0c (included on install disk)
4gb hard drive space
4x cd-rom
internet connection

road doggy dogg
11-29-2004, 05:41 AM
Keeping in mind, that's like the absolute bare minimum requirements

Funky Fly
11-29-2004, 06:00 AM
Um.... when I bought it, it was $60 Canadian at Best Buy.

The monthly fee varies, depending on what 'package' you get. The standard pay is $14.99 US / month. I chose the 6 month plan, so I'm only paying $12.99 US / month.

System requirements, according to the box in front of me:

800 mhz
256 mb ram
32 mb video card
direct x 9.0c (included on install disk)
4gb hard drive space
4x cd-rom
internet connection

Ok, well, I can't afford the online shit at all.

But I am running like

2.3 GHz
1Gb RAM
????Mb Video card (NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420)
Direct x 9.0c
200Gb (over 3 HDDs)
32x CD-ROM (something like that anyway)

Pretty sure my pc could handle this game

road doggy dogg
11-29-2004, 06:02 AM
Yeha I just got done upgrading my PC specifically to play WoW

AMD 3000 processor
512 mb DDRAM (upgrading that very shortly)
256 mb Radeon 9600
Direct X (the most impressive spec on my system, by and large)
fulfilled the HD demand (I have 4gb free, not much else to say)
52x CD-rom
cable connection

Funky Fly
11-29-2004, 06:10 AM
Yeha I just got done upgrading my PC specifically to play WoW

AMD 3000 processor
512 mb DDRAM (upgrading that very shortly)
256 mb Radeon 9600
Direct X (the most impressive spec on my system, by and large)
fulfilled the HD demand (I have 4gb free, not much else to say)
52x CD-rom
cable connection

Oh yeah, I got cable too. Aside from my way old video card I could probably run this thing. Does it have a non-online portion to it?

road doggy dogg
11-29-2004, 06:19 AM
Nope, it's 100% onlien

Funky Fly
11-29-2004, 06:29 AM
Nope, it's 100% onlien

This is poo. :'(

By the time I have time to play it (2 fucking fucking years from now), it will not be as popular and will be loaded with uber players/uber hackers.

road doggy dogg
11-29-2004, 07:39 AM
No, it will still be very popular probably. Everquest has been popular for a long time, and WoW looks like it will be pretty big as well. A lot of people have already signed up for it, so that's promising.

And games where you pay a monthly fee rarely have hackers/duped items and all, since if they did not many people would continue to pay (I certainly wouldn't) There will be really high level characters and all, but it's not really an issue since nobody over L15 or so will be even near the beginning areas anyways.

Y2Ant
11-29-2004, 07:14 PM
What's all this about the different servers, do you have to make your characters on one server and stick to it or something :o?

I am gonna pre-order the game tomorrow, and get in the European final beta in December :rant:

SukkaChump
11-29-2004, 10:18 PM
i'm all about the WoW, ijust got my tauren warrior to lvl 15 today, if anyones interested i play on Argent dawn, or if anyone plays on another server and just wants to fuck around, i can make a new char and get to lvl 10 in like a good 3 hours or so..

road doggy dogg
11-29-2004, 10:24 PM
Yeah it's kinda just like how D2/WC are. Well, more like WC. See, when I first started, I thought the different servers were different areas, hence why I made my first dude on Durator. :o

It's just like in WC3 though, the different servers simply just have different names. Like in WC3, USEast was Azeroth, USWest was Lordaeron, etc. Anyways, you can only play with other people on the same server as you, and you can't transfer any characters over to any other servers. On PvP servers, you can only have one 'side' of characters (Alliance or Horde). Like you can't make both a Troll and a Gnome on the same PvP server.

road doggy dogg
11-29-2004, 10:25 PM
Make an Alliance char on Archimonde, it is so incredibly boring playing by myself :mad:

road doggy dogg
11-29-2004, 10:29 PM
agh4028h4G2G4G24G@$GQGlh OH MY GOD

If I die one more time because some fucking mob spawns right on top of me while I'm trying to take out another one (keep in mind I'm a mage going Arcane/Fire so I'm not exactly a tank) I will rip somebody's throat off :mad:

Buzzkill
11-29-2004, 11:30 PM
Yeah I got a Mage to 35 in closed beta, went fire, good choice :y:

Buzzkill
11-29-2004, 11:31 PM
LOOK AT HIM

http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/jadewolf5675/wow2.jpg
Note: This was before they increased all the stats by 38490328902 :mad:

road doggy dogg
11-29-2004, 11:38 PM
Pritty seksiiiii :cool:

I'll take a pic of mine after a bit, he's not really all that intimidating at the moment :mad:

I'm at the auction house in Ironforge right now bidding on some items :love:

Requiem
11-29-2004, 11:55 PM
You should just make a char on my server, RDD... :cool:

Screw archimonde :D

road doggy dogg
11-29-2004, 11:58 PM
Which server you on? I wanna make a horde char on a PvP server (Durotan isn't one, lol)

I'm thinking of making a Shaman. Yeah I know everybody and their grandmother has one, and they're uberly good, and all that. Well I don't have one, so suck my balls, I'm making one. :mad:

Unless, of course, you're an Alliance char on there, then balls to that :foc:

road doggy dogg
11-30-2004, 12:01 AM
My first successful auction :love:

I sold a bar of silver for 1s 75c :love:

Requiem
11-30-2004, 12:14 AM
I'm gonna be making a horde char soon, since I want a Shaman as well.. I played a Tauren Shaman in beta, and loved it.

Hell, pick a server to make your char on, and I'll join you there. A couple friends of mine are waiting on me to make my horde char somewhere so they can do it as well there.

road doggy dogg
11-30-2004, 12:15 AM
All right, that's fine. Did you wanna go on a PvP server? Seems kinda pointless to go on a Normal one, IMO :o

Requiem
11-30-2004, 12:16 AM
Yeah, PvP is the only way to go.

Requiem
11-30-2004, 12:17 AM
I just need to get my internet to stay online for more than 10 minutes at a time.. pissing me off bigtime. Just sent a bitchy email to them about how much their service is pissing me off.

road doggy dogg
11-30-2004, 12:19 AM
Kkkkk I'm gonna go on Sargeras. I'm still on Archimonde rihgt now, just waiting for this auction to finish (should be done within 10 minutes)

My character name on there will be Keast, so when you go on, add me, then I'll add you once I get on.

Requiem
11-30-2004, 12:19 AM
Oh, and time zone doesn't matter for me as long as it's not pacific. I just noticed that all the central PvP servers are high population, and waiting in a queue sucks ass.

DS
11-30-2004, 12:20 AM
So when you internet is up you are busy sending them an email about how bad it is? Way to spend your time.

On a side note, I think I will be making a purchase soon. For this game that is.

road doggy dogg
11-30-2004, 12:22 AM
I can see why so many people are addicted to e-bay. This auction stuff rules.

Requiem
11-30-2004, 12:28 AM
Having major problems even connecting to WoW right now... fuck ass. This last week has been shitty as far as connecting to anything.

road doggy dogg
11-30-2004, 12:29 AM
Get it sorted, lad :'(

Requiem
11-30-2004, 12:31 AM
It's like.. I enter my log-in info, and it does the whole "connecting... handshaking... connected" thing... and then just sits there. :(

Requiem
11-30-2004, 12:36 AM
Oh yeah.. finally got in. Name is Incarnat. If you're gonna make a Tauren Shaman, I'll wait and we can just do all the same quests together.

Requiem
11-30-2004, 01:40 AM
Way to log on RDD!

Anyway.. I got to level 4 off the beginner quests. Gonna log from it for the night before I get too into it to log off at all.

road doggy dogg
11-30-2004, 02:58 AM
Yeah sorry :$ I was waiting for my auction to finish, then by the time it did RBM logged on and we started playing a bit :o

I'm gonna start a tauren later tonight though and do some quests, so hopefully when you're on next we'll be around the same spot

Requiem
11-30-2004, 04:24 AM
K.. sounds good. I just did the first few basic quests, and part of the 'passage of rites' or something.. was gonna wait to do the ones where you have to go into the boar camp.

Oh, and got to level 9 on my NE rogue char... man.. longest quest ever so far. Took like 2 hours for me and this other guy to find all the pieces in this huge cave. Was crazy.. :yes: It was a quest that he could have solo'd, but I was only level 8 at the time, so if more than 1 mob got on me I was fucked. We just kinda swapped off on kills, so it was cool meeting someone who wasn't just a kill-stealing fucktard like I've ran into in some games before..

road doggy dogg
11-30-2004, 04:31 AM
Yeah some guys are real idiots on there. I haven't come across any that are too bad, but there are some people that go around and tag like every mob in sight, even if they're gonna go after you. When that happens I just run away and let the dick deal with fighting 4 mobs at a time.

I really need to start working on my professions though. I finally started making myself some bags, but my tailoring is still only like 50. I have enchanting as my 2nd one but still have not even used it once yet. I might just get rid of that and go with something like skinning just to pick up some extra cash.

Requiem
11-30-2004, 06:01 PM
I was thinking of taking Skinning and Leathercrafting..

Also, how do you drop a profession?

road doggy dogg
11-30-2004, 06:49 PM
I've actually started working on my Enchanting a bit finally, and I kinda like it. All those useless green items I find, I just disenchant (which boosts the skill), then I use the reagents from that to enchant other things. Right now my skill is only like 10 so I can't do much with it, but in time. :D

My tailoring is coming along nicely though.

Anyways, to cancel a profession, open your character screen (C), then go to the Skills tab. Once in there, just highlight the profession, and there will be a little 'cancel' button near the bottom (the circle with the line through it). It's kinda small, but you should see it.

Requiem
11-30-2004, 08:57 PM
Sweet :cool:

road doggy dogg
11-30-2004, 11:49 PM
Man, I've been meaning to go on and play my Tauren a bit (started him last night), but I'm hooked on my Mage. I dunno, he's not even good, but I just love playing as him :love:

Requiem
12-01-2004, 02:17 AM
Yeah.. my rogue is addicting. Got to level 10.. dual wield, sap, sprint.... man, it's just great. But at the same time I love Shamans. I got to like level 6 on my shaman and am about to go to the next city.

road doggy dogg
12-01-2004, 02:24 AM
I'm just waiting for the server to go back up. :mad: My mage is so much fun to play. I can't wait till I start doing group stuff too, that'll be awesome. I want to level up though so I can get more talent points. :mad: Instant cast Arcane Explosion = sex

DS
12-01-2004, 07:52 PM
I think I am too late. :(

This game is now the fastest selling PC game ever selling over a total of 350,000 copies and Blizzard doesn't think they have enough room on the servers to ship more games at the moment. At $50 a game, that comes out to about $17,500,000 for this one game. That's incredible. If they find out they can't send out any more copies until they get more servers I'll just be stuck with having to wait longer to pick it up.

Requiem
12-01-2004, 08:05 PM
I think I am too late. :(

This game is now the fastest selling PC game ever selling over a total of 350,000 copies and Blizzard doesn't think they have enough room on the servers to ship more games at the moment. At $50 a game, that comes out to about $17,500,000 for this one game. That's incredible. If they find out they can't send out any more copies until they get more servers I'll just be stuck with having to wait longer to pick it up.
lol, go to the EB where we got Halo 2.

They had a whole shelf of em

DS
12-01-2004, 08:09 PM
I don't have money.

I'm just saying when I do decide to buy it they better have it. I'll find it somewhere.

road doggy dogg
12-02-2004, 03:00 PM
Finally hit level 20. Lots of new Arcane spells learned, I spent like 1g just buying them. :|

Blink is cool, but not as good as I thought it would be. It is useful for escaping rooting, and I would imagine is very helpful for PvP. Haven't done a whole lot of of PvP or duelling though, so I can't say for sure. Teleport requiring a reagent = gay :mad:

Requiem
12-03-2004, 01:38 AM
I'm putting my horde char on a different server.. I found a group of guys in the same city as me who have a clan there, so I'm gonna join it probably. (we have a small city, so it's a bigger deal when there's actually people here that play the same game as me)

road doggy dogg
12-03-2004, 04:08 AM
Nice, that's hot. That's kinda why I'm on Archimonde. RBM and a bunch of his clanmates from WC3 are playing on there, so I at least know a few people and play with them. It's infinitely more fun when you play with people you know. :y:

You still should start an alliance char on Archi, I can hook you up. :mad: If you do, you should make an Engineer since we really need one badly :love:

Requiem
12-03-2004, 05:58 PM
Hmm, I might do that... I'm only level 10 on my alliance char, so it wouldn't be too bad to start over. Just deciding if I want to do all the noob NE quests again (they were a pain in the ass), or if I'll try something else...

Joined the clan last night and got my new char from 1-6 in no time at all there... is gonna be great, cause they have LAN parties and stuff all the time.

The Snake
12-04-2004, 05:00 PM
Just got this last night. Username is zkCasper
Hit me up on MSN later tonight Tony and I'll join whichever realm you guys are on.

road doggy dogg
12-04-2004, 05:09 PM
Just log onto Archimonde, and look for me ;) My char on there is just Tonavin. Message me and I'll hook ya up. :D

We're Alliance, btw

Gonzo
12-05-2004, 03:52 PM
Played this game at a friend's house and it is nothing short of amazing. I will definitely be picking this game up.

road doggy dogg
12-05-2004, 08:39 PM
Played a bit with Snake last night :love: Well, sort of. He was on, but I was in the middle of doing an instance. :o I am so addicted to this game. I'm level 26 now, can't wait till I start doing some raids and shit.

When me and my group were in Wetlands a couple Horde players attacked us and we destroyed them. PvP is so ridiculously fun. Can't wait to start ganking some Horde punks :love:

road doggy dogg
12-06-2004, 05:10 AM
FINALLY can make 10s bags now. Gonna be excellent. I should make a ton and sell them at the AH for a pretty penny. Need some Heavy Leathers first thuogh :mad:

Gonzo
12-06-2004, 05:12 PM
rdd, what have you found to be the strongest and weakest classes thus far? If you can help, thanks. I just want to see if there are any distinct advantages to playing a certain character at this point in time.

I'll probably get the game within the next few weeks.

BabyHugger
12-07-2004, 05:33 AM
God this game is mad addicting, level 13 now, RDD how the fuck did you level up so fast. Huge nerd.

Requiem
12-07-2004, 05:52 PM
Wow... this quest is pissing me off. It's the first Tauren Shaman quest that takes you to the barrens. Says to find this guy a bit north of the crossroads, but if you reach NE lands, you've gone too far.

Well... I couldn't find the place in beta, and still can't seem to find it. What pisses me off even more, is in order to explore you have to go through stuff 5 levels higher than you (it's a level 10 quest... I'm lvl 11.. all the stuff in the area is from 11-17 or so)

Requiem
12-07-2004, 05:53 PM
I died like 7 times, because I couldn't get away from my corpse after rezzing near it... kept getting swarmed by mobs higher level than me.

road doggy dogg
12-07-2004, 06:14 PM
Strongest class is EASILY the shaman. So fucking overpowered. I want to gank every shaman I see.

Weakest class, I dunno. A lot of people on the worldofwarcraft.com forums bitch and whine and say the Warrior is awful, but I say they're just retarded. One of the guys I play with has a 31 Warrior who tanks the shit out of everything. Warriors are great in the role they are supposed to play. I don't know really, I haven't seen all the classes 'in action' so y'know.

I love my Mage though. So awesome. Can't wait till I upgrade my Arcane Explosion. AE avec 5 talents = SEX. Best AoE ever. Plus making 10s bags is nice. :)

If you make a Shaman though I might have to never speak to you again.

road doggy dogg
12-07-2004, 06:18 PM
As for levelling, it's not that hard. Quests are the best exp-givers in the game, so do a lot of them. Doing instances is really good for levelling, because you get good exp but hella sweet drops. I'm almost decked out in blue items now. :love: Instances are really hard unless you have a group that knows what the hell they're doing though. Hence why you never join with all the "LFG for VC tell me!!" because they are retards and you will probably die and get frustrated with them

Gonzo
12-08-2004, 01:50 AM
I cracked and just traded about 20 console games in for the money for it. Got the game plus about 10 in change. They were dirt old and I never played them so I figured eh might as well.

Started a Dwarf Hunter on Proudmoore US Servers and this game rocks.

Requiem
12-08-2004, 02:16 AM
Nah.. Shamans aren't that great. They're the jack of all trades... magic, melee, and mild buffs... but they don't get mail armor till 40, and at low levels their DPS sucks ass.

Rogues are simply badass though. Rogues and Mages are powerful. I smell definite nerfs in the near future.

The reason people say warriors are underpowered, is because their talents are apparently really under-par compared to other classes. Overall, they're still the top tanking class though..

Anyway... I'm still 11. Doing a friggin LONG ass quest to get my next totem. Gonna be sweeeeeet. But.... this quest has the hardest to find shit.

Funky Fly
12-08-2004, 02:23 AM
RDD CHECK YOUR GODDAMN PMs, YOU DIRTY LOVE MONKEY.

Requiem
12-08-2004, 02:26 AM
FUNKY FLY YOU SHOULD PLAY THIS GAME NIGGA
WE NEED MORE INTERRACIAL COMMUNICATION HERE

Funky Fly
12-08-2004, 07:02 AM
FUNKY FLY YOU SHOULD PLAY THIS GAME NIGGA
WE NEED MORE INTERRACIAL COMMUNICATION HERE
Only if you pay the monthly fee for me.

Y2Ant
12-08-2004, 02:13 PM
I want this game :(

It sounds mad complex compared to D2 though, i'm gonna be way behind when it gets released here :'(

road doggy dogg
12-08-2004, 04:04 PM
Jack of all trades?! I thought the saying was "Jack of all trades, master of none". Shamans are masters of all trades. They have DoTs, insanely good healing, they can tank better than most other classes, and that's not even mentioning their ability to rez, and of course their totems. Oh, and Ghost Wolf, nothx. And please, "they don't even get mail till level 40". Bullshit. I'm a Mage, and guess what? I don't even get LEATHER at level 40! And I'm not just complaining because Shaman are 'better' than Mages or anything. They're just too good at too many things that it's ridiculous. If they were good at doing 2 or 3 things, then okay whatever. But they're good at nearly everything they do, which is awful.

Requiem
12-08-2004, 11:10 PM
Nah.. play a shaman and then say that. Their DPS is terrible in comparison. In groups, nobody wants you to play offense. They just want you to be a healer, and you don't get as much mana, so in the lower levels, by healing you use up the mana fucking fast. :(

Also, they're only decent in PvP. Most other classes can beat them if the players know what they're doing. Only way a Shaman can beat someone is if the other person just has -shitty- gear, and they don't know how to play their char.

I will say though, that Shamans are decent at soloing... to an extent. Still, they're mainly just a support class when it comes to grouping.

Mages are simply more -powerful- though. You need to play a Shaman and compare them.. I've played both, and Mages kick a Shaman's ass in PvP. Fucking frost = slows = shaman is fucked... not even totems can help that. Also, totems cost mana to put down, and some have a higher cool down. Totems are pretty useless in general right now though... I only drop maybe a strength totem if I'm going against something with a pet right now.

Still a fun class to play, but christ... even with about 360 armor right now, my friend's rogue drops shit in half the time it takes me, and ends up taking half as much damage :(

Gonzo
12-09-2004, 09:51 AM
I'm a Human Warlock. I'm level 11 and just questing arond Elwynn Hills and gaining xp. I've put some time into this so I'm trying to be really weary with what I do to the character because I want to make the best possible choices.

Ninti the Mad
12-09-2004, 10:14 AM
What are the PC specs for this game?

I dont want any pc lag bullshit.

Ninti the Mad
12-09-2004, 10:17 AM
If I have good enough specs, I am going to buy this game.

Boomer
12-09-2004, 10:39 AM
Hoenstly...I want to

But no. I can't. I've got too much to do and too many games already to play.

Nope. Not gonna do it.

No. No......

:mad:

Ninti the Mad
12-09-2004, 12:02 PM
What are the PC specs for this game?

I dont want any pc lag bullshit.

More importantly, tell me your specs and if you experience any lag from the game in any from. Be it from connection lag to framerate lag.

road doggy dogg
12-09-2004, 03:52 PM
Don't worry about screwing anything up, really. You can buy every spell, so you don't have to worry about picking the "wrong" ones. And the talents, there's an option to replace them all, so if you put 30 talents in the totally wrong spot, you can totally wipe them out and re-place them. Of course, it costs money to do (game money :p), but it's a nice option.

As for system specs, well... basically a 1.5ghz computer with 512mb RAM and a 64mb video card should do you over. I'm running an AMD 3500 with a Radeon 9600 and it runs fine. Only part that lags for me is the gryphon rides between major cities, and I'm almost certain that's a RAM problem. I have 512, but am seriously considering upgrading to at least 1 gb.

Requiem
12-09-2004, 05:32 PM
I have a 1.6Ghz p4, 768 DDR RAM, a Radeon 9600XT... I don't have any problems unless it's internet related lag.

The Snake
12-09-2004, 06:28 PM
my guy is named Oguun , is a lvl 10 dwarf right now. Doing the Rogue class, skinning, making leather armor. On Archimonde also.

First lag I hit was last night, and it was actually because i was switching windows back and forth between IM , Word, and WoW. I play over a pretty weak 56k and really don't have any troubles. My connection speed is usually in the 26.6 range. I figure it should work even better for the other 99% of the world that CAN get dial up. Playing basically same specs as RDD

road doggy dogg
12-09-2004, 08:40 PM
You need to talk more, Snake. :mad: Don't feel shy, nobody in the channel is really mean. :p

I finally hit 30. I'm trying to finish off all the Duskwood quests now. Then I might move on to Wetlands or something.

Gonzo
12-10-2004, 12:44 AM
The Westfall is a pain right in my ass.

Requiem
12-10-2004, 12:53 AM
I level slow :( I'm still 12... lol

road doggy dogg
12-10-2004, 01:58 AM
assholes should play on Archiiiiiii

Apocolyptik1
12-10-2004, 04:41 AM
I got a 29 rogue on Azgalor. It is really fun..

road doggy dogg
12-10-2004, 05:14 AM
Yippee, another Rogue... NE or UD?

Apocolyptik1
12-10-2004, 03:09 PM
Night elf, and I was around longer then any of these shmuck rogues playing right now. I was in ST2 and OB with a rogue so they are all copies of me! :).

I have a 18 level shaman also. Just only play him when all my other friends play too.

All the classes are awesome. I dont mind playing any of them, but if you want to complain about their being a lot of something, you should play horde and see how many shamans are around. Alliance has an assload of paladins too. Those 2 classes are the shiznight.

Ninti the Mad
12-10-2004, 03:48 PM
I think I shall partake in this wondrous creation.

Is their a monthly fee?

Also, what seperates this from other mmorpg's? If you dont have much experience in other mmorpg's, what makes this game great to you?

Now I couple of answers I could probably look up very slowly and still not get an answer I want.

Is there housing? How is the depth of that aspect if there is?

Is there pvp only and pvm together or are they seperate?

Do you switch from server to server at will or does your character only stay on one server?

What kind of job skills can you develop and how much would they affect gameplay if you wanted to make a living off it?

Probably more but thats for starters. I like feedback from people who have played the game. Not faq's from creators or whatnot because they can bs sometimes.

road doggy dogg
12-10-2004, 04:30 PM
Haha yeah, there's a ton of Rogues around, but at least they aren't ridiculously powerful. I've taken out a few Horde Rogues no problem last night. :) And yes, there are assloads of Paladins, and don't even get me started on Shaman again. :foc:

As for Ninti:

-yes. It's $14.99 USD per month, or if you order longer payment plans it can go down to $12.99 USD per month over a 6 month period

-I haven't played any mmo's, so I don't have much to go with. From what I've heard, it's nice compared to a couple other ones because of the quests and all. You don't have to sit and camp the same monsters endlessly to level, type thing. I dunno, can't really comment as I haven't played any other mmo's

-not sure about the housing, haven't seen anything like it at all

-there are separate servers. There are 3 types of servers: PvP, Normal (PvE/PvM), and roleplaying. I dunno what the roleplaying one's like, probably one of those ones where you gotta act all into the game. PvP is the best IMO. There are basically 3 types of regions in PvP; Friendly, Contested, and Enemy. In a Friendly zone, you're totally safe from enemy players *unless* you go out of your way to attack them, thus tagging you for PvP (meaning any opposite faction character can attack you). This 'tag' lasts for 5 minutes. In the Contested areas, anybody and everybody is fair game. They're the most fun areas in the game so far I've found. :love: It is a bit annoying when you're questing in a Contested zone and a group of +10 enemy chars ganks you, but that's part of the game. It is supposed to be a war after all. :p And Enemy territory is like contested, only you can't attack the other players unless they attack you first. For example: I'm a Mage and I walk into Durator (Horde territory). I see a lot of Horde players, but am unable to attack them. One of the Horde players fires his bow at me, so I got nuts and kick his ass. Any nearby players who assist him or attack me as well, I can go after too. And finally, in the Normal (PvE) server the only ways you can hostile other players is by typing /pvp and 'tagging' yourself for PvP play, attacking an enemy NPC, or entering an enemy city.

-as of right now, you can only stay on one server. You make your character, and he stays there. I'm not sure if Blizzard plans on changing this in the future, but as of now it doesn't look like it. On that note too, on PvP realms, you can only have chars of one faction on a server. So I have my Mage (Alliance) on the Archimonde server, so I can make as many Alliance chars on Archimonde as I want, but I cannot make ANY Horde characters (unless I were to delete all my Alliance ones)

-there are a few jobs (they're called professions in the game). There are 7 primary professions, of which you can learn any 2 at one time, and 3 secondary, which you can learn on top of your 2 primary. The 7 primary professions are: Herbalism, Mining, Skinning, Tailoring, Alchemy, Blacksmithing, Engineering. The 3 secondary are: Cooking, Fishing, First-Aid. They don't hugely affect gameplay, but you pretty much need to work on them if you plan to be self-sufficient. For instance, for a Mage you almost need to get Tailoring if you plan on equipping yourself properly. If you have a ton of guildmates who give you free stuff, then that's another story. But assuming you're starting off yourself, professions are a great way to equip yourself.

Y2Ant
12-10-2004, 07:02 PM
How many characters do you get per account?

Or is it characters per server?

Also, if you want to make Alliance and Horde guys, do you need to have two seperate accounts for those?

road doggy dogg
12-10-2004, 07:10 PM
As far as I've seen, you can have unlimited characters per account. At least, I haven't heard anything otherwise. You can use the same account for all your chars, whether they're Horde or Alliance, just so long as you don't have one of each on the same PvP server :p

Requiem
12-11-2004, 01:49 AM
I think it's 10 chars per server, and I -know- it's 50 characters max per account.

road doggy dogg
12-11-2004, 03:13 AM
LOL good enough, I could never invest enough time for more than one char even

road doggy dogg
12-11-2004, 03:30 AM
Dammit. I finally got my Tailoring up to 175, and I made myself this really pwn belt. Then I thought I put it on, and went to disenchant what I thought was my old belt, and... yeah, you know how that ends up. :(

Thankfully, the guy who made me the Iron Buckle for it made me too, so no biggy. I wanted to make two of the belt though, to give one to someone else. :(

a;kag can't wait till I get some Mageweave. I still need like 60 silk for all the bags I'm making people though, lol.

Such an addicting game. I love it. So much fun playing with an assload of people. You all need to get it, and I can hook you up with good shit.

Gonzo
12-11-2004, 05:19 PM
What level are you at now rdd?

road doggy dogg
12-11-2004, 09:23 PM
32, gonna hit 33 within an hour. Planning on getting to 34-35 by night's end.

road doggy dogg
12-12-2004, 01:08 AM
Yeah hit 33 earlier. Might hit 34 tonight, but it is OH so much fun killing Horde that I might just do that instead. :)

Y2Ant
12-12-2004, 05:33 PM
Can you go as far as 99 like diablo?

Y2Ant
12-12-2004, 05:33 PM
Also, what are the attributes/skills like now

road doggy dogg
12-12-2004, 05:54 PM
Nah you can only go up to 60. That is almost certainly going to change eventually, but for now 60 is the cap.

Requiem
12-13-2004, 12:47 AM
I imagine they'll raise the level cap with their first expansion, much like EQ does with their expansions.

As for transferring characters to other servers, I doubt they'll do this any time soon (unless to transfer crowded servers to less crowded ones), but in the future, I imagine they will allow you to transfer like in EQ.

Basically, they allow server transfers for a fee, and that's just your char with no items. For a bit more, you can transfer your items as well.

It's pretty expensive in EQ, mostly due to the fact that a lot of people level chars up on PvE servers with powerlevleling help from people, and then transfer chars with items to a PvP server so that they're miles ahead of a lot of people.

road doggy dogg
12-13-2004, 01:08 AM
Sounds pretty lame. Hope WoW doesn't allow that. Players shouldn't be rewarded for being pussies.

Buzzkill
12-13-2004, 01:29 AM
And finally, in the Normal (PvE) server the only ways you can hostile other players is by typing /pvp and 'tagging' yourself for PvP play, attacking an enemy NPC, or entering an enemy city
They might have changed it since the Beta, but if not that isnt right. PvE servers were exactly like PVP, only you couldn't attack each other in contested areas unless /pvp'd

Requiem
12-13-2004, 01:46 AM
Sounds pretty lame. Hope WoW doesn't allow that. Players shouldn't be rewarded for being pussies.

By expensive, I mean upwards of $200 or so.. even a char transfer is like $75 without items.

Only hardcore players did this, and WoW being somewhat geared towards the more casual players, I doubt this will happen much. I know of many hardcore EQ players (the type who would play for days straight doing raids and such), who don't like WoW because it was too easy for them.

road doggy dogg
12-13-2004, 01:49 AM
Good. The less psyho spazzes on WoW, the happier I am.

I don't care much for cost, 'cause some kiddies will get their parents to pay for anything, so they'll do it regardless. I just don't wnt to feel cheated because I had to level while looking over my shoulder, while other players can simply level in the PvE servers then just pay some cash to hop on over to PvP all powerful-like.

Requiem
12-13-2004, 02:01 AM
Yeah.. that would suck.

Gonzo
12-13-2004, 10:53 AM
It ruins the game and I don't see the fun in something like that. I don't understand how any can feel any sort of satisfaction or joy out of playing a game that way.

Gonzo
12-16-2004, 12:19 AM
Level 22 now, Warlock, having fun. I'm in love. <3

road doggy dogg
12-17-2004, 06:22 AM
I started a Warlock too, they're pretty cool. Can't wait to get my mount for my Mage though

Gonzo
12-17-2004, 04:49 PM
Warlocks are fun. I like mine, trying to do things by yourself are overwhelming at some times but can easily handled eventually.

road doggy dogg
12-17-2004, 06:16 PM
Yeah once you get the VW Warlocks get immensely easier to solo with. I love their DoTs too. When I was going to Feathermoon a lvl 47+ (showed up as ?? to me) Lock ran by me on his Felsteed (them things look fucking sick) and slapped on a Curse of Agony that did me in for 750 damage over 30s. That, coupled with the other DoT he threw on, made quick work of me. Ouch indeed.

Gonzo
12-17-2004, 11:30 PM
DoT's are what its all about. The Affliction talent tree is what needs to be focused on too , which improves them. Fun character. I have my VW and being able to tank him makes things 10 X's easier.

road doggy dogg
12-18-2004, 07:11 AM
Yeah, I wanna beef up my Warlock a ton. She is seksi. :-* Female humans are delicious in this game.

Also, lol. Me and a bunch of friends were killing Magram in Desolace, and slaughtering horde stragglers. They called in their lvl 49 and 47 buddies to take us out (which they did because we were in the middle of a pretty big brawl), then they started camping our corpses. Normally I don't care much for camping because I just minimize and browse the forums for a bit and wait. LOL though, I minimized and went back in like 40 minutes later and they were still sitting there. It's so much fun wasting other retards' time. :)

Y2Ant
12-18-2004, 12:07 PM
Camping Rules All :P:P:P

RBM
12-21-2004, 01:56 AM
My druid > all. gg noobs.

road doggy dogg
12-21-2004, 02:23 PM
Do you still even play your priest? :p

Oooooh downloading a patch. Shame that they're nerfing poly. :p Oh well, it's still fine for PvE, aaaaand they're giving Sap and Fear the same nerf so I'm fine. :)

road doggy dogg
12-21-2004, 02:40 PM
Raaaaar stupid router. My patch is downloading retardedly slow. And from what I hear, they updated the UI a bit. Normally I wouldn't have a problem, but I just started using Cosmos last night, so now I'm gonna be hella confused. :p

RBM
12-21-2004, 06:50 PM
I will eventually. Racking up a good amount of rested state exp. (assuming it extends into multiple levels, which it had better or people will die.)

And yeah, I'm downloading this patch retardedly slow as well.

road doggy dogg
12-21-2004, 09:45 PM
Man. Downloaded the patch finally, but now my f'n game locks up every time I log in. Oddly though, it only does it on my main character. I logged in and am playing as my Warlock fine, so I don't know wtf is going on. I log in, load the game up, then my screen goes crazy, and my internet connection stops working. I'm forced to reboot to get anything on my PC to even work, and then just restart the cycle all over again. Le sigh.

Gonzo
12-21-2004, 11:31 PM
My brother said the patch went hella slow too. I was at work. My game seems to be functioning properly as well. :-\

Y2Ant
12-22-2004, 11:57 AM
LOL those cinematic things on blizzard.com are mad funny

road doggy dogg
12-23-2004, 03:13 AM
Ahhh finally got my game working. Fishing in Booty Bay > you

blueskies
12-23-2004, 04:46 AM
anyone playing PVP on Burning Legion?

road doggy dogg
12-23-2004, 09:07 PM
Archimonde > Burning Legion

The Snake
12-24-2004, 12:30 PM
jesus. Fucking 39mb patch. That'll only take me a year to download on dialup.
If they're going to say you can play this over a 56k, then they need to make that shit more managable, or put the patches for download on the website like they did on diablo. At least then I can get them when i'm at work.

road doggy dogg
12-25-2004, 01:35 AM
Meh, downloading the patch is the least of problems. I'm still crashing every time I log in with my Mage. :)

Requiem
12-25-2004, 01:40 AM
You have the newest version of cosmos?

road doggy dogg
12-25-2004, 01:44 AM
Yes, but it crashes even without Cosmos installed at all.

The Snake
12-25-2004, 02:14 PM
Mom tracked down a copy of the Official Stategy Guide for Christmas :love:
Now I can start to figure out where the hell I need to go to get stuff done in this game. Mostly just been killing animals and making them into boots.

The Snake
12-25-2004, 02:16 PM
you guys still need an engineer?

road doggy dogg
12-25-2004, 04:26 PM
Meh, fuck the strategy guide. Thottbot is your friend. :p

Sure, if you feel like making one, wouldn't hurt. ;) Even though we have a bunch arleady, we still desperately need an Alchemist. I might make my Warlock one, just to have. Provided I can still play on her, that is.

The Snake
12-25-2004, 04:32 PM
I don't understand Thotbot. I click on links and quests and what not and it give me coordinates, then when i try to do what it says to find them nothing happens. Just confusing. Need a Thotbot instruction manual :mad: