PDA

View Full Version : Women's Title To Be Defended On Both Shows

redoneja
12-08-2005, 10:06 PM
Credit NoDq.com for the following:

The current WWE Women's Championship will now be defended on both brand shows, Raw and SmackDown!. The current idea for this is to freshen things up a little more in the women's division as there is only some many times Trish can face off against Victoria. Also, officials would like to continue the Trish/Melina feud

Cool King
12-08-2005, 10:22 PM
Intresting.

Do you think they would do that with the CW Title too?

loopydate
12-08-2005, 11:03 PM
I still don't understand why they didn't just do that at the draft lottery/trade deadline. Move all the cruisers to SD, move all the divas to RAW. Then you're not left with this problem.

'Course they also could have not released Molly Holly, Gail Kim, and Jazz and not signed Candice Michelle, Michelle McCool, Joy Giovanni, Rochelle Loewen, Lauren Jones, et al, but that would have made too much sense.

Shadow
12-08-2005, 11:12 PM
Question...when was the last time we saw Michelle McCool anyways?

Pepsi Man
12-08-2005, 11:15 PM
There are only so many times she can wrestle Victoria consecutively, but how big of a move is this, to be honest. How deep is SmackDown's women's roster?

redoneja
12-08-2005, 11:16 PM
About 8 inches

loopydate
12-08-2005, 11:25 PM
:lol:

Honestly, it's Melina, Stacy, and... Uh... Sharmell?

Funky Fly
12-08-2005, 11:28 PM
They've only just realized that if you fire half of the entire division that you won't have enough competitors? They're so retarded, you'd think they were the WWE.

OH WAIT

Kane Knight
12-08-2005, 11:42 PM
They've only just realized that if you fire half of the entire division that you won't have enough competitors? They're so retarded, you'd think they were the WWE.

OH WAIT

Dorkchop
12-08-2005, 11:47 PM
So much for Smackdown and Raw being two different brands. I don't even want the womens' title beind defended on Raw anymore.

The Naitch
12-09-2005, 01:00 AM
SD! and RAW are basically the same shit. I mean you have Big Show and Kane showing up on SD! for no reason even if the Survivor Series is over.

Kane Knight
12-09-2005, 01:24 AM
In a related story, 5 people care.

Source: PWInsider.

Corkscrewed
12-09-2005, 01:30 AM
LOL

Writers finally realizing everything Funky pointed out. :lol:

Innovator
12-09-2005, 01:31 AM
Undisputed. Champ.

Londoner
12-09-2005, 03:47 AM
Hey WWE, here's a tip, how about you just fucking re-join the rosters already?That'll give wrestlers a lot of competition then, but no, that's too logical.

Destor
12-09-2005, 04:06 AM
Hey WWE, here's a tip, how about you just fucking re-join the rosters already?That'll give wrestlers a lot of competition then, but no, that's too logical.
I think they are going to at WM. Right now I think we are seeing a slow build, while they test the waters so to speak. If you're going to go end-brand extension WM is the only place to do it. Think about having all the titels unified at WM. How cool would that be? And they still have plenty of time to get the straps on people worth a shit. Although I imagine we will see Orton/Cena at WM.

CharismaInjection
12-09-2005, 04:41 AM
I think this is yet another hint that the rosters will be recombined.

FourFifty
12-09-2005, 09:44 AM
In a related story, 5 people care.

Source: PWInsider.

Damn it, beat to the joke.... Damn you Kane Knight!:lol:

Kane Knight
12-09-2005, 10:01 AM
I'm just better than you. :D

FourFifty
12-09-2005, 10:09 AM
*insert Sean O'Haire refrence here*

Kane Knight
12-09-2005, 10:40 AM
What, you're gonna put me in a cge? :(

Londoner
12-09-2005, 11:25 AM
I think they are going to at WM. Right now I think we are seeing a slow build, while they test the waters so to speak. If you're going to go end-brand extension WM is the only place to do it. Think about having all the titels unified at WM. How cool would that be? And they still have plenty of time to get the straps on people worth a shit. Although I imagine we will see Orton/Cena at WM.

I hope you're right because it's about time.Orton/Cena wont happen just yet i don't think,there should be a long build up to it first.

Stickman
12-09-2005, 11:42 AM
I hate how it's called a brand split. I mean fuck, they're not different brands. It's all the same thing. I wish they realized that before they decided to split it.

What Would Kevin Do?
12-09-2005, 11:53 AM
My two cents, DO NOT END THE BRAND SPLIT! Then make all titles, with the exception of the IC and US title on both shows.

That way we have a good tag/CW/women's division, a strong main event seen, and then each show can have a strong midcard.

Evil Vito
12-09-2005, 12:19 PM
I still don't understand why they didn't just do that at the draft lottery/trade deadline. Move all the cruisers to SD, move all the divas to RAW. Then you're not left with this problem.

'Course they also could have not released Molly Holly, Gail Kim, and Jazz and not signed Candice Michelle, Michelle McCool, Joy Giovanni, Rochelle Loewen, Lauren Jones, et al, but that would have made too much sense.

<font color=goldenrod>Yeah, I think this would be the most sensical trade to make based on what's happening:

Raw gets all 3 members of MNM and Stacy Keibler

Smackdown gets Big Show and Kane (since they've been there the past few weeks anyways), Helms, and Tajiri

Adds 2 to the women's and CW divisions and swaps tag champs to keep MNM together.

Sure, it would be odd getting Stacy back after trading her months ago, but that happened with Candice anyways. And it would be odd dealing Show/Kane to the opposing brand (but it could always be built as punishment because Kane/Show always lost when they were on SD)</font>

PorkSoda
12-09-2005, 01:08 PM
If anything, tag titles should be defended on both shows. It makes more sense. Maybe at Wrestlemania they could do a unification match :yes:

But womens isn't bad. When the world heavyweight champ was defending on both shows, so was the womens title. Trish held the title during that time, and she worked hard. Trish is one of the hardest workers in the WWE,

On Smackdown you got 2 females who actually will wrestle, Melina and Jillian. I think this is just to keep the Trish/Melina feud going.

mrslackalack
12-10-2005, 10:26 PM
it used to be defended on both shows when the roster split first happened back in 02.

TerranRich
12-11-2005, 01:21 PM
I think this is a hint that the rosters will be merged back together! Wait...haven't we been saying this for 3 years now? I will bet any one person $1,000 that this is NOT a hint that the rosters are being recombined. I'm good for it, too.

Kane Knight
12-11-2005, 01:41 PM
If it was just the women's title, you might be right , Terran.