PDA

View Full Version : UGH @ WWE.com

darkpower
12-09-2005, 09:37 PM
I think this is a wrestling discussion issue rather than anything else, so I'm putting this here. Feel free to move this if there is a better place for it, but here it goes:

They now have the Armageddon theme song on their site for a 99 cent purchase download. And I tried to get it and download it so I can share it and have it.

Unfortunatly, the way you go through the purchase is harder than it has to be. For one, you have to download it and then purchase the licence by a pop up window that comes up after you press play on winamp (it's a .wma file, so I guess you have to use wimamp or something VERY similar in order to even play it). Then put in your info, only pressing Tab to go through the fields doesn't work, and I found myself having to input my info several times because my computer tended to not want to keep that window as an active window for anything (I heard clicks left and right as I was filling out the fields, but I wasn't clicking anything at all). Plus, I guess my password doesn't work anymore, because it said it was wrong, and nothing that I tried that was close to the password I KNOW worked, and my e-mail was completly correct. It eventually let me enter in the rest of my info, because you have to get the password right to continue with the rest of the info.

And then, when I FINALLY got all my info in, it didn't want to submit it. It first said that I had an invalid password (why it still let me put in my info when I had an invalid password to begin with is beyond me). So I clicked on "Try Again", but it didn't let me put in my password again, went right into the Name, address, etc. (what you would put in once past the password screen). Now the second time I tried it, I put in the VERY SAME CREDIT CARD INFO that I did the first time, and njow it came out with a brand new error (an error processing my credit card. I have a good amount of money on it).

Ok, so has anyone else gone though this same issue while trying to get a purchase download from WWE.com? I'm donwloading the theme from Limewire (at least I'm HOPING it's the one I'm looking for), so that's hopefully not an issue now. But is anyone else having trouble going through the licencing process from them.

Kane Knight
12-09-2005, 09:40 PM
WMA was designed for Windows Media Player, the primary media player for it.

You need to have a compartable player, and MP3 players that play WMAs might STILL not support the licensing.

darkpower
12-09-2005, 09:45 PM
WMA was designed for Windows Media Player, the primary media player for it.

You need to have a compartable player, and MP3 players that play WMAs might STILL not support the licensing.

Yeah, I realized that when I saw the extension. I mentioned Winamp because Winamp was the program that came up when I clicked on the file (Winamp supports them, apparently).

Kane Knight
12-09-2005, 09:48 PM
Yeah, as do most music players (REAL and Musicmatch both do IIRC)

V
12-09-2005, 09:49 PM
why didn't you Just download it in the first place (from limewire)

Kane Knight
12-09-2005, 09:56 PM
why didn't you Just download it in the first place (from limewire)

He probably WANTED to do it legally, but like manny consumers was frustrated by the complicated and often buggy music licensing hoops.

Savio
12-09-2005, 10:16 PM
I'll give it to you if you want.....PM me

Corkscrewed
12-10-2005, 02:15 AM
They're stealing your money, duh. Don't be surprised if your credit card account is gone by tomorrow, followed by HHH laughing on Monday on how he used your card to install a new pane for the glass ceiling in one of those CitiBank commercials.