PDA

View Full Version : WTF (SmackDown spoilers)

Jaton
12-09-2005, 09:42 PM
What the hell are they thinking with the Undertaker mind games? Jesus, these are just WAY too over the top. Almost as over the top as the Boogeyman, but not as humorous.

Enjay
12-09-2005, 09:43 PM
Shut up. Those segments were great. Specially the Josh Matthews one.

Jaton
12-09-2005, 09:47 PM
No, this is just way too over the top. A little humorous, yes, but completely fucking ridiculous.

Enjay
12-09-2005, 09:49 PM
Change the channel then.

Joey Slugs
12-09-2005, 10:44 PM
he's done it before. these are pretty good.

The Greater Power
12-09-2005, 11:47 PM
Aww, man, I missed SD tonight (instead saw Syriana) and I really wanted to see these segments.

Is there anywhere you think where I could see them?

Drakul
12-09-2005, 11:49 PM
what happened exactly?

Jaton
12-09-2005, 11:55 PM
The first one was decent, the usual "undertaker's voice comes out of nowhere and the heel is too stupid to just leave through the ramp." Then Orton is washing his hands or something and sees Undertaker's reflection in the mirror and turns around and he isn't there, a la Hogan/Warrior in WCW. Then he's talking to his dad and looks away, then looks back and his dad is all bloody and spasming, then looks again and he's fine. Then his car drives off without anyone in it. Then Josh Matthews (i think?) is possessed by the Undertaker. Yes. Posessed.

PullMyFinger
12-09-2005, 11:57 PM
I forgot SD was on, then as I turn it on...I see Matthews being possessed by the Taker?

WTF? I just shook my head and changed the channel. It was way too fake, and insulted my intelligence.

Taker Fan
12-10-2005, 12:00 AM
I enjoyed the segements because they were different and we haven't seen segments like that since the attitude era. I think RAW was great because it brought back that attitude era feel to it with the far-fetched Bischoff Trial, and I liked SD! bc of those Taker mindgame segments. People that watch wrestling have to expect to see something that is extremely unrealistic, and entertaining at the same time, IMO.

Kane Knight
12-10-2005, 12:11 AM
I enjoyed the segements because they were different and we haven't seen segments like that since the attitude era. I think RAW was great because it brought back that attitude era feel to it with the far-fetched Bischoff Trial, and I liked SD! bc of those Taker mindgame segments. People that watch wrestling have to expect to see something that is extremely unrealistic, and entertaining at the same time, IMO.

Right. Different is good. :|

Taker Fan
12-10-2005, 12:13 AM
Well seeing the lights go out and hearing Taker's voice on the PA every week isn't very interesting.

Funky Fly
12-10-2005, 12:22 AM
It's kinda dumb, because we are supposed to be seeing Orton's perspective.

Kinda like that time Heidenreich was in the nuthouse and the clock ticking was more like bombs going off to Heidenreich, but we could hear it too. :roll:

Kane Knight
12-10-2005, 12:31 AM
Well seeing the lights go out and hearing Taker's voice on the PA every week isn't very interesting.

No, but seeing stuff that would have been laughed out of an 80s horror flick ain't either.

BigChris
12-10-2005, 01:23 AM

Why don't you guys realize that Wrestling is fake? It's a damn show, just like all the other ones on tv, so it doesn't have to be real.

Atleast one person on here has got it, TakeFan

PullMyFinger
12-10-2005, 03:34 AM
Actually, the Attitude Era focused on reflecting reality...how does a man being posessed by Taker seem real? It seems like kiddish era WWF.

DaVe
12-10-2005, 03:56 AM
Well, the early attitude era, till up until Taker took a break from the WWF in 99 wasn't exactly realistic. Though, although Taker was still the dead man, I guess his character was based more around his new attitude rather than him being a dead man.

Funky Fly
12-10-2005, 04:13 AM
Why don't you guys realize that Wrestling is fake? It's a damn show, just like all the other ones on tv, so it doesn't have to be real.

Yeah, but if you make a show retarded (well, more retarded ;) ), you end up alienating a good portion of your audience. WCW comes to mind.

BigChris
12-10-2005, 04:46 AM
I think that the only thing they did well was the Josh Matthews because of how hard that would be to do, and if he didn't sell it well it would have come off retarded, but I feel like he sold it well, the other things remided me of a highschool film I made, only mine was better.

LivingDead
12-10-2005, 07:40 AM
I'm glad I didn't watch it. Imagine if someone walked in.
"Alright, I'll give wrestling a chance, Let's have a look.......What the fuck is this shit?"

Lord-Of-Darkness
12-10-2005, 10:18 AM
you say that, just last week me and my girlfriend walked into the lounge and i was flicking through the channels and realised that Smackdown was on. She was all 'i'm not watching that crap'. So i told her to give it a chance..... what was on? Randy Orton crying in the ring because Takers voice was on the P/A.....how fucking retarded did i feel?

Xero
12-10-2005, 10:23 AM
It wasn't HORRIBLE, I just wish that Tazz and Cole hadn't played it off like we didn't see it. They were like "I'm glad I'm not in his head right now" or something to that effect.

Also, they may have gone a BIT overboard with a few things.

Overall, though, it wasn't the worst thing the WWE could have done in this storyline.

Kane Knight
12-10-2005, 10:29 AM

Yes, our complaints are that ist was fake, not that it was dnoe poorly. You are well educated and very knowledgable on the subject, and know the complaints well.

TerranRich
12-10-2005, 12:30 PM
It was way too fake, and insulted my intelligence.
Ooh, well, listen to how high-class we all sound today, huh? Seriously, you guys -- all of you -- just calm down and remember that it's television. Get a grip on yourselves, the lot of you.

Kane Knight
12-10-2005, 12:35 PM
I think the Eugene CHARACTER would be claiming it insulted his intelligence.

It's not an issue of class, it's an issue of just howbad the segments were. If you're so against discussion, I suggest you log out man. :)

TerranRich
12-10-2005, 12:43 PM
No, it's just the fact that a lot of people think they're too intelligent to watch segments like what were on last night. I liked them. I thought they were entertaining, especially the Josh Mathews one where he was "possessed". It just seems that people can't sit back and be entertained by anything anymore. It insults their intelligence, or it's too low-denominator.

Well, welcome to WWE. What else did you expect? :D :love:

hb2k
12-10-2005, 01:06 PM
One of the things that made the Bloody Cowboy and Possessed Josh things so fucking lame was the sound effects they played over the top. Undertaker in the mirror I didn't mind, because it was conceivable Taker was fucking with Orton by being there and moving. The fact it cut to a different angle on bloody Bob, and the out and out stupidity of the Josh bit, really turned me off this feud. Why couldn't it be about Orton wanting to beat Taker in the Cell to cement his own legend, and Taker wanting to thwart the young upstart.

I guess somebody watched the Exorcism of Emily Rose and thought that would translate well to Smackdown. FUCKING idiots.

Kane Knight
12-10-2005, 01:10 PM
No, it's just the fact that a lot of people think they're too intelligent to watch segments like what were on last night.

That's not saying much.

They were seriously retarded. You don't have to be a MENSA candidate to feel this way. You need to be able to chew and walk simultaneously.

zach
12-10-2005, 02:58 PM
i love over the top shit like this. its refreshing every ocne in awhile, as long as it's not used all the time.

the undertaker going psycho with the ministry and kidnapping stephanie was great. and when they sat down and referred to him as mark, and inferred that he literally had gone insane, i thought it was an awesome angle

Corkscrewed
12-10-2005, 03:13 PM
That's not saying much.

They were seriously retarded. You don't have to be a MENSA candidate to feel this way. You need to be able to chew and walk simultaneously.

Didn't Johnny Ace choke on a pretzel backstage once? :shifty:

RGWhat316
12-10-2005, 03:20 PM
I actually didn't mind those segments. I thought they were funny, and that you don't see this stuff every week. Undertaker's voice over the PA can get tiring after a while. But I still think some of the stuff was entertaining. Thats why I watch WWE, to get some entertainment.

hb2k
12-10-2005, 03:22 PM
It's just, for me, too fucking hokey for a main event angle. It has no credibility, so what's the point in buying the show? To see the conclusion to this BS? They're lucky they have Hell in a Cell.

Kane Knight
12-10-2005, 03:38 PM
The difference between the boogeyman and this is that you have to suspend less disbelief with the Boogeyman. They introduced him as part of the Network, they have made him act comedically, and almost none of his stuff is unexplained.

The Undertaker's tricks last night actually represent a shift in not only medium of KAYFABE, but also the perspective of the viewer, and most peoplewon't be able or willing to do that.

Boogey is flaky, corny even.

Undertaker was unreal even by wrestling standards last night.

And yes, I know wrestling is scripted, hence the "by wrestling standards."

You don't watch "Survivor" to see alien spaceships come to earth.

You don't watch CSI to find out there really are vampires.

You don't watch Doctor Phil for an indictment of modern American living.

Sorry for the examples, since I largely stopped watching TV, I have very few shows I can name.

hb2k
12-10-2005, 05:40 PM
http://www.wwe.com/content/media/touts/feature/29062/1754594

I can see how, looking at this absurd image, people will be shelling out $35 for a PPV next Sunday.

John la Rock
12-10-2005, 05:41 PM
ya it was stupid

Kane Knight
12-10-2005, 05:57 PM
http://www.wwe.com/content/media/touts/feature/29062/1754594

I can see how, looking at this absurd image, people will be shelling out $35 for a PPV next Sunday.

Where do I sign up?

Jaton
12-10-2005, 06:07 PM
At least I'm not the only one who sees this. I ultimately see it as damaging to Orton's character, a potential negative draw, and downright retarded. How can someone take this guy seriously now? His fucking car drove off with a midget hiding under the seat.

Kane Knight
12-10-2005, 06:11 PM
At least I'm not the only one who sees this. I ultimately see it as damaging to Orton's character, a potential negative draw, and downright retarded. How can someone take this guy seriously now? His fucking car drove off with a midget hiding under the seat.

But what's really important is that the Undertaker still looks strong, even though he's so far past his prime he can't see it anymore.

Jaton
12-10-2005, 06:14 PM
God forbid he puts Orton over and looks good at it. He learned his lesson with Brock! :mad:

Kane Knight
12-10-2005, 06:15 PM
I think his limit of making people look good is one per career.

Xero
12-10-2005, 06:17 PM
If this doesn't end at Armageddon, it better go to WrestleMania for the big payoff where Randy finally kills the ultimate legend (Taker's streak).

(Spoilers)

It's been said that Orton is up for a title run next year, so if they have him beat Taker and go on to win the championship in a few months it should be huge.

Jaton
12-10-2005, 06:22 PM
You honestly think that'll happen? When's the last time a fued lasted that long? I'm surprised this one has lasted more than the standard 3 month rule.

Kane Knight
12-10-2005, 06:24 PM
By WM, Orton's credibility will be so dead a title reign wouldn't draw flies if he was bathing in shit.

Xero
12-10-2005, 07:17 PM
You honestly think that'll happen? When's the last time a fued lasted that long? I'm surprised this one has lasted more than the standard 3 month rule.
This feud has lasted 8 months so far. If it goes past Armageddon, they may as well take it to Mania, perhaps with a sub-feud.

Shadow
12-10-2005, 07:20 PM

This fued should've been over and done a long time ago. I mean...a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago. It's crossed the line from fued to really bad horror movie. Fuck...Torrie Wilson tripping over nothing is more interesting than this fued.

Jaton
12-10-2005, 07:46 PM
This feud has lasted 8 months so far. If it goes past Armageddon, they may as well take it to Mania, perhaps with a sub-feud.

How much farther could they go after a casket match AND a hell in a cell?

Jaton
12-10-2005, 07:46 PM
Somehow, after those 2, a cage match would seem tame.

Mike the Metal Ed
12-10-2005, 07:54 PM
Why don't people lighten the fuck up and enjoy a wrestling show for once? :|

Those segments were great. You complain when Taker returns half dead, half biker. Then he starts acting like the real, supernatural Taker and you moan again. I watch wrestling to have a good time and Smackdown has been a dead-on mix of wrestling and entertainment lately.
Don't be afraid to laugh and enjoy when something a bit corny comes on.

Funky Fly
12-10-2005, 07:58 PM
Nigga, I will slap you. :'(

Actually, the Josh segment :y:

But the Bob Orton thing was dee dee dee.

Jaton
12-10-2005, 08:49 PM
I could've dealt with the Josh Matthews segment, had it not been for the other lame ones all in the same night. Okay, it still might've been a little much for me.

And Mike, I didn't moan when he came back because he was half-deadman, half-badass. I'd actually prefer him to just go back to being the badass, because he just doesn't seem too into the character anymore.

Xero
12-10-2005, 08:57 PM
How much farther could they go after a casket match AND a hell in a cell?
Much farther, knowing the WWE. But with this whole "going crazy" thing it seems that Armageddon will be the end.

If they went with it until Mania, they would only have to draw it out about four more months or so. It wouldn't be THAT hard.

Say, Royal Rumble double elimination (nothing to do with the win) with whoever's returning from the very brutal Hell in a Cell. Then go to a No Holds Barred/Hardcore match at No Way Out with a fire spot, which would lead it all to WrestleMania with an Inferno match where Taker would HAVE to lose because Orton doesn't wear anything but tights and boots (unless he does an angle where he has to wear something to protect his upper body). (Hey, they've pulled out two old gimmicks for this feud...)

BigChris
12-10-2005, 09:38 PM
I forgot SD was on, then as I turn it on...I see Matthews being possessed by the Taker?

WTF? I just shook my head and changed the channel. It was way too fake, and insulted my intelligence.

Yes, our complaints are that ist was fake, not that it was dnoe poorly. You are well educated and very knowledgable on the subject, and know the complaints well.

Thank you, I thought so myself as well.

BigChris
12-10-2005, 09:41 PM
By WM, Orton's credibility will be so dead a title reign wouldn't draw flies if he was bathing in shit.

Hasn't he beaten Undertaker like 2 times now. I beat he beats him in the Hell in a Cell, how does that discredit Randy Orton, how can you put him over anymore than that?

Kane Knight
12-10-2005, 11:42 PM
Why don't people lighten the fuck up and enjoy a wrestling show for once? :|

I'm sorry that I don't chow down on everything thrown at me. I mean, I know that to enjoy wrestling you cannot ever question anything, but that was just such a retarded statement.

Kane Knight
12-10-2005, 11:44 PM
Hasn't he beaten Undertaker like 2 times now. I beat he beats him in the Hell in a Cell, how does that discredit Randy Orton, how can you put him over anymore than that?

Not making him win bysurviving, not making him look like a total coward, not making him look like he's gonna be eatenby the Undertaker...

Wins and losses mean very little. You can look like gold and lose a match, or look like shit and win. And I doubt many people think Orton's a badass right now, since he's acting like a blubbering little vagina.

Thus. Negating. The Wins.

TerranRich
12-11-2005, 12:06 AM
My God, you people are right! I'm an intelligent person, and goddamit, I want intelligent programming. And that's why I tune into WWE, gosh darnit, for intelligent programming! Vince isn't delivering...he's dropping the ball. And something must be done! Whatever happened to the intelliectual diatribe that was prevalent during the Attitude era? What happened to the high-brow repartee that was indicative of the 2000-2004 era of WWE?

Seeing The Boogeyman as a gross-out character is just wrong. It's insulting to my intelligence! Bring back Chris Nowinski, dammit! Now THAT was intelligent!

:p Hopefully you all know I'm just joking around. Sure, The Boogeyman is hokey and silly, and Taker's skits are borderline retarded, but that's WWE! That's pretty much the way it's been for years now. Characters like Taker and Boogeyman are bound to be stupid. What are Vince and Co. to do, just get rid of them? There is some entertainment value there, whether all your highly intelligent minds can see it or not.

I'm very much entertained by the Boogeyman. Does that mean I'm an idiot? (Don't answer that!) ;) Seriously though, sure you can question everything that's thrown at you, just don't act surprised when others find it entertaining.

Kane Knight
12-11-2005, 12:37 AM
Did you intentionally miss the point again, Terran?

TerranRich
12-12-2005, 11:20 AM
I'm not good with points. :(

Wait, I just re-read my post. What point did I miss?