PDA

View Full Version : IF MONTREAL NEVER HAPPENED...?

The MAC
12-11-2005, 03:38 PM
i was just watching brets promo after WM13 and it got me thinking what woulda been if the screwjob never happened.

well firstly : the match at ss97 would have ended as planned in a Double DQ.
Bret would have jobbed the belt - probably to Ken Shamrock because Michaels refused to do the job to bret at WM13....

I think bret and shawn would have feuded on and off for a long time probably ending in a street fight where bret would have potatoed the shit out of Michaels. At this time Austin would probably have been the number one contender for Shamrocks championship.

other stuff::

Owen wouldn't have got the blue blazer gimmick - and might still be alive.

Bret would have not been kicked in the head and forced to retire.

Vince would have not changed into the evil boss.

Shawn might have been the one to go to wcw instead- he missed Nash and Hall.

we might have had a classic HBK/HHH VS HART/BENOIT

I dunno - its tought to call-what are your thoughts

Cooler Tom Schuler
12-11-2005, 04:18 PM
Bret would have dropped the belt on Raw under the circumstances that he wished, then gone to WCW. Not much else would be different.

Joey Slugs
12-11-2005, 04:22 PM
you pretty much said what I was thinking, but I'm adding the question "What if Bret doesn't leave for WCW?"

- Bret doesn't leave for WCW (thus the match with Goldberg doesn't happen)
- Owen doesn't get "punished" with the Blazer gimmick (thus his entrance @ No Mercy doesn't happen)
- Vince doesn't become "Mr. McMahon" (he might of one day, but not in the same fashion)
- Bret keeps the belt and ends up fueding with Shamrock.
- Might of seen a Hart/Angle fued over the title one day.
- Owen would of won the world title one day (maybe even over his brother)
- Austin & The Rock don't have as much of an impact leading the company.
- DX would of stayed together.

Joey Slugs
12-11-2005, 04:23 PM
Bret would have dropped the belt on Raw under the circumstances that he wished, then gone to WCW. Not much else would be different.

What if stayed.....

The MAC
12-11-2005, 04:36 PM
would have loved to see OWEN VS Hunter for a world title

LK
12-11-2005, 05:44 PM
Well Bret still would have moved to WCW but he would have returned to WWE after his three year contract expired.

Dorkchop
12-11-2005, 09:53 PM
When Bret was screwed, everyone hated Vince. That had a pretty big hand in the Austin/McMahon feud.

Pinnacle Charisma
12-11-2005, 11:06 PM
Bret was promised a job as a booker during a couple of months before the montreal incident happened as the wwe didnt want to use him as a full-time wrestler for a longterm so if montreal happened he would affected the onscreen title scene.

Bret was also a wrestling traditionalist so it would have been intresting what he would have to say about the new "Jerry Springer" storylines that populated the wwf during the atticude era.

HeartBreakMan2k
12-11-2005, 11:43 PM
I'd be a lot less annoyed because there wouldn't be so many fuckin "Montreal 97" conversations.

HeartBreakMan2k
12-11-2005, 11:44 PM
- Vince doesn't become "Mr. McMahon" (he might of one day, but not in the same fashion)

And WWE doesn't have the main storyline that launched them into their peak.

Dorkchop
12-11-2005, 11:59 PM
I'd be a lot less annoyed because there wouldn't be so many fuckin "Montreal 97" conversations.

Asshole. I was just about to say: This forum would be a lot quieter!

HeartBreakMan2k
12-12-2005, 12:01 AM
Asshole. I was just about to say: This forum would be a lot quieter!

:kiss:

Pepsi Man
12-12-2005, 12:10 AM
Erm, Bret would've still gone to WCW, and Owen probably still would've ended up as the Blue Blazer. The Mr. McMahon as an evil genius storyline wouldn't have necessarily ended up as good, but of course, you have to remember that McMahon and Austin DID get into it even before Bret left for WCW, so we honestly don't know for sure that that wouldn't have been something they did anyway.

Bret would've respected the WWF/E a lot more and may even have rejoined the company in some capacity after the WCW buyout. Obviously, he wouldn't be a wrestler still, but a guy like Bret could contribute in so many ways it's fucking ridiculous.

Oh, and Shawn still wouldn't have gone to WCW. He would've remained in the WWF and gotten the title soon anyway.

Rob
12-12-2005, 02:49 PM
Had Bret still gone to WCW, Owen Hart would still be alive and we wouldn't have seen 89459 "Montreal" finishes around the world.

Had Bret stayed with WWF, the same would have happened but he might have also killed Shawn Michaels and Triple-H.

Pepsi Man
12-13-2005, 10:43 AM
Had Bret still gone to WCW, Owen Hart would still be alive and we wouldn't have seen 89459 "Montreal" finishes around the world.

Had Bret stayed with WWF, the same would have happened but he might have also killed Shawn Michaels and Triple-H.
Owen would so still not be alive if Bret still went to WCW. The idea undoubtedly still would've come up to have Owen feud with Jeff Jarrett over Debra, and Owen would undoubtedly still disagree, and thus would be given the Blue Blazer gimmick back.

It's sad Owen's dead, but a lot of these "he would still be alive if..." are incredulous.

Rob
12-13-2005, 08:00 PM
You think they would have even have put Owen Hart near Jeff Jarrett if they weren't punishing him?

Pepsi Man
12-13-2005, 10:48 PM
You think they would have even have put Owen Hart near Jeff Jarrett if they weren't punishing him?
hardy har har

Kane Knight
12-13-2005, 11:43 PM
Canadia wouldbe out of things to chant. :o

Hired Hitman
12-14-2005, 01:58 AM
:D!