PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think this is stupid? (Non-Spoilers)

Team Sheep
12-15-2005, 05:30 PM
Please, if you're to reply to this, don't mention any spoilers for this week's Smackdown!

Well, tomorrow night MNM are defending the Tag titles against Batista and Rey. But the Mexicools won the number 1 contender spot for the titles, and they're the ones with the scheduled title match at the PPV. Then all of a sudden, Batista and Rey just get a title match ahead of them out of nowhere, 2 days before Armageddon. If you ask me, it's pretty obvious that MNM will retain because they've been advertising their tag match with the Mexicools for weeks now, and if MNM lost then that would mean cutting a match that's been pretty heavily hyped for weeks, and if they were to just go ahead with the scheduled match, it would be pretty meaningless. And remember, it's the Mexicools, who are #1 contenders, so this would mean that they'd have to then face Batista and Rey for the titles, which wouldn't happen because they're against Kane and Show.

I dunno, just something stupid I kind of notice and wanted to post it. Share your thoughts on whether you agree that this is a dumb move or whatever.

Savio
12-15-2005, 05:33 PM
WWE is fucking stupid.

jerichoholic169
12-15-2005, 05:49 PM
you almost sound like you're surprised that the WWE writers have done something as anally retentive as this......its lame as hell and the only way they can get out of it well without fucking anything up is by having a DQ finish or Kane and Big Show destroying everyone.

D Mac
12-15-2005, 06:14 PM
I still can't get why they put Batista and Rey together.

Kane Knight
12-15-2005, 06:33 PM
You mean they're putting up a title defense before the PPV with a big match looming overhead that almost certainly cements them retaining on Smackdown!?

I'd be shocked...If this were, say, 1986...

Kane Knight
12-15-2005, 06:33 PM
...And even then, only because I'd be shocked that they had a midget wrestling on a show called "Smackdown."

Savio
12-15-2005, 06:44 PM
I still can't get why they put Batista and Rey together.Batista is injured so he is taking matt hardies place so he can rest but still have heat.

Mr. Nerfect
12-15-2005, 08:26 PM
Hopefully they are just trying to get some main event type buzz around the belts.

Corkscrewed
12-15-2005, 09:27 PM
Well... um... yeah.

Funny you choose this topic...

Kane Knight
12-15-2005, 09:56 PM
Well... um... yeah.

Funny you choose this topic...

Are you alluuding to something?

(PM or IM it to me to avoid spoilers if so...If not...Well, I know the romace is gone, but I think we can still fire it up...:naughty: )

Chavo Classic
12-16-2005, 10:27 AM
This has been happening for years. It's WWE logic that no-one will notice, or if they do, they won't question.

Just accept they're idiots and try enjoy what could be a great tag match this weekend. Compared to six months ago, the tag division has really come alive so it's hard to criticise.

Kane Knight
12-16-2005, 10:59 AM
I don't think it's WWE logic that no-one'll notice, I think the logic is that you can't totally ignore the title, and you can't keep having matches between two tag teams.

The reason I assume this is that they were doing this well before they started into heavily nonsensical planning. It makes sense, and it hypes the fucking titles by having them as part of a match...

owenbrown
12-16-2005, 11:28 AM
WWE is fucking stupid.

Thank you, Mr. Obvious :p

Team Sheep
12-17-2005, 05:33 AM
Lol, well that was dumb last night.

Chavo Classic
12-17-2005, 11:32 AM
Lol, well that was dumb last night.

very

Londoner
12-17-2005, 12:49 PM
It would've made sense to of made the match a non-title match, but the WWE obviously doesn't like feuds being built around titles.

Team Sheep
12-17-2005, 01:33 PM
So now the Mexicools/MNM match will just be a plain tag match. You know, that could be the difference between a lot of people buying this PPV and not ordering. The RAW vs Smackdown! tag match sells itself without the "Champs versus champs" label on it. But the other match with less star names in it would look dull to a mark or an average fun if there's no tag team titles on the line.

Team Sheep
12-17-2005, 01:35 PM
That's meant to say fan by the way. ^^^

Londoner
12-17-2005, 01:38 PM
Hey, I just noticed there's only one title on the line, and we know Benoit will win that one.I think they're relying too much on the hell in a cell to hype up the ppv, though i'm really into that feud, it's a shame that I wont be able to see the match as I wont be ordering the ppv because the price is far too high.

Kane Knight
12-17-2005, 02:46 PM
So now the Mexicools/MNM match will just be a plain tag match. You know, that could be the difference between a lot of people buying this PPV and not ordering. The RAW vs Smackdown! tag match sells itself without the "Champs versus champs" label on it. But the other match with less star names in it would look dull to a mark or an average fun if there's no tag team titles on the line.

I thought this was supposed to be a spoiler free thread? You've just given away that The challengers win.

Team Sheep
12-17-2005, 03:01 PM
Smackdown was last night.

Kane Knight
12-17-2005, 03:14 PM
Smackdown was last night.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand?

You've been on this board for more than 5 minutes, you've seen this whole "ettiquette" thing before.

Team Sheep
12-17-2005, 03:20 PM
Ok.

Savio
12-17-2005, 04:35 PM
They can almost garentee no titles will change hands

The Naitch
12-17-2005, 09:01 PM
good job Team Sheep. Good job

Kane Knight
12-17-2005, 09:46 PM
I think it was a good move myself. I don't care if the match would have been big without champion v Champion, this shit works pretty well. It does suck that the Mexicools are in a non-title bout when they were being booked for one, but frankly my dear, I don't give a damn. I probably won't buy the PPV anyway.