PDA

View Full Version : Christy Hemme

litasxtremachine
12-18-2005, 01:00 AM
Hello! Did anyone find out what ever happened to Christy Hemme? (Why she got released, that is) I saw on the WWE website that she got released recently and I was curious as to why she was. She was actually one of my WWE divas, and I was very shocked when I read there that she got released. So anyways - if anyone knows, I'd appreciate it. Thanks! :)

Bad Company
12-18-2005, 01:51 AM
I liked her too.

Sting Fan
12-18-2005, 04:08 AM
Apparently no one but The Mc Mahons and upper management are in the know, make what you will of that.

HeartBreakMan2k
12-18-2005, 05:03 AM
They did the same with her as all the tough enough winners. Kept her around long enough to build her as an interactive superstar chosen by the fans, then cut her before they had to pay out on her huge ass contract. Same will happen with Ashley sooner or later and Matt Hardy will post in his diary how unfair life is. Christy will probably be back sooner or later, now that WWE can uncut the huge upside guarentee she had.

Rob
12-18-2005, 06:04 PM
I doubt she'll be back actually. I really liked her. Hemme, Stacy Keibler and Trish are the only women that stand out. Victoria used to until they turned her face.

Joey Slugs
12-18-2005, 06:12 PM
They did the same with her as all the tough enough winners. Kept her around long enough to build her as an interactive superstar chosen by the fans, then cut her before they had to pay out on her huge ass contract. Same will happen with Ashley sooner or later and Matt Hardy will post in his diary how unfair life is. Christy will probably be back sooner or later, now that WWE can uncut the huge upside guarentee she had.

She signed a new contract before they released her. I think Shane was fucking her.

Kane Knight
12-18-2005, 07:22 PM

Except they didn't do this with her. I'm sure a lot of people have speculated that this was the case, but it's really not.

Gertner
12-19-2005, 02:39 PM
cause she's an annoying skank

What Would Kevin Do?
12-21-2005, 06:15 AM
Except they didn't do this with her. I'm sure a lot of people have speculated that this was the case, but it's really not.

KK gets the prize.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=728 bgColor=black border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=10> </TD><TD vAlign=top width=388>NoDQ.com (http://nodq.com/) > WWE (http://nodq.com/wwe/) > Christy Hemme Reveals Why She Was Released
Posted by Steve Carrier (carrierlp@hotmail.com) on 12/20/2005 at 08:19 PM

Today on Christy Hemme's official website, she posted the following:

Hello everyone! Thank you so much to everyone who has and is still supporting me. Even though the partnership with WWE and I did not end very will (sic), I am truly thankful for the experience. All I can say at this time to clear up some of the rumors, there was no battle over money. Money was never my motivation for working. Truth is that I was completely dedicated to the company and believed in everything I was doing. I trusted it. I was willing to put my personal life aside to give everything I had to what I was doin and become better wrestler/performer. I was told that I was a budget cut and creatively they didn't have anything for me. I am very disappointed in the WWE, where I learned a very important lesson. I am a very determined person with a huge amount of engery for my life and my career. Everything happens for a reason and anything that has happened in my life that has knocked me down has only built me back up stronger. I feel stronger than ever and I am hungry for this huge future before me. Again, THANK YOU soooo much to everyone who has believed in me and is supporting me.

WWE requested Christy to relocate to Louisville, Kentucky to to train in Ohio Valley Wrestling. She later then got a call saying she was released.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

CharismaInjection
12-21-2005, 06:53 AM
I guess WWE didn't want a wrestler, they just wanted her to stand around looking pretty.

ddpBANG
12-21-2005, 07:32 AM
I guess WWE didn't want a wrestler, they just wanted her to stand around looking pretty.

I'd say they failed on both accounts.

CharismaInjection
12-21-2005, 10:16 AM
You're on fire today dude!

Chavo Classic
12-21-2005, 10:48 AM
WWE requested Christy to relocate to Louisville, Kentucky to to train in Ohio Valley Wrestling. She later then got a call saying she was released.

What? WWE in swerve over redundancy/employment? This is a first

hb2k
12-21-2005, 11:15 AM
I don't buy that it was a budget reason at all. Crying poverty to the talent when Vince McMahon's personal annual dividend just went from $23.5 million to $47 million is a pile of shit. I'm sure the truth will come out, but budgetary reasons is a cop-out (not that Christy is lying, but Johnny Ace sure as hell is).

Kane Knight
12-21-2005, 11:36 AM
I don't buy that it was a budget reason at all. Crying poverty to the talent when Vince McMahon's personal annual dividend just went from $23.5 million to $47 million is a pile of shit. I'm sure the truth will come out, but budgetary reasons is a cop-out (not that Christy is lying, but Johnny Ace sure as hell is).

Technically, it's legit. They slash the budget to maintain high profit margins, like any other entertainment biz...

KingofOldSchool
12-21-2005, 11:39 AM
I mean heaven forbid they keep a diva who is actually EAGER to improve as a wrestler so much that she is willing to relocate in order to train.

I guess she should've just saved the time and effort and just have been in a commercial during the Super Bowl and then do the same thing from said commercial for the next year.

Kane Knight
12-21-2005, 11:46 AM
Yeah, I've never got the appeal of the GoDaddy bit. :|

hb2k
12-21-2005, 12:01 PM
The ridiculously PC part of the country raised a fuss about the advert, just because it was coming off all the controversy the year before with Janet Jackson, so people do what they always do whenever something small and insignificant happens - they pissed and moaned. And because Vince hates the media...here we are.

I'm not saying there is no budget, but saying that's the reason they fired her is ridiculous with the amount of cash they have, and how small her contract would likely be in comparison. And if it is a matter of firing people to get down to a budget, how about Snitsky, Road Warrior Animal and Scotty 2 Hotty? Not that I want to see people fired, but in terms of usefulness and marketability, Christy has more upside than a lot of people still employed.

KingofOldSchool
12-21-2005, 12:09 PM
Not Snitsky. :-(

Rob
12-21-2005, 12:27 PM
Technically, it's legit. They slash the budget to maintain high profit margins, like any other entertainment biz...

Yeah but I doubt every other entertainment business has their Chairman of the board making 3 different 6-7 figure salaries as well as a 7 figure annual bonus as well as stock dividends.

hb2k
12-21-2005, 12:28 PM
I'd love that conversation...

Johnny Ace: "Gene, I'm sorry, but you're fired."
Snitsky: "Why Johnny?"
Johnny Ace: "It's a budgetary situation, we need to clear some of the roster in order to be in a good financial situation"
Snitsky: "So....it's not my fault."

Kane Knight
12-21-2005, 01:41 PM
Yeah but I doubt every other entertainment business has their Chairman of the board making 3 different 6-7 figure salaries as well as a 7 figure annual bonus as well as stock dividends.

Have you SEEN what some of the record execs make?

It helps when you actually CHARGE your artists to make videos, charge them for touring expenses, basically nickel and dime them to death. While prices are at record (pardon the pun) highs, they are suing for imense losses, and still making more than ever.

MPAA execs are pretty similar.

I don't know about TV or other similar venues, but considering just how many execs do more or less the same thing as vince between music and film, I'd say it's not all that uncommon.

I definitely don't condone it, mind.