PDA

View Full Version : This whole thing with Shelton Benjamin.....

Favre4Ever
12-20-2005, 11:14 PM
Haven't been around for a bit so I don't know if this was discussed, but is everyone as aggravated with this thing that their doing with Shelton Benjamin? He almost isnt even getting a reaction anymore, and last year he was the shit. Does somebody up top just hate him, or could this actually go somewhere positive?

Pepsi Man
12-20-2005, 11:18 PM
Given the fact that they're making note of the losing streak on the air, it's pretty open-ended. A number of things COULD happen. Personally, I don't like Shelton and think he's overrated, but that aside, a losing streak for a relatively "new" wrestler like Shelton Benjamin is pretty healthy.

Kane Knight
12-20-2005, 11:26 PM
This SHOULD lead somewhere. But it'll be dropped.

RP
12-21-2005, 12:01 AM
who?

Innovator
12-21-2005, 12:03 AM
heel turn

Corkscrewed
12-21-2005, 12:11 AM
I'm praying this is actually just normal booking, where he has the streak, turns, heel, blames HBK, and feuds through Wrestlemania.

That'd be the logical thing to do.

Which means for the WWE Writing team, someone really smart would have had to think of it.

Which means for us, there's about a 2.3% chance of it half happening.

ddpBANG
12-21-2005, 02:17 AM
who?

Shelton Benjamin... black guy... once teamed with the white guy...

Pepsi Man
12-21-2005, 02:20 AM
Shelton Benjamin... black guy... once teamed with the white guy...
Oh, you mean Ron Simmons.

ddpBANG
12-21-2005, 02:23 AM
Or Viscera... not quite sure.

ddpBANG
12-21-2005, 02:24 AM
Same guy has been all three hasn't he?

Pepsi Man
12-21-2005, 02:32 AM
D-Von Du...

errrrrrrrrrr, Brother Devon?

Schoenauer
12-21-2005, 04:39 AM
Which means for us, there's about a 2.3% chance of it half happening.
Why such a high number?

CharismaInjection
12-21-2005, 06:58 AM
He's where Charlie Haas was earlier this year.

It seems that ever since Carlito took the belt, creative gave up on Shelton.

What Would Kevin Do?
12-21-2005, 07:06 AM

John Cena?

BlackDawn2024
12-21-2005, 07:44 AM
It's leading somewhere. The fact that they mention Shelton's "losing ways" on Raw means it's leading to something.

CharismaInjection
12-21-2005, 07:51 AM
heel turn hopefully.

He needs something new.

jerichoholic169
12-21-2005, 08:13 AM
He'll carry on losing for a bit, get eliminated in the RR really quickly etc, turn heel properly, go after HBgay and then setup a WM match that'll put him on the map and eventually go over HBK and become a superstar. They did this whole losing streak thing with Jeff Hardy a few years ago (also HBK as the mentor) which might have led somewhere if Jeff hadn't got fired/left/no one cares. Just have to hope that creative doesn't forget about him. THen again with HBK involved that shouldn't be a problem

Kane Knight
12-21-2005, 10:30 AM
Shelton Benjamin... black guy... once teamed with the gay guy...

wwe2222
12-21-2005, 10:37 AM
He'll carry on losing for a bit, get eliminated in the RR really quickly etc, turn heel properly, go after HBgay and then setup a WM match that'll put him on the map and eventually go over HBK and become a superstar. They did this whole losing streak thing with Jeff Hardy a few years ago (also HBK as the mentor) which might have led somewhere if Jeff hadn't got fired/left/no one cares. Just have to hope that creative doesn't forget about him. THen again with HBK involved that shouldn't be a problem

not an HBK fan i see...

a fued with HBK is the best thing he could hope for...he can carry him on the mic and help put him over in the ring

Chavo Classic
12-21-2005, 10:53 AM
I think Shelton's losing streak was a genuine attempt to de-push the guy. Since then, perhaps the WWE has reconsidered and are making this into an angle for Shelton to feud with HBK.

My reasons for believing this are simple - Shelton's streak has lasted months rather than weeks, and we all know that the WWE rarely plans angles for this length of time (and if they do, most probably forget they have or just drop the idea anyway)

Personally, I like the guy's in ring abilities and athleticism but I feel that a lack of charisma and character have always let him down. Perhaps a heel trun is what he needs.

Pepsi Man
12-21-2005, 10:59 AM
I think Shelton's losing streak was a genuine attempt to de-push the guy. Since then, perhaps the WWE has reconsidered and are making this into an angle for Shelton to feud with HBK.

My reasons for believing this are simple - Shelton's streak has lasted months rather than weeks, and we all know that the WWE rarely plans angles for this length of time (and if they do, most probably forget they have or just drop the idea anyway)

Personally, I like the guy's in ring abilities and athleticism but I feel that a lack of charisma and character have always let him down. Perhaps a heel trun is what he needs.
Shelton's gotten some wins here and there in recent months.

The Gooch
12-21-2005, 11:09 AM
His Momma will be the difference maker. Afro pick to the eyes works everytime.

Seriously, if they can keep the Shelton/HBK feud going until WM this should turn out to be a good thing for Shelton. I just hope he doesn't get Christain'd.

CharismaInjection
12-21-2005, 11:26 AM
Even Christian wouldn't lose to Snitsky.

Pepsi Man
12-21-2005, 11:52 AM
Even Christian wouldn't lose to Snitsky.
Yet Kane did.

CharismaInjection
12-21-2005, 12:16 PM
Yes, poor Kane. That's when they were trying to build Snitsky as a monster, not the joke he is now.

CharismaInjection
12-21-2005, 12:17 PM
NEWSFLASH:

Apparently, Shelton Benjamin's depush is punishment for the wrestler being rude and disrespectful to a veteran road agent.

The Gooch
12-21-2005, 12:25 PM
Yes, poor Kane. That's when they were trying to build Snitsky as a monster, not the joke he is now.

I am all for wrestlers doing what they are told, but I agree I feel bad for Kane when he does the job to an up-and-comer and dude amounts to nothing.

UmbrellaCorporation
12-21-2005, 12:41 PM
Given the fact that they're making note of the losing streak on the air, it's pretty open-ended. A number of things COULD happen. Personally, I don't like Shelton and think he's overrated, but that aside, a losing streak for a relatively "new" wrestler like Shelton Benjamin is pretty healthy.

Agreed 100%. I don't see what's so great about him either.

Kane Knight
12-21-2005, 02:21 PM
You think in 6 months, when Shelton's "mama" has ruined him permanently, we're gonna see another "Myspace" YTMND with emo music and "Somebody call my momma...I'm soooo sorry <3" Out?

I lack the attention span to do it, but I wanted to beat the joke to death before anyone else could. :D

Extreme Angle
12-21-2005, 03:03 PM
My friend is obbsesed with Shelton on Smackdown vs Raw 06.
I think that it really isn't fair on Charlie Haas if he gets pushed higher because if you rememember they were both supposed to be equal...

Kane Knight
12-21-2005, 04:03 PM
I think that it really isn't fair on Charlie Haas if he gets pushed higher because if you rememember they were both supposed to be equal...

Ron Simmons.

Extreme Angle
12-21-2005, 04:44 PM
Ron simmons was getting on abit...
how old was he?

D Mac
12-21-2005, 06:28 PM
How long has Shelton been wrestling, anyways? I mean, has he really paid his dues yet?

ddpBANG
12-22-2005, 02:50 AM
He debuted in 2001. As far as paying his dues goes, go ask Bob Holly

CharismaInjection
12-22-2005, 05:46 AM

It's just a game.

As for Charlie Haas, a prime example how life's unfair.

Kane Knight
12-22-2005, 09:37 AM
It's just a game.

As for Charlie Haas, a prime example how life's unfair.

To be fair, Benjamin has better charisma, he's aerial oriented and more spectuclar, and he's a natural athelete. Charlie, while a solid ground worker, was not as spectacular and lacked Shelt's charisma.

It's KIND of unfair that he gets fired while Masters has a shot, but they ran with the right singles competitor.

CharismaInjection
12-22-2005, 09:41 AM
He may be coming back, did anyone read that Wrestling Observer Thread? It says WWE has brought Haas back in.

We would want:

A Raw Debut
A feud with Shelton.
Perhaps a WGTT reunion.

WWE will give us:

A velocity debut.
A feud with Funaki.
A Bob Holly/Haas reunion.

Kane Knight
12-22-2005, 09:48 AM
A Bob Holly/Haas reunion.

At least with the dubbed cheers for Holly, it'd sound like people loved him...

ddpBANG
12-22-2005, 08:45 PM
They'd probably turn them heel, just because the World hates Charlie.

The Naitch
12-22-2005, 08:54 PM
he can wrestle but no one cares

He needs more than that

I'd rather see someone be gold on the mic and be an average wrestler than someone who is gold in the ring but cant do anything worhtwhile on the mic

Admit it, the average fan doesnt care about technical wrestling

They would if you could supply a good mix, but Shelton needs his mama

Skippord
12-22-2005, 10:24 PM
Samoa Joe in WWE = Hawai Steve

Skippord
12-22-2005, 10:24 PM

Skippord
12-22-2005, 10:25 PM

Skippord