PDA

View Full Version : The Stone Coyotes on the Silver Screen? (And some band named Aerosmith)

Kane Knight
01-27-2004, 08:27 PM
http://www.geocities.com/nemsnewz/news/0049.htm

Not long ago, we passed on information from Sheryl Hunter's great column, "Sounds Local," in the Greenfield Recorder out of Western Massachusetts that the Elmore Leonard novel, Be Cool, is to be made into a movie. In this week's Valley Advocate, "Nightcrawler" columnist Gary Carra picks up the story with some added details.

<a href="http://valleyadvocate.com/gbase/Music/content?oid=oid:51017">Valley Advocate column</a>

Be Cool, as you may know, is the sequel to the fast-selling novel (and hit film), Get Shorty. Linda Moon, one of the more-recent book's main characters, is quite recognizable as having been based, in large part, on the Stone Coyotes' Barbara Keith. Another New England rock act also figures in the story. It's those bad boys from Lake Sunapee, New Hampshire, Aerosmith. Could be you've heard of those guys.

If you're a fan of Elmore Leonard, John Travolta (who plays Chili Palmer), or Uma Thurman (I imagine she's playing the Barbara Keith/Linda Moon character), let's face it, you're going to want to see the movie when it comes out. And to fully prepare yourself, here's what you've got to do. You've got to buy a copy of Born To Howl (CD, Red Cat 08, 2001) by the Stone Coyotes. That's what I would do anyway. No, we don't know yet which of the band's songs will be in the film or even how many; but when listening to the Stone Coyotes, while all the albums are really good, Born To Howl is the place to start.

Did I forget to mention Danny Devito? Oh yes, I noticed his name, as well, in the cast list.

DaveWadding
01-27-2004, 08:31 PM
Aero...who? :?:

P.S. Stone Coyotes!!!! :love: :heart:

Kane Knight
01-27-2004, 08:36 PM
Aerosmith...Some band from near me. I don't think I've heard them, but they must be good to get a rub from the Stone Coyotes...;)

DaveWadding
01-27-2004, 09:57 PM
mmmm.