PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite match?

James Steele
12-26-2005, 04:38 PM
and why?

Loose Cannon
12-26-2005, 07:10 PM
Hart Foundation (Bret, Owen, Davey, Neidhart, Pillman) vs Team USA (Austin, Shamrock, Goldust, LOD) @ Canadian Stampede.

This was during my favorite angle of all-time. The crowd was as into a match as a crowd can possibly get. The whole match layout, from beginning to end, was fantastic.

Team Sheep
12-26-2005, 07:13 PM
My favourite ever is Shawn Michaels vs Kurt Angle at Wrestlemania 21. That match had everything, and we'd never seen these two get it on before, and they put on one hell of a show, stole the show in my opinion.

LivingDead
12-26-2005, 07:35 PM
TLC 1

DaveWadding
12-26-2005, 07:36 PM
Bret vs. Perfect from Summerslam 91. Just the best.

Enjay
12-26-2005, 07:37 PM
TLC

LivingDead
12-26-2005, 07:40 PM
TLC
There were 4, which one?

Disturbed316
12-26-2005, 07:43 PM
For spot fests:

Shane vs Kurt Angle KOTR Street fight - Loads of amazing spots and still gives me the same reaction to the spots even after seeing it over a million times

Normal match:

Bret vs Owen at Mania 10 - If you haven't seen it, go download it now. Such an awesome match between the two.

Team Sheep
12-26-2005, 08:34 PM
Bret vs Owen at Mania 10 - If you haven't seen it, go download it now. Such an awesome match between the two.

Watched it yesterday morning as I was blessed with the Bret Hart DVD in my stocking. Great match. :y:

Xero
12-26-2005, 08:53 PM
Stone Cold vs. Bret Hart at WrestleMania 13.

The Show Off
12-26-2005, 10:43 PM
Bret Hart (c) v. Owen Hart for the WWF World Heavyweight Championship, Summerslam 1994

This is my favorite match because well lets face it Bret and Owen are two of the best ever to lace up wrestling boots. Also I loved the way cage matches created and air of a big match, at least they used to. I though Bret and Owen used the cage the way it was always made to be used. Both men tried to escape over and over which realistically is what would happen in that sort of match. When the two of them got down on the mat they put on there usual exemplory effort.

The Bret-Owen Wrestlemania X match was really good as well. But I think the added elements of the Cage, the World Championship being on the line, the fact that Owen was on a roll winning King of the Ring, and the fact that they had wrestled before made the match that much better. Going into the Wrestlemania X match Bret-Owen was just a way to make it even having Bret and Yokozuna having one match each before there main event. At Summer Slam that match was practially the main event, though Taker v. Taker went on last. Anyone that says there Wrestlemania X match was better however, has really firm groung to say that, I just like the Summer Slam '94 match better.

Loose Cannon
12-26-2005, 10:49 PM
I like the cage match better then Mania as well. I guess cause there was more riding on the match for both competitors.

Perfect/Hart is my 2nd fav match of all-time btw.

Taker Fan
12-27-2005, 02:11 AM
The match that comes to mind is Chris Benoit vs. Kurt Angle at Unforgiven 2002..even though the story building up to it revolved around a pair of stinkfaces to each guy, it still took nothing away from this match. It was so awesome with the counters that were pulled out. I loved how the Ankle Lock and Crossface kept being applied over and over again as each of them were just countering each other. Just really a great match, IMO.

BigChris
12-27-2005, 07:37 AM
Bret vs. Perfect from Summerslam 91. Just the best.

I can't believe someone said this! It is the best match I've ever seen by far and was on my way down to the bottom to post it. You beat me to it, if you haven't seen this match, then make sure you do!

Corndad
12-27-2005, 02:58 PM
I like the Benoit/Angle match from Royal Rumble a few years ago. That was a classic. That standing O they gave Beniot after that match just set it off even more.

Innovator
12-27-2005, 03:21 PM
I like the Benoit/Angle match from Royal Rumble a few years ago. That was a classic. That standing O they gave Beniot after that match just set it off even more.I was there live, I swear the standing o lasted a lot longer....fuckin incredible match

Disturbed316
12-27-2005, 03:42 PM
Stone Cold vs. Bret Hart at WrestleMania 13.

Holy crap, I completly forgot about this :'(

I :heart: this match.

FourFifty
12-27-2005, 05:27 PM
Fav Match...

Money In The Bank
I'm a mark for Shelton and seeing him steal the show (and somehow lose the match) was just breath taking.

Now lets assume that spots were never an issue...
Savage VS The Million Dollar Man, WMIV
If you've seen the match then I don't need to say anything. The Million Dollar Man was never the heavyweight champion, but damned if he didn't make them champions.

RGWhat316
12-27-2005, 06:14 PM
I like the Benoit/Angle match from Royal Rumble a few years ago. That was a classic. That standing O they gave Beniot after that match just set it off even more.
That match would definitely be on my top 5 list. I have many favorites, but my all time would probably be Austin/Rock at WM 17. I was a fan of both, but more so Austin. The crowd was electric, and the match was awesome. Then we had Austin's heel turn at the end which shocked the hell out of me.

JH
12-27-2005, 06:48 PM
i'm going old school
magnum ta vs tully blanchard cage i quit match starrcade 1985
one of the most brutal and still IMO the best cage match of all time

McLegend
12-27-2005, 06:53 PM
Angle vs Biker taker on SD for the WWE title.

I wasn't into wrestling anymore at the point. I would watch it if it was on, but I never felt I had to see it. So I was flipping through the channels SD is on I watch it and The Undertaker and Angle are cutting promos for thier match. I loved that match seriously eveything about that match I loved. There were a few near falls, and when the Undertaker went for his leg drop Angle countered it into Ankle lock. I was like :eek:. It ended in no contest, but still that match was amazing IMO. It was so good it got me back into wrestling.

Also Hogan/Rock Wm18, and HBk/Mankind at INYH Mind games.

The Naitch
12-27-2005, 07:44 PM
The Rock vs. Brock

Dont know why. Not the greatest match but I really got into it when they started turning on Rock.

Skippord
12-27-2005, 07:50 PM
January 18, 2003 - CZW: Nate Hatred over Nick Mondo & Zandig in a death match which included 12,350 thumb tacks.. :shifty:

Xero
12-27-2005, 08:26 PM
January 18, 2003 - CZW: Nate Hatred over Nick Mondo & Zandig in a death match which included 12,350 thumb tacks.. :shifty:
12,351*

Thriller
12-27-2005, 08:44 PM
Top 5 matches for me would have to be

Benoit Vs Angle at RR 2003
HBK VS Y2J WM 19
Mr Perfect vs Hart Summerslam 91
TLC4 the forgotten TLC
RVD vs Jerry Lynn hardcore heaven

mrslackalack
12-27-2005, 09:53 PM
Bret Hart (c) v. Owen Hart for the WWF World Heavyweight Championship, Summerslam 1994

This is my favorite match because well lets face it Bret and Owen are two of the best ever to lace up wrestling boots. Also I loved the way cage matches created and air of a big match, at least they used to. I though Bret and Owen used the cage the way it was always made to be used. Both men tried to escape over and over which realistically is what would happen in that sort of match. When the two of them got down on the mat they put on there usual exemplory effort.

The Bret-Owen Wrestlemania X match was really good as well. But I think the added elements of the Cage, the World Championship being on the line, the fact that Owen was on a roll winning King of the Ring, and the fact that they had wrestled before made the match that much better. Going into the Wrestlemania X match Bret-Owen was just a way to make it even having Bret and Yokozuna having one match each before there main event. At Summer Slam that match was practially the main event, though Taker v. Taker went on last. Anyone that says there Wrestlemania X match was better however, has really firm groung to say that, I just like the Summer Slam '94 match better.

Plus it was a very long match (over 30 minutes) which was rare for a WWF match to go that long back then.

The Greater Power
12-27-2005, 10:15 PM
I actually prefere the Hart/Perfect KOTR 93 match to the Summerslam match.

Bret/Austin WM13, HBK/Taker HIAC, HBK/Mankind Mindgames, and Austin/Rock Mania 17 are up there for me.

redoneja
12-27-2005, 11:22 PM
I have different favorite matches for different reasons.

In terms of emotion: Bret Hart v Undertaker(c) @ Summerslam 1997. A very good, very long(by WWE standards for 1997) match that was had a tremendous build-up over the course of the summer. The Undertaker himself wasn't as used in this storyline as I feel he should have been, but it was a great ending to a great match.

In terms of pure wrestling: This is a tie between: Bret Hart v Owen Hart @ Wrestlemania 12 and Kurt Angle(c) v Chris Beniot @ Royal Rumble 2003.

In terms of entertainment: Hulk Hogan v The Rock @ Wrestlemania 18

Skippord
12-28-2005, 04:59 AM
as I have said before HHH Vs HBK Vs Chris Benoit

Hitman84
12-28-2005, 07:56 AM
There are so many I would class as my favourite. Most of them feature a member of the Hart Foundation, though :$ . So, in no particular order:

Bret vs Owen - WMX
Great match to officially begin the feud that had been teased from Survivor Series through to Royal Rumble 1994, and the first of many greats between the brothers Hart.

Triple H vs Cactus Jack - Royal Rumble 2000
This was Attitude Era at its best. Trips was in his prime and faced the King of Hardcore Mick Foley as his most sadistic alter ego - Cactus Jack. First rate storyline leading up to the match, with Mankind losing the Pink-Slip-on-a-Pole Match and getting fired, the Rock leading the protest to get him reinstated and Mankind's metamorphosis into Cactus Jack. Then one of the best worked Hardcore/Street Fight rules matches ever followed. Mint.

Bulldog vs Bret - SummerSlam 1992
Great main event for the the first major WWF PPV held in Britain. These guys put on a clinic, great match that lasted about 20 minutes I think with momentum shifts, amazing crowd pops and a fantastic finish.

Chris Benoit vs Kurt Angle - Backlash 2001
30 minute Ultimate Submissions match featuring the best technical wrestlers today. Holds, counterholds, grappling, striking, throws - this match had it all. Great finish too with Angle building a 3:1 lead, only for Benoit to bring it back to 3:3 and then take the match in sudden death overtime. Amazing!

HBK vs Bret - WMXII
This match proved that Bret and HBK are among the best workers ever to set foot in a ring, regardless of the fact that I can't stand HBK. They went for an hour, neither conceding a fall, and the match was well thought out. I think, at the time, Bret was considering leaving for good at this point (correct me if I'm wrong) and the finish to this match would have probably been a better way to leave, having put on the 1996 Match of the Year, than to have the suffering and controversy of 1997.

There are so many more, but I'll leave it at these five! :D

Extreme Angle
12-28-2005, 08:13 AM
the tlc where edge and christian won the tag titles...
best match ever!

Destor
12-28-2005, 08:21 AM
I've been trying for the past few days to figure out my all time favorite match and I cant do it. Way too many great matches over the decades to pick just one.

Y3J
12-28-2005, 09:17 AM
for me, It's a toss-up between TLC2 (for it's entertainment) and Benoit/Angle RR 03 (pure wresling genius)