PDA

View Full Version : Straight Edge

The Naitch
12-28-2005, 02:17 PM
What exactly is this lifestyle?

I heard a little about it that it's some underground shit or something

And if he claims to be so Straight Edge, does he use pain killers or is he just a big liar?

Elaborate

And does Punk use this in OVW or not? Will WWE let him use the Straight Edge gimmick when they bring him in or will he be deaf :lol:

The Naitch
12-28-2005, 02:19 PM
And I wonder if he drinks on New Years

Ska-Wars
12-28-2005, 02:21 PM
Straight Edge is a lifestyle that came out of the American hardcore scene in the early 80s, it basically involves no drinking, smoking, recreational drugs or promiscuous sex. I think I might have heard soemthing about him not using painkillers but I'm not sure. Can't really help on the rest.

The Naitch
12-28-2005, 02:21 PM
Maria will be heartbroken

Nark Order
12-28-2005, 02:46 PM
I guess this lifestyles doesn't include 'no tattoos', does it?

Joey Slugs
12-28-2005, 04:35 PM
I guess this lifestyles doesn't include 'no tattoos', does it?

Tattoos are a HUGE part of the lifestyle.

Joey Slugs
12-28-2005, 04:37 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_edge

Danny Electric
12-28-2005, 06:50 PM
Straight Edge is a lifestyle that came out of the American hardcore scene in the early 80s, it basically involves no drinking, smoking, recreational drugs or promiscuous sex. I think I might have heard soemthing about him not using painkillers but I'm not sure. Can't really help on the rest.

Boston baby.

Danny Electric
12-28-2005, 06:51 PM
'Throw your fists in the air, drug free'

Kane Knight
12-28-2005, 07:33 PM
Straight Edge is totally gay.

Danny Electric
12-28-2005, 07:38 PM
Straight Edge is totally gay.

:y:
Even funnier when it's a 14 year old straight-edge kid.

Kane Knight
12-28-2005, 07:47 PM
I want to find the trendsetters and start killing them off.

Serioulsy, this has to be like the dumbest trend ever.

Danny Electric
12-28-2005, 07:49 PM
Come on it's cool to mark a big x on your hand or tatoo straight edge on your chest.
:shifty:

Enjay
12-28-2005, 07:56 PM
CM Punk will not be straight edge for much longer.

domononizuka
12-28-2005, 10:29 PM
Straight Edge is a lifestyle not a "Trend".To me people shouldnt speak on something they obviously know nothing about.Trends come and go,Straight Edge has been around since the early 80's.True that there are alot of trendy sellout assholes,but they do not make up the majority.

Kane Knight
12-28-2005, 10:49 PM
Straight Edge is a lifestyle not a "Trend".To me people shouldnt speak on something they obviously know nothing about.Trends come and go,Straight Edge has been around since the early 80's.True that there are alot of trendy sellout assholes,but they do not make up the majority.

Goth has been around since the 70s.

Punk has been around since the 60s.

That doesn't mean they're not trends, you poser fuckwit.

domononizuka
12-28-2005, 11:11 PM
Wow calling me a poser when you dont even know me.Shows how bright you are.Trends are things that come and go.People that are actualy Straight Edge stay edge their entire lives.Therefore only thing that makes being "edge" trendy are the ones who really never were edge.

Kane Knight
12-28-2005, 11:14 PM
Wow calling me a poser when you dont even know me.Shows how bright you are.

Claiming I don't know what I'm talking about...

See what I did there? It's called doing what you did (Make an idiotic assumption) and turn it back on you.

Don't throw stones from your glass hosue, kid. I don't give a shit about you or any of your idiotic straightedge wannabe friends. :y:

domononizuka
12-28-2005, 11:17 PM
If you didnt give a shit,you wouldnt take the time to criticize the lifestyle.Your calling a entire group of people you dont even know idiotic.So whats that make you?

Kane Knight
12-28-2005, 11:24 PM
If you didnt give a shit,you wouldnt take the time to criticize the lifestyle.Your calling a entire group of people you dont even know idiotic.So whats that make you?

Because it's so easy to get a rise out of retards like you, I make comments like this.

My comment was deliberately inflammatory, and you bit it perfectly.

However, I do think your little lifestyle is retarded, I just don't care enough to bother with it.

What's that make me? Easily amused, for one.

But tell me, honestly, isn't it possible that, people can make an informed decision that doesn't agree with you?

Of course not. Anyone who knows anything about "straightedge" will immediately accept it, rather than thinking it's retarded to advertise that you don't do stupid shit.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I DON'T DO DRUGS! I'M SPECIAL!

Yes, you're special. Put the helmet on and get on the short bus.

Shadow
12-28-2005, 11:27 PM
Ok ass...so tell us. What the fuck is Straight Edge and how does it pertain to wrestling?

Innovator
12-28-2005, 11:28 PM
It was brought into the mainstream by the band Minor Threat, who were straight edge.

And yes Punk is straight edge, and he's better than you.

domononizuka
12-28-2005, 11:28 PM
LOL not all those that are straight edge announce it to the world.Only time i even mention my lifestyle is when someone is downing it.Everyone does have a right to his/her own opinion.But no one has the right to call someone "retarded" for what they believe in.

Kane Knight
12-28-2005, 11:30 PM
Ok ass...so tell us. What the fuck is Straight Edge and how does it pertain to wrestling?

Eugene was straightedge, man.

Destor
12-28-2005, 11:31 PM
LOL not all those that are straight edge announce it to the world.Only time i even mention my lifestyle is when someone is downing it.Everyone does have a right to his/her own opinion.But no one has the right to call someone "retarded" for what they believe in.
Actually, every American has that right.

Kane Knight
12-28-2005, 11:32 PM

Actually, everyone has that right.

It's called free will.

Yes, you're retarded. Last week, it was Nick Mondo. This week, it's straightedge. You walked right into the fuckwit trap, buddy. :)

Shadow
12-28-2005, 11:35 PM

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Could you make that statement a little less retarded?

Destor
12-28-2005, 11:35 PM
How origional KK. :roll:

thecc
12-28-2005, 11:38 PM
I never really understood the hate between people who beleive in the straight edge philosophy and those who don't. Sure some people are doing it because they're all "hey look hot topic is aproving straight edge, lets jump on the bandwagon" but in reality you have that for basically anything. Anyways my point is, why can't we be friends *sings*.

Shadow
12-28-2005, 11:40 PM
I never really understood the hate between people who beleive in the straight edge philosophy and those who don't. Sure some people are doing it because they're all "hey look hot topic is aproving straight edge, lets jump on the bandwagon" but in reality you have that for basically anything. Anyways my point is, why can't we be friends *sings*.

You've got some good rep going. Don't make us take it away. We'll do it.

thecc
12-28-2005, 11:44 PM
You've got some good rep going. Don't make us take it away. We'll do it.What, i'm not allowed to be respectful and such:p?

Destor
12-28-2005, 11:48 PM
What, i'm not allowed to be respectful and such:p?
Nah, the way you get over around here is by being a complete prick to everyone you encounter. Look at AlphaBean.

thecc
12-28-2005, 11:53 PM
Nah, the way you get over around here is by being a complete prick to everyone you encounter. Look at AlphaBean.Well in that case. Everyone here is a fat slob and obviously have no life if they're arguing over straight edge being a trend or not.

How's that for heel heat?

Shadow
12-29-2005, 12:06 AM
Well in that case. Everyone here is a fat slob and obviously have no life if they're arguing over straight edge being a trend or not.

How's that for heel heat?

Not good enough kid. A thousand laps around TPWW...ON THE DOUBLE! MARCH BITCH!

thecc
12-29-2005, 12:13 AM
Not good enough kid. A thousand laps around TPWW...ON THE DOUBLE! MARCH BITCH!Fine!

*runs*

*passes out on lap 372*

Kane Knight
12-29-2005, 12:22 AM
How origional KK. :roll:

Hey, you only invoked the Constitution. I invoked the Holy Bible. 'ave it, bitch!

Kane Knight
12-29-2005, 12:22 AM
Nah, the way you get over around here is by being a complete prick to everyone you encounter. Look at Kane Knight.

Vastardikai
12-29-2005, 01:54 AM
The Straight-Edge lifestyle/trend I am fine with, except for when they try to enforce it on other people.

As far as famous people who are SxE, CM Punk and Henry Rollins are the only ones who come to mind.

Kane Knight
12-29-2005, 08:53 AM
Funny...Rollins strikes me as not retarded. How...Odd.

Nark Order
12-29-2005, 01:53 PM
Poor domon...

KK, why'd you have to own him so bad? He's just a child.

Nark Order
Poor domon...

Nark Order
Poor domon...

Boondock Saint
12-29-2005, 02:31 PM
LOL Henry Rollins.

The Naitch
12-29-2005, 02:37 PM
KK has a new n00b to play with :lol:

Kane Knight
12-29-2005, 07:08 PM
KK has a new n00b to play with :lol:

And I will name him George, and I will hold him and pat him and love him an...

Destor
12-29-2005, 07:59 PM
Hey, you only invoked the Constitution. I invoked the Holy Bible. 'ave it, bitch!
:lol: Thats fucked up. What kind of backward world is this? I use the government for my argument and you use the Bible. This is a strange day.

The Naitch
12-29-2005, 08:20 PM
And I will name him George, and I will hold him and pat him and love him an...

I'm sure you also beat him and make him submit to all your deepest darkest desires

Kane Knight
12-29-2005, 08:30 PM
Jesus saves, you silly SOB.

The Naitch
12-29-2005, 08:31 PM
Kane Knights' Knightitude Fellowship > Straight Edge

Kane Knight
12-29-2005, 08:50 PM
I do't know why people keep on insisting on the term "Straight Edge," when the fans all agree he screwed Matt.

94 SVT Cobra
12-29-2005, 09:38 PM
:lol: Thats fucked up. What kind of backward world is this? I use the government for my argument and you use the Bible. This is a strange day.

You know, its actually not that strange to have one side use the gov and the other use religion, theres a word for it.....a society.....and a fucked up one at that

P.S. Smoke more by ten am then most pepole do all day

Kane Knight
12-29-2005, 11:09 PM
You know, its actually not that strange to have one side use the gov and the other use religion

LOL.

He missed it.

ddpBANG
12-30-2005, 06:06 PM
LOL.

He missed it.
Not surprised. :roll:

Kane Knight
12-30-2005, 06:59 PM
Probably too busy trying to figure out how he could have sex with his car...

...That wasn't more of the same.

The Naitch
01-05-2006, 03:10 PM
but yeah, Straight Edge is fucking lame and so are the people who follow it

xXxLAMExXx

Kane Knight
01-05-2006, 04:12 PM
but yeah, Straight Edge is fucking lame and so are the people who follow it

xXxLAMExXx

Indeed, O'Neill